Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Elias Henry Furst

Their chairman was loyal to their last manager and I remember RN stating he was a reason for joining them.

Thst said, from the outside looking in their appears to have been little improvement made under him and he’ll be under pressure to get them moving up the table.

If nothing improves in January his tea could be oot!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Beats said:

Good post.

The guy is struggling and lets me honest he's a horrendous manager. He will be up here on Radio Scotland covering games when Derek Ferguson can't  before we know it. 

Hope you're well mate. 

I'm well thanks, Beats - looking forward to a bit of time off over the festive period and getting the win on Wednesday.

All the best to you and the family.

1 minute ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

I'm well thanks, Beats - looking forward to a bit of time off over the festive period and getting the win on Wednesday.

All the best to you and the family.

I think a win on Wednesday would be the best present we could all hope for.

Glad you are well. I have a lovely few weeks off as well.

Hope you and the family have a lovely time. 

Cheers

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Sounds the same as it was heading with us for periods before he left - no identity, no joined up thinking, just slogging from game to game making three or four changes to combat what he thinks the opposition will do. Far too often on the back foot and far too often chucking away points because of it. 

33 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Not much positive to be fair to be said about Robbie and MK Dons.

Never realised they lost - last I checked they were one up early doors.    Just checked the MK Dons forum, and appreciate they have just been beaten and emotions are still raw but they are talking about being right in the mix for a relegation battle.

Tough times for Robbie - seems things are getting away from him a wee bit.

The point I was trying to make was that Hearts fans seem to be enjoying the fact he might fail and seem to get a warm feeling from this.  Only my opinion but I think some folk on here have a short memory and are just waiting on the next bad result so they can sprout negative garbage about a great servant to our club as both a player and a manager.  I find it sad and repulsive.  But what the hell do I know.

1 minute ago, Walks2 said:

The point I was trying to make was that Hearts fans seem to be enjoying the fact he might fail and seem to get a warm feeling from this.  Only my opinion but I think some folk on here have a short memory and are just waiting on the next bad result so they can sprout negative garbage about a great servant to our club as both a player and a manager.  I find it sad and repulsive.  But what the hell do I know.

Repulsive. :lol: 

i dind the likes of Fred and Rose West repulsive. A thread on a football forum about Neilson not so. 

3 minutes ago, Walks2 said:

Fair enough Walks - it would be sad if folk done that I agree.   He is giving folk plenty bullets though unfortunately with the results he is having.

I think this thread has grown arms and legs and most of us want him to do well - I actually thought they won today and never realised it was a defeat when I opened it!

3 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Repulsive. :lol: 

i dind the likes of Fred and Rose West repulsive. A thread on a football forum about Neilson not so. 

Oki doki.  Have a very hateful Christmas.

8 minutes ago, Walks2 said:

Merry Christmas Walks2.

Why walks2?

Just now, Beats said:

There is only one Walks and that is you my friend. 

Your positivity is overwhelming.  Lol.  Have a great Christmas.

9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Folk actually read the MK Dons fans forum? :lol:

Just had a wee browse - its like going back in a time machine circa 2006 for the quality of it :lol:

Was hoping they were saying the football is good and you can tell the turning point is just around the corner but sadly it seems most of them want him out before it gets any worse.   Like I said earlier though, fans are always raw after a defeat but this seems a bit more deeper rooted.

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

Big Osman must be thinking what the **** have I done. 

2 goals in 10 appearances 

1 minute ago, Walks2 said:

2 goals in 10 appearances 

Think he's been struggling with fitness.

I think he is a better player than a team struggling to avoid relegation in league 1.

Geoff the Mince

I wonder if Phoodle has been on the blower  to Levein ?

There might be a place for him at Riccarton ,

Maybe get a gig as a Security Guard !

The lack of respect shown to a guy who spent most of his professional life contributing to the Hearts cause and never knowingly did us wrong is brutal, some people really show themselves up on this subject.

11 minutes ago, Beats said:

Think he's been struggling with fitness.

I think he is a better player than a team struggling to avoid relegation in league 1.

Agreed.   Much better played than that.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie

25 pages in and still in a job

:rofl:

Glad to see we have moved on from slating current managers to old ones

Captain Canada

I wanted him to do well down in England but I know they were looking to get promoted before the season started and are now closer to the relegation places. 

They're not a club that changes manager often, so hopefully they'll give him another transfer window to put things right. I felt at the time he probably left too early as he didn't have a huge amount of experience as a manager. 

If you look at how we've done since he left, it's quite incredible that people have such a poor opinion of him and want him to fail. 

He gave his all as a player and manager for us over a long period and won silverware in both roles. 

1 hour ago, StanLaurel said:

I wanted him to do well down in England but I know they were looking to get promoted before the season started and are now closer to the relegation places. 

They're not a club that changes manager often, so hopefully they'll give him another transfer window to put things right. I felt at the time he probably left too early as he didn't have a huge amount of experience as a manager. 

If you look at how we've done since he left, it's quite incredible that people have such a poor opinion of him and want him to fail. 

He gave his all as a player and manager for us over a long period and won silverware in both roles. 

Indeed, and for a bit of context here's a list of men who have better records winning silverware as player and manager for Hearts in the last half century;

Rudi Skacel

End list.

Robbie-Neilson.jpgJS62587854.jpg

56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What an obscenely despicable thread. Utter lowlifes hating on Robbie Nelson. Bunch of *****.

The fan club are losing their shit the night likes. :lol::lol::lol: 

Repulsive, and now not just despicable, obscenely despicable!! :lol: 

1 minute ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Nope, just standing up for a man who, alongside Rudi, has won more trophies for Hearts than anyone else in living memory.

Just showing a bit of respect to a huge contributor to our club.

6 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Repulsive, and now not just despicable, obscenely despicable!! :lol: 

Fanboy, no, just not a fudboy.

Your supposedly in the good seats? I'll tell you whit, when I get to my seat on Wednesday, I'll post and you can put your arm up. Then I'll come over and boot you right in the baws.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Your supposedly in the good seats? I'll tell you whit, when I get to my seat on Wednesday, I'll post and you can put your arm up. Then I'll come over and boot you right in the baws.

What an obscenely despicable thing to say. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Just had a wee browse - its like going back in a time machine circa 2006 for the quality of it :lol:

Was hoping they were saying the football is good and you can tell the turning point is just around the corner but sadly it seems most of them want him out before it gets any worse.   Like I said earlier though, fans are always raw after a defeat but this seems a bit more deeper rooted.

They're definitely no happy! Once the fans start getting on your back it's hard to see how he will last.

3 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

What an obscenely despicable thing to say. :lol: 

Well I'm feeling a bit daffy duck.

Lol. Neilson being found out to be the utterly mediocre coach that he is. The least surprising revelation of 2017. I wish no ill will on the man himself, he’ll get a job back up here for a much smaller club than Hearts quickly enough but it’s delightful to see those who bigged him up as some sort of footballing savant looking like the utter muppets they are. 

Just now, Hendricks said:

Lol. Neilson being found out t be the utterly mediocre coach that he is. The least surprising revelation of 2017. I wish no ill will on the man himself, he’ll get a job back up here for a much smaller club than Hearts quickly enough but it’s delightful to see those who bigged him up as some sort of footballing savant looking like the utter muppets they are. 

Here, you’ll be getting asked to put your hand up to get a webbed foot in the baws from Daffy Duck :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. Neilson being found out to be the utterly mediocre coach that he is. The least surprising revelation of 2017. I wish no ill will on the man himself, he’ll get a job back up here for a much smaller club than Hearts quickly enough but it’s delightful to see those who bigged him up as some sort of footballing savant looking like the utter muppets they are. 

A bit early in his career to write off conversely 

43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope, just standing up for a man who, alongside Rudi, has won more trophies for Hearts than anyone else in living memory.

Just showing a bit of respect to a huge contributor to our club.

This.

Bridge of Djoum
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't rise to him, mate. I do hope he puts his hand up though.

I will always be grateful to Robbie for his outstanding service as a Hearts employee but I seriously don't give a shit as to how well or otherwise he does as MK Dons manager. 

Time to move on and let go arguments about what might or might not have happened if Robbie had stayed. 

A Hearts player and then manager who would never knowingly do the club wrong (which he didn’t) getting a hard time for appearing to fail in his new job. Too much.

Who scored the third Hibs goal in the 2016 Cup Final?  Mr Neilson or, if memory serves, David Gray.

Aye, Robbie won the cup for Hibs right enough.

We shouldn’t have lost a 2-0 lead with nine minutes to go at Tynie and he was partially to do with that but he hardly handed the vermin the cup ‘on a plate’.

Pure vendetta thread this.

Really sad to see some on here getting their jollies from seeing RN struggle, I genuinely want all Scottish coaches to do well South.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

A Hearts player and then manager who would never knowingly do the club wrong (which he didn’t) getting a hard time for appearing to fail in his new job. Too much.

Who scored the third Hibs goal in the 2016 Cup Final?  Mr Neilson or, if memory serves, David Gray.

Aye, Robbie won the cup for Hibs right enough.

We shouldn’t have lost a 2-0 lead with nine minutes to go at Tynie and he was partially to do with that but he hardly handed the vermin the cup ‘on a plate’.

Pure vendetta thread this.

Mon the Morgs

Bridge of Djoum

I see Zidane made history today by becoming the 1st Real Madrid manager to lose consecutive home games V Barca.

That'll be ZZ a shite manager

Only good enough for Liga Adelante

Handed Barca the league

Complicit in Barca being ''miles ahead''

''Real legend, aye''?

Shite dress sense

Tramp

And that hairdo......

2 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Mon the Morgs

OK Mars?

Not my sort of thread (I’m not clever enough) but, since it’s almost Christmas Eve, I thought I’d throw in my centimes worth.

Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I see Zidane made history today by becoming the 1st Real Madrid manager to lose consecutive games V Barca.

Handed Barca the league

''Real legend, aye''?

Shite dress sense

Tramp

And that hairdo......

Zhinedine Zhidane

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Zhinedine Zhidane

Aye there will be planes galore over Madrid next home game.

1 minute ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I see Zidane made history today by becoming the 1st Real Madrid manager to lose consecutive games V Barca.

Handed Barca the league

''Real legend, aye''?

Shite dress sense

Tramp

And that hairdo......

:lol: Top point NWMoT.

ZZ has more class in one fingernail than most folk will ever have in their life.

My favourite player of all time.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived