Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

i wish jj was my dad

Serious question - which managers should have been on this list and aren't?

Once you take away the fantasy stuff that was never on the cards.

No point in asking folk who expect the club to push the boat out and blow our budget to be realistic.

Unlike the huns though our board aren't shysters

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Bapswent

The Frog Keeper we are speaking too, was he at Palace the same time as Freedman?

If he was, that would suggest to me its Freedman

How unnecessarily pathetic.

Just posted this on another thread but does anyone know why i cant post on a locked thread?? Sorry for being a pest, any replies that am a hobo will be treated wi the comptemt they deserve

You don't understand why you can't post on a 'locked thread'?

:cornette:

The Frog Keeper we are speaking too, was he at Palace the same time as Freedman?

If he was, that would suggest to me its Freedman

Frog?

:phface:

Agree with most of this.

Other than Rodgers will move sooner rather than later.

That won't make Celtic poor but they'll do well to get a manager as good as him again.

Anyway I'd be delighted with Freedman and I can't really see how much higher a level of manager we could have hoped for in our circs.

Celtic are not uncatchable due to Rodgers though. They've had managers like Lennon and Delia who strolled the league. A reasonably competent FM gamer could have won the league with Celtic last season. Unfortunately Celtic are a distance away because they keep being given many millions of pounds for qualifying for what is essentially a well funded global TV reality show. Whilst that is going on, no one is going to touch them for the title. This is 10 in a row going on 15 by the look of things.

I'd be delighted with Freedman, unreservedly. Davies I'd have some concerns with re his persona and the fact that he hasn't worked for nearly 3 years but his previous record stands up to scrutiny. Anyone else in the frame that we know about is a tepid unambitious appointment with a high degree of likelihood we'll be doing the same process again this time next year.

Another indicator that we have reached a decision perhaps ?

Hope so.

As long as it's not Preston.

Celtic are not uncatchable due to Rodgers though. They've had managers like Lennon and Delia who strolled the league. A reasonably competent FM gamer could have won the league with Celtic last season. Unfortunately Celtic are a distance away because they keep being given many millions of pounds for qualifying for what is essentially a well funded global TV reality show. Whilst that is going on, no one is going to touch them for the title. This is 10 in a row going on 15 by the look of things.

I'd be delighted with Freedman, unreservedly. Davies I'd have some concerns with re his persona and the fact that he hasn't worked for nearly 3 years but his previous record stands up to scrutiny. Anyone else in the frame that we know about is a tepid unambitious appointment with a high degree of likelihood we'll be doing the same process again this time next year.

Agreed

But, for example, that Deia team were beatable over a season had the league been stronger and had we been further ahead on our rebuilding.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cedric the cat has a ring to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partial to a bit of French pussy?

Partial to a bit of French pussy?

Who isnae?

There was this wee thing on the beach today and...

Nah, forget it.

Told yous, Monday or Tuesday Freedman. 100%.

If it's not 100%, what will you say?

If it's not 100%, what will you say?

I will vastly apologise for the information given to me. Think I've said 1 or two cast iron info since joining though and this is one of them. I 100% believe, as I said before this massive odds drop/Monday Tuesday announcement we have our new manager and formalities will be concluded in the next two days and that is Freedman.

I will vastly apologise for the information given to me. Think I've said 1 or two cast iron info since joining though and this is one of them. I 100% believe, as I said before this massive odds drop/Monday Tuesday announcement we have our new manager and formalities will be concluded in the next two days and that is Freedman.

I'll be happy if your info is right.  I've always had a feeling that, if we interviewed him, he'd come across as a very strong candidate.   

Can you advise on the alleged one or two 'unnamed' big names that didnt get the gig?

massimiliano papadopoulos?

In such a small betting market does anyone think an 'in the know' poster could potentially lead people to bet on one candidate, lowering their odds, whilst in the process lengthening the odds on the candidate they actually believe will get the gig? Before anyone says it I'm not insisuating anyone is doing this but in theory could someone manipulate the market in their favour like this?

I think it'll be Freedman too. The French keeper was at Palace on loan when he was there. Billy Davies is a stronger candidate but comes with baggage. I'd be happy with either though.

Bowmans_Boot

Fingers crossed. I really, really want Freedman.

Bowmans_Boot

Hello. I have to laugh at people on here who say that they will give the new manager a 'chance', or that they will get right behind the new man.

What a load if self important shite.

If you don't give him a chance do you think he will give a toss ?

Goodnight.

Any new manager needs the fans backing. Hence Pressley would be a disaster of an appointment.

I'll be happy if your info is right. I've always had a feeling that, if we interviewed him, he'd come across as a very strong candidate.

Me too! Delighted that Dougie is being given the chance and it's not Elvis or SPH.

Dagger Is Back

Agree with most of this.

Other than Rodgers will move sooner rather than later.

That won't make Celtic poor but they'll do well to get a manager as good as him again.

Anyway I'd be delighted with Freedman and I can't really see how much higher a level of manager we could have hoped for in our circs.

Rodgers won't move until 10 in a row is either in the bag or blown.

He's a Celtic man so will want to be the guy who delivers it

Told yous, Monday or Tuesday Freedman. 100%.

Anything in your ITK about Levein resigning ? Just something I was told a wee while ago which may or may not have any substance. Apparently unhappy about being sidelined during this recruitment process.

Bridge of Djoum

Any new manager needs the fans backing. Hence Pressley would be a disaster of an appointment.

Opinion submitted as fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything in your ITK about Levein resigning ? Just something I was told a wee while ago which may or may not have any substance. Apparently unhappy about being sidelined during this recruitment process.

Not been sidelined but it was made clear to him that the appointment was not in his gift alone. Some real guff goes about on hear about Craig Levein.

Not been sidelined but it was made clear to him that the appointment was not in his gift alone. Some real guff goes about on hear about Craig Levein.

Thankfully it is guff. I don't like the way such a great servant is so badly disrespected.

Thankfully it is guff. I don't like the way such a great servant is so badly disrespected.

Not disrespected by me. It simply appears that the Director of Football, the bloke in charge of all football operations at the club, does not have the final say and the lead role in a key football department appointment, having personally made the last 2 such appointments. Not a bit strange ?

Not disrespected by me. It simply appears that the Director of Football, the bloke in charge of all football operations at the club, does not have the final say and the lead role in a key football department appointment, having personally made the last 2 such appointments. Not a bit strange ?

He's not the CEO

CEO will always have final say on a key appointment such as this.

Not a thing strange about that at all.

Mate I'm not going to act all itk at the club, it's not me, I hear a couple things here or there. Nothing on Craig at all but Dougies happy to work under him I see no reason for him to tender his resignation. He wants Daly or Pressley though, thinks that's almost common knowledge so he may well indeed be unhappy.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm not as sure about this -- if, say, a Spurs or a Schalke or a Portugal were to come calling, I think he would leave. But either way, that's four years at most.

The appeal to a McClaren IMO would be to build the team ready to challenge as soon as Celtic inevitably slip back a peg, likely when Rodgers leaves, and then be the second manager that wasn't either at an OF club or Alex Ferguson to win the title since Sgt. Pepper's dropped. Given what he did with Twente, I could imagine him feeling that would secure his legacy as a manager who boosted second-tier teams to glory.

I'm not as sure about this -- if, say, a Spurs or a Schalke or a Portugal were to come calling, I think he would leave. But either way, that's four years at most.

The appeal to a McClaren IMO would be to build the team ready to challenge as soon as Celtic inevitably slip back a peg, likely when Rodgers leaves, and then be the second manager that wasn't either at an OF club or Alex Ferguson to win the title since Sgt. Pepper's dropped. Given what he did with Twente, I could imagine him feeling that would secure his legacy as a manager who boosted second-tier teams to glory.

Doubt he'd leave the Irish-Scottish turkey shoot for a team like Shalke.

John Findlay

I have never stood this long since I was in the Naval guard for remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph in London away back in 1986. Thank heavens I was well drilled.

The right offer in the EPL comes along - for example Arsenal and Brenda will be off.

As far as blowing 10 in a row, the only way that is likely to happen is that an Arab or Chinese billionaire comes in and decides to invest heavily in another team in Scotland or the team is wiped out in a Munich style catastrophe and they can't get over the line.

Other than either of those happening, with a continued qualification for the CL group stages and having big money assets like Tierney and Dembele on their books, no one is going to come close to landing a blow on Celtic no matter who is in charge of them they are so far ahead of everyone else financially.

I have never stood this long since I was in the Naval guard... Thank heavens I was well drilled.

I've heard about this sort of thing happening at sea.

:oohmatron:

Mate I'm not going to act all itk at the club, it's not me, I hear a couple things here or there. Nothing on Craig at all but Dougies happy to work under him I see no reason for him to tender his resignation. He wants Daly or Pressley though, thinks that's almost common knowledge so he may well indeed be unhappy.[The fact that Levein wants Pressley or Daly means, that unless he gets told NO, we will not move forward as a club with him as DOF. He wants Daly or Pressley so that he can continue to have a major input with the first team. The fact he seems to think that after a lengthy interview process, the best candidate for the job is the U20s coach with next to no first team experience, is yet another example of why we need Levein punted into an administrative only role.

jambo-rocker

I would have rathered we'd have kept looking. We have an adequate enough temporary coach in Daly to hold the fort long enough until we find the ideal replacement. I think Daly is potentially good enough to take the seat, but I'd rather not rush him in, but give him more time to learn his trade as u20s coach. Yes, you could use the Neilson only having six months as a good example, but you could argue Neilson might have been an even better head coach with another year or two at u20s.

To me, from that shortlist, Freedman seems like the only choice, but moreso the best of a bad bunch. There was reported to be 100 candidates that had applied for this job. Surely we could have done better than this shortlist? Surely we can wait a bit longer to test the waters?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mate I'm not going to act all itk at the club, it's not me, I hear a couple things here or there. Nothing on Craig at all but Dougies happy to work under him I see no reason for him to tender his resignation. He wants Daly or Pressley though, thinks that's almost common knowledge so he may well indeed be unhappy.[The fact that Levein wants Pressley or Daly means, that unless he gets told NO, we will not move forward as a club with him as DOF. He wants Daly or Pressley so that he can continue to have a major input with the first team. The fact he seems to think that after a lengthy interview process, the best candidate for the job is the U20s coach with next to no first team experience, is yet another example of why we need Levein punted into an administrative only role.

Ditto. I am keen on Levein beyond his role in first team affairs which is not healthy

Archived