Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Frog Keeper we are speaking too, was he at Palace the same time as Freedman?

If he was, that would suggest to me its Freedman

He was at Palace but not sure if it was the same time as Freedman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9dric_Carrasso

Just had a look at Freedman's Wiki page and he was there from 2000 - 2008 so the answer is yes.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RustyRightPeg

You're standing by Pressley yeh ?

Nope.

I've never been in favour of him. My money is on Freedman.

You would think if Davies was getting it he would be watching Motherwell yesterday instead of Celtic and Kilmarnock who we have played already

Expecting Freedman to be announced

Independence

Same here.

If that is the best of the many applications then it's a meh from me, give them a chance yes but not an appointment from those 5 will have anyone excited.

This comment sums up KB! Who would make you excited that's available and within Hearts budget. Serious question or was your comment set out to troll?

Freedman probably has better credentials from his time down south than McInnes

I think he agrees with and accepts what we are doing as a club/ system/ set-up

He seems the most appropriate choice from the known applicants that we could expect to appoint.

This comment sums up KB! Who would make you excited that's available and within Hearts budget. Serious question or was your comment set out to troll?

It's a set up for him saying that our list was limited because better managers wouldn't work for / with levein.

Cellophane

Freedman probably has better credentials from his time down south than McInnes

I think he agrees with and accepts what we are doing as a club/ system/ set-up

He seems the most appropriate choice from the known applicants that we could expect to appoint.

More a general point rather than just about Freedman: Its pretty easy to "accept what we are doing as a club/ system/ set-up"  when you are unemployed and desperate to get back in the game.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

More a general point rather than just about Freedman: Its pretty easy to "accept what we are doing as a club/ system/ set-up"  when you are unemployed and desperate to get back in the game.

Not necessarily. There are still British managers who won't work under a DoF and I bet there are guys who can't be bothered with all the other stuff we want a head coach to do - developing coaching programmes, involving young players etc.

Announcement coming on Tuesday. Confirmed.

Why the bloody delay if they know the answer?

Assuming they do of course.

Maybe the decision is getting made tomorrow. Who knows?

More a general point rather than just about Freedman: Its pretty easy to "accept what we are doing as a club/ system/ set-up" when you are unemployed and desperate to get back in the game.

True

He's worked with a DOF before and he's brought through youth before

So substance behind the words.

Not necessarily. There are still British managers who won't work under a DoF and I bet there are guys who can't be bothered with all the other stuff we want a head coach to do - developing coaching programmes, involving young players etc.

Which Freedman has done

Why the bloody delay if they know the answer?

Assuming they do of course.

Maybe the decision is getting made tomorrow. Who knows?

Unfortunately finalising details can take a day or so at the least

If it's agreed in principle, perhaps the new man has asked for a couple of days to decide for sure. Perhaps the club suggested so.

Whatever the case.. Monday, Tuesday, it matters very little.

He was at Palace but not sure if it was the same time as Freedman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9dric_Carrasso

Just had a look at Freedman's Wiki page and he was there from 2000 - 2008 so the answer is yes.

Inspector Clouseau, is that you?!

That all fits, and seems to point to Freedman for sure.

I for one would be excited by this appointment!

The Internet

Is Budge back from her jolly yet?

She was at Tynie on Thursday if that answers your question.

Just posted this on another thread but does anyone know why i cant post on a locked thread?? Sorry for being a pest, any replies that am a hobo will be treated wi the comptemt they deserve

True

He's worked with a DOF before and he's brought through youth before

So substance behind the words.

Yes, he referred to this when he was interviewed on Sportsound, the fact that a DoF set-up is well accepted in England these days, so wouldn't be an issue for him at all.  It's only in Scotland that some folks still don't seem to understand the role.

Just posted this on another thread but does anyone know why i cant post on a locked thread?? Sorry for being a pest, any replies that am a hobo will be treated wi the comptemt they deserve

What is it about 'locked thread' that you are struggling to understand?

Bloody Hobo  ;)

Still unsure of these 2 high profile names that Sportsound mentioned and also unsure what other candidates folk think we could have had that were inspiring in comparison to Freedman and Davies.

Bloody Hobo   ;)

Why its locked??? And why cant i post on it???

Pants Shaton

Serious question - which managers should have been on this list and aren't?

Once you take away the fantasy stuff that was never on the cards.

William H. Bonney

You can't post on it because it's locked and it's locked because someone obviously was naughty.

Big Slim Stylee

Bloody Hobo   ;)

What a complete thicky! :)

August Landmesser

You can't post because it's locked - no-one can post. And it's locked because the mods have locked it - probably the thread is no longer relevant, or it's gone waaaaaaay off-topic, or has descended into personal arguments and name-calling.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Freedman now gone odds on with sky bet 8/11

Little wonder after Sky Bet reps telling us to lump on last night

:gok:

It's locked because it has descended into a pointless tit for tat argument between a couple of posters and the mods have finally run out of patience, and that's why you can't post on it, because it's locked.  It happens from time to time, usually for similar reasons, or sometimes if the discussion starts to become inappropriate / potentially actionable.

If you feel you have a valid comment to make on the topic, you can probably find another thread to get your point across, or start a new one.

Edit - I assume you were referring to the 'we are relegation material' thread, which I can see has been locked, and not before time!

That's strange, it's not locked for me..

If it's agreed in principle, perhaps the new man has asked for a couple of days to decide for sure. Perhaps the club suggested so.

Whatever the case.. Monday, Tuesday, it matters very little.

Maybe his wife's looking for a house. Or just enjoying the fringe.

Big Slim Stylee

It's locked because it has descended into a pointless tit for tat argument between a couple of posters and the mods have finally run out of patience, and that's why you can't post on it, because it's locked.  It happens from time to time, usually for similar reasons, or sometimes if the discussion starts to become inappropriate / potentially actionable.

If you feel you have a valid comment to make on the topic, you can probably find another thread to get your point across, or start a new one.

Edit - I assume you were referring to the 'we are relegation material' thread, which I can see has been locked, and not before time!

Very decent of you to go to all that trouble of explaining it to the utter simpleton.

Nucky Thompson

Heard last week from a football source with connections to Nottingham Forest that it was Freedman.

Have to say, find the names on the list to be pretty uninspiring.

See here's the big problem for me. Because Celtic are so strong and that looks like being the case for the next 4-5 years at least, the ceiling on what Hearts can reasonably achieve is 2nd place, a cup, and at the very top of the possibilities would be entry to the Europa cup group stages.

Do we need a Steve McLaren for that ? Are we a few players and a decent manager away from challenging for the league ? Well, No we're not, we're nowhere close, probably further away from it than we've been for 10-15 years.

I'd suggest a Freedman or a Davies in place for 2-3 years, left alone and properly financed to build a team, could get us to second. They COULD win a cup. If absolutely everything clicks into place the COULD get to the group stage of the Europa League eventually. 

Now take a look at that and tell me a McClaren or an O'Neil or anyone in that class could conceivably do better than that ?

See here's the big problem for me. Because Celtic are so strong and that looks like being the case for the next 4-5 years at least, the ceiling on what Hearts can reasonably achieve is 2nd place, a cup, and at the very top of the possibilities would be entry to the Europa cup group stages.

Do we need a Steve McLaren for that ? Are we a few players and a decent manager away from challenging for the league ? Well, No we're not, we're nowhere close, probably further away from it than we've been for 10-15 years.

I'd suggest a Freedman or a Davies in place for 2-3 years, left alone and properly financed to build a team, could get us to second. They COULD win a cup. If absolutely everything clicks into place the COULD get to the group stage of the Europa League eventually.

Now take a look at that and tell me a McClaren or an O'Neil or anyone in that class could conceivably do better than that ?

You could look at it like that, or you could recognise that we we were extremely unlikely to win the league anyway, but now we have a better chance of grabbing second place. One horse race/two horse race, doesn't really matter, if you aren't on a horse.

Bridge of Djoum

The Frog Keeper we are speaking too, was he at Palace the same time as Freedman?

If he was, that would suggest to me its Freedman

By frog, you mean French?

Didn't have you down as infantile. 

Bazzas right boot

By frog, you mean French?

Didn't have you down as infantile.

Better with a cat in goals, anyway.

Bridge of Djoum

Better with a cat in goals, anyway.

Cedric the cat has a ring to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with most of this.

Other than Rodgers will move sooner rather than later.

That won't make Celtic poor but they'll do well to get a manager as good as him again.

Anyway I'd be delighted with Freedman and I can't really see how much higher a level of manager we could have hoped for in our circs.

Bridge of Djoum

Pardon

My post really does not require explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived