Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

south morocco
1 minute ago, Beats said:

Would anyone take Sow back? 

With Naismith and Lafferty up top  , maybe not. shows how far we've come in a short space of time?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sadj said:

Thats a really tough one. Id say no because hes continued to have injury problems and hasn’t exactly shined since he left us. May sour some of the good memories we have of him and he left in the perfect way.

Agree with this. 

Im sure although money is greater in England MK Dons budget is pretty poor in that league and the competition is fierce so pulling together a decent run is tough.

I’d still have him back fwiw, did a good job with limited funds at a tough time in the clubs history. Did enough up here to show he can be a good manager (derby record aside).

Cant see CL being in the hot seat for 3 years - cost effective / damage limitation appointment by Anne Budge. 

Think RN left too early and could do with another crack up here but maybe the lure of down south too great. Nobody knows really what’s going on behind the scenes at MK but it’s not looking great for him.

Think you get more time to dig a hole in Scotland. 

Pity it's not worked out for him but that's

football. Thin line between success and failure. 

I don't understand the delight certain posters are taking from this situation though shows them up in a very poor light. 

As for the one gloating because he feels he was proved right he needs to get out more if that's what makes him happy. 

Feel sorry if Robbie doesn't make it - can't understand why quite a number want so badly for him to fail. He gave Hearts great service

Robbie and Levein are great Jambos but I know which one I want in the dugout tomorrow and it ain't Robbie.

How many times does it need said on this thread.....!!!!

I've absolutely nothing personal against Robbie Neilson, I wish him no ill will whatsoever. He was a plodder of a journeymen footballer and had an excellent season in the Championship as Hearts Head Coach. Apart from that meh, a good servant who gave his all would be as high a compliment as one could reasonably pay.

What I do take "delight" at is the truly laughable notion that some had that he was the 2nd coming of Alex Ferguson, was going to take English football by storm and the utter bullshit those of us who had a different opinion had to listen to. How he was going to take MK Dons into the English Championship, how he was going to be poached by bigger English clubs, how he wasn't at fault for his embarrassing and dismal record against Hibs and his overseeing the worst European result in our history and that it 'wisnae his fault' he was the first Hearts manager in over a century to see our rivals win the Scottish Cup despite his very ill advised comments in the aftermath of the game at Tynecastle.

I don't give a toss about where Neilson's career goes though in my view he'll never get close to managing a club of Hearts side again and will end up coaching a club who get a couple of thousand punters each week but reading the smug bs about how good he is/was and seeing the egg on those faces is definitely "delightful".

I'm afraid his time is undoubtedly running out at MK Dons. He did  a fantastic job for us both as a player and a manager. Those slagging him off on here for what more or less appears to be a couple of games in the cup against Hibs need to take a look at themselves and have a reality check.

Good player.

Very good (inexperienced) manager. 

I hope he gets himself another managerial job soon.

Good luck Robbie

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I've absolutely nothing personal against Robbie Neilson, I wish him no ill will whatsoever. He was a plodder of a journeymen footballer and had an excellent season in the Championship as Hearts Head Coach. Apart from that meh, a good servant who gave his all would be as hugh a compliment as one could reasonably pay.

What I do take "delight" at is the truly laughable notion that some had that he was the 2nd coming of Alex Ferguson, was going to take English football by storm and the utter bullshit those of us who had a different opinion had to listen to. How he was going to take MK Dons into the English Championship, how he was going to be poached by bigger English clubs, how he wasn't at fault for his embarrassing and dismal record against Hibs and his overseeing the worst European result in our history and that it 'wisnae his fault' he was the first Hearts manager in over a century to see our rivals win the Scottish Cup despite his very ill advised comments in the aftermath of the game at Tynecastle.

I don't give a toss about where Neilson's career goes though in my view he'll never get close to managing a club of Hearts side again and will end up coaching a club who get a couple of thousand punters each week but reading the smug bs about how good he is/was and seeing the egg on those faces is definitely "delightful".

Well said sir .

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I've absolutely nothing personal against Robbie Neilson, I wish him no ill will whatsoever. He was a plodder of a journeymen footballer and had an excellent season in the Championship as Hearts Head Coach. Apart from that meh, a good servant who gave his all would be as hugh a compliment as one could reasonably pay.

You're absolutely obsessed with Neilson. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You're absolutely obsessed with Neilson. 

:laugh:

Lol. Not in the least. Simply post on this thread just as others have done many times. I'm being proved right like several other posters. Sorry if you are butt hurt because of that Dessy boy.

Just now, Hendricks said:

Lol. Not in the least. Simply post on this thread just as others have done many times. I'm being proved right like several other posters. Sorry if you are butt hurt because of that Dessy boy.

My butt is fine thanks. 

No no honestly you're not bothered about Robbie :rofl: 

15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I don't give a toss about where Neilson's career goes 

Uh huh.

What you seem to overlook is that Neilson is at the very start of his management career. He proved he was a good coach while learning his trade with a constrained budget at Hearts no matter how many people want to judge him on one cup result.

How anyone can think that Robbie Neilson's career ends at MK Dons or that he cannot manage at a higher level given how many other average or worse than average managers have (Stubbs, Warburton, Adams, and hundreds there) is bizarre. He could easily get binned by MK, come back to Dundee or someone, then get another move down south or to a bigger club. Football management is a very up and down career. See the "next best things" Owen Coyle and Steve Clarke ending up where they are now. And where is Eric Black now? When did someone like Alex McLeish last have a job?

If you're in a job you're doing well. Neilson arguably chose his move well because League 1 and the Championship is an extremely cut throat environment for managers. He would have been binned by now at many other clubs. He got himself a move, put himself in the shop window and chose a club where there is more chance than not that he will be given time (that's going to be tested if he can't lift them out of the relegation zone). 

Most folk wished Neilson well and, again, the idea that he can manage at a higher level is not especially fanciful. He's in his 30s not 60s. He's got masses of time and there will be masses of opportunities for someone as dedicated to being a football coach as him. All he needs is one good season somewhere and he'll be back on the radar of clubs. That's basically how it works.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

My butt is fine thanks. 

No no honestly you're not bothered about Robbie :rofl: 

As previously explained, not in the least bothered about Robbie. Like being proven correct though. Hope this clarifies, AGAIN.

As previously explained, not in the least bothered about Robbie. Like being proven correct though. Hope this clarifies, AGAIN.

How have you been proven correct? 

Just now, socrates82 said:

Uh huh.

What you seem to overlook is that Neilson is at the very start of his management career. He proved he was a good coach while learning his trade with a constrained budget at Hearts no matter how many people want to judge him on one cup result.

How anyone can think that Robbie Neilson's career ends at MK Dons or that he cannot manage at a higher level given how many other average or worse than average managers have (Stubbs, Warburton, Adams, and hundreds there) is bizarre. He could easily get binned by MK, come back to Dundee or someone, then get another move down south or to a bigger club. Football management is a very up and down career. See the "next best things" Owen Coyle and Steve Clarke ending up where they are now. And where is Eric Black now? When did someone like Alex McLeish last have a job?

If you're in a job you're doing well. Neilson arguably chose his move well because League 1 and the Championship is an extremely cut throat environment for managers. He would have been binned by now at many other clubs. He got himself a move, put himself in the shop window and chose a club where there is more chance than not that he will be given time (that's going to be tested if he can't lift them out of the relegation zone). 

Most folk wished Neilson well and, again, the idea that he can manage at a higher level is not especially fanciful. He's in his 30s not 60s. He's got masses of time and there will be masses of opportunities for someone as dedicated to being a football coach as him.

Lmao. Robbie will never even manage a club of Hearts size again!!!!

Robbie Neilson is a nobody in a football sense compared to a number of the people you have listed. He is a complete unknown in England and this was his chance. He has failed entirely. He will get a job back in Scotland but he will never be his own man in England again, bets he could hope for would be an assistant type role. Bookmark it!!

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You're only being proved right in the sense that a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just now, socrates82 said:

You're only being proved right in the sense that a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Sure I am!!!  When he is managing in the Championship again?

Lmao. Robbie will never even manage a club of Hearts size again!!!!

Robbie Neilson is a nobody in a football sense compared to a number of the people you have listed. He is a complete unknown in England and this was his chance. He has failed entirely. He will get a job back in Scotland but he will never be his own man in England again, bets he could hope for would be an assistant type role. Bookmark it!!

He'll only have failed if his boss thinks he has failed. HIs boss chose him over Steven Gerrard. That suggests he's not someone who cares about having a "name" in the hot seat.

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Uh huh.

Most folk wished Neilson well and, again, the idea that he can manage at a higher level is not especially fanciful. He's in his 30s not 60s. He's got masses of time and there will be masses of opportunities for someone as dedicated to being a football coach as him.

Good points made there.

They do say you learn by your mistakes so every reason he could still be a success in the future.

Wishing someone to fail just because you want to be proved correct is strange behaviour. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Good points made there.

They do say you learn by your mistakes so every reason he could still be a success in the future.

Wishing someone to fail just because you want to be proved correct is strange behaviour. 

Totally agree. It's strange weirdo loser behaviour to wish a club legend to fail. 

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Sure I am!!!  When he is managing in the Championship again?

You're the one with the crystal ball. I've always said he could get there easy. Stubbs and Warburton did for example and Neilson bettered both of them. Also see the other names I mentioned. The English Championship is really not a league of world class managers you might think it is! Management, as anyone who has followed football for a while instead of spending time hiring planes or trolling forums and what not knows, is not wizardy. You don't just wave a wand and have success at every club you go to. Budget, luck, owner, player form there are loads of variables. There are a very few genuine top class managers who succeed everywhere. Then there are the rest. He's got a chance because he proved at Hearts he has the right attitude and approach. he's serious about managing and coaching, unlike say Neil Lennon who gets jobs for his name and is happy to be a pundit half the time.

I'm not as up on MK Dons as you are but they are clearly a fairly unique club with an owner who gives coaches a chance. Who knows what their budget is like though and if their owner wanted instant success why did he appoint a relative rookie? His time at MK will run out at some point but that doesn't mean he's done as a manager. Total shite. He could easily come back to Hearts, D Utd, St J. He's got a good name in Scotland even if you think he's unknown in England.

I definitely feel "telt" by Socrates. Love the fact he's so gutted about Robster's shocking performance. If the MK Twitter comments are anything to go by Winkelman is going to need to be a huge proponent of RN to keep him a moment longer. 

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I definitely feel "telt" by Socrates. Love the fact he's so gutted about Robster's shocking performance. If the MK Twitter comments are anything to go by Winkelman is going to need to be a huge proponent of RN to keep him a moment longer. 

I have no idea how Robbie is performing or what he is up against or how much money he has and all that. Unlike you I don't go on MK Dons forums or Twitter (good grief, that's obsessive).  Hope he does well and will watch with interest, like with CP, Jamie Walker, even the likes of Csaba Laszlo and other ex-Hearts  folk when they pop up at a club again.

Again, for the hard of learning (you), he is a YOUNG manager at the START of his career and he is LEARNING.Whether he gets the boot at MK or not, that doesn't mean he has failed as a manager anymore than Robbo failed as a footballer when he went to Newcastle.

45 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I have no idea how Robbie is performing or what he is up against or how much money he has and all that. Unlike you I don't go on MK Dons forums or Twitter (good grief, that's obsessive).  Hope he does well and will watch with interest, like with CP, Jamie Walker, even the likes of Csaba Laszlo and other ex-Hearts  folk when they pop up at a club again.

Again, for the hard of learning (you), he is a YOUNG manager at the START of his career and he is LEARNING.Whether he gets the boot at MK or not, that doesn't mean he has failed as a manager anymore than Robbo failed as a footballer when he went to Newcastle.

Absolutely hilarious post, you’re absolutely gutted your favourite is failing. Now using Neilson’s fave post-match excuse “young players learning all the time”, even when there weren’t that many young players in the team.

Problem is your hero is not learning, he is persisting with the same feckin terrible approach to football he took with us. Terrible turgid defensive. Read the MK Dons forum, the comments and frustrations of their fans are so reminiscent of kickback when Neilson was our manager.

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolutely hilarious post, you’re absolutely gutted your favourite is failing. Now using Neilson’s fave post-match excuse “young players learning all the time”, even when there weren’t that many young players in the team.

Problem is your hero is not learning, he is persisting with the same feckin terrible approach to football he took with us. Terrible turgid defensive. Read the MK Dons forum, the comments and frustrations of their fans are so reminiscent of kickback when Neilson was our manager.

Absolutely spot on. Neilson has regressed badly, he’s not “learning” or “improving” he’s a busted flush who has no motivational skills whatsoever. You only need to look at how badly many of his signings have done in exactly the same vein as many of his signings, certainly latterly, did at Tynecastle! Hopefully he got a good contract down there and will get a nice wedge in his settlement as he’s destined for a much smaller club than Hearts when he returns to Scottish football with his tail between his legs. 

Stephen Muddie

Sacked. Shambolic defending and poor discipline from what I saw of his final match 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived