Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Mighty Thor
17 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

You mean after months of shouting about the PROTOCOLS, you're now defending the French ignorance of the PROTOCOLS 😂

Perhaps Macron told his fishermen that if anyone asks them to fill in paperwork just throw it in the bin?

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor

I see trained lawyer Dominic Raab  now thinks that we should use prisoners as HGV drivers. 

You can feel the desperation seeping out this government. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I see trained lawyer Dominic Raab  now thinks that we should use prisoners as HGV drivers. 

That’ll be the ones jailed for serious traffic offences.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

All these new HGV drivers  on £19000 a year. :rofl: I wouldn't get out my bed for that .

You were driving a taxi during the 1st lockdown for 30 bob and a packet of peanuts :lol:

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Needed petrol this morning. Drove to first garage, Tesco, and no queue and normal service.

It was the same yesterday at Sainsburys Longstone. I passed the forecourt after being in the store and there was 4 cars in getting fuel

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Perhaps Macron told his fishermen that if anyone asks them to fill in paperwork just throw it in the bin?

:verysmug:

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Where was that performing seal spouting that pish?

Here comes the "high skill, high wage " economy. 

The government is preparing to launch a Brexit helpline for British businesses and has awarded the contract for providing the service to an Indian company.

The Department for International Trade will announce details of the hotline this week. It will help companies to negotiate a range of new rules, including documentation and physical checks on goods, that are due to come into force next year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-hotline-goes-to-indian-company-hinduja-global-solutions-0303lvzw7

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Here comes the "high skill, high wage " economy. 

The government is preparing to launch a Brexit helpline for British businesses and has awarded the contract for providing the service to an Indian company.

The Department for International Trade will announce details of the hotline this week. It will help companies to negotiate a range of new rules, including documentation and physical checks on goods, that are due to come into force next year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-hotline-goes-to-indian-company-hinduja-global-solutions-0303lvzw7

Giving the contract to an Indian company so they are not being accused of giving it to their 'mates'

Damned if they do, damned if they don't

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Giving the contract to an Indian company so they are not being accused of giving it to their 'mates'

😂

Magnificent turd polishing 👍

21 hours ago, smallfaces said:

Couldn't the EU HGV drivers, who liked it here, have applied for residency visas?

I work in an organisation with many EU & non-EU workers - I've yet to hear of any who have returned home permanently.

Yes, but that would have undermined brexiters who wanted everybody sent back home so that schools & hospitals could cope and also free up much needed housing. 

On a serious note, I have a Romanian mate who works for one of the largest logistics companies in the UK and we talked about the govt "plan" to get people back for "three months".

He said there's little likelihood of attracting Romanian drivers back because their wages have rocketed and also they don't have our high cost of living/housing to contend with in Romania. And no chance would they come back for a few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:

Tell me you're not serious.

WorldChampions1902
56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Damned immigrants, going home to steal our jobs by being abroad. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

4219961B-DA6D-435A-816F-6F1BB0B6FF19.jpeg.50e44f842349024450617543597db824.jpeg

No what I'm reading -

The Commission wants a 'permanent solution' to the disputes, not short-term arm wrestling. So in mid-October she will come up with new proposals to solve the problems with checks, forms and labeling without changing the protocol. The only UK demand that the Commission will never agree to is to remove the European Court's role as final arbiter on the correct application of EU laws. That is not only impossible under treaty law, but also politically impossible: it would prove Poland right in their attempt to inflate the primacy of EU law.

The Commission knows that it is counterproductive to announce a new ultimatum with a drum roll. London will sit back until the new date is in sight and then - hoping for limp knees at the EU - try to wrestle new concessions. So far that works. Exactly what the Member States did not want – the continual extension of transition periods – is now happening.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/nu-londen-brexitafspraken-blijft-negeren-bereidt-brussel-zich-voor-op-het-ultieme-ultimatum~b91f92f3/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

Partly for this reason, the Commission has started to privately inform the Member States about harsh sanctions if London still ignores the protocol at the end of this year. This does not only concern the usual lawsuits, but direct trade restrictions (import duties) as well as the denial of British requests to participate in research programs (funded by EU funds). Also on the sanctions list: restricting the freedom of British financial services providers to operate in the lucrative European market.

But does the Union have the political courage to push things to a head at the turn of the year? In any case, the Member States will then know what is at stake and what weapons they have at their disposal. "There can be no more surprises," said an EU official.

https://apple.news/A_LvloQZqRoiBsvsmWpAPcQ

(Reuters) - Britain began a consultation on Thursday on how to realign its electricity market more closely to Europe and improve cross-border trading after Brexit decoupled it from a common system, leading to discrepancies in market prices.

Interconnecting cables increase the ability of Britain’s electricity market to trade with others, enhance energy system flexibility and aid decarbonisation, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) said.

“We’re seeking views on the current arrangements for trading electricity on power exchanges in the GB wholesale electricity market and our proposals to support efficient cross-border trading,” BEIS added in a statement.

The British electricity market previously operated a uniform day-ahead price which was settled through shared order books on exchanges Nord Pool and Epex Spot.

But when Britain’s EU exit was completed on Jan. 1, it left the bloc’s internal energy market and its market-coupling system, leading the exchanges to run fully separated auctions, settling and clearing at different and independent prices.

BEIS now proposes that the two exchanges “make operational arrangements to couple those auctions, whereby bids and offers from across those auctions are cleared and settled in a manner that results in a single GB clearing price”.

This would also allow the UK to comply with the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) it signed with the EU, which calls for day-ahead capacity on cross-border interconnector cables and electricity to be sold together, or implicitly.

Britain currently has four interconnectors to continental Europe operated by National Grid, with a fifth to Norway due to start commercial operation on Friday, with Nord Pool operating an implicit daily auction on deliveries.

The BEIS consultation here closes on Oct. 28.

Not today you won’t. 

WorldChampions1902

Yesterday’s Times now calling out the Tory lies around EU countries also suffering from supermarket and supply chain shortages. Oh dear. This lying government cannot even rely on the support of their lapdog media to propagate their BS. Long may it continue!

A409BBFD-B122-42CB-8F07-1C94493CB3AF.jpeg

Edited by WorldChampions1902

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Yesterday’s Times now calling out the Tory lies around EU countries also suffering from supermarket and supply chain shortages. Oh dear. This lying government cannot even rely on the support of their lapdog media to propagate their BS. Long may it continue!

A409BBFD-B122-42CB-8F07-1C94493CB3AF.jpeg

Maybe the dirty digger has had enough of the loose cannon bullshitter (particularly after he made a twat of himself across the USA last week) and wants another stooge at the wheel of the lying party.

Michael Gove, come on down!

31 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

https://apple.news/A_LvloQZqRoiBsvsmWpAPcQ

(Reuters) - Britain began a consultation on Thursday on how to realign its electricity market more closely to Europe and improve cross-border trading after Brexit decoupled it from a common system, leading to discrepancies in market prices.

Interconnecting cables increase the ability of Britain’s electricity market to trade with others, enhance energy system flexibility and aid decarbonisation, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) said.

“We’re seeking views on the current arrangements for trading electricity on power exchanges in the GB wholesale electricity market and our proposals to support efficient cross-border trading,” BEIS added in a statement.

The British electricity market previously operated a uniform day-ahead price which was settled through shared order books on exchanges Nord Pool and Epex Spot.

But when Britain’s EU exit was completed on Jan. 1, it left the bloc’s internal energy market and its market-coupling system, leading the exchanges to run fully separated auctions, settling and clearing at different and independent prices.

BEIS now proposes that the two exchanges “make operational arrangements to couple those auctions, whereby bids and offers from across those auctions are cleared and settled in a manner that results in a single GB clearing price”.

This would also allow the UK to comply with the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) it signed with the EU, which calls for day-ahead capacity on cross-border interconnector cables and electricity to be sold together, or implicitly.

Britain currently has four interconnectors to continental Europe operated by National Grid, with a fifth to Norway due to start commercial operation on Friday, with Nord Pool operating an implicit daily auction on deliveries.

The BEIS consultation here closes on Oct. 28.

Not today you won’t. 

Those two terms are mutually exclusive. 

This (if true) is fantasy stuff. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They new what they were doing, they new what they were voting for. They got Brexit done. The reality is they were done by Brexit. As above only 18% think it’s going well,  most of them haven’t experienced the full Brexit yet. 
I truly believe there will be a lynching in the near future with the Liar in Chief on the highest tree. 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Over 5 million EU citizens have been accepted on the post- Brexit UK settlement scheme. Shame none of them apparently drive trucks or pick fruit.

The ones that lived here already, many for years and years, with families here and longterm jobs here?

Those ones?

WorldChampions1902
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Maybe the dirty digger has had enough of the loose cannon bullshitter (particularly after he made a twat of himself across the USA last week) and wants another stooge at the wheel of the lying party.

Michael Gove, come on down!

I don’t think you will be far off the mark, sadly. I will also be surprised if the Eton Mess is still in number 10 six months from now. Slowly but surely, the penny is dropping with the conned.

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Needed petrol this morning. Drove to first garage, Tesco, and no queue and normal service.

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was the same yesterday at Sainsburys Longstone. I passed the forecourt after being in the store and there was 4 cars in getting fuel

Was in Galashiels this afternoon doing our monthly shop, stopped in at the Shell garage which has 8 pumps, 4 were free, no queues, no limits, there was a sign up asking people not to fill up cans or bottles with fuel.  Put £30 in as that's the normal amount we put in, did some shopping then went to Asda which has about 12 pumps, there was 3 cars there, obviously no queues and no problems.

Went to Home Bargains, Asda, Iceland, M&S and Aldi, no empty shelves, plenty of stock and we got everything which we had wanted and needed.

Starting to wonder if all these empty shelves are a city thing, because apart from my local small co-op which does seem to have ongoing issues, everywhere else that I've been has had plenty of stock, I have not seen anything like what they are showing on the TV with all the empty shelves.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was in Galashiels this afternoon doing our monthly shop, stopped in at the Shell garage which has 8 pumps, 4 were free, no queues, no limits, there was a sign up asking people not to fill up cans or bottles with fuel.  Put £30 in as that's the normal amount we put in, did some shopping then went to Asda which has about 12 pumps, there was 3 cars there, obviously no queues and no problems.

Went to Home Bargains, Asda, Iceland, M&S and Aldi, no empty shelves, plenty of stock and we got everything which we had wanted and needed.

Starting to wonder if all these empty shelves are a city thing, because apart from my local small co-op which does seem to have ongoing issues, everywhere else that I've been has had plenty of stock, I have not seen anything like what they are showing on the TV with all the empty shelves.

The Remaniacs won't like that Jimbo.

We're all doomed, doomed I tell ya 

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Remaniacs won't like that Jimbo.

We're all doomed, doomed I tell ya 

Tbh, I don't really care if anybody likes what I say or not, because all I'm saying is what I see and what I'm seeing is not the same as the situation being portrayed on the TV news, well not in the shops that I've been to. 

As said, are these shortages of fuel & food more acute in the cities than in rural areas, I don't know, but you have to remember the media think that London is the centre of the universe, therefore if London is low on fuel and shops have empty shelves then so must the rest of the country....

35 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tbh, I don't really care if anybody likes what I say or not, because all I'm saying is what I see and what I'm seeing is not the same as the situation being portrayed on the TV news, well not in the shops that I've been to. 

As said, are these shortages of fuel & food more acute in the cities than in rural areas, I don't know, but you have to remember the media think that London is the centre of the universe, therefore if London is low on fuel and shops have empty shelves then so must the rest of the country....

My lad was in W Sussex yesterday and Northants today, He's spent an additional 2 hrs per day on top of his mormal 12 hrs looking for fuel. He can't go to work tomorrow because he has no fuel. 

3 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

Over 5 million EU citizens have been accepted on the post- Brexit UK settlement scheme. Shame none of them apparently drive trucks or pick fruit.

Wait till Farage hears about this - immigrants STILL draining our NHS, clogging up the schools, nicking our precious housing, benefit scrounging. What was the point of brexit ? 

3 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

5 million who likely have jobs already if they've been living here of course.

22 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My lad was in W Sussex yesterday and Northants today, He's spent an additional 2 hrs per day on top of his mormal 12 hrs looking for fuel. He can't go to work tomorrow because he has no fuel. 

My daughter got diesel at Crawley yesterday just drove straight in with no queues, in fairness if she'd needed fuel before yesterday she'd have to have joined a long queue.  She must have just been lucky.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Welcome to the land where showers and hot meals = "luxury".

Seen a trucker stop in Belgium on the news yesterday, chalk & cheese compared to a UK one.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe he should have started looking before he was on desperate need. It's called planning ahead.

If I was his boss, I would be docking his pay for failing to attend work. That's letting his work down.

Konrad von Carstein
39 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe he should have started looking before he was on desperate need. It's called planning ahead.

If I was his boss, I would be docking his pay for failing to attend work. That's letting his work down.

:berra:

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Er, it's true as far as electricity is concerned.  For some reason, when the TCA was negotiated it didn't include an agreement on electricity.  Instead, the UK and the EU agreed to consult during 2021 on UK access to the continental shared market, with access to commence in 2022.

EU and UK energy prices have increased, but the UK's increased by more.  It's not directly because of Brexit, but because the interim arrangements until 2022 don't seem to be giving electricity distributors enough confidence in available supply from a limited UK generation market.  So they're a bit spooked, and willing to pay higher prices as backup to guarantee supplies.  It's a bit weird, because even thought the UK doesn't have guaranteed national access to the shared market, it is still connected to the grid and (AFAIK) all the UK suppliers are still entitled individually to bid on the market.

It'll be sorted within the next 3-4 months.

Just now, Ulysses said:

Er, it's true as far as electricity is concerned.  For some reason, when the TCA was negotiated it didn't include an agreement on electricity.  Instead, the UK and the EU agreed to consult during 2021 on UK access to the continental shared market, with access to commence in 2022.

EU and UK energy prices have increased, but the UK's increased by more.  It's not directly because of Brexit, but because the interim arrangements until 2022 don't seem to be giving electricity distributors enough confidence in available supply from a limited UK generation market.  So they're a bit spooked, and willing to pay higher prices as backup to guarantee supplies.  It's a bit weird, because even thought the UK doesn't have guaranteed national access to the shared market, it is still connected to the grid and (AFAIK) all the UK suppliers are still entitled individually to bid on the market.

It'll be sorted within the next 3-4 months.

Agreed , I was talking from an idealogical basis : Johnson was clear he didn't want any alignment.

In practice, you're right, it will happen and the idealogues will forget about it.