Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Welcome back Elvis .......100% the right choice and forward we go

How can you possibly think Pressley is the best appointment ahead of Freedman or McLaren?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freedman hopefully

Maybe with Daly as his assistant? He hasnt done himself any harm the way he has handled himself with the media and made a difference straight away with performances. I have a sneaky suspicion they may have him as assistant to Freedman with a view to Daly being next in line after a couple years learning from Freedman. 

McPhee will continue to look at potential signings and analysis beside Levein.

This would make me a happy man.

Freedman is 100% the best man for the job, Daly as assistant shows that we are still looking ahead to the future and McPhee has a massive part to play. Fingers crossed this will happen this week.

How can you possibly think Pressley is the best appointment ahead of Freedman or McLaren?

When did I say he was the best choice ????????

Can you read ?

I said he was the RIGHT choice ....... And he is ..... Anyone else other than Pressley and we have missed a great opportunity!!!!!

And are we really still thinking McLaren is going to get the gig ......... Seriously

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can you read ?

I said he was the RIGHT choice ....... And he is ..... Anyone else other than Pressley and we have missed a great opportunity!!!!!

And are we really still thinking McLaren is going to get the gig ......... Seriously

On what basis is he the RIGHT choice precisely?

It should have been ten

Just can't see it but thats my head ruling my heart. Id rather Daly stayed on if we wanted a cheap option rather than Elvis. Really can't see it, nope, never....

Would rather have Pressley than another rookie personally

Based on absolutely no info...

McPhee to become deputy DoF

Pressley to become assistant head coach

Freedman new Head Coach

No. None of that makes any sense at all. None. What is a deputy Director of Football? Why would Pressley step down to assistant to another man?

It's going to be Freedman, I just know it. Strong character who will manage all the first team issues while CL does everything else.

I have a really good feeling about this.

Hopefully we make an announcement in the next day or so..

Surely it's not Pressley.. why appoint a guy who would get booed from sections of our support at his unveiling.. we need to all be together moving forward..

I didn't think I'd ever stop my FoH payments but if that snake Pressley gets the job then there will be a decision to be made..

weegiejambo8

Pressley captained us to the Scottish cup and served us as captain for many years.

The amount of pressure he must have been under during Romanov era would have been massive. If you can't get over a warrior / winner like pressley going to another club and trying his heart out then you need to get over yourself. A leader like pressley will be good for us.

I accept his management CV is not fantastic however the people that don't want him simply because he scored a goal against us for Celtic need to grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressley captained us to the Scottish cup and served us as captain for many years.

The amount of pressure he must have been under during Romanov era would have been massive. If you can't get over a warrior / winner like pressley going to another club and trying his heart out then you need to get over yourself. A leader like pressley will be good for us.

I accept his management CV is not fantastic however the people that don't want him simply because he scored a goal against us for Celtic need to grow up.

There's a lot of reasons I don't want Pressley as manager for Hearts.. the fact that he scored for Celtic doesn't even come into the equation..

weegiejambo8

There's a lot of reasons I don't want Pressley as manager for Hearts.. the fact that he scored for Celtic doesn't even come into the equation..

What are your reasons out of interest?

It seems to me that a lot of people are bitter about him going to Celtic still. I accept he doesn't have an amazing managerial record so far.

The fact that he is a terrible manager is the main reason..

The fact that he will instantly alienate sections of the support another..

The chest thumping in a Celtic top at the front of section N another.. (I was well within 20 metres of him as he did it and for those who say it was aimed towards Romanov you are rewriting history.. not a chance)

But as I said what in his managerial career so far has led you to believe he would be the right man for the job? Because he spoke well as captain? 

Steven presley is a no no for me. Freedman I'm not really in the know on him career wise so can't comment. Feel pressLey would have us playing crap football designed not to lose and that's not what I want to see us doing.

kingantti1874

It seems to me that a lot of people are bitter about him going to Celtic still. I accept he doesn't have an amazing managerial record so far.

No one is bitter that he went to celtic.. Plenty are bitter about his behaviour and how essily he shit on the club and the fans when he came back..

And on top of that you answered your own question.. Terrible manager

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's less than 2 years since Pressley stated he didn't want to come back to Scotland. England was the place to be.

One problem. English League 3rd and 4th tier don't need honking managers with king size ego

Freedman hopefully

Maybe with Daly as his assistant? He hasnt done himself any harm the way he has handled himself with the media and made a difference straight away with performances. I have a sneaky suspicion they may have him as assistant to Freedman with a view to Daly being next in line after a couple years learning from Freedman.

McPhee will continue to look at potential signings and analysis beside Levein.

This would make me a happy man.

Freedman is 100% the best man for the job, Daly as assistant shows that we are still looking ahead to the future and McPhee has a massive part to play. Fingers crossed this will happen this week.

Would be chuffed with this!

Jam Tarts 1874

The piece in The Hun about Davies being interviewed also says Hearts expect to announce appointment within 72 hours - so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

letsalldothebeattie

Jamie Borthwick said on Friday I think it was Budge was back holding interviews and from his understanding appointment Monday or Tuesday.

Independence

No one is bitter that he went to celtic.. Plenty are bitter about his behaviour and how essily he shit on the club and the fans when he came back..

And on top of that you answered your own question.. Terrible manager

This! Well said.

Some people need to get real. Ann will have interviewed the people she and Levein picked as candidates. Their decision won't be based on a supporters popularity poll- it'll be based on who they think can turn Hearts around.

Hope for an announcement asap but will be majorly disappointed if it is Presley would seriously bring me to question Anne Budges suitability to make important decisions on the playing side of things as his record as manager is beyond a joke and a very large percentage of the fans don't want him anywhere near our club.

It's less than 2 years since Pressley stated he didn't want to come back to Scotland. England was the place to be.

One problem. English League 3rd and 4th tier don't need honking managers with king size ego

Listening to his ego he felt he was destined for much, much greater things.  It's amazing how a spell of unemployment, and unwantedness, can refocus ambitions.  It's probably now a case of "I'll take anything that comes along" for the chest-thumping wonder boy.

Some people need to get real. Ann will have interviewed the people she and Levein picked as candidates. Their decision won't be based on a supporters popularity poll- it'll be based on who they think can turn Hearts around.

After the fans reaction to Cathro and the Board at the Dunfermline game AB will be well aware how important it is to appoint someone who will not divide the fans.

Hope for an announcement asap but will be majorly disappointed if it is Presley would seriously bring me to question Anne Budges suitability to make important decisions on the playing side of things as his record as manager is beyond a joke and a very large percentage of the fans don't want him anywhere near our club.

This sums up the Pressley candidature perfectly. Average to poor record as a manager, disliked by a significant portion of the fan base. Why would they give him the job?

I suspect Levein had a list of possibles and Budge wanted to spread the search a bit wider just to see who was out there. A possible example is Billy Davies. I doubt if she had ever met him before however his results record as a manager is excellent and probably led to an interview. Would be surprised if it went any further.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Can you read ?

Pressley is the right choice but not the best choice? That doesn't make any sense.

If not O'neill then Freedman for me ...no horrible surprises please Anne.

So your Pressley Hartley combo info was a lot of shite then.

Bazzas right boot

Based on absolutely no info...

McPhee to become deputy DoF

Pressley to become assistant head coach

Freedman new Head Coach

Nah, never happen

Now,

Mcphee to become "deputy to the dof"...

Pressley is the right choice but not the best choice? That doesn't make any sense.

Made no sense to me either.

Bazzas right boot

Shite mgt record.

Divide the fans

Not as good contacts as say Freedman .

Very simple.

Shite mgt record.

Divide the fans

Not as good contacts as say Freedman .

Very simple.

Agree with those.

Appointing Pressley would be a massive risk.

Correct.And the appointment will not be a gamble or a novice.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Can you read ?

How can he be the right choice but not the best choice?!

Bazzas right boot

Can you read ?

Jesus, so the right choice isn't the best one?

How does that work, not just in this case this but in life?

I'm intrigued

This mortgage is not the best rate, but it's the right rate for you.

Aye, ok. Sign me up.

Rudi Hates Hibees

So your Pressley Hartley combo info was a lot of shite then.

No surprise really.

Jambo 4 Ever

This

Bazzas right boot

I agree.

Aye, so let him improve Dunfermline, Raith or Killie before coming to us.

We need an experienced manager with a decent track record.

In short we need the best from who applied, that is not pressley.

If he was the best applicant, fair enough, but he's clearly not.

Never been a big fan of Derek McInnes, for no apparent reason I have to say, but watching the video of him the other day completely changed my mind about him and got me thinking how good it would be if we could get back to someone with that sort of professionalism.

Nobody actually thought they were hammering F5 on their laptops before making a decision..

We're just fans.. so we talk about it.. those in power that make the decisions make what they think will be the best for the club.. however we are able to discuss it or it would be a pretty barren place on kickback.. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I think I am in the minority but I would be happy if we got Pressley, Freedman or Davies. I can't say which one of them I'd pick without actually having met them and discussed their vision for Hearts. 

A lot of folk seem to have picked one person who is their favourite, and they think every other manager is "not a good enough record" or "not had a good enough win % at club x, y or z". Being a manager is quite a bit more complicated than stats you read on wikipedia.

I'd be happy with names we are linked with, experience under the belt and points to prove. Hearts would be a career determining job for guys like Pressley, Freedman, Hartley or Davies. That's the type of man we need, who knows how serious the job is - the Hearts job is the pinnacle, the chance of a lifetime for these guys. Having all experienced success and failure in their football careers, they could all bring something to the club. It's not an easy call by any stretch but it's crucial that Levein gets it right - the interview performance of each man will be the deciding factor not ****ing wikipedia stats. 

rudi must stay

Good post. I'm sure this place will have put them off appointing Pressley though..

Pants Shaton

Good post. I'm sure this place will have put them off appointing Pressley though..

Hopefully this place has absolutely no influence on ANYTHING the club chooses to do.

rudi must stay

Hopefully this place has absolutely no influence on ANYTHING the club chooses to do.

I think it influences too much to be honest, but that's life

Naw because we are just the peasants who pay for season tickets, FoH subs and turn out rain, hail or sun every week.

I think I am in the minority but I would be happy if we got Pressley, Freedman or Davies. I can't say which one of them I'd pick without actually having met them and discussed their vision for Hearts. 

A lot of folk seem to have picked one person who is their favourite, and they think every other manager is "not a good enough record" or "not had a good enough win % at club x, y or z". Being a manager is quite a bit more complicated than stats you read on wikipedia.

I'd be happy with names we are linked with, experience under the belt and points to prove. Hearts would be a career determining job for guys like Pressley, Freedman, Hartley or Davies. That's the type of man we need, who knows how serious the job is - the Hearts job is the pinnacle, the chance of a lifetime for these guys. Having all experienced success and failure in their football careers, they could all bring something to the club. It's not an easy call by any stretch but it's crucial that Levein gets it right - the interview performance of each man will be the deciding factor not ******* wikipedia stats. 

Not so sure about this post.. 

Before any person is picked for a new job you do your homework on them.. 

How have they performed before.. can they do it again.. what makes you believe that they can perform the job to the same standards..

As for visions.. I'm sure Cathro had visions which exceeded them all.. 

Of course it's about past stats..

Archived