Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It's a good point because Robbie has a similar place in our history to Zidane at Real. 

Sarcasm?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It's a good point because Robbie has a similar place in our history to Zidane at Real. 

:yas:

Sarcasm alive and well.

I think?

7 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Did anyone go to the game where Cathro’s Hearts team put 6 past Motherwell almost two years ago? 

:isee:

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:isee:

What?? Any true hearts fan knows it was ian’s finest moment, even before he started :) 

Didnt get the credit he deserved for that or for 5-1 in 2012. Shame. 

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

OK Mars?

Not my sort of thread (I’m not clever enough) but, since it’s almost Christmas Eve, I thought I’d throw in my centimes worth.

After all those positive threads in the terrace the past week or so, then there's this.

7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Neilson and Zidane being compared. I’ve read it all now. 

I wish Neilson well, but Zidanw is by far a bigger legend to Real Madrid fans than Neilson is to Hearts fans. 

Despite this, I doubt their fans would be as accepting of defeat to Barcelona, as some of our fans have become accepting of defeat to Hibs. 

Bazzas right boot

Could be close to the boot.

A few "Hearts" fans will be beating themselves into a a frenzy at the thought of our cup winning, title winning manager who was with us for just under 13 years getting the sack.

Remember and stay hydrated.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

I agree-Stupid to do so, Zidane was a shite right back and his throw - ins were pish.

No comparison ?

20 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

A few "Hearts" fans will be beating themselves into a a frenzy at the thought of our cup winning, title winning manager who was with us for just under 13 years getting the sack.

Can’t understand wht the fan club fawn over a boy who did a bolt at the first offer after we pulled him from managing laddies to managing the third biggest club in Scotland 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Can’t understand wht the fan club fawn over a boy who did a bolt at the first offer after we pulled him from managing laddies to managing the third biggest club in Scotland 

Pretty obvious, ten years a player, two as manager, won a sc and won us the championship.

PHM is our Robbie.

Not many players have made it to ten years, particularly in the past 20/25 years.

I think you knew that tho, you seem relatively intelligent, more than enough to answer that question!

Shame we had plane hirer's and wannabe cartoonist to help drive him away. Might have saved us the cathro debacle!

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Pretty obvious, ten years a player, two as manager, won a sc and won us the championship.

PHM is our Robbie.

Not many players have made it to ten years, particularly in the past 20/25 years.

I think you knew that tho, you seem relatively intelligent, more than enough to answer that question!

Shame we had plane hirer's and wannabe cartoonist to help drive him away. Might have saved us the cathro debacle!

So you’re prepared to forget that he bumped us to go to some no marks in Milton Keynes and that he was solely responsible for instilling a couldn’t care less attitude at the club regarding games against hibs?

14 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

There's literally no fawning, just people sticking up for one of the best servants the club's had in recent decades.

If you can't or won't see that then fine, you are what you are, but hating a good Hearts man is not the norm. Not on here anyway. 

Just now, Smithee said:

There's literally no fawning, just people sticking up for one of the best servants the club's had in recent decades.

If you can't or won't see that then fine, you are what you are, but hating a good Hearts man is not the norm. Not on here anyway. 

I don’t hate the boy as I don’t know him. Such a good servant that he bumped us for MK after we gave him his big break in management. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

So you’re prepared to forget that he bumped us to go to some no marks in Milton Keynes and that he was solely responsible for instilling a couldn’t care less attitude at the club regarding games against hibs?

Yawn, manager leaves club that fans have shown discontent and for more money , shocked, I tell ya!

I forgot, he was also the first Hearts manager to lose to hibs, ever.

If all your Christmas's come true and he is sacked, stay hydrated while you celebrate! Drink water, not soft drinks.?

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Yawn, manager leaves club that fans have shown discontent and for more money , shocked, I tell ya!

I forgot, he was also the first Hearts manager to lose to hibs, ever.

If all your Christmas's come true and he is sacked, stay hydrated while you celebrate! Drink water, not soft drinks.?

You like this staying hydrated line do you no? 

1 minute ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

I don’t hate the boy as I don’t know him. Such a good servant that he bumped us for MK after we gave him his big break in management. 

If you can call me fawning I can call you hating. 

He left at the right time for me, a section of our support had turned into haters and he wasn't going to win them back, rightly or wrongly.  

But yeah, let's pretend your problem with Robbie is based around him leaving and just ignore the many years of service to hearts - he went to Milton Keynes!!!!

Honestly, there are some real negative hateful fools in our support

Just now, Smithee said:

He left at the right time for me, a section of our support had turned into haters and he wasn't going to win them back, rightly or wrongly.  

But yeah, let's pretend your problem with Robbie is based around him leaving and just ignore the many years of service to hearts - he went to Milton Keynes!!!!

Mon the hateful fools 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

You like this staying hydrated line do you no? 

Keeps ya healthy.

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Keeps ya healthy.

What’s the score going to be on Wednesday then, Tosh?

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

What’s the score going to be on Wednesday then, Tosh?

2-1 us or 1-1.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ri Alban said:

:what:Try again!

3-0 Easy!

Nah, I'm playing this one cool.

2-1

:fonzie:

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

A properly balanced post (as always Smithee)

I am in no shape or form a Robbie hater, but his football in his 18 months spell in the Prem was dire to watch.

I gave him the benefit, that it would improve as he established us as a solid club. 

He decided to move on first, but IMO, there were no signs of a more attractive style emerging.

I have been on Dons forum (and posted links on this thread) that same old,same old style was adopted down there.

He cannot buy a run of form, he does not have the the attributes to inspire an unknown set of players, no flamboyance, gift of the gab.

He cannot walk the walk or talk the talk.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

I'm surprised he hasn't done better because the smart footballing brains on here said he was really good

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

After all those positive threads in the terrace the past week or so, then there's this.

Soz.

Should have ran it by you first for approval.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Soz.

Should have ran it by you first for approval.

A bit uncalled for. I was agreeing with you.

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A bit uncalled for. I was agreeing with you.

I’ve obviously misinterpreted your post in that case.

Sorry. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I am in no shape or form a Robbie hater, but his football in his 18 months spell in the Prem was dire to watch.

I gave him the benefit, that it would improve as he established us as a solid club. 

He decided to move on first, but IMO, there were no signs of a more attractive style emerging.

I have been on Dons forum (and posted links on this thread) that same old,same old style was adopted down there.

He cannot buy a run of form, he does not have the the attributes to inspire an unknown set of players, no flamboyance, gift of the gab.

Thank you chief. I tend to agree generally, at the end of his time with us I was bored shitless, not even bothering to watch the end of games from my comfy chair with no commute home.  By the time he left things had started to stagnate a bit IMO. I don't personally think he'll be a top manager but he did everything he could for us as player and head coach and deserves the respect of Hearts fans for that if nothing else. And The Tackle.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

A fair and balanced post, Tommy.

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I think you meant to write Hearts “fans”. You’re welcome. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I think you meant to write Hearts “fans”. You’re welcome. 

Nope, Hearts.

They could be fans of anything, Hearts is the ironic/ sarcastic part.

It may actually need to be "Hearts fans".

I don't care that much, you may want clarification for piece of mind, maybe ask someone else.

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Even you, Hendricks. Do you genuinely think I'm comparing RN and ZZ, or comparing ''fan'' reactions to defeats, historical or otherwise to your biggest rivals? If you're gonna try petty point scoring, at least try understand the point being made.

JKB Brain Trust not taking time off for Xmas, I see.

7 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Even you, Hendricks. Do you genuinely think I'm comparing RN and ZZ, or comparing ''fan'' reactions to defeats, historical or otherwise to your biggest rivals? If you're gonna try petty point scoring, at least try understand the point being made.

JKB Brain Trust not taking time off for Xmas, I see.

Aye. Real Madrid hadn’t won their countries premium cup tournament for 110+ years either. The comparison in any way is utterly ludicrous. Bash on though.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Aye. Real Madrid hadn’t won their countries premium cup tournament for 110+ years either. The comparison in any way is utterly ludicrous. Bash on though.

The boy from NY thought Cathro was in charge when we beat Motherwell 6-0 so you’d be as well ignoring a slaister of Herculean proportions 

5 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Just read that article. 3 points off the relegation zone and won 1 in 12 yet the slaver doesn’t think he’s in a relegation battle. . 

I can't recall another manager who has created so much obsession with our fans after leaving.

Ironically his last couple of games before going were akin to the free flowing style we saw in the first 3/4 of championship season. Prior to that it was getting predictably dull. But he did a great job getting us to where he did and he probably left at the right time for all concerned. Shame the replacement was so unbelievably bad.

I think we can be sure we will see him back in Scottish football in the not too distant future.

Elias Henry Furst
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I can't recall another manager who has created so much obsession with our fans after leaving.

That’s because of what happened under his watch regarding Hibs and the Scottish cup.

He’ll always be remembered as the Hearts manager that allowed it to happen.

12 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

That’s because of what happened under his watch regarding Hibs and the Scottish cup.

EHF most certainly kens his onions. 

9 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

They put us out in the quarter final ffs. It's hardly as if they beat us in the final. And the planes and bedsheets were out long before that. The hibs and Scottish Cup line is just way too convenient for some people. It's time to drop it, I can't recall any hibs fans obsessing about pat felon the way this place does about Neilson and Wee Pats crime to edinburgh derbys is way more serious than Neilson's. 

Elias Henry Furst
19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They put us out in the quarter final ffs. It's hardly as if they beat us in the final. And the planes and bedsheets were out long before that. The hibs and Scottish Cup line is just way too convenient for some people. It's time to drop it, I can't recall any hibs fans obsessing about pat felon the way this place does about Neilson and Wee Pats crime to edinburgh derbys is way more serious than Neilson's. 

The plane was flown above Tynecastle after our exit to them in the cup.

’It’s time to drop it’?

Nah. I’ll continue as I see fit. Cheers.

29 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

The plane was flown above Tynecastle after our exit to them in the cup.

’It’s time to drop it’?

Nah. I’ll continue as I see fit. Cheers.

The plastic fellah fully endorses this post.

Every time I read this thread, I realize how of sound mind I am!  There are some folk on here with serious issues.

robbie is still in a job and there is no indication otherwise.

Robbie did not win the cup for Hibs, a piss poor Rangers team did though.

Robbie will have a decent managerial career, nothing more, nothing less.

Robbie achieved a great deal with us and lifted us to being 2-3 years ahead of our plan following admin.

Robbie is a Hearts man but he's no longer our manager and left because he wanted to try managing in England.

We have a great manager and set up at the club right now and our future is seriously exciting.  A suggestion would be to support Hearts and stop looking for any negative slant.  Just think, you could be subjected to Lennon and Hibs every week ?????????

This topic was started 4 months ago. 

I’d like to know what time scale the OP and Robbie hater’s work to!? 

Was SAF’s time running out when he didn’t win the league in 2012? 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived