Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

104 days later...

Bit cheeky that mothy, you clearly didn't read the rest of /follow up posts. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

If we can keep it going long enough, when Robbie does get the tin tack, us Robbie haters can say "told you so"

BTW, I am not a RN hater, quite the opposite. But if he is still in his position at the end of Jan, I will be surprised.

Good result at the weekend, though.

Fair to say a few folk jumped the gun a few months ago. Obviously on a long enough timeline etc, everyone’s time is running out, but if you read this thread from the OP to here, the desperation being displayed in some quarters is hilarious. :rofl:

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:spoton: Des

There's always been a hard core that didn't like him as a player, didn't like hime as a manager, didn't like his dress sense etc. etc. Jealous feckwits.

i'd take him back in a heart beat. thought he done really well with us and exceeded all expectations. Up first time, 3rd in League then left us sitting 2nd. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

If we can keep it going long enough, when Robbie does get the tin tack, us Robbie haters can say "told you so"

BTW, I am not a RN hater, quite the opposite. But if he is still in his position at the end of Jan, I will be surprised.

Good result at the weekend, though.

Even if he goes from MK at the end of this season or even Jan, which I don't think so, as their owner has a rep for standing by managers and believes in giving them a decent time to work with, two season is actually a long time for a manager these days!  See the likes of Stubbs and Lennon who bombed down south. So you could say I told you so but it really won't carry much weight! No-one is saying Neilson is a genius but he's certainly one of the better young Scottish managers in terms of his record (proved that with us and his team seems to have done well in patches down south) and he's already done better than some who have tried their luck down there.

Unless MK have a fixed "get in the play-offs or get sacked" target or he puts them back in relegation trouble (where they were when he took over) I doubt he'll go without being given another season to see what he can do.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
32 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Even if he goes from MK at the end of this season or even Jan, which I don't think so, as their owner has a rep for standing by managers and believes in giving them a decent time to work with, two season is actually a long time for a manager these days!  See the likes of Stubbs and Lennon who bombed down south. So you could say I told you so but it really won't carry much weight! No-one is saying Neilson is a genius but he's certainly one of the better young Scottish managers in terms of his record (proved that with us and his team seems to have done well in patches down south) and he's already done better than some who have tried their luck down there.

Unless MK have a fixed "get in the play-offs or get sacked" target or he puts them back in relegation trouble (where they were when he took over) I doubt he'll go without being given another season to see what he can do.

it used to be he was destined for the premiership

then it was the championship (maybe even with mk dons)

now it appears to be if he's sacked he lasted quite a long time and did no worse than others (who incidentally were at basket-cases of clubs, rather than robbie's cosy ambitious club with the supportive chairman)

anyone spot a trend

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Still no sacked??? :rofl:

again it used to be x points off the play-offs, in the mix for y and z etc

now it's still no sacked

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

The hatred for Robbie is baffling. 

He must have been going about town shagging everyone's wife, daughters and sons at the weekend.

39 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He must have been going about town shagging everyone's wife, daughters and sons at the weekend.

You always sexualise everything. 

It's about the shite winning the cup, which is sad considering he was a great servant to Hearts. 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it used to be he was destined for the premiership

then it was the championship (maybe even with mk dons)

now it appears to be if he's sacked he lasted quite a long time and did no worse than others (who incidentally were at basket-cases of clubs, rather than robbie's cosy ambitious club with the supportive chairman)

anyone spot a trend

A trend if you making things up? Why couldn’t Neilson manage in the championship if the likes of warburton, neil and stubbs can get jobs there the latter two with no English league manager experience? All he needs is one good season and hes still in his 30s. Weird to write the guy off the way folk like you do.

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It's about the shite winning the cup, which is sad considering he was a great servant to Hearts. 

Never understood that logic. Unless Robbie was managing Rangers and Aberdeen or whoever they played after us he couldn't do a thing. And that cup defeat was not even the worst defeat to Hibs from the last couple of years.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to rub you up the wrong way.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

A trend if you making things up? Why couldn’t Neilson manage in the championship if the likes of warburton, neil and stubbs can get jobs there the latter two with no English league manager experience? All he needs is one good season and hes still in his 30s. Weird to write the guy off the way folk like you do.

at no stage have I ever written him off - that's you making things up (yet again) - I don't rate him but at no stage have I predicted he would be the next spurs manager nor sacked before Xmas at mk dons or the like

ive mostly commented on what he's actually done/doing against what experts like yourself have predicted he would be doing e.g. in premiership/championship taking mk dons up etc

im at the moment commenting on the apparent downward trend of your short to medium term expectations of Robbie prior to quite recently and before

16 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Never understood that logic. Unless Robbie was managing Rangers and Aberdeen or whoever they played after us he couldn't do a thing. And that cup defeat was not even the worst defeat to Hibs from the last couple of years.

Nah, Neilson should've been sacked the moment Hibs won the cup.  That way, Cathro could've got a full season and we could've got relegated as Hibs got promoted.

Neilson was probably responsible for Hibs getting promoted, as Stubbs left because he could do so on a high note.  

Robbie is maybe even responsible for everything that happens, he did look a bit like Jesus at times.  Think about it.  He even left so Cathro could come.  So all the other worse defeats to Hibs since are actually Neilson's fault as well.  It's like the butterfly effect.

If Butterfly Neilson hadn't flapped his Icarus wings and flown off to sunny Milton Keynes.....

12 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

at no stage have I ever written him off - that's you making things up (yet again) - I don't rate him but at no stage have I predicted he would be the next spurs manager nor sacked before Xmas at mk dons or the like

ive mostly commented on what he's actually done/doing against what experts like yourself have predicted he would be doing e.g. in premiership/championship taking mk dons up etc

im at the moment commenting on the apparent downward trend of your short to medium term expectations of Robbie prior to quite recently and before

I think he's capable of getting them to the play-offs in a tricky league and I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow if he'd gone from a manager who romped the championship and then got 3rd and probably 3rd again ended up in the English championship. But then I don't have a weird cringe thing going on where some folk have to put down great Hearts servants for no apparent reason.

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Nah, Neilson should've been sacked the moment Hibs won the cup.  That way, Cathro could've got a full season and we could've got relegated as Hibs got promoted.

Neilson was probably responsible for Hibs getting promoted, as Stubbs left because he could do so on a high note.  

Robbie is maybe even responsible for everything that happens, he did look a bit like Jesus at times.  Think about it.  He even left so Cathro could come.  So all the other worse defeats to Hibs since are actually Neilson's fault as well.  It's like the butterfly effect.

If Butterfly Neilson hadn't flapped his Icarus wings and flown off to sunny Milton Keynes.....

I think we've found our planer hirer folks!

4 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

There's always been a hard core that didn't like him as a player, didn't like hime as a manager, didn't like his dress sense etc. etc. Jealous feckwits.

:what::what::what:

Deviants.

Geoff the Mince
28 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I think he's capable of getting them to the play-offs in a tricky league and I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow if he'd gone from a manager who romped the championship and then got 3rd and probably 3rd again ended up in the English championship. But then I don't have a weird cringe thing going on where some folk have to put down great Hearts servants for no apparent reason.

No you just have an unhealthy obsession with someone who left us ages ago ,

let it go ! !

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

again it used to be x points off the play-offs, in the mix for y and z etc

now it's still no sacked

It’s a thread that was started four months ago about him being close to getting sacked... 

:rofl:

17 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

let it go ! !

I didn't start the thread. Just responded and respond to responses. I think the obsession lies elsewhere. It's totally normal to follow an ex player and managers career and hope they do well. CP being the latest. There are numerous threads every season about ex players. What's weird is the folk actively wanting a good ex Hearts player and manager to fail, even though him succeeding will show the club in a. good light. As I say it's weird.

But then we've never seen anything like that plane display before, so Neilson did something to someone and there's a pack of hangers on who seem to want him to fail.

21 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

let it go ! !

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

They were bitching about Robbie even before Hibs won the cup.

Don't ask me why but some people had it in for him as a player as well.

I've never understood it myself. As a player he was reliable if unspectacular. 

Not every player has to be a big star.

What will happen first?

1) Rangers bring in McInnes

2) MK Dons sack Neilson

3) Hearts sack Levein

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

What will happen first?

1) Rangers bring in McInnes

2) MK Dons sack Neilson

3) Hearts sack Levein

That's my accumulator sorted, Mothy.

All to happen before the end of December, that'll pay the Xmas credit card blll.

: insert Phree money gif :

:cheers:

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

They were bitching about Robbie even before Hibs won the cup.

Don't ask me why but some people had it in for him as a player as well.

I've never understood it myself. As a player he was reliable if unspectacular. 

Not every player has to be a big star.

He was spectacular in Basle and the cup final v Gretna.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

That's my accumulator sorted, Mothy.

All to happen before the end of December, that'll pay the Xmas credit card blll.

: insert Phree money gif :

:cheers:

:lol:

21 minutes ago, Independence said:

He was spectacular in Basle and the cup final v Gretna.

Only player to make me fall over 5 rows of seating after his  winner in Basle 

William H. Bonney
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Only player to make me fall over 5 rows of seating after his  winner in Basle 

Robbos equaliser against rangers at parkhead 96 produced a similar outcome. 

so  i went and had a look at the MK Dons forums to see whats been happening. haven't kept up to speed with how Robbie has been getting on, it looks as if its been an inconsistent season for them.

what i found more interesting though is his time at MK Dons has some similarities to his time here, split fans opinion with some fans demanding he leave including an online petition, and even a falling out with the club captain who had been frozen out and is training with the old manager at Charlton 

15 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I don’t know anyone who likes the grassmarket vagrant look tbh. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d be happy if he leaves and don’t particularly wish him well anymore. He took Sow who would otherwise have come back to hearts, and now by the sounds of it he is trying to get another target of ours McGinn - had nothing against him as our manager, he generally met expectations results wise, but just **** off now with hijacking of Hearts transfers

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’d be happy if he leaves and don’t particularly wish him well anymore. He took Sow who would otherwise have come back to hearts, and now by the sounds of it he is trying to get another target of ours McGinn - had nothing against him as our manager, he generally met expectations results wise, but just **** off now with hijacking of Hearts transfers

**** me big bad Robbie :rofl:

ROBBIE NEILSON IS A JOBBY

IS A JOBBY.

IS A JOBBY.

IS A JOBBY

A_A wehatethehibs
43 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

**** me big bad Robbie :rofl:

Just prickish behaviour to come in for every decent striker your former club is trying to sign. 

:seething:

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sow has been constantly injured for them, great player but only sees about 30% of the season.

I agree on the signings front and think that is part of the problem, English leagues are completely different to Scottish - in terms of style, quality etc.  Robbie seems to have recruited quite a few Scottish based players, Muirhead, Nesbitt, Pawlett, Sow to a certain degree.  May be mistaken but he hasn't signed a single player that  be  knows the league, should be looking for players that know the league inside out to get them up the table and back into Championship.

Regards to McGinn i don't think MK will offer enough money to tempt him away from the lure of playing top level football, trophies in Scotland.  Whether that's Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs I don't know however Milton Keynes is a dump and their fixtures are played in a soulless bowl!

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Sow has been constantly injured for them, great player but only sees about 30% of the season.

I agree on the signings front and think that is part of the problem, English leagues are completely different to Scottish - in terms of style, quality etc.  Robbie seems to have recruited quite a few Scottish based players, Muirhead, Nesbitt, Pawlett, Sow to a certain degree.  May be mistaken but he hasn't signed a single player that  be  knows the league, should be looking for players that know the league inside out to get them up the table and back into Championship.

Regards to McGinn i don't think MK will offer enough money to tempt him away from the lure of playing top level football, trophies in Scotland.  Whether that's Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs I don't know however Milton Keynes is a dump and their fixtures are played in a soulless bowl!

Let's be honest, Neilson wouldn't be able to spot a player from the top 6 EP sides.

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He's doing his job by trying to get the best players available. And let's be honest why would he care about upsetting Hearts fans. Some hired a plane and put up posters calling him a Poodle when he was comfortably heading for 3rd in our first season back in the top league. Others booed his subs when we were on course for at least 3rd again. Even more took to social media to lambast the guy who is one of the most consistent managers at picking up points that we've ever had. I'd like us to get McGinn but if Robbie gazzumps us there is a silver lining that it will upset all the right people.

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

He's doing his job by trying to get the best players available. And let's be honest why would he care about upsetting Hearts fans. Some hired a plane and put up posters calling him a Poodle when he was comfortably heading for 3rd in our first season back in the top league. Others booed his subs when we were on course for at least 3rd again. Even more took to social media to lambast the guy who is one of the most consistent managers at picking up points that we've ever had. I'd like us to get McGinn but if Robbie gazzumps us there is a silver lining that it will upset all the right people.

When he gets sacked from MK Dons where do you think he'll reserect his career ?

Raith or Morton ?

8 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

He's also just a guy trying to do his best in his job. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

When he gets sacked from MK Dons where do you think he'll reserect his career ?

Raith or Morton ?

Hopefully comes back to us, gets the dream team back together. Cl and RN. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Perhaps he'd like to take his main man Connor Sammon down there.

:kirklol:

Wouldn't be against that.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived