Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I get the feeling that the decision has been taken, this whole interview thing has been a charade. Daly was always the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the interviews you haven't heard mentioned that count.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Donaldson on twitter saying it's between Daly and Pressley.

Whatever you think of the chest thump etc., that action will definitely have cost Pressley if he doesn't get the job. Take away the whole 'divide the support' issue and I think most would be overlooking his patchy managerial record and welcoming back one of our greatest Captains. I suppose the Pressley haters will call it Karma.

Nah, Chris Karma was a shite manager.

I don't think it will be Daly. The club cannot afford to gamble on another novice at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bungalow Bill

If it`s Daly Ann is a liar and Levein is in complete control of the club.

If it`s Pressley its a massive kick in the teeth for the fans.

Regardless, we have had an opportunity here to bring in someone with fresh ideas, with no ties and with the potential to add season tickets etc and it looks like we are going with another from Leveins School of coaching!

Has Ann publicly said we're after an 'experienced' manager? I know the papers have stated this, but I can't recall any direct quotes.

Also, bit over the top suggesting that if Daly then 'Levein is in control of the club'. I doubt very much CL is involved in many aspects outside the footballing department, perspective needed here.

Agree though, Pressley would be a kick in the nuts. I can't get excited over any of the prospects to be honest.

Frank Sidebottom

It's the interviews you haven't heard mentioned that count.

To be clear then, you're saying it's someone who hasn't previously been quoted?

If it`s Daly Ann is a liar and Levein is in complete control of the club.

If it`s Pressley its a massive kick in the teeth for the fans. 

Regardless, we have had an opportunity here to bring in someone with fresh ideas, with no ties and with the potential to add season tickets etc and it looks like we are going with another from Leveins School of coaching! 

"If it`s Pressley its a massive kick in the teeth for the fans"  Maybe for some fans, although I have no idea why anyone would feel personally or collectively "kicked in the teeth". For the record I will NOT feel this if Stephen Pressley is appointed.

Independence

Let's hope it's the club that makes the decisions and not Kickback. Too many 'know it alls' and H1b5 iflitrators on this thread. The nonsense spouted about one of the best players and managers Hearts have had, Craig Levein, is just that, nonsense!!!!

alicante jambo

It is becoming very boring mate

It is but ive heard tje same as per our blether the other day.Im sure itll happen.Mark donaldson tweeting that though its between daly and presley?

Walter Bishop

"Since the announcement that Ian has moved on, we have been swamped by applications to take over his role"

And we are choosing between Daly and Pressley! 

:facepalm:

It is but ive heard tje same as per our blether the other day.Im sure itll happen.Mark donaldson tweeting that though its between daly and presley?

**** knows whats happening mate. I just want someone in soon to see the last of the transfer window. 

Wouldnt be particularly impressed with daly or pressley but whoever gets the job i will back them. 

"Since the announcement that Ian has moved on, we have been swamped by applications to take over his role"

And we are choosing between Daly and Pressley! 

:facepalm:

i find it hard to believe we are only choosing between daly and pressley...

Walter Bishop

"If it`s Pressley its a massive kick in the teeth for the fans"  Maybe for some fans, although I have no idea why anyone would feel personally or collectively "kicked in the teeth". For the record I will NOT feel this if Stephen Pressley is appointed

Ok Thanks.

Walter Bishop

So do i but it seems to be the way the press are reporting it, also someone mentioned Mark Donaldson had tweeted it this morning, he is well connected at the club.

There would be a bit of logic to delaying an appointment until next week. Would give the new manager 2 weeks to settle in before having a game. Meanwhile Daly can take charge at Motherwell without any fuss.

Still rather it was sooner than later.

alicante jambo

me too.I dont think for 1 minute these two will get the job.

Pressley's stats

Matches W D L Goals Points PPG

281 105 76 100 402:388 391 1,39

Freedmans Stats

Matches W D L Goals Points PPG

246 85 74 87 308:314 329 1,34

Take a look at the leagues they were managing in

Let's hope it's the club that makes the decisions and not Kickback. Too many 'know it alls' and H1b5 iflitrators on this thread. The nonsense spouted about one of the best players and managers Hearts have had, Craig Levein, is just that, nonsense!!!!

What age are you? All you ever post is h1b5!

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they support other clubs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can we please just get on with this now. I'm not being funny but Cathro went three weeks ago. The window shuts in 10 days time. Didn't need to take this long and doesn't need to take any longer

fraz the postie

I won't mind if we get a cheaper option as head coach,

Daly,

Houston,

Pressley,

Hartley, but then I want money spent on the team......soon.

siegementality

me too.I dont think for 1 minute these two will get the job.

If either do then it says a lot about the ambition - or lack of - at the club.

To be clear then, you're saying it's someone who hasn't previously been quoted?

Naw I'm saying interviews have taken place that are not generally known.

So do i but it seems to be the way the press are reporting it, also someone mentioned Mark Donaldson had tweeted it this morning, he is well connected at the club.

Mark Donaldson was just quoting the article written.

Id be very surprised if Ann picked another young inexperienced manager in Daly, she knows the fans wouldnt stand for it.

I would also be surpirsed if She would hire Presley knowing that he would also split opinion with the fan base  

Ferryjambo99

He tweeted "if, as reported it's a race between daly and pressley".

Take a look at the leagues they were managing in

It's all relevant. Better resources, better opponents, more cash or lesser resources, lesser opponents and less cash. Nat's hair between them on managerial stats. 

P.S. I am in the Freedman. But I think a lot of this reaction to SP becoming manager due to him being a bad manager is hyperbolic in context. 

A true supporter should get behind whoever the new manager is.

There are a couple of names on the short list that I'm not enthusiastic about but if they were chosen I would support them.

Far to many assumptions and agendas in your posting style on this and other issues. The words knee and jerk were designed for your kind of fan.

So if the club jumps off a cliff we all follow suit like a bunch of lemmings? We all support the club but we also all have beliefs about what the club should be doing, how it's run etc. If they hired Lennon or Collins as manager do you think we would all be delighted and get behind the club?

We have had an experiment with Cathro and it failed unfortunately. Chairperson said we wanted experience this time round. Several experienced coaches applied for the job. If we don't go for one of them or an experienced coach from left field then she is playing games with us or is not in control.

If it's Daly its last chance saloon for Levein. Two strikes and he is out for me. Which really means he would be all over Daly in terms of input, advice etc. If so why doesn't he just do the job himself?

I won't mind if we get a cheaper option as head coach,

Daly,

Houston,

Pressley,

Hartley, but then I want money spent on the team......soon.

Houston? Have you seen Falkirk's league position? :D

siegementality

Whatever you think of the chest thump etc., that action will definitely have cost Pressley if he doesn't get the job. Take away the whole 'divide the support' issue and I think most would be overlooking his patchy managerial record and welcoming back one of our greatest Captains. I suppose the Pressley haters will call it Karma.

You need to learn to read, MD says "if, as reported, it is between JD and SP". He knows no more than anyone else.

No he hasn't. He said "If as reported it's between them"

There would be a bit of logic to delaying an appointment until next week. Would give the new manager 2 weeks to settle in before having a game. Meanwhile Daly can take charge at Motherwell without any fuss.

Still rather it was sooner than later.

That would give him about three days of transfer window to bring players in. Hope not. We need two or three before 1/9.

Just my opinion but I think if it's Pressley we appoint we will have gone from having the worst manager in the league to the worst manager in the league again.

Of course would love to be proved wrong blah blah blah

Club is locked up air tight over this, would be surprised if the short list reported is even correct.

You could well be right

Like I mentioned last night, they are Leveins recommendations, it's Freedman's gig though. 

RustyRightPeg

Club is locked up air tight over this, would be surprised if the short list reported is even correct. 

It's correct, but the 5 was narrowed down before the articles came out.

If there is a delay it would make me think there are others being considered, perhaps one or two have thrown their hats in the ring late on.

Appointing Daly or Pressley would be a massive disappointment and seems crazy considering some of the other applicants.

Last chance city for Levein so if it goes bad then he must know that he's toast.

Appointing Daly or Pressley would be a massive disappointment and seems crazy considering some of the other applicants.

Last chance city for Levein so if it goes bad then he must know that he's toast.

Any appointment is a gamble but Daly or Pressley is just crazy. They ****ed up with Cathro. The fans deserve better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think its locked tight because Levein is not going to have the final say and she is going to have to manage that situation with care

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If the choice is between Pressley and Daly then we clearly are a joke. And skint.

Yup, I find it pretty hard to believe though.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I think its locked tight because Levein is not going to have the final say and she is going to have to manage that situation with care

good point 

Archived