Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the season we won the Championship was great but I remember saying at the time that now we were back in the SPL again we should try and get a more experienced manager in. I then thought that was a bit premature and he probably deserved a crack in the top League. For me though, even in the first few games of that season I was concerned about the pace he had us playing, slow build up is fine if you're winning but to get goals we needed to up the pace of games. Thankfully we managed to get most of our points from that season in the first half or we'd have been in the bottom six. Had we played better in the second half of the season we would've been closer to Aberdeen than we eventually were. After the New Year  though, plenty times we would get in interesting positions then we'd hold the ball up looking for a pass which, by the time it happened, the opposition were back defending making it difficult to get forward and find another goal. We would find ourselves in winning positions then he'd make ridiculous substitutions, trying to hang on to what we had. Problem with that was the opposition had nothing to lose and went for it in the last 15/20 minutes of games, pressurised us but we had no out-ball outside the danger area as everyone was packing the defence so they would shower in attack after attack, it was inevitable they'd eventually find the net, the Hibs Cup tie is a perfect example. We lost far too many late goals against teams like Hamilton etc His record against the likes of St Johnstone and Hibs was shocking, between them, their results alone were something even Celtic (and Rangers to a lesser extent) would've been proud of against us. He had to go. The real problem was that when he left, the experienced manager we were needing didn't happen and Levein brought in a cheapo alternative with next to no experience. That was the time to bring experience in. We have been pretty woeful since January 2016.

On 07/12/2017 at 22:08, Des Lynam said:

You always sexualise everything. 

It's about the shite winning the cup, which is sad considering he was a great servant to Hearts. 

A great servant indeed Des. :thumb:

Just don’t get this hate.

2 hours ago, Just joe said:

Saddos , wish Robbie all the best ?

And why not Joe? :thumb:

And why not?

Robbie was good for Hearts, he could/would be good again.

Elias Henry Furst
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And why not Joe? :thumb:

And why not?

Robbie was good for Hearts, he could/would be good again.

Thankfully he’ll never get near Hearts again Morgan.

The supposedly Hearts man that laid the Scottish on a plate for them?

Him that is now still revered?

Jesus.

What a soft touch we are.

4 hours ago, JKBMod 6 said:

No more spam on this thread please.

Is the thread itself not “spam”?

Just now, Elias Henry Furst said:

Thankfully he’ll never get near Hearts again Morgan.

The supposedly Hearts man that laid the Scottish on a plate for them?

Him that is now still revered?

Jesus.

What a soft touch we are.

He didnae really ‘lay it on a plate for them’ though.

Ok, we were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go and no way should we have lost that lead and should not have surrendered so weakly at Fester in the replay but, it’s really not his fault that David feckin Gray scored that late goal. It really isn’t all Robbies’ fault.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, JKBMod 6 said:

No more spam on this thread please.

Tbf, Spam would improve this thread X10.

?

Captain Canada

Great servant as a player with a brilliant attitude. Did very well as a rookie manager - of course he made mistakes, but so does every manager, especially when they're learning the ropes. 

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

For me, the season we won the Championship was great but I remember saying at the time that now we were back in the SPL again we should try and get a more experienced manager in. I then thought that was a bit premature and he probably deserved a crack in the top League. For me though, even in the first few games of that season I was concerned about the pace he had us playing, slow build up is fine if you're winning but to get goals we needed to up the pace of games. Thankfully we managed to get most of our points from that season in the first half or we'd have been in the bottom six. Had we played better in the second half of the season we would've been closer to Aberdeen than we eventually were. After the New Year  though, plenty times we would get in interesting positions then we'd hold the ball up looking for a pass which, by the time it happened, the opposition were back defending making it difficult to get forward and find another goal. We would find ourselves in winning positions then he'd make ridiculous substitutions, trying to hang on to what we had. Problem with that was the opposition had nothing to lose and went for it in the last 15/20 minutes of games, pressurised us but we had no out-ball outside the danger area as everyone was packing the defence so they would shower in attack after attack, it was inevitable they'd eventually find the net, the Hibs Cup tie is a perfect example. We lost far too many late goals against teams like Hamilton etc His record against the likes of St Johnstone and Hibs was shocking, between them, their results alone were something even Celtic (and Rangers to a lesser extent) would've been proud of against us. He had to go. The real problem was that when he left, the experienced manager we were needing didn't happen and Levein brought in a cheapo alternative with next to no experience. That was the time to bring experience in. We have been pretty woeful since January 2016.

As long as CL is there no manager will be brought in experienced or otherwise, after listening to CL on tv last night it is clear his disastrous big plan is very much still up and running, despite having to part with his brilliant understudy, Cathro. It was embarrassing listening to him talking about our good stats and data results, as if he is educating the rest of Scottish football. The stats that should interest him are available at all times free of charge, with no need for our expensive new performance school, it is called the league table. We have a big wage bill, yet a squad with little or no value and no potential to improve. AB needs to examine the under-performances of her coaching, recruitment and management staff. We will need yet another influx of players in January, we should though be talking about climbing the league and not warding off the threat of relegation. PS. I like the way Neil Mc Cann has his Dundee team playing, despite last night's result, after a short time in charge and with limited resources. I wonder what Dundee's management /coaching budget is compared to Hearts.

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

He didnae really ‘lay it on a plate for them’ though.

Ok, we were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go and no way should we have lost that lead and should not have surrendered so weakly at Fester in the replay but, it’s really not his fault that David feckin Gray scored that late goal. It really isn’t all Robbies’ fault.

Also not his fault that the players did the opposite of what he asked in the second half against hibs and that we had a makeshift team on the park by the final whistle

A_A wehatethehibs
12 hours ago, socrates82 said:

He's doing his job by trying to get the best players available. And let's be honest why would he care about upsetting Hearts fans. Some hired a plane and put up posters calling him a Poodle when he was comfortably heading for 3rd in our first season back in the top league. Others booed his subs when we were on course for at least 3rd again. Even more took to social media to lambast the guy who is one of the most consistent managers at picking up points that we've ever had. I'd like us to get McGinn but if Robbie gazzumps us there is a silver lining that it will upset all the right people.

Maybe you should go and support mk dons then as you are more than happy for them to hijack much needed signings, acting directly against the interest of our club. There is no silver lining when Hearts lose out. Unless you’re not a Hearts fan.

and by the way, I never wanted him to leave, I liked him as our manager as did the majority. But now that’s gone cold and he wouldn’t just piss off “all the wron people” if he took mcginn he would piss off the entire club, apart from you apparently.

3 hours ago, hhjambo said:

Also not his fault that the players did the opposite of what he asked in the second half against hibs and that we had a makeshift team on the park by the final whistle

Hmmm. We shut up shop entirely in the 2nd half, which wasn’t an unusual Neilson tactic if we were ahead in games, so I don’t think you can just blame the players.

We did have injuries in the game, but so did hubz, they coped with it though.

Bottom line, the manager needs to take his share of the blame.

4 hours ago, hhjambo said:

or that Bartley went over the ball on Djoum at the start of the 2nd half and we effectively finished with 9 fit player due to getting kicked off the park 

Chucked away a lead late on today. Could have been a massive 3 points but as it is they are only 8 points off the bottom of the league and potentially 6 if Bury win their game in hand.

I said he'd be gone by the New Year and I stick by that. Poor manager who will end up pissing about in the championship in Scotland. 

According to the MK Dons forum there was a bad atmosphere at the end of the game.

Thought it looked a decent point tbh 

Given their opponents today were second in the league it doesn’t seem

a bad point but who knows.

my one neilson moan was that he played free flowing attacking football in the championship then got rid of that style as his time went on.

And he is (alongside Cowie) our calendar 2017 mr December ?

On 2017-12-08 at 12:04, Geoff the Mince said:

When he gets sacked from MK Dons where do you think he'll reserect his career ?

Raith or Morton ?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Dundee Utd eventually if he comes back up here anytime soon. Given our current manager got back in the game by managing Raith for a bit and then did a great job at D Utd and went on to manage Scotland and us again I'm not sure that's the insult you think it is.

Elias Henry Furst

Hopefully he’ll be on the dole soon enough.

The man guilty of changing the Edinburgh footballing landscape forever.

He deserves nothing from our support.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Beats said:

Chucked away a lead late on today. Could have been a massive 3 points but as it is they are only 8 points off the bottom of the league and potentially 6 if Bury win their game in hand.

I said he'd be gone by the New Year and I stick by that. Poor manager who will end up pissing about in the championship in Scotland. 

Owned Derek McInnes after a shaky start

:pleasing:

8 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Indeed he did. Played a major part in cementing our dominance over Hibs. Part of the team that hammered Hibs on the way to another cup win in 2006, one that he sealed with one tackle and a penalty, as well as doling out several more hammering. Also scored the goal that gave us our last great European run - one Hibs have not even got close to emulating in modern times. And has any other Hearts manager condemned Hibs to another two seasons in the lower leagues?

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Wow. 

The second point isn't true and makes you sound like a simpleton. 

You lack real class with your third point. Like it or not had Robbie not made that challenge against Gretna the humiliation would have been unbearable. 

Can't you just enjoy the fact we got so much fun from the fact the shite hadn't won the cup. Plus we all know if they'd had anything about them they would have ended the hoodoo in 2012. 

Elias Henry Furst

Deal with it boys.

He knew the score and bailed to the first tinpot outfit that came calling.

Forever known amongst the Hearts support as the man that allowed Hibs to win the cup.

Sair yin.

11 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Deal with it boys.

Forever known amongst the Hearts support as the man that allowed Hibs to win the cup.

Sair yin.

Even after such a powerful argument you can't change my mind. 

16 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Deal with it boys.

Sair yin.

Robbie Neilson's nickname is Mark Warburton? Learn something new every day.

1 hour ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Deal with it boys.

Sair yin.

Not having it EHF, sorry.

He did NOT allow Hibs to win the cup, the results at Tynie and Fester certainly didn’t  help but, they had other games to win before their Grail. 

Rangers losing to a last minute David Gray goal gave Hibs the cup, not Robbie Neilson :thumbsup:

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Not having it EHF, sorry.

He did NOT allow Hibs to win the cup, the results at Tynie and Fester certainly didn’t  help but, they had other games to win before their Grail. 

Rangers losing to a last minute David Gray goal gave Hibs the cup, not Robbie Neilson :thumbsup:

You’re a good guy Morgan.

Incorrect on this occasion but a good guy.

Robbie Neilson has one hand on their cup.

1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

You’re a good guy Morgan.

Incorrect on this occasion but a good guy.

Robbie Neilson has one hand on their cup.

Very much appreciate your comment Elias :thumb:

Yes indeed, ‘one hand on their cup’ will do me tonight.

FTH.

Robbie will be pulling his hair out.  Equalizing but then conceding straight away.  Plenty football to play though.  Reckon he needs a win here.

Geoff the Mince

He needs a win as they're going to be pulled into a relegation battle ,

Checking the table they are already in one .

Bridge of Djoum
On 12/7/2017 at 12:34, Big Slim Stylee said:

There's always been a hard core that didn't like him as a player, didn't like hime as a manager, didn't like his dress sense etc. etc. Jealous feckwits.

The bandits on here having a go at his hair/dress sense are about as juvenile as it gets.

I didn't like Robbie as a player, but in hindsight I respect his industry. I liked him as a manager, albeit he wasn't spectacular.

''Aye but what about his claes''? 

Aye, **** off.

37 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

He needs a win as they're going to be pulled into a relegation battle ,

Checking the table they are already in one .

Will Neilson have enough time for a relegation battle?  :rofl:

Geoff the Mince
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Will Neilson have enough time for a relegation battle?  :rofl:

?

And now the end is near...

He must be looking at the bullet now. The guys murder, another loss today. Time to put the MK Dons fans out their misery.

3 minutes ago, Beats said:

And now the end is near...

He must be looking at the bullet now. The guys murder, another loss today. Time to put the MK Dons fans out their misery.

My prediction of the Pilgrims finishing above one of the League’s pre season favourites is now looking right good. 

The Swansea board will be hoping for another couple of duff results so they can pick him up for nowt. Zidane also looking shaky at Madrid so it’ll be no surprise to see him end up there either. 

The fan club will be struggling with daft laughing emojis the night.... 

Unless they actually stay in the relegation zone for large parts of the season, don't think he would get the sack. Chairman was very vocal about giving him time, long term project, last manager lasted 6 years etc. 

2 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

My prediction of the Pilgrims finishing above one of the League’s pre season favourites is now looking right good. 

The Swansea board will be hoping for another couple of duff results so they can pick him up for nowt. Zidane also looking shaky at Madrid so it’ll be no surprise to see him end up there either. 

The fan club will be struggling with daft laughing emojis the night.... 

Lol. He was apparently going to get a job in the Championship.....mibee they meant the Scottish Championship!!

MK v Plymouth on Boxing Day. Question is will he be in charge?!!

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. He was apparently going to get a job in the Championship.....mibee they meant the Scottish Championship!!

MK v Plymouth on Boxing Day. Question is will he be in charge?!!

Can’t see him surviving a trousering from one of the promoted sides from League 2 last season. Be nuts to let him sign more huddies in January. 

On 8 December 2017 at 21:17, Just joe said:

Saddos , wish Robbie all the best ?

Can't understand Hearts fans constant negativity towards our own.  I am with you Just Joe.

4 minutes ago, Walks2 said:

Can't understand Hearts fans constant negativity towards our own.  I am with you Just Joe.

Not much positive to be fair to be said about Robbie and MK Dons.

Never realised they lost - last I checked they were one up early doors.    Just checked the MK Dons forum, and appreciate they have just been beaten and emotions are still raw but they are talking about being right in the mix for a relegation battle.

Tough times for Robbie - seems things are getting away from him a wee bit.

3 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Not much positive to be fair to be said about Robbie and MK Dons.

Never realised they lost - last I checked they were one up early doors.    Just checked the MK Dons forum, and appreciate they have just been beaten and emotions are still raw but they are talking about being right in the mix for a relegation battle.

Tough times for Robbie - seems things are getting away from him a wee bit.

Good post.

The guy is struggling and lets me honest he's a horrendous manager. He will be up here on Radio Scotland covering games when Derek Ferguson can't  before we know it. 

Hope you're well mate. 

Just now, Beats said:

Good post.

The guy is struggling and lets me honest he's a horrendous manager. He will be up here on Radio Scotland covering games when Derek Ferguson can't  before we know it. 

Hope you're well mate. 

Insomniacs will be tuning in in their droves to listen to mr monotone 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived