Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If he was deep undercover, no one would have a clue surely !

Follow the cynical path, mate. Believe nothing !

Very true. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BobbyJenkins

Levein is fast becoming as big an obstacle to progress as both Robinson and Romanov, towards the end of their tenures.

If Levein is allowed to appoint a yes man that he can work from the back, then it really will be a massive slap in the face for the fans. It will also make the whole recruitment process a farce. Levein has presided over 2 horrendous pre-seasons, last year he admitted that the pre-euro preparations were wrong and this season it is claimed the players are not fit enough. He also oversaw some terrible signings such as Oshaniwa and Kenny Anderson, made a huge mistake in appointing Cathro and has allowed the midfield and GK problems to go unresolved. Can any of his supporters please confirm what it is he brings to the club???

Is he, says who, you? Evidence he works the managers from the back, Neilson? You have no idea what Levein does at the club so why dont you tell me what he doesnt do that is required of a director of football? Other than shite printed in newspapers and spewed from the mouths of those who hate Levein no matter what he does. Manager surely responsible for pre-seasopn and fitness?

As far as I can tell most of leveins work has been restructuring the youths etc. Neilson was a successful appointment, so hes got 50% success rate on that front.

In short, belt up.

Dallas Green

At first I wasn't keen on SP at all but if he is appointed I'd get right behind him.

Who ever is appointed I want to do well. They are gonna need the support behind them.

I'm hoping Freedman gets the job though.

His overall stats are not much different than freedman!

He knows hearts well and knows levein.

Was our best captain In recent times

A cup winner with us

Lafferty's scoring record at club level was not great either and bet you wanted him

Freedman was managing at a higher level, but he's not my choice anyway. Presley's record is terrible, both in Scotland and in England.

Not sure what relevance Lafferty has to this discussion. You do realise that his job involves so much more than just scoring, as was clearly demonstrated on Saturday.

At first I wasn't keen on SP at all but if he is appointed I'd get right behind him.

Who ever is appointed I want to do well. They are gonna need the support behind them.

I will be behind the team regardless of who is the manager, as will the vast majority of fans.

Me too.If it is Pressley so be it,he would demand  a passion and drive from the players.

Son Of Anarchy

I'm all for care in the community and carers are exceptional people doing fantastic work but no way does someone in care talking to a career constitute "speaking to a workmate" :lol:

I have heard from a fairly reliable source that freedman has it.......

Its possible there are things being finalised.

But if the players still have Mondays off then it wouldn't be announced today.

Tomorrow quite likely

Geoff Kilpatrick

Freedman was managing at a higher level, but he's not my choice anyway. Presley's record is terrible, both in Scotland and in England.

Not sure what relevance Lafferty has to this discussion. You do realise that his job involves so much more than just scoring, as was clearly demonstrated on Saturday.

Lafferty has no relevance. It is just another shit attempt at trolling.

I have heard from a fairly reliable source that freedman has it.......

This gives me hope...

Son Of Anarchy

If Levein recommends one person and Ann chooses another i'd be interested to see where that ends up...

At this point Ann wins hands down.

Is he, says who, you? Evidence he works the managers from the back, Neilson? You have no idea what Levein does at the club so why dont you tell me what he doesnt do that is required of a director of football? Other than shite printed in newspapers and spewed from the mouths of those who hate Levein no matter what he does. Manager surely responsible for pre-seasopn and fitness?

As far as I can tell most of leveins work has been restructuring the youths etc. Neilson was a successful appointment, so hes got 50% success rate on that front.

In short, belt up.

Amen!!!

If Levein recommends one person and Ann chooses another i'd be interested to see where that ends up...

Budge no longer trusts Levein to make the right decision.

Levein now being compared to Vlad.....

This place has lost it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how!!!

Levein now being compared to Vlad.....

This place has lost it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's crazy. I remember when Budge took over and brought Levein in. We suddenly had a stable structure again, and almost everyone could see the sense in it. Then, as we skooshed the Championship, Hibs supporters were desperate to try and cause some disruption to our recovery and good press, so they trotted out the "puppet" and "Dictator of football" shite. Then when the Rangers fans got all bitter about us recovering, they joined in along with the ones who had columns in newspapers.

Now however, we have a fanbase so utterly weak minded and easily led, that they merrily join in with the opposition by trying cause division at the club with 'Vlad Flu and the Fax Machine - the remix 2017 version'.

Sad what we have become.

Budge no longer trusts Levein to make the right decision.

And You would know this How? Just an Anti Levein mixer,it's an unhealthy attitude stick to glazing.

Captain America

Yes been told same

I've been told different!

I am Jon Snow, I have been told nothing. 

And You would know this How? Just an Anti Levein mixer,it's an unhealthy attitude stick to glazing.

Thomaso does like to have a pop at Mr Levein occasionally. But on this occasion it's pretty obvious he's right. Ann Budge is highly involved in the picking of our next coach and the final decision will ultimately be hers. No saying he won't have had an input but it will be nowhere near the input he had with Cathro.

I think Budge might be banking on Freedman doing a McInness - fairly ordinary results in England, but could be successful up here. Similar age with a bit of experience and can work with younger players. Would have preferred O'Neill, Wright or Sergio, but be happy to support Freedman. 

Tom English saying he thinks Freedman is a 'peculiar choice' on Twitter.

I personally think time is of the essence. One thing not mentioned in this thread is we desperately need to sign midfielders.

The longer the search for new head coach goes on the less likely that becomes. I'd hate us to go past the closing of the transfer window with that midfield...brutal.

Son Of Anarchy

Thomaso does like to have a pop at Mr Levein occasionally. But on this occasion it's pretty obvious he's right. Ann Budge is highly involved in the picking of our next coach and the final decision will ultimately be hers. No saying he won't have had an input but it will be nowhere near the input he had with Cathro.

Whilst I agree entirely CL does not have anywhere near the sane input this time, your first sentence is like saying "jih does ask the occasional question" ;)

michael_bolton

Freedman and Elvis would both be reasonable appointments.

Both have patchy records, but both have also had very useful experience. Elvis knows the club well and knows Scottish football well. He's also worked in great adversity at Coventry, where he actually did a pretty good job for a while in the circumstances. Freedman has a managerial career highlighted by two good runs, in reality. But again, his experience would probably make him a decent appointment for the club.

Either would be fine, really. There's not much to choose between them as candidates.

With McLaren taking the job in Israel, then its surely down to just Freedman

Really hope so.

I take it Preston was a red herring?

Tom English thinks everything to do with HMFC is peculiar 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Tom English thinks everything to do with HMFC is peculiar

No he thought Cathro was an astute appointment.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

He thinks Daly should get it.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Freedman appointed as Crystal Palace's sporting director

Really? Damn

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

ToadKiller Dog

If it is Elvis and he is appointed he will get my support , but anybody with sense can see it would be utter folly to appoint him .Instantly a sizable chunk will be against him and not just the wee group of numpties that wanted Nelson out .

I trust Budge is smart enough to see we need an experienced and popular appointment at this time and that ain't Elvis .

I am not one of those who see him as a snake but he clearly isn't popular and from what I have seen no great shakes as a manager .

BobbyJenkins

True enough.

Interesting....and worrying!

Bowmans_Boot

****ing hell. Welcome Pressley/Daly, exciting times ahead.

michael_bolton

If it is Elvis and he is appointed he will get my support , but anybody with sense can see it would be utter folly to appoint him .Instantly a sizable chunk will be against him and not just the wee group of numpties that wanted Nelson out .

I trust Budge is smart enough to see we need an experienced and popular appointment at this time and that ain't Elvis .

I am not one of those who see him as a snake but he clearly isn't popular and from what I have seen no great shakes as a manager .

Leadership can involve taking unpopular decisions. If the board think Elvis is the best man then they shouldn't be put off by a bunch of supporters who can't get over a split-second event that occurred over a decade ago.

Right next for the ITK'ers. Must be on to Billy Davies now ffs.

Fultons Right Leg

HEARTS Dougie Freedman is out of contention to become the new Hearts head coach after being appointed Sporting Director at Crystal Palace.

Just shows you that there are several folk on here that try to make themselves look ITK when they actually have no idea....

Jamboscanbevicius

HEARTS Dougie Freedman is out of contention to become the new Hearts head coach after being appointed Sporting Director at Crystal Palace.

FFS... this leaves us with a pretty uninspiring choice... Hartley, Pressley, or stick with Daly!

I hope Budge has something up her sleeve with someone from left field. It will be hugely disappointing if we have lost out on McClaren and Freedman because she dragged her heels last week!!!

Archived