Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Guido is fighting back for the battle weary bexiters :

Remainers have spent weeks now telling us the UK’s HGV driver shortage was caused by Brexit. For a group so keen on calling 52% of the population thick, they’ve been impervious to facts. Guido’s been reporting for a while now that some countries on the continent have been even worse hit by the Covid-caused supply chain issues, and now there’s photographic evidence to prove it.

From the heart of Brussels, Twitter user James Holland shows us that shops in the heart of EU-capital Brussels have also been struck, with near-empty shelves.

Good luck blaming Brexit for this one…   :rofl:

https://order-order.com/2021/10/01/new-brussels-shop-shelves-empty-despiteeu/

It's a pic of ONE  shop that appears to have run out of cheese - caused by strking Carrefour workers. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

And yet over five million have elected to stay despite all the demonisation they suffered. How brave of them.

Brexiters must be gutted : still filling up schools & hospitals, nicking much needed housing  and lowering wages. 

5 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

And yet over five million have elected to stay despite all the demonisation they suffered. How brave of them.

5m ? Aye applications, of which 0.5m are repeat applications. There were 3.5m eu citizens in the UK, and 2.8 were granted permission to live and work in the UK, who have all worked here for 5 years or more. But have decided post Brexit, to leave, because of the attitude of Brits. 

I wonder if, like the Scottish Independence referendum, where the English, Welsh, NI and Eu citizens living and working in Scotland could vote and swayed the vote against independence, due to , well you know. How'd you think the EUref vote would have went, had the Wm government allowed the Eu citizens to vote. That's right, remain would have won. 

Oh and Scots voting alone in 2014, voted for independence. So this shite about Scotland doesn't want independence should be shouted down at every possible chance, it's the traitors who don't and they're Brits.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Do people actually fall for this shite. 

Boris" How do we get foreign workers here without looking like dicks" 

Some ***** "You'll always look like dicks, but you could go on the telly, and start a panic of some kind" 

Boris " 👍 Righto! "

Edited by ri Alban

People following jaegers, thinking they're fuel tankers. :jj_facepalm:

And losing their shit with the driver, because he didn't tell them he was delivering concrete. UK folk should not be allowed to vote.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

As if right on cue, there is now a shortage of.....wait.......wait for it...............CLOWNS :rofl: I kid you not.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/circus-owner-calls-for-new-recruits-as-covid-causes-clown-shortage-40900716.html

Over to you kickbackers, this is going to be good. :laugh:

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

5m ? Aye applications, of which 0.5m are repeat applications. There were 3.5m eu citizens in the UK, and 2.8 were granted permission to live and work in the UK, who have all worked here for 5 years or more. But have decided post Brexit, to leave, because of the attitude of Brits. 

I wonder if, like the Scottish Independence referendum, where the English, Welsh, NI and Eu citizens living and working in Scotland could vote and swayed the vote against independence, due to , well you know. How'd you think the EUref vote would have went, had the Wm government allowed the Eu citizens to vote. That's right, remain would have won. 

Oh and Scots voting alone in 2014, voted for independence. So this shite about Scotland doesn't want independence should be shouted down at every possible chance, it's the traitors who don't and they're Brits.

It wasn’t a big majority think it was 53-47 but Scots only vote and we’d be independent now. 
So 55-45 is quite a big swing from English or EU voters who kept us in. 

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do people actually fall for this shite. 

Boris" How do we get foreign workers here without looking like dicks" 

Some ***** "You'll always look like dicks, but you could go on the telly, and start a panic of some kind" 

Boris " 👍 Righto! "

Exactly!

Yet again, the Sheeple are being played for mugs. No way the ERG and swivel-eyed loons in the Tory Party are going to quietly accept any major relaxation of immigration/visa rules. Especially given they got into power on the back of so many Red Wall voters who are very anti-immigration. So no matter how dire things get as regards lack of labour, whatever the solution the liars come up with has to hide the fact that a U-Turn on immigration didn’t happen.

Watch this space.

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As if right on cue, there is now a shortage of.....wait.......wait for it...............CLOWNS :rofl: I kid you not.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/circus-owner-calls-for-new-recruits-as-covid-causes-clown-shortage-40900716.html

Over to you kickbackers, this is going to be good. :laugh:

How ironic, when there is a surfeit of clowns in the current cabinet.

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

"About 4,700 further food haulage drivers will arrive from late October"...deary me.

Every paper just regurgitating bollocks, even the Guardian is at it. 

In the meantime you can now get live tweets from the motorway services group showing all the  motorway service stations that are still impacted - and there are dozens of them,  the length of the country. 

53 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Exactly!

Yet again, the Sheeple are being played for mugs. No way the ERG and swivel-eyed loons in the Tory Party are going to quietly accept any major relaxation of immigration/visa rules. Especially given they got into power on the back of so many Red Wall voters who are very anti-immigration. So no matter how dire things get as regards lack of labour, whatever the solution the liars come up with has to hide the fact that a U-Turn on immigration didn’t happen.

Watch this space.

Labour shortage = "higher wages".

And they're  even selling it as part of their  plan to "transition"  from a low wage/low skill economy to high wage/high skill.

Absolute insanity : the Tory party are now actively claiming to be on the side of higher wages - what happened to inflation ?

And why did it take a brexit shambles  for the Tories to suddently decide they were all for high wage/high skill economy? What a load of utter bollocks. 

"Hello, is that the Ministry of Truth....". 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Labour shortage = "higher wages".

And they're  even selling it as part of their  plan to "transition"  from a low wage/low skill economy to high wage/high skill.

Absolute insanity : the Tory party are now actively claiming to be on the side of higher wages - what happened to inflation ?

And why did it take a brexit shambles  for the Tories to suddently decide they were all for high wage/high skill economy? What a load of utter bollocks. 

"Hello, is that the Ministry of Truth....". 

In fact the bullshitter in chief said yesterday when taking about the North and his great 'levelling up' agenda;

"Never mind life expectancy dropping, Never mind cancer outcomes, look at the wage growth"

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

In fact the bullshitter in chief said yesterday when taking about the North and his great 'levelling up' agenda;

"Never mind life expectancy dropping, Never mind cancer outcomes, look at the wage growth"

Yeah I saw a  tweet on this and couldn't believe it (although I never believe anything he says) and I wanted the interviewer to say to him - "you know there's a direct link between income / wages & life expectancy, right "? But the crasssness of his bullshitting is just mind boggling now,  he's a Bullingdon Trump.  

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah I saw a  tweet on this and couldn't believe it (although I never believe anything he says) and I wanted the interviewer to say to him - "you know there's a direct link between income / wages & life expectancy, right "? But the crasssness of his bullshitting is just mind boggling now,  he's a Bullingdon Trump.  

Client journalists. The BBC are the very worst of them. Kuenssberg & Marr top of the list. Fiona Bruce on Question Time is risible. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Client journalists. The BBC are the very worst of them. Kuenssberg & Marr top of the list. Fiona Bruce on Question Time is risible. 

Agreed and I've long since switched off as far as the BBC is concerned. 

We've had 5 years to train the population. Yet , WM , Holyrood etc... Have sat on their ****ing arses and done **** all.

WorldChampions1902

Quote below, “We are living in a Monty Python sketch!”.

Yes indeed.

IIRC, it was called “The Gumby’s”.

C650435B-0FF3-4E1A-A3EB-964AE3E0DBC3.jpeg

45 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Quote below, “We are living in a Monty Python sketch!”.

Yes indeed.

IIRC, it was called “The Gumby’s”.

C650435B-0FF3-4E1A-A3EB-964AE3E0DBC3.jpeg

The German investment banker who got the letter and his missus "she's never driven anything bigger than a Volvo so I don't think she'll be taking advantage of this exciting opportunity. I'd like to thank the UK govt for writing to me as I'd never have got this kind opportunity in Germany".:rofl:

And they say the German don't have a sense of humour. 

2 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

But not driving lorries apparently!

I didn't know brexiters wanted immigration halted due to immigrants nicking hgv jobs (which self evidently they weren't doing given the 100K vacancies currently and the long term issues in the industry that pre date 2016). 

11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The German investment banker who got the letter and his missus "she's never driven anything bigger than a Volvo so I don't think she'll be taking advantage of this exciting opportunity. I'd like to thank the UK govt for writing to me as I'd never have got this kind opportunity in Germany".:rofl:

And they say the German don't have a sense of humour. 

🤣

Andy Marr: "Farmers are culling tens of thousands of animals as they can't send them to abattoirs due to staff shortages"

Prime minister: "Well I hate to break it to you but this is what happens in farming, animals die"

:olly:

Boris totally ignoring the point that the animals are being killed and burned, the farmers are getting no pay and this causes shortages in the food supply chain.

Prick.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Andy Marr: "Farmers are culling tens of thousands of animals as they can't send them to abattoirs due to staff shortages"

Prime minister: "Well I hate to break it to you but this is what happens in farming, animals die"

Boris totally ignoring the point that the animals are being killed and burned, the farmers are getting no pay and this causes shortages in the food supply chain.

Prick.

We need these “higher power” educated types controlling us. 
Thank goodness we’re not in any position to make decisions for ourselves up here. 
::troll:: 

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Cade said:

Prick.

He never goes on front of journalists who will hound him. 

Gary Gibbon of C4 rag dolls him up and down the place to the point that his handlers step in. 

Marr is a facilitator. He's not been the tenacious interviewer since he unfortunately had his stroke. 

The Mighty Thor
On 01/10/2021 at 11:15, SectionDJambo said:

Putting aside any potential blame of Brexit for the current issues, can anyone give an example of how Brexit has improved our lot? We hear much about how it hasn’t damaged us. How has it helped us so far?

How have our lives improved since we left? What advantages has it given us over what we would have experienced had we stayed in the EU?

If the advantages are coming soon, how soon and what will they be?

I can't provide a single benefit but here's a thread from twitter of 1,000 - yes one thousand - examples of the lies and nonsense and the reality of what is actually happening. 

On 01/10/2021 at 17:16, Ulysses said:

Ireland's supply chain is working OK, and thanks to the NI Protocol it's also we're also improving the supply chain situation in the North.  The biggest risk we have at the moment is that the expanded ferry capacity we put in between Ireland and France is already being taken up and needs to be expanded further.  I travelled from Dublin to Newry and back yesterday, a trip I've made hundreds of times.  I have never seen as many commercial vehicles on the road.  We've also seen extra strain on our segment of the E1 European route, because of extra commercial traffic coming from the continent and running between Rosslare and Belfast.

Think what it will be like when Ireland is the EU goods transit corridor for the supply route to an independent Scotland, member of the EU! Apologies in advance for this, Ulysses.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How to fix brexit /global supply chain ussue - 

It's certainly something I'd like to see but feels like straw clutching!

Edited by Taffin

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's certainly something I'd like to see but feels like straw clutching!

"... farmer down the street..."     clearly "leveling up" will include massive urban farms/farm shops where city dwellers can pop in for some artisanale bread  and a pint of gold top as economies of scale go out the window . Happy days. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"... farmer down the street..."     clearly "leveling up" will include massive urban farms/farm shops where city dwellers can pop in for some artisanale bread  and a pint of gold top as economies of scale go out the window . Happy days. 

I live in a village but our local shop is a Premier and the main shop in the town nearby is a Tesco and a Co-op. I would enjoy being able to buy local produce easier, yes. Something akin to the shopping experience in rural France where I have family. There is a fantastic shop a couple of villages over that sells locally sourced products but availability isn't great. I don't see the merit in shipping out of season goods thousands of miles into supermarkets but many do want year round availability and cheap rubbish. Was only sharing my opinion

49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I live in a village but our local shop is a Premier and the main shop in the town nearby is a Tesco and a Co-op. I would enjoy being able to buy local produce easier, yes. Something akin to the shopping experience in rural France where I have family. There is a fantastic shop a couple of villages over that sells locally sourced products but availability isn't great. I don't see the merit in shipping out of season goods thousands of miles into supermarkets but many do want year round availability and cheap rubbish. Was only sharing my opinion

Not having a dig.

I live on the edge of a small town, quite rural  : the nearest farmer used to produce a prize winning blue cheese but gave up, stopped farming altogether and flogged a huge chunk of his land for £8 million for building(now covered in 100s of houses). The "down the street farmer" shop is a 10 mile round trip with  prices to make yer eyes water.  Every MP in my county is a rabid brexiter as are most of the farmers around here.

But nobody said brexit would be easy. Oh, wait...

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not having a dig.

I live on the edge of a small town, quite rural  : the nearest farmer used to produce a prize winning blue cheese but gave up, stopped farming altogether and flogged a huge chunk of his land for £8 million for building(now covered in 100s of houses). The "down the street farmer" shop is a 10 mile round trip with  prices to make yer eyes water.  Every MP in my county is a rabid brexiter as are most of the farmers around here.

But nobody said brexit would be easy. Oh, wait...

The bit in bold is absolutely the issue for me. Artisan (as you mentioned already) bollocks for people with more money than sense. I just want fair priced local produce...which would probably be priced somewhere between rip-off nonsense and the supermarket. Instead it's hipster outlets ripping folk off and making quality, fresh and local produce seem unobtainable.

Brexit is lunacy though, but if it brings me the above I'll be relatively pleased on that front, but on that front only.

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

Think what it will be like when Ireland is the EU goods transit corridor for the supply route to an independent Scotland, member of the EU! Apologies in advance for this, Ulysses.

giphy-1-7.gif

Aye @Taffin we'd all enjoy buying produce from ... Who the feck enjoys shopping. 

And if it comes to local stuff at Tesco etc... Make sure it's Scottish, that's local enough.

The Mighty Thor

Lord Frost to tell the deluded little Englander cultistsat the lying party's annual hoedown that Global Britain (Great Nation) has drawn up full legal texts to replace the NI Protocol. 

Boom. Brexit problems be gone. 

Yip. He actually thinks that his mindless ramblings will supercede a legally binding international treaty. 

:kirk:

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Lord Frost to tell the deluded little Englander cultistsat the lying party's annual hoedown that Global Britain (Great Nation) has drawn up full legal texts to replace the NI Protocol. 

Boom. Brexit problems be gone. 

Yip. He actually thinks that his mindless ramblings will supercede a legally binding international treaty. 

:kirk:

What I don't really understand regards the NI protocol is why the UK don't just treat NI exactly like the rest of the UK and declare they are comfortable without a hard border to the EU via Ireland. "Taking back control" etc being undermined aside, what's the issue?

The government have pursued a Hard Brexit, so a hard border is required as part of that.

But the GFA prohibits a hard border in Ireland, so the Protocol is a half-way measure.

It's the only solution unless hard brexit is dropped and the UK re-joins the customs union.

Frost can try as much as he likes but it's not going to change.

We have two conflicting, contradictory treaties to balance.

25 minutes ago, Cade said:

The government have pursued a Hard Brexit, so a hard border is required as part of that.

But the GFA prohibits a hard border in Ireland, so the Protocol is a half-way measure.

It's the only solution unless hard brexit is dropped and the UK re-joins the customs union.

Frost can try as much as he likes but it's not going to change.

We have two conflicting, contradictory treaties to balance.

They have, but in the interest of pragmatism and in light of the issues it's created what's stopping them saying "we're comfortable with no border between Ireland and NI"?

Surely it's in their gift to decide on how they control (or in this case, don't control) their border?

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They have, but in the interest of pragmatism and in light of the issues it's created what's stopping them saying "we're comfortable with no border between Ireland and NI"?

Surely it's in their gift to decide on how they control (or in this case, don't control) their border?

The EU.

There has to be a customs border somewhere. At the moment it's in the Irish sea, if the UK takes that away it'll have to be the Irish border.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The EU.

There has to be a customs border somewhere. At the moment it's in the Irish sea, if the UK takes that away it'll have to be the Irish border.

There only has to be a customs border though if the country the goods/people are entering mandates one though, no? So if the UK just accept they will lose out a bit by allowing free inward flow from Ireland to NI surely it's a better solution than they have now? They didn't have one before and it worked fine...I appreciate it's a climb down on their sabre rattling about border control etc.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I find it strange that they call people who go stay in Spain for a few months a year (for the heat) expats... that's not really what they are. 

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There only has to be a customs border though if the country the goods/people are entering mandates one though, no? So if the UK just accept they will lose out a bit by allowing free inward flow from Ireland to NI surely it's a better solution than they have now? They didn't have one before and it worked fine...I appreciate it's a climb down on their sabre rattling about border control etc.

I think it's irrelvant what the UK think about their inbound border. There has to be a border between NI and the EU.

Frost via oven-ready Johnson have painted themselves into a corner and there's no amount of whatbouttery the Tories can dream up that changes the hard facts.

They could always allow Ireland to re-unite and then offer settlement to the bonfire building flat earthers? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think it's irrelvant what the UK think about their inbound border. There has to be a border between NI and the EU.

Frost via oven-ready Johnson have painted themselves into a corner and there's no amount of whatbouttery the Tories can dream up that changes the hard facts.

They could always allow Ireland to re-unite and then offer settlement to the bonfire building flat earthers? 

:10900:

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There wasn't before so if the UK don't want one, what's the issue? If the EU do, surely that's for them to decide too, a border is generally bi-directional but I'm unclear why it has to be that way.

I do agree that there has to be a border between NI and the EU but avoiding conflict appears to have made that hard to achieve in reality.

They could indeed. 

Edited by Taffin