Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Freedman tomorrow or Tuesday. Done deal.

Please make this true. All the Pressley talk is giving me the fear.

Also, all the "insider" info coming out about Pressley being a "done deal" - where is it ACTUALLY coming from?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of that list I'd prefer Freedman way above the others. I wasn't that convinced at first but having read up a bit about him and listened to the opinions of some on here, I think he'd bring a freshness to the role and seems to be a very progressive manager.

If I had to choose a second choice it would be Billy Davies, not a likeable person, but a good manager nevertheless. If he got the gig, I think he'd get results. Simple as that.

Daly would be my third choice because he seems quite a switched-on guy but I'd prefer a bit of experience this time around.

Hartley doesn't convince me at all; great player that he was.

Pressley would be my last choice. He hasn't exactly set the heather on fire in his management career so far, and of course he'd cause a lot of grumbling among our support. I'm not that bothered about the whole chest-thumping incident but let's face it, a large section of our support will never forgive him for that and it would simply cause a lot of discontent.

Totally agree. Surely the club can't be that stupid, Pressley would be a horrendous appointment.

Billy Davies is an odious soapdoging ringpiece but he's a good manager. Every team he's had in the Championship has usually got into the playoffs.

From that list, he's the most proven of them all. If he wasn't such an arsehole then his record speaks for itself and no doubt he wouldn't be out of a job.

Has to be Dougie though surely?

His ability the introduce and develop youth players into the first team and the eye for a bargain means he's got the March on the rest for me.

sick.of.romanov

Anybody saying it's definitely him or him are talking bull, there's only 2 or 3 that know who's getting it and it won't be leaked until we announce it

Ferryjambo99

Why would we choose a manager who has flopped at Coventry and Fleetwood over someone who has done well at Crystal palace and Nottingham forest

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Billy Davies is an odious soapdoging ringpiece but he's a good manager. Every team he's had in the Championship has usually got into the playoffs.

From that list, he's the most proven of them all. If he wasn't such an arsehole then his record speaks for itself and no doubt he wouldn't be out of a job.

Has to be Dougie though surely?

His ability the introduce and develop youth players into the first team and the eye for a bargain means he's got the March on the rest for me.

Yup I've little doubt that Davies would yield the best results of the candidates mentioned,but for some totally irrational reason I don't want him near the club.

It's pretty and probably ill-informes but he just doesn't come across as a relatable character.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

I don't get the seethe with Elvis.  My memories are that he genuinely was a captain fantastic and I don't get all bent out of shape about him getting carried away a decade ago but I think he would be too divisive and we don't need that right now.

I don't get the seethe with Elvis. My memories are that he genuinely was a captain fantastic and I don't get all bent out of shape about him getting carried away a decade ago but I think he would be too divisive and we don't need that right now.

Think the absolute arrogance he showed to the fans who helped pay his wages has something to do with it....Fist pump and beating his chest? The snakey prick!

I joke with people at work about how I am going to be part-owner of Hearts. Seems some people on here genuinely believe it!!!

FOH is a donation, like a donation to any charity. I do not consider myself an owner of the SSPCA just because I donate on behalf of 2 felines which enjoy the good life in my house.

If I felt JKB needed the money I would re-channel a bit of my FOH donation to here again.

Donating is donating - it doesn't create a debt.

I genuinely don't understand what you are saying?

My comment was in response to the allegation that I contribute nothing to the club apart from internet comments

If you think my point was that that means I have some sort of influence over club decisions then you need English lessons.

As a student of my posts you should know the thing I fear most is the fans actually having an impact on day to day decisions once FOH takeover

I'd be gutted if Davies got it. Also if Paulo didn't even get an interview that is disgraceful. From the list provided it has to be Freedman.

Anybody saying it's definitely him or him are talking bull, there's only 2 or 3 that know who's getting it and it won't be leaked until we announce it

spot on, I asked the question last night to one of the few who will know & my answer was a simple "just wait and see"

No one outside the boardroom has a clue, EEN and the rest of the media know as much as you and I.

You make an interesting point. Should the club captain and/or other senior pros (cowie perhaps) be involved in the recruitment process? Would be a bold step for a club to do something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would certainly be innovative and more to the point more likely to be accepted by the fans if the players had involvement in some way.

FYI of Escobar Freedman would be the correct answer/decision and to eveyones clear annoyance would see me continue my happy clapping support of the regime.

You'll all be delighted I'm sure.

Why would we choose a manager who has flopped at Coventry and Fleetwood over someone who has done well at Crystal palace and Nottingham forest

If that happens and I hope it doesn't then I will give you my opinion on what I think but only then.

The Future's Maroon

"I haven't had an interview but it's clear to see I'm enjoying the role and working at first-team level. I think everyone at the club knows I wouldn't say know if I was asked to do this full-time".

The above is from that article, you can tell with the shocking grammar! Don't they check this before sending to print/on the internet - frustrates me so much when I see such poor work.

So anyway, we were told he was interviewed on Friday by Allan Preston I think, really cos that claim has just been rubbished by Daly himself with the above quote?!

I could be reading into it wrongly but he also hints towards someone else from within the club possibly being appointed, Levein or MacPhee?

Someone just said it but the fact is nobody knows apart from a very small number at the club will have any idea, the club probably hasn't decided yet.

People saying manager x will be announced on x day are simply guessing with the hope of being right to claim the kudos on here, sad really.

I hope the club make the correct choice, but I trust them to do so on this occasion as we took a gamble with Cathro which failed badly and I think they know fine well they can't make that mistake again.

Gorgie_Rules

It has to be Freedman. Forward thinking young manager, good experience and contacts, passionate about the role going by his radio interview. Has a proven record of developing young players and selling them on at value which is what our model is based on.

Unless he prices himself out the job it is a no brainer.

Correct. There is no valid reason that Pressley should be considered ahead of Freedman or Davies.

I wish there was one single outstanding candidate....like Jefferies in '95 or Burley in '05. But there isn't. The club need to get this appointment right and the support need to give the full backing to whoever gets the job and the squad.

"I haven't had an interview but it's clear to see I'm enjoying the role and working at first-team level. I think everyone at the club knows I wouldn't say know if I was asked to do this full-time".

The above is from that article, you can tell with the shocking grammar! Don't they check this before sending to print/on the internet - frustrates me so much when I see such poor work.

So anyway, we were told he was interviewed on Friday by Allan Preston I think, really cos that claim has just been rubbished by Daly himself with the above quote?!

I could be reading into it wrongly but he also hints towards someone else from within the club possibly being appointed, Levein or MacPhee?

Someone just said it but the fact is nobody knows apart from a very small number at the club will have any idea, the club probably hasn't decided yet.

People saying manager x will be announced on x day are simply guessing with the hope of being right to claim the kudos on here, sad really.

I hope the club make the correct choice, but I trust them to do so on this occasion as we took a gamble with Cathro which failed badly and I think they know fine well they can't make that mistake again.

Preston made the claim on Sportsound yesterday. No idea if he's ITK or not. I think he's a tube though, so I'm certainly not taking anything he says as gospel.

I would not be unhappy with the appointment of Billy Davies. Jon Daly has done an excellent job of stripping away a lot of the Cathro confusion from the players and has got them back to a position that can be consolidated and built upon. Davies obviously has extensive experience of operating at a good level of football and has been reasonably effective. I think he can bring a lot of good knowledge to the club.

Freedman is a bit more of a gamble. He has good credentials but they are not quite as substantial as Davies record in the game. Reorganisation and steady progression is what we need. He can bring that.

Why, In the name of all that is holy, would we even consider Preston?

In June 2000, after a hip injury ended his playing career, Preston became assistant to Macclesfield Town manager Peter Davenport, whom he had played with at St Johnstone. Preston left Macclesfield within a year to return to Scotland with Livingston as a coach, and in June 2004 he became the club's manager. He brought in another former St. Johnstone teammate, Alan Kernaghan, as his assistant, Kernagahan had been player/manager at Clyde. In November 2004, after just fifteen games in charge, Preston and Kernaghan were sacked after the team's seventh successive defeat.

Preston was unsuccessful in his application to be St Johnstone manager in April 2005 and thus his Livingston job represents his last football role

:D :D

The_razors_edge

It would certainly be innovative and more to the point more likely to be accepted by the fans if the players had involvement in some way.

Indeed. I certainly think in our case guys like Berra and Cowie have been in the game long enough to be able to identify someone they (and others) would be able to work with successfully. Whether that means interrogating a potential candidate from a players perspective or getting references from other players whom they know personally that have played for that person. You may establish a better picture of that candidates overall skill set and identify any potential problems that may arise (man management problems etc)

kinda like when Craig Beattie knocked his former club out the Cup in 2012. Strangely, I've never heard a single Celtic fan bleating about that.

Can't see Craig Beattie anywhere near managing Celtic anytime soon

kinda like when Craig Beattie knocked his former club out the Cup in 2012. Strangely, I've never heard a single Celtic fan bleating about that.

Can't see Craig Beattie anywhere near managing Celtic anytime soon

Please make this true. All the Pressley talk is giving me the fear.

Also, all the "insider" info coming out about Pressley being a "done deal" - where is it ACTUALLY coming from?

Great source.

If there are people who'd stop coming to Tynecastle if Pressley was appointed - good.

If, mind, because this is made up bullshit.

We need an appointment that unites the fans.

Pressley is most definitely not that.

We need an appointment that unites the fans.

Pressley is most definitely not that.

Yup. I don't give s monkeys about his antics when he played for Celtic. His managerial record is poor at best

The appointment should be based on who is the best person for the job and not who is considered to be a club 'legend' or who someone had leanings towards supporting when they were a child.

If I'm honest, I'm extremely underwhelmed by that short list.

Hartley and Pressley should have been no where near interview based on their managerial record. Pressley hasnt really done it anywhere as a manager and Hartleys record at Dundee was pretty poor. Presley also divides the support which after the appointment of Cathro is really something we don't need at the moment.

Davies has been out of management for a while and I think would be a step backward by the club.

If it's not going to be Freedman then I'd rather keep Daly in charge than any of the rest of the candidates.

I'm disappointed that if both Coyle and Boothroyd applied for the job that they weren't interviewed as both are better candidates than 3 of those on the short list.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I know of one person inside Tynecastle who is telling people it's Freedman. The person is not involved in the decision making process though.

I won't be surprised if there is no announcement this week or that the new man is not in place/in the dugout by next weekend

There is a 2 week gap due to international fixtures after the match next weekend which would give him time to come in and look at things close up before he makes his first team selection

Of course it means there would be a rush to get any signings in but I would imagine the background work to that has been done already and he'll be given a couple of options of who he sees as worth signing

I'm disappointed that if both Coyle and Boothroyd applied for the job that they weren't interviewed as both are better candidates than 3 of those on the short list.

If the short list is accurate (it could be a pile of pish) then I'm very surprised Coyle and Boothroyd aren't on it assuming they both indicated their interest.

I have a statement to make this Sunday from my sick bed:

Jesus is LORD!!!

What a strange addition to the thread. Weird.

The more I hear and see of Daly, and the improvement in the teams workrate, I would not be against giving him a short term deal to see how far he can take us.

The last couple of games we have shown some much needed grit and determination at the very least, gives us a platform to build on which we were missing under Cathro.

Being honest and serious, does anyone actually think Davies would be a decent appointment?

As a coach has a very good reputation and record. As a person, not suitable for HMFC

I won't be surprised if there is no announcement this week or that the new man is not in place/in the dugout by next weekend

There is a 2 week gap due to international fixtures after the match next weekend which would give him time to come in and look at things close up before he makes his first team selection

Of course it means there would be a rush to get any signings in but I would imagine the background work to that has been done already and he'll be given a couple of options of who he sees as worth signing

Chosen one is probably already working on deals.

Please not Pressley.

Freedman is by far and away the best candidate on the list. Appointing Snakey would just be another slap in the face for us.

Daly has done fine but let him go back to the 20s and learn before he is considered. Although he did deserve his interview. Won't do him any harm.

I wish people would cease parroting out the shite about an appointment either uniting the support or dividing the support. Forget it. The support will never be united nor divided. It is, and always will be, a collective of widely varying people with equally widely varying opinions and belief systems. It doesn't need a particular candidate to be united or divided in regards to the manager of the club. It will manage that feat without any help.

The ultimate support splitter in Scottish Football was Mo Johnson signing for Rangers. It was mighty controversial and certainly upset a number of orcs but ultimately it was accepted. Why? Because he did what he was there to do... score goals.

Steven Pressley or any other supposed support divider will be judged on performance alone. Any perceived support uniter equally so. Either type of manager will divide opinion regarding his and the team's performance.

After the Celtic defeat I hadn't considered Daly for the job but now most of the team are giving it their best shot.

Prior to the last two games our away performances have been abysmal in the Premiership since we got promoted.

Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith were not great tacticians but they were both motivators and in my opinion Daly is presently motivating the players.

After the Celtic defeat I hadn't considered Daly for the job but now most of the team are giving it their best shot.

Prior to the last two games our away performances have been abysmal in the Premiership since we got promoted.

Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith were not great tacticians but they were both motivators and in my opinion Daly is presently motivating the players.

Maybe some of the players know that their tea will be well and truly oot! When the new manager is appointed so they'd rather their pal got the job.

Self preservation and all that.

Jambof3tornado

Maybe some of the players know that their tea will be well and truly oot! When the new manager is appointed so they'd rather their pal got the job.

Self preservation and all that.

Players will always back the guy in the job until he gets sacked, the king is dead,long live the king.

siegementality

Out of that list I'd prefer Freedman way above the others. I wasn't that convinced at first but having read up a bit about him and listened to the opinions of some on here, I think he'd bring a freshness to the role and seems to be a very progressive manager.

If I had to choose a second choice it would be Billy Davies, not a likeable person, but a good manager nevertheless. If he got the gig, I think he'd get results. Simple as that.

Daly would be my third choice because he seems quite a switched-on guy but I'd prefer a bit of experience this time around.

Hartley doesn't convince me at all; great player that he was.

Pressley would be my last choice. He hasn't exactly set the heather on fire in his management career so far, and of course he'd cause a lot of grumbling among our support. I'm not that bothered about the whole chest-thumping incident but let's face it, a large section of our support will never forgive him for that and it would simply cause a lot of discontent.

Quite how a manager - Hartley - who won the Scottish Third Division, First Division play offs, Scottish Championship and secured Dundee at top six finish can be behind a guy who has had four caretaker manager games is beyond me.

Buffalo Bill

Quite how a manager - Hartley - who won the Scottish Third Division, First Division play offs, Scottish Championship and secured Dundee at top six finish can be behind a guy who has had four caretaker manager games is beyond me.

There wasn't a lot in it. I guess Daly would be seen as a leap of faith, but there's something about him that I like. One for the future though.

There wasn't a lot in it. I guess Daly would be seen as a leap of faith, but there's something about him that I like. One for the future though.

Maybe not for us though.

Archived