Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Bridge of Djoum
56 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

29 pages

:vrface:

And 4 months.

There are some proper, bitter little loons on here.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what does the MK Dons forum say about this latest result? I think that's what we all really want to know.

Poor Robbie, stuck in an endless time running out loop.

giphy.gif

letsalldothebeattie

Another poor result today for Robbie. Would leave them 2 points and 2 places above the relegation zone. He must be getting worried for his job now. Dons don’t usually seem to be a club who fire managers regularly but looking like they could be in danger of being caught into a relegation scrap

He will be disappointed they hadn't followed up the other days result. This was a poor one again.

Will Robbie jump before he is surely pushed? 

Elias Henry Furst

It’s a tight league. Couple of wins and they’d move up the league. Similarly a few defeats and they could be in the relegation positions.

Doesn’t appear to have been any progress made since he took over.

I think he felt the club was at a low ebb when he took over and in a wrongful position. Well if the chairman and fans thought the same he must be under pressure today.

23 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Maybe it’s wee Derek Adams who is destined for bigger things 

"Destined for"

Derek Adams - 10 years a manager. High point so far has been assistant at Hibs. Had to go to League 2 to get a start in England.

Neilson - 3.5 years a manager. Do I need to mention the high point? Jumped straight to a League 1 club.

Great comparison mate. Top thinking. And totally sensible and rational, too. Let's see where Neilson is in 10 years and compare their careers then?

One step forward and two steps back for oor Robmeister.

7 wins in 26 league games says it all. The great result he had on Saturday especially given the circumstances may have bought him a little breathing space but the writings on the wall in terms of a relegation fight especially given a couple of other results today. They’ve improved not a jot since he took over despite being amongst the favorites for a play off spot this season. 

Mars plastic
12 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

"Destined for"

Derek Adams - 10 years a manager. High point so far has been assistant at Hibs. Had to go to League 2 to get a start in England.

Neilson - 3.5 years a manager. Do I need to mention the high point? Jumped straight to a League 1 club.

Great comparison mate. Top thinking. And totally sensible and rational, too. Let's see where Neilson is in 10 years and compare their careers then?

Thought you’d still be in the dressing room reading the riot act, Boab.

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

7 wins in 26 league games says it all. The great result he had on Saturday especially given the circumstances may have bought him a little breathing space but the writings on the wall in terms of a relegation fight especially given a couple of other results today. They’ve improved not a jot since he took over despite being amongst the favorites for a play off spot this season. 

Being shown up by Wee Derek who, according to the Socrates fellie, is an utter huddie.

Thought the result the other day would have given them a platform to build something on - to play for a huge chunk of the game with 9 men and come out of the game with 3 points was a heck of a result for him.    Penny for the chairman's thoughts - must be doubts creeping in.

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still think he'll end up at Sevco next season. 

That would be great news for us. Sadly I don't agree. Punted from the Dons and then back up the road to Raith or Cowdenbeath

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Beats said:

That would be great news for us. Sadly I don't agree. Punted from the Dons and then back up the road to Raith or Cowdenbeath

I think he’ll end up emptying my bins every Wednesday 

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Aye, that's the way I see it panning out.

1 hour ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Being shown up by Wee Derek who, according to the Socrates fellie, is an utter huddie.

You obviously consider assistant manager to one of Hibs worst recent managers to be a bigger job than I do. Figures.

54 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still think he'll end up at Sevco next season. 

Surely there's absolutely no chance of that.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Well that's not true is it. I would have thought someone who follow's Neilson's career at MK Dons so closely would be more aware of his record there. They were just above the relegation spots on GD when they're previous manager was binned. He took them to mid table safety that season. Even now, they're better off in the league than they were when he took over around this year. HIs cup record so far is the same as his predecessor. Making up stuff to put down a great servant to Hearts. Sound...

4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Well that's not true is it. I would have thought someone who follow's Neilson's career at MK Dons so closely would be more aware of his record there. They were just above the relegation spots on GD when they're previous manager was binned. He took them to mid table safety that season. Even now, they're better off in the league than they were when he took over around this year. HIs cup record so far is the same as his predecessor. Making up stuff to put down a great servant to Hearts. Sound...

:lies:

35 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Lol. Wrong. They were in 19th when he joined them and a year on are still in 19th!!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38189935

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/milton-keynes-dons/table

7 wins in 26. Utterly pathetic record given they were one of the favorites for a play off spot. 

Mars plastic
15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Their next league game is the derby v AFC Wimbledon. Currently 2 pts between them.

No scope for the now fabled money spinning replay either 

On 2018-01-01 at 11:40, Hendricks said:

Lol. Wrong. They were in 19th when he joined them and a year on are still in 19th!!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38189935

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/milton-keynes-dons/table

7 wins in 26. Utterly pathetic record given they were one of the favorites for a play off spot. 

I said when his predecessor left. Seeing as that’s the only real comparison you can make.

4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I said when his predecessor left. Seeing as that’s the only real comparison you can make.

"Even now, they're better off in the league than they were when he took over around this year".

Sorry but they aren't as evidenced by the links I attached. 19th then and 19th now.

In fact their average points per game is actually getting worse all the time.......61pts from 46 games last year (1.32 pts per game) against 29pts from 26 games so far this (1.1 pts per game). They are also scoring less goals per game, 60 in 46 games last year (1.30 per game) against only 28 in 26 games this year (1.07 per game). And lo and behold they are conceding more too!!  58 goals conceded in 46 last season (1.26 per game) against this season 38 goals conceded in 26 games (1.46 per game). Nothing is better this season that is for sure!

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

"Even now, they're better off in the league than they were when he took over around this year".

Sorry but they aren't as evidenced by the links I attached. 19th then and 19th now.

In fact their average points per game is actually getting worse all the time.......61pts from 46 games last year (1.32 pts per game) against 29pts from 26 games so far this (1.1 pts per game). They are also scoring less goals per game, 60 in 46 games last year (1.30 per game) against only 28 in 26 games this year (1.07 per game). And lo and behold they are conceding more too!!  58 goals conceded in 46 last season (1.26 per game) against this season 38 goals conceded in 26 games (1.46 per game). Nothing is better this season that is for sure!

I didn’t put the same research into this as you as I have a life. I just quoted their league position from an article when the other guy was sacked.

3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I didn’t put the same research into this as you as I have a life. I just quoted their league position from an article when the other guy was sacked.

Took me 90 seconds to look it up and disprove your usual nonsense. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but their league Position was 19th when "the other guy" (Karl Robinson) was sacked. Its 19th now and their record is poorer this season. FACT.

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Took me 90 seconds to look it up and disprove your usual nonsense. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but their league Position was 19th when "the other guy" (Karl Robinson) was sacked. Its 19th now and their record is poorer this season. FACT.

This is getting silly now, time for you to tell us what really happened between Robbie and you?

32 minutes ago, smiler said:

This is getting silly now, time for you to tell us what really happened between Robbie and you?

Robbie’s a good dude. That has nothing to do with this thread. My posts in this thread are my opinion of him as a head coach and what he’s done since leaving Hearts and pointing out facts to the likes of Socrates who clearly tries to pull the wool with nonsense. You presumably fall in his camp as you’ve attempted to call me out despite me being the one posting facts and him as per usual typing keek!!!

Just now, Hendricks said:

Robbie’s a good dude. That has nothing to do with this thread. My posts in this thread are my opinion of him as a head coach and what he’s done since leaving Hearts and pointing out facts to the likes of Socrates who clearly tries to pull the wool with nonsense. You presumably fall in his camp as you’ve attempted to call me out despite me being the one posting facts and him as per usual typing keek!!!

Aye whatever. The delight you take when his team are struggling is just odd.

Facts:

7 league wins in 26.

Poorer points per game than last season.

Less goals for per game than last season.

More goals against per game than last season.

Last season 19th in league when he moved there. This season currently 19th in league.

Opinions:

Very definitely in a relegation fight.

Sacked if they lose at QPR in the FA Cup AND in the derby against AFC Wimbledon the following week.

Will never coach/manage a bigger club than Hearts. 

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Aye whatever. The delight you take when his team are struggling is just odd.

Good comeback!

The “delight” has zilch to do with Robbie and much more to do with certain individuals opinions being routinely wrong on here! 

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Facts:

7 league wins in 26.

Poorer points per game than last season.

Less goals for per game than last season.

More goals against per game than last season.

Last season 19th in league when he moved there. This season currently 19th in league.

Opinions:

Very definitely in a relegation fight.

Sacked if they lose at QPR in the FA Cup AND in the derby against AFC Wimbledon the following week.

Will never coach/manage a bigger club than Hearts. 

Did you, or did you not, get a semi whilst:- 

a ) researching that and/or

b ) typing that out?

18 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Good comeback!

The “delight” has zilch to do with Robbie and much more to do with certain individuals opinions being routinely wrong on here! 

I like you Hendricks, I think you're a good egg really, when you're not banging on about RN.

59 minutes ago, smiler said:

Did you, or did you not, get a semi whilst:- 

a ) researching that and/or

b ) typing that out?

Lol. I'm fortunate in life. Have far better things to get a semi over.  :P

53 minutes ago, smiler said:

I like you Hendricks, I think you're a good egg really, when you're not banging on about RN.

Cheers. I've no issues whatsoever if people don't agree with my opinions. Its a football forum after all, hardly life and death. Hope you have a great 2018!

Bazzas right boot

This thread is an utter embarrassment.

Some folk taking pleasure in our man Robbie failing, others defending a guy who left us a year ago.

No one is looking good on this thread.

This thread is not cool.:fonzie:

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. I'm fortunate in life. Have far better things to get a semi over.  :P

Not that fortunate if it's only a semi your getting!?

Neilson's time's been running out since August...

Even a broken clock's correct twice a day.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Is Milton Keynes in a different time zone to the rest of the UK?

Feels like it anytime I've been there tbf

This thread is tragic.  Robbie's time came to an end at Hearts and I for one was shouting for this from every rooftop going.  However, he left with my appreciation, respect and gratitude.  I want him to succeed (providing not against Hearts) in his career and this thread makes me very sad.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived