Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Buffalo Bill

Maybe not for us though.

Maybe not, but that's the chance you take.

I don't expect him to get the job this time but he might get it after the next guy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Celtic defeat I hadn't considered Daly for the job but now most of the team are giving it their best shot.

Prior to the last two games our away performances have been abysmal in the Premiership since we got promoted.

Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith were not great tacticians but they were both motivators and in my opinion Daly is presently motivating the players.

Whilst we have undoubtedly looked more solid in the last two games, neither performance were particularly good. Incredible how little Daly has to do to get some people to a stage where they would accept a fairly novice U20s coach as our new Head Coach given what we have just been through.

Bowmans_Boot

Whilst we have undoubtedly looked more solid in the last two games, neither performance were particularly good. Incredible how little Daly has to do to get some people to a stage where they would accept a fairly novice U20s coach as our new Head Coach given what we have just been through.

I think it demonstrates just how poor and lacking in fight we were under Cathro. A couple of half decent results, with the players looking like they are trying and we are creaming our pants.

D

I think it demonstrates just how poor and lacking in fight we were under Cathro. A couple of half decent results, with the players looking like they are trying and we are creaming our pants.

I don't know about you but the last 2 results have certainly lifted my spirits. Hopefully a good appointment this week will continue that trajectory.

Bowmans_Boot

D

I don't know about you but the last 2 results have certainly lifted my spirits. Hopefully a good appointment this week will continue that trajectory.

I agree totally. I just hope the new managerial appointment isnt a disappointment eg Pressley/Hartley/Daly. If it is Dougie Freedman then I believe the entire support can unite behind him.

Jambof3tornado

Maybe not, but that's the chance you take.

I don't expect him to get the job this time but he might get it after the next guy.

Quite possibly.

The idea of bringing coaches through might not be dead in the water.

The club can genuinely **** right off if they appoint Daly.

Agreed. Would be a disgraceful decision and prove once and for all they don't give a Tom Kite about what direction we are going on the park. Would also indicate there is a serious shortfall of cash right now. I can't believe they would be so stupid though as he won't see out the season and it will be the end for Levein.

rudi must stay

There wasn't a lot in it. I guess Daly would be seen as a leap of faith, but there's something about him that I like. One for the future though.

Not sure he is. He's done a sensible job with what we have, but we never looked like scoring yesterday and some of our play was atrocious

Buffalo Bill

Not sure he is. He's done a sensible job with what we have, but we never looked like scoring yesterday and some of our play was atrocious

I'm not sure that having players who can't control a football and pass to a team mate is Daly's fault but I agree he's done a sensible job with the couple of weeks he's had.

I'm very much hoping for a Freedman appointment though.

If this is the 'list' it's actually completely underwhelming and hugely disappointing. I'd love to know who else applied for them to whittle it down to this bunch.

Quite possibly.

The problem with this Liverpool boot-room philosophy is, apart from anything, it's dated. It was a unique idea but it worked, primarily, because they were continuing a winning formula with minimal disruption. Liverpool had won 3 European Cups and many domestic trophies. Allowing a seamless transition of managers made sense. Applying the same system to young coaches, at a club that is not in the habit of winning trophies, overseen by the same DOF just doesn't make any sense..unless and until we become successful.

Quite possibly.

The problem with this Liverpool boot-room philosophy is, apart from anything, it's dated. It was a unique idea but it worked, primarily, because they were continuing a winning formula with minimal disruption. Liverpool had won 3 European Cups and many domestic trophies. Allowing a seamless transition of managers made sense. Applying the same system to young coaches, at a club that is not in the habit of winning trophies, overseen by the same DOF just doesn't make any sense..unless and until we become successful.

Indeed. It's pretty easy to promote from within if you have umpteen world class players and numerous other top drawer players. A some what different story if you have, as will more often than not with a club like us a manager sacked, a team struggling and then promote a novice. Just will never work.

Pants Shaton

Preston is now favourite on Ladbrokes, Paddy Power and Betfair.

Suspect Michael Stewart will have a role in new set up. Tommy Harrison as DoF.

If this is the 'list' it's actually completely underwhelming and hugely disappointing. I'd love to know who else applied for them to whittle it down to this bunch.

Exactly, especially when Ann Budge claimed the club had been 'swamped' with applications.

Bowmans_Boot

Preston is now favourite on Ladbrokes, Paddy Power and Betfair.

Suspect Michael Stewart will have a role in new set up. Tommy Harrison as DoF.

Pressley is 11/2 on Skybet, decent odds imo. Freedman is 5/6 favourite.

Edit: totally missed your joke!! What an idiot I am....

Elias Henry Furst

Exactly, especially when Ann Budge claimed the club had been 'swamped' with applications.

It's a fair point.

How Pressley got anywhere near an interview let alone a shortlist is alarming.

Hopefully Freedman is our man.

Pressley is 11/2 on Skybet, decent odds imo. Freedman is 5/6 favourite.

Edit: totally missed your joke!! What an idiot I am....

Me too.

I was like Tommy Harrison :cornette:

I just think we need the new man in now, the window is creeping ever closer and we need creative midfielders and an experienced keeper. I pray the new boss is aware.

Bowmans_Boot

David Obua still a rock solid 33/1 - the man ain't budging.

Why is he even mentioned?! Just a wee bit random.

Son Of Anarchy

I know of one person inside Tynecastle who is telling people it's Freedman. The person is not involved in the decision making process though.

Correct.

As Brucie would say............keep on standing. :)

Ah, one of The Boss' lesser known lyrics. :)

Bazzas right boot

+-

*-

Agreed. Would be a disgraceful decision and prove once and for all they don't give a Tom Kite about what direction we are going on the park. Would also indicate there is a serious shortfall of cash right now. I can't believe they would be so stupid though as he won't see out the season and it will be the end for Levein.

I think you generally post hysterical and ott posts however if Daly was appointed  it would point to cash problems. In that list he is clearly the least qualified,  as would possibly Pressley and to a lesser extent Hartley.

Davies, cough, cough and Freedman have much better management C'V's and would show imo ambition.

Think the absolute arrogance he showed to the fans who helped pay his wages has something to do with it....Fist pump and beating his chest? The snakey prick!

We weren't paying his wages then. Celtic were.

Bazzas right boot

Preston will be anounced as manager right after we announce we are filliing the corners of the stand in.

Double statement impending.

Finlay James

That depends on who the applicants were, the club can only go by those interested in the job

D

Surely has to be this week. From tomorrow there are 11 full days left in the window and we need 3-4 players IMO. It would be good if the new guy had a major input into those 3-4 as his job will depend on them being right IMO.

We also need to resolve the Walker thing one way or another. He needs to sign for us, sign for Rangers, or be told he is being parked for a year. He shouldn't be anywhere near the club and certainly not playing in his current state of mind thats for sure.

I think we'll get the announcement on Tuesday. I have no idea whom. I am hoping for Freedman from those names publicly available. Someone higher profile than him looks unlikely although we could be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of restructuring at the same time with some roles being 're-defined' and possibly a more traditional 'manager and assistant' coming in under Leveins hopefully largely administrative role.

kingantti1874

See the folk who ate disappointed with the short list, Sergio aside.. Who, realistically would you suggest..? Key word being realistically..

Have to say, find the names on the list to be pretty uninspiring.

Who, of those currently available, would inspire you? We aren't going to pay compensation, I would imagine, so our options are limited.

Bowmans_Boot

See the folk who ate disappointed with the short list, Sergio aside.. Who, realistically would you suggest..? Key word being realistically..

I would tend to agree with the sentiments of this, although for Pressley/Hartley/Daly (maybe Daly is purely out of respect) to make the "Best 5 Candidates" then it is disappointing. Swap Pressley/Hartley for Coyle/McClaren and it is of higher quality.

Freedman & Davies are definitely of the quality I had hoped and would be happy with either, although I totally favour Freedman.

Have to say, find the names on the list to be pretty uninspiring.

Same here.

If that is the best of the many applications then it's a meh from me, give them a chance yes but not an appointment from those 5 will have anyone excited.

Bowmans_Boot

Same here.

If that is the best of the many applications then it's a meh from me, give them a chance yes but not an appointment from those 5 will have anyone excited.

Who would have excited you? Genuine question.

I would find Freedman or Davies very exciting: guys who have a track record at a high level in England, have contacts and will most certainly get us sorted out.

Maybe more exciting managers showed an interest , but we couldn't afford them.

I for one would be happy with Freedman.

Lucille's Thirsty

I hope we make the announcement tomorrow as early as possible, give the man in charge a full weeks preparation to get his ideas across to his new staff and hopefully get three points of Motherwell.

The Motherwell game will be a free hit for the new man but if he can get three points on the board then he'll head into the International Break with a sense of purpose of going in the right direction.

giphy.gif

Referring to how he spends his time trying to pretend even the pishest Rangers players are decent, I think.

The Frog Keeper we are speaking too, was he at Palace the same time as Freedman?

If he was, that would suggest to me its Freedman

Archived