Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully this place has absolutely no influence on ANYTHING the club chooses to do.

Well there are around 8k fans paying money into the club that they will own within a few years and I am sure a very large number of them post on here so whether you like it or not I think there will be some influence and even more so once ownership is transferred.

Obviously any influence will be through the representatives of FOH on the Board.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weegiejambo8

The fact that he is a terrible manager is the main reason..

The fact that he will instantly alienate sections of the support another..

The chest thumping in a Celtic top at the front of section N another.. (I was well within 20 metres of him as he did it and for those who say it was aimed towards Romanov you are rewriting history.. not a chance)

But as I said what in his managerial career so far has led you to believe he would be the right man for the job? Because he spoke well as captain?

Haha, you've proven my point. I said before I accept he doesn't have a great managerial record so far so that would be my main concern, but your "other reasons" are based on people getting upset how he fist pumped his chest when scoring against us.

He's a passionate player / manger. Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so sure about this post.. 

Before any person is picked for a new job you do your homework on them.. 

How have they performed before.. can they do it again.. what makes you believe that they can perform the job to the same standards..

As for visions.. I'm sure Cathro had visions which exceeded them all.. 

Of course it's about past stats..

Let's face it with the best will in the world it is always a risk when you appoint someone depsite all the checks you appoint who you think will be the best but then it is down to the players really and if they buy into what the Coach wants them to do.

So AB and CL might think they have the best candidate but I bet they don't involve the most important people in the selection process and that is the players who will be working with them.

It is almost impossible to do that and I can't imagine any club doing it but it would be interesting if they were asked who they think they would like to work with most out of the short listed candidates.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

When did I say he was the best choice ????????

Can you read ?

I said he was the RIGHT choice ....... And he is ..... Anyone else other than Pressley and we have missed a great opportunity!!!!!

And are we really still thinking McLaren is going to get the gig ......... Seriously

You'll need to explain what the difference is between right and best in this context? Are you saying he would be the right choice but not the best choice?

weegiejambo8

No one is bitter that he went to celtic.. Plenty are bitter about his behaviour and how essily he shit on the club and the fans when he came back..

And on top of that you answered your own question.. Terrible manager

How did he "shit on the club and fans"?

Evening News reporting Pressley & Daly are the front runners!!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-five-man-list-for-new-head-coach-1-4537039

If true I'd rather keep Daly. Although very underwhelming considering the applicants reported & noises on an experienced manager.

Daly said in that piece that he hadn't been interviewed.

Haha, you've proven my point. I said before I accept he doesn't have a great managerial record so far so that would be my main concern, but your "other reasons" are based on people getting upset how he fist pumped his chest when scoring against us.

He's a passionate player / manger. Get over it.

Just to point out he never scored.. It was at the end of the game.. He did his stuff when he could have just shook hands and walked off and held his previous club in high regard..

He didn't... It was a massive FU to any of the Hearts fans who had ever supported him..

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-five-man-list-for-new-head-coach-1-4537039

If true I'd rather keep Daly. Although very underwhelming considering the applicants reported & noises on an experienced manager.

I just can't understand why we'd take the risk of appointing a manager who would be booed on his unveiling.. 

We're trying to pay for a new stand but we're willing to alienate a section of our support..

If nothing else that's not smart business..

PaulHartley10

I don't think there will be anything from left field.

If true, definitely lacks imagination if they were inundated with applications.

weegiejambo8

Just to point out he never scored.. It was at the end of the game.. He did his stuff when he could have just shook hands and walked off and held his previous club in high regard..

He didn't... It was a massive FU to any of the Hearts fans who had ever supported him..

Sorry I couldn't remember whether he had scored or not. However still completely disagree.

In a sad way you are correct he would divide the support but I can't understand why people can't get over it.

His passion for being a winner is something I hope our next manager has!

I just can't understand why we'd take the risk of appointing a manager who would be booed on his unveiling..

We're trying to pay for a new stand but we're willing to alienate a section of our support..

If nothing else that's not smart business..

Totally agree

Unless Freedman made a complete mess of the interview he is head & shoulders above the other 4 listed.

Course the EN may well be talking crap!

The_razors_edge

Let's face it with the best will in the world it is always a risk when you appoint someone depsite all the checks you appoint who you think will be the best but then it is down to the players really and if they buy into what the Coach wants them to do.

So AB and CL might think they have the best candidate but I bet they don't involve the most important people in the selection process and that is the players who will be working with them.

It is almost impossible to do that and I can't imagine any club doing it but it would be interesting if they were asked who they think they would like to work with most out of the short listed candidates.

You make an interesting point. Should the club captain and/or other senior pros (cowie perhaps) be involved in the recruitment process? Would be a bold step for a club to do something like that.

Jambof3tornado

Totally agree

Unless Freedman made a complete mess of the interview he is head & shoulders above the other 4 listed.

Course the EN may well be talking crap!

Correct.

Sorry I couldn't remember whether he had scored or not. However still completely disagree.

In a sad way you are correct he would divide the support but I can't understand why people can't get over it.

His passion for being a winner is something I hope our next manager has!

Ok. I agree we want someone who is a winner..

But we also want someone with excellent managerial qualities.. something Pressley has never shown..

So you hope he might find them.. I'd rather go for tried and tested.. 

Surely we can agree that my way has more chance of success..

Naw because we are just the peasants who pay for season tickets, FoH subs and turn out rain, hail or sun every week.

:rofl:

She doesn't understand the fitba. Doesn't get Hearts. Making Hearts too fluffy etc.

Scotsman now reporting it's down to 5 man list.

Daly Pressley Freedman Davies Hartley.

My order of preference would be Freedman Davies Daly Hartley and Snakey

Based on managerial record and ability unfortunately, despite his baggage, it would have to be Davies first

Daly said in that piece that he hadn't been interviewed.

Allan Preston said on radio that he was interviewed on Friday.

weegiejambo8

Ok. I agree we want someone who is a winner..

But we also want someone with excellent managerial qualities.. something Pressley has never shown..

So you hope he might find them.. I'd rather go for tried and tested..

Surely we can agree that my way has more chance of success..

Yup, I agree he may not be the man for the job, however if he gets it I'd back him to do well. My main gripe is that people are still bothered by his actions from nearly 10 years ago! We will just need to wait and see what happens!

He deserves an interview. But that's it. Given the names that have been floating around, it would be extremely disappointing to have Daly appointed. And will just allow the whole Levein conspiracies to go on and on.

Well there are around 8k fans paying money into the club that they will own within a few years and I am sure a very large number of them post on here so whether you like it or not I think there will be some influence and even more so once ownership is transferred.

Obviously any influence will be through the representatives of FOH on the Board.

Well selecting these FOH representatives will be more important than finding a new head coach . Pretty sure I'm not alone in being concerned about the fans running the club .

Should have a poll on who would be the scariest KB member to be on the board

Based on managerial record and ability unfortunately, despite his baggage, it would have to be Davies first

Gut feeling it's going to be Pressley with Daly as his assistant, a bit underwhelming, but people who are considering booing this appointment really need to have a good look at themselves.

I believe we will be employing 2 from that list (3 if you count retaining Daly in his unders post)

Gut feeling it's going to be Pressley with Daly as his assistant, a bit underwhelming, but people who are considering booing this appointment really need to have a good look at themselves.

We'll I'd be booing.. luckily for you no one would hear me from Bangkok.

? So you're hoping they disregard managerial record and ability?

Quote from Daly saying he hasn't been interviewed could be from his morning press conference before he was interviewed.

Quote from Daly saying he hasn't been interviewed could be from his morning press conference before he was interviewed.

if they interviewed him then it would be that much harder for him to work below whoever gets the gig.

He deserves an interview. But that's it. Given the names that have been floating around, it would be extremely disappointing to have Daly appointed. And will just allow the whole Levein conspiracies to go on and on.

He's not my first choice either, just yet anyway. He's done a good job so far though. If he interviews well, then he should be considered against the other candidates.

if they interviewed him then it would be that much harder for him to work below whoever gets the gig.

It's just showing some respect

Do you want an interview John?

Yes

I disagree.. He's only caretaker.. It could easily be smoothed over with a 'you are doing a great job and probably next in line'

kinda like when Craig Beattie knocked his former club out the Cup in 2012. Strangely, I've never heard a single Celtic fan bleating about that.

Many fans have taken Pressley's behaviour in that Celtic game personally.

If he was genuinely trying to stick it up the fans, and not Romanov, would he really want to be the Hearts Head Coach?

I disagree.. He's only caretaker.. It could easily be smoothed over with a 'you are doing a great job and probably next in line'

how do you know he's not been told that already?

It's just showing some respect

Do you want an interview John?

Yes

perhaps he's already been told that this time is too soon for him? I would find it insulting to be given an interview internally and then an external person gets the job, if it was me...

maroonlegions

I don't think there will be anything from left field.

If true, definitely lacks imagination if they were inundated with applications.

Levin is pulling the strings here, he wants a yes man, Daly or Pressley being the two front runners , no surprise.

I'm a grown man so won't lose my shit if SP gets the job. Although he's certainly not got the management credentials I would hope see.

If anyone wants to boycott their season ticket if they are unhappy with the management choice, then DM me, I'll gladly have a freebie! I'll double my FOH to boot.

Anyhoo, exciting week ahead. New manager and a bunch of signings. Not ITK.

Daly has to stay within the Club in any case, even if it's reverting back to the 20s, assuming he'd be happy to do that.

From what we've seen, he's clearly a good leader and has potential for the future, if not for now.

If it's between him and Pressley, Daly should get it.

Fairly or unfairly, Pressley's overall standing among the fans is weak at best, meaning appointing him would be too high a risk.

Out of those 5 I would list them in preferred order

Davies

Freedman

Hartley

Daly

Whoever gets job will have my full backing

Whoever gets the job will materially influence what I think of the the current stewardship and structure of the club.

Many fans have taken Pressley's behaviour in that Celtic game personally.

If he was genuinely trying to stick it up the fans, and not Romanov, would he really want to be the Hearts Head Coach?

Well seeing as his managerial record is pretty pish and currently circling the pan like a stubborn jobby, I'm going to say yes.

...a bit disco

Why, In the name of all that is holy, would we even consider Preston?

In June 2000, after a hip injury ended his playing career, Preston became assistant to Macclesfield Town manager Peter Davenport, whom he had played with at St Johnstone. Preston left Macclesfield within a year to return to Scotland with Livingston as a coach, and in June 2004 he became the club's manager. He brought in another former St. Johnstone teammate, Alan Kernaghan, as his assistant, Kernagahan had been player/manager at Clyde. In November 2004, after just fifteen games in charge, Preston and Kernaghan were sacked after the team's seventh successive defeat.

Preston was unsuccessful in his application to be St Johnstone manager in April 2005 and thus his Livingston job represents his last football role

Levin is pulling the strings here, he wants a yes man, Daly or Pressley being the two front runners , no surprise.

far more likely Ann Budge is leading this, even if it just to placate the tin foil hat brigade...

In June 2000, after a hip injury ended his playing career, Preston became assistant to Macclesfield Town manager Peter Davenport, whom he had played with at St Johnstone. Preston left Macclesfield within a year to return to Scotland with Livingston as a coach, and in June 2004 he became the club's manager. He brought in another former St. Johnstone teammate, Alan Kernaghan, as his assistant, Kernagahan had been player/manager at Clyde. In November 2004, after just fifteen games in charge, Preston and Kernaghan were sacked after the team's seventh successive defeat.

Preston was unsuccessful in his application to be St Johnstone manager in April 2005 and thus his Livingston job represents his last football role

Whoah, whoah, whoah! He said that Daly was interviewed! Chill man. :thumbsup:

Samuel Camazzola

In June 2000, after a hip injury ended his playing career, Preston became assistant to Macclesfield Town manager Peter Davenport, whom he had played with at St Johnstone. Preston left Macclesfield within a year to return to Scotland with Livingston as a coach, and in June 2004 he became the club's manager. He brought in another former St. Johnstone teammate, Alan Kernaghan, as his assistant, Kernagahan had been player/manager at Clyde. In November 2004, after just fifteen games in charge, Preston and Kernaghan were sacked after the team's seventh successive defeat.

I think you've taken the post the wrong way. To me it read that Preston said Daly had been interviewed.

Whoever gets the job will materially influence what I think of the the current stewardship and structure of the club.

They better let you choose our next manager then...

Archived