Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not going well for him at MK Dons. The English lower leagues are cut throat and he hasn't really acclimatised so far.

I can only say that I thought he did a really good job for. The debacle of that Hibs cup tie seriously pissed me off though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going on the MK Dons fans forum, the comments about awful football are so reminiscent of when Neilson was with us, also his delusional post match interviews.

Just been reading 'the concrete roundabout' forum. General consensus seems that they all want Neilson and their chairman out. 

1 win since September. Playing players out of position. No basic tactic, shape or formation, Gutless performances. 

A lot are saying they are most likely to be relegated. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not going well for him at MK Dons. The English lower leagues are cut throat and he hasn't really acclimatised so far.

I can only say that I thought he did a really good job for. The debacle of that Hibs cup tie seriously pissed me off though.

FWIW I think his glib money spinner remarks really fuelled fires unnecessarily. 

Came away from that day not demonstrating the passion we all crave

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That followed by a bottle-less performance at Easter Road. 

11 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Just been reading 'the concrete roundabout' forum. General consensus seems that they all want Neilson and their chairman out. 

1 win since September. Playing players out of position. No basic tactic, shape or formation, Gutless performances. 

A lot are saying they are most likely to be relegated. 

Aye saw one of them saying he was playing Pawlett at RB :D wtf

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That followed by a bottle-less performance at Easter Road. 

Too little too late. Started the game the wrong way but nothing to compare with the successor

59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The facts are that those two cup games were better performances than the Cathro and Levein derbies, with arguably worse teams. 

Neilson had nothing up front in both games and no-one like Berra to marshall the defence. It was the lack of strikers after Sow left, plus Walker being injured, that meant he played more defensively for the rest of that season to consolidate 3rd. Anyone actually watching the games after Sow left could see we had nothing in attack. It was sensible to go for points.

Neilson takes part of the blame for not recruiting well in the forward positions, but it wasn't his fault Sow left and the first cup game would have been very different with Sow on the park.

So I wish folk would be honest and admit the reason that derby means so much, and the reason for all the hate on Neilson, is Hibs went on to win the cup, rather than make out like he's a terrible manager and poor servant to Hearts. Saying Neilson won them the cup is mental. One thing Neilson did do is condemn Hibs to another 2 seasons in the Championship. He deserves a lot of praise for that and the cup derbies are far from our worst derby performances. I've seen us play worse and win derbies.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Sow’s been as big a bust as Neilson for the record. 

As for Wing Mirrors the guy is a complete troll. He can’t help himself. Comes on a thread discussing the merits of Robbie just looking for arguments. 

Please  quote one post where I have trolled. When found please report to the Mods.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Please  quote one post where I have trolled. When found please report to the Mods.

Thanks.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Morgan said:

If he finds one then the Pope is a Jew.

Comes on a thread about Robbie, calls people trolls whilst berating others and using abusive language. No mention of RN in many of his posts.

I'm a troll though.

1 minute ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Comes on a thread about Robbie, calls people trolls whilst berating others and using abusive language. No mention of RN in many of his posts.

I'm a troll though.

I know :facepalm:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Going on the MK Dons fans forum, the comments about awful football are so reminiscent of when Neilson was with us, also his delusional post match interviews.

sounds like Robbie has learned nothing

he apparently gave it we intend to avoid the lottery of the play-offs by going up automatically at the start of the season - all the usual positive claptrap with nowt to back it up

think he's got a bit high on folk blowing smoke up his bum for beating the likes of livi and Ross county

still a couple of wins and he'll be back 'in the mix' for the right play-offs

:lol:

Sounds like his time is up. Familiar tale of early promise giving way to fan frustration and stagnation on the park. Will always fondly remember Basle and the Gretna final and of course romping the Championship, but these spineless derbies will also stick in the memory. Wish him all the best but his next job will be a step down.

Looks like he badly, badly needs a win.

Another defeat and It's hard to see him continuing. It may already be too late for him.

Consensus seems to be playing players out of position, awful football, terrible signings and gutless away performances. 

I think he was right to leave when he did but I think he chose poorly for his next job. Hard to guess what's the next move for him if he does get the bullet.

22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's a massive result for him today tbf.

Agreed. Big big win and more than that given the circumstances shows he still has the dressing room. Credit where it is deserved. 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Is his time still running out?

Few experts on here reckoned he'd lost the dressing room m9.

Clowns.

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Few experts on here reckoned he'd lost the dressing room m9.

Clowns.

In which of the four months that his time has been running out did he lose the dressing room mate?

12 minutes ago, Beats said:

Fair play to him.

I thought the players had downed tools for him but it appears not.

What did big Sow get sent off for?

High footed challenge according to the BBC report mate.   Bit of bottle shown by Robbie's players today though.

4 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

High footed challenge according to the BBC report mate.   Bit of bottle shown by Robbie's players today though.

Didn't think that was in Osman's game to be honest. 

Good 3 points that.

27 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Absolutely delighted for Robbie - that is a massive win for him.

3 points in the right direction.

Me too.

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Is his time still running out?

Not as fast as it was some 16 weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

In which of the four months that his time has been running out did he lose the dressing room mate?

Every time they lose m9, quality football intelligence right there.

Btw, how's the family?

3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Didn't think that was in Osman's game to be honest. 

Good 3 points that.

Can mind him getting sent off for us for an elbow going up for a high ball in a derby?

Think he is just back from injury as well - will be a blow for MK Dons having him suspended.

2 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Can mind him getting sent off for us for an elbow going up for a high ball in a derby?

Think he is just back from injury as well - will be a blow for MK Dons having him suspended.

Right enough mate. Forgot about that. After his injury nightmares this is the last thing he needs. 

Be interesting to see how things progress with the Dons over the next few months.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Half a dozen high profile Robbie critics come on and laud a great result today. Half a dozen Robbie defenders come on goading and itching for a bicker. Not hard to spot the trolls here. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Every time they lose m9, quality football intelligence right there.

Btw, how's the family?

Pretty good m8. All gone out for a big meal about 14 of us including kids!

How’s the family m8?

20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Pretty good m8. All gone out for a big meal about 14 of us including kids!

How’s the family m8?

Top top stuff m10.

Catch up soon un spraff some quality guff on the agenda. Chow dude.

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Top top stuff m10.

Catch up soon un spraff some quality guff on the agenda. Chow dude.

Look forward to it m7. You up for the Derby?

15 hours ago, Beats said:

Fair play to him.

I thought the players had downed tools for him but it appears not.

What did big Sow get sent off for?

Sow was very unlucky went for a 50/50 only his opponent went for the same ball with his head. No intention to injure by the looks of it.

You may remember Jose Goncalves getting sent off for a high kick a few years ago . Similar to that imo.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived