Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Frank Sidebottom

I'm pretty fed up of these petty fans who miscontrue a gesture made at the ownership of the club that despite delivering two Scottish Cups nearly sent us bust by a player who was forceably removed for pointing out the early warning signs. 

I recall the player who had the stones to step up and take the first penalty in the Cup final, or who tried to play in a derby after getting his teeth knocked out against the Dutch four days before. Our greatest captain in the modern era but yeah lets just re-write history and call him a snake.

I'm not saying he should get the job, it should be considered on merit and if the board choose to go with him, it's because they feel it's the right thing to do. It can't be worse than the Cathro experiment. Maybe just back the team and the board decisions instead of holding a pointless vendetta against someone who gave as much to the club as anyone in recent history.

Good for you.

But I remember the **** running the length of the park unnecessarily to celebrate in front of the Gorgie Stand even before the events at the final whistle.

He showed no class or respect that day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the board do appoint him, I would question if it is on merit given the standard of candidate linked with the job. Freedman and Sergio, to name but two, have far better track records.

You would question something that may actually happen based on a decision made by professional people at the club with decades of experience at the top levels in the game against a fantasy list of names that have been conjured up on Kickback and taken as fact as a "list" of candidates ... have to ask why that would be?

Walter Bishop

Source?

Look at the Freedman/Pressley poll for starters.

A shocking appointment if it happens.

Horatio Caine

Ok.  Must admit my preference would be for Freedman.  But if the choice does end up being Elvis, then we all need to accept it, and get behind him and the team.  All this puerile stuff about not going back and resigning from the board etc etc is just embarrassing.  We are adults, not children we have to put all the negative stuff some of us have been holding on to for years now, behind us.  It's gone. Finished.  What matters is what happens now and in the season(s) ahead. I don't question SP's passion for and knowledge of the game.  The guy needs to be given the same chance as any other appointee would.  So man up guys and stop the playground dramatics.

Good for you.

But I remember the **** running the length of the park unnecessarily to celebrate in front of the Gorgie Stand even before the events at the final whistle.

He showed no class or respect that day.

Its not even just about that for me, he's just genuinely a very very shite manager. I stand by what I said a few days ago that I would be finished with hearts under the current regime if he's the manager.

It would be a seriously incompetent appointment, this board have made some stupid mistakes over the past few years but this would be right up there.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You would question something that may actually happen based on a decision made by professional people at the club with decades of experience at the top levels in the game against a fantasy list of names that have been conjured up on Kickback and taken as fact as a "list" of candidates ... have to ask why that would be?

Decades of experience? Hmmm.

Yes, I'd question it given the last appointment. As for "fantasy" names, both of those I've mentioned have said they have applied. I don't see a reason for them to lie.

Its not a 'fantasy' list. Certainly not as far as Freedman and Sergio are concerned. Both have publicy said they have applied

Ok.  Must admit my preference would be for Freedman.  But if the choice does end up being Elvis, then we all need to accept it, and get behind him and the team.  All this puerile stuff about not going back and resigning from the board etc etc is just embarrassing.  We are adults, not children we have to put all the negative stuff some of us have been holding on to for years now, behind us.  It's gone. Finished.  What matters is what happens now and in the season(s) ahead. I don't question SP's passion for and knowledge of the game.  The guy needs to be given the same chance as any other appointee would.  So man up guys and stop the playground dramatics.

Get off of here with all this common sense stuff!

There's no place for this kind of thing on the internet, particularly, JKB.

Its not even just about that for me, he's just genuinely a very very shite manager. I stand by what I said a few days ago that I would be finished with hearts under the current regime if he's the manager.

It would be a seriously incompetent appointment, this board have made some stupid mistakes over the past few years but this would be right up there.

I think you are talking nonsense. Well, its either that or you deem the manager of the club to be more important than the club itself. If its Pressley so be it. He deserves to be given a chance if appointed. 

Its not a 'fantasy' list. Certainly not as far as Freedman and Sergio are concerned. Both have publicy said they have applied

Myself, you and Geoff could apply, that does not make us candidates! The board and football department are professionals within the game, they have combined ... decades of experience in all levels of the game up to and including International football level. The club have neither confirmed or denied any name on any list that I know of. Let the professionals do their job, and make the decision based on known FACTS and criteria that the club are currently bound by. Then once announced, get behind the new man and work together with them to turn what has been a disappointing 7 or 8 months around. Let the professionals get on with doing their job, let the fans get on with doing theirs ... supporting the club, which the Hearts fans do incredibly well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Myself, you and Geoff could apply, that does not make us candidates! The board and football department are professionals within the game, they have combined ... decades of experience in all levels of the game up to and including International football level. The club have neither confirmed or denied any name on any list that I know of. Let the professionals do their job, and make the decision based on known FACTS and criteria that the club are currently bound by. Then once announced, get behind the new man and work together with them to turn what has been a disappointing 7 or 8 months around. Let the professionals get on with doing their job, let the fans get on with doing theirs ... supporting the club, which the Hearts fans do incredibly well.

Desperate stuff! Did the board get Cathro right using their "decades of experience"?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You seem to be saying that Pressley is the best we can aspire too.

Hopefully our club are more ambitious than you.

Hardly desperate, more factual and how the process should work. Have you never made a mistake in life after basing things on your past experience Geoff? The last appointment didn't work out, it has ended, we move on and find a new candidate based on what the club deem the requirements and what we can afford. What is desperate about that?

You seem to be saying that Pressley is the best we can aspire too.

Hopefully our club are more ambitious than you.

I would say that Pressley is very much in a bracket of potential candidates that are both within budget, know the club and can bring elements as a manager that the club would like to have. This is based on personal experience, what is your opinion based on? Do you know his football philosophy or how he sets his teams up, does he bring youngsters through, what does he expect. If it was up to me and my ambition I would have Diego Simeone, however at a guess, the clubs budget doesn't and will never match that ambition. See how that works?

Ok. Must admit my preference would be for Freedman. But if the choice does end up being Elvis, then we all need to accept it, and get behind him and the team. All this puerile stuff about not going back and resigning from the board etc etc is just embarrassing. We are adults, not children we have to put all the negative stuff some of us have been holding on to for years now, behind us. It's gone. Finished. What matters is what happens now and in the season(s) ahead. I don't question SP's passion for and knowledge of the game. The guy needs to be given the same chance as any other appointee would. So man up guys and stop the playground dramatics.

:spoton:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hardly desperate, more factual and how the process should work. Have you never made a mistake in life after basing things on your past experience Geoff? The last appointment didn't work out, it has ended, we move on and find a new candidate based on what the club deem the requirements and what we can afford. What is desperate about that?

What's desperate is you saying that we should just accept whatever the board decide. If so, there is absolutely no point speculating about who the manager should or shouldn't be on here. If Budge and Levein appoint Pressley then of course fans will "accept" it as they support the club. It doesn't mean they are going to be happy about it. In addition, opining that Pressley isn't good enough to do the job is a perfectly rational position based on his track record. I don't need "decades of experience" to determine that.

Desperate stuff! Did the board get Cathro right using their "decades of experience"?

Which experienced professional gets it right every time ? The post you quoted was fair, balanced and without petty insults and you call it desperate stuff ? Utter nonsense Geoff.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Which experienced professional gets it right every time ? The post you quoted was fair, balanced and without petty insults and you call it desperate stuff ? Utter nonsense Geoff.

Where did I claim everyone gets it right all the time? Equally, if someone gets sonething wrong do you say "no bother, on you go" next time round?

Where did I claim everyone gets it right all the time? Equally, if someone gets sonething wrong do you say "no bother, on you go" next time round?

Its a matter of making decisions based on both known facts, and budget, something no one outside the club or boardroom have an inkling of. Quick question, if you aren't in the 2-4 million a year annual salary market for a manager? What do you think are the relative increase in odds of getting it wrong if you are paying circa ?250 a year? The simple fact of the matter is Geoff, no matter how loudly you shout that you are returning your Hearts TV International subscription for appointing the wrong manager (in your opinion), the only time the fans are heard are just before the manager is sacked. Outwith that ... no input whatsoever

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I would say that Pressley is very much in a bracket of potential candidates that are both within budget, know the club and can bring elements as a manager that the club would like to have. This is based on personal experience, what is your opinion based on? Do you know his football philosophy or how he sets his teams up, does he bring youngsters through, what does he expect. If it was up to me and my ambition I would have Diego Simeone, however at a guess, the clubs budget doesn't and will never match that ambition. See how that works?

Yes, yes, yes. It's truly a choice between Pressley and Simeone. What can the board do?

Pressley's formations were all over the place at Coventry and Fleetwood. 4-4-2 for a long time, sometimes three at the back, sometime 4-3-3. An abstract view, given how bad the results were under him, is that he had no idea what he was doing.

Coventry I accept were a mess but Fleetwood are a progressive and relatively rich club who reached the League One play-offs after they replaced Pressley with a proper manager in Uwe Rosler.  Falkirk were relegated under him and nobody has touched him since Fleetwood, despite Pressley given the impression that he's being picky about jobs. Really, what more is there to say?

JamboJoker98

Yes, yes, yes. It's truly a choice between Pressley and Simeone. What can the board do?

Pressley's formations were all over the place at Coventry and Fleetwood. 4-4-2 for a long time, sometimes three at the back, sometime 4-3-3. An abstract view, given how bad the results were under him, is that he had no idea what he was doing.

Coventry I accept were a mess but Fleetwood are a progressive and relatively rich club who reached the League One play-offs after they replaced Pressley with a proper manager in Uwe Rosler.  Falkirk were relegated under him and nobody has touched him since Fleetwood, despite Pressley given the impression that he's being picky about jobs. Really, what more is there to say?

That does not fill me with confidence. Exactly the same as who we've just got rid of and why we're in this mess... 

Walter Bishop

Shocked but not surprised there are "fans" amongst our support that would welcome Pressley. These will blow the ones wanting to give Cathro 6 months etc.

This appointment is crucial for HMFC, we have a shortfall in funds for our new stand, we have a divided support, we need someone the fans can get behind and that can put bums on seats.

Steven Pressley is not that man. Imagine if he loses his first couple of games? The board thought the Cathro treatment was bad!

Freedman had to be 1st choice now, no ties, a fresh start everyone can get behind him. If not him then Sergio or Hartley or only other two that will get fans support.

Don't think that was a "board decision" next one will be!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He has been working for Southampton.

:lol:

Come on man:

"I'm doing a little scouting now for Southampton"

Generic Username

:lol:

Come on man:

"I'm doing a little scouting now for Southampton"

Letting them know all the best places to eat mice.

Coventry I accept were a mess but Fleetwood are a progressive and relatively rich club who reached the League One play-offs after they replaced Pressley with a proper manager in Uwe Rosler. Falkirk were relegated under him and nobody has touched him since Fleetwood, despite Pressley given the impression that he's being picky about jobs. Really, what more is there to say?

The Fleetwood chairman said he was happy at the job Pressley did after he left as he was asked to keep them up and that's what he did.

Graham Alexander was sacked by Fleetwood at the start of that season because they were getting humped everyweek. Did a great job at Scunthorpe last season though.

Pressley has had three jobs where he's been tasked with avoiding relegation so it shouldn't come as a shock that his win % is in the 30's.

Lucille's Thirsty

This could be a clever move from Levein. Interview the most hated man in Gorgie for the job. He has the fans bammed up and slips in his latest puppet(Daly) under the radar.

It's been made clear on multiple occasions mate that Levein doesn't involve himself in first team matter backed up by Robbie's interview in which he had no reason to lie.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its a matter of making decisions based on both known facts, and budget, something no one outside the club or boardroom have an inkling of. Quick question, if you aren't in the 2-4 million a year annual salary market for a manager? What do you think are the relative increase in odds of getting it wrong if you are paying circa ?250 a year? The simple fact of the matter is Geoff, no matter how loudly you shout that you are returning your Hearts TV International subscription for appointing the wrong manager (in your opinion), the only time the fans are heard are just before the manager is sacked. Outwith that ... no input whatsoever

Deary me, to read that you would think we couldn't afford anyone. Even looking at the league the only managers who would probably get paid more are Rodgers, Caixanha, McInnes and potentially Mr Clarification. Are you seriously trying to tell me we couldn't afford Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald, both with far better records than Pressley? Freedman isn't worried about the salary either. The long and short is that a good manager is easily within our price range so that argument is moot.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Fleetwood chairman said he was happy at the job Pressley did after he left as he was asked to keep them up and that's what he did.

Graham Alexander was sacked by Fleetwood at the start of that season because they were getting humped everyweek. Did a great job at Scunthorpe last season though.

Pressley has had three jobs where he's been tasked with avoiding relegation so it shouldn't come as a shock that his win % is in the 30's.

PR.

For what it's worth, I know someone who used to work at Fleetwood.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I also present this exhibit from a Fleetwood message board at the time he left:

So, Fleetwood rush out and early on sign every average player going then he resigns. Classic. He is a terrible manager though who I think is a Walter Mitty type who thinks his team is playing like Barcelona while in reality they run around looking confused and arguing with each other.

PR.

For what it's worth, I know someone who used to work at Fleetwood.

That's fair enough but he gave him a second season and that to me tells it's own story.

I also present this exhibit from a Fleetwood message board at the time he left:

So, Fleetwood rush out and early on sign every average player going then he resigns. Classic. He is a terrible manager though who I think is a Walter Mitty type who thinks his team is playing like Barcelona while in reality they run around looking confused and arguing with each other.

Funny that because the impression I got was that Gretar Steinsson and the Chairman that were signing the players.

Deary me, to read that you would think we couldn't afford anyone. Even looking at the league the only managers who would probably get paid more are Rodgers, Caixanha, McInnes and potentially Mr Clarification. Are you seriously trying to tell me we couldn't afford Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald, both with far better records than Pressley? Freedman isn't worried about the salary either. The long and short is that a good manager is easily within our price range so that argument is moot.

It isn't just about money though and the facts you don't have amongst others are we have no idea who's genuinely interested and any terms or conditions they are looking for. What is being reported in the newspapers is clearly different from what's going on behind the scenes.

Shocked but not surprised there are "fans" amongst our support that would welcome Pressley. These will blow the ones wanting to give Cathro 6 months etc.

This appointment is crucial for HMFC, we have a shortfall in funds for our new stand, we have a divided support, we need someone the fans can get behind and that can put bums on seats.

Steven Pressley is not that man. Imagine if he loses his first couple of games? The board thought the Cathro treatment was bad!

Freedman had to be 1st choice now, no ties, a fresh start everyone can get behind him. If not him then Sergio or Hartley or only other two that will get fans support.

We have a divided support ?

You're excelling yourself in the drivel stakes today, Walter.

It isn't just about money though and the facts you don't have amongst others are we have no idea who's genuinely interested and any terms or conditions they are looking for. What is being reported in the newspapers is clearly different from what's going on behind the scenes.

Of course it is, D.

They are trying to sell newspapers..that's a good headline.

It's been made clear on multiple occasions mate that Levein doesn't involve himself in first team matter backed up by Robbie's interview in which he had no reason to lie.

Didn't a player recently say he did? That guy who bangs on on twitter?

Regardless of what Pressley did when he played for Celtic, as many others have said, he has done nothing whatsoever in his managerial career to merit even being considered for this role.

Lucille's Thirsty

Didn't a player recently say he did? That guy who bangs on on twitter?

I couldn't say mate I don't know of any player that said this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So do you think Pressley is the best candidate?

Once again Geoff, everything above is based purely on your wild speculation and nothing based on fact. How do you know what these managers are on? How do you know what the Hearts budget is for the next appointment is? My personal opinion is .... the speculative list of candidates are all pretty much the same, the names you produced in your post above are all what I would say are in the same category of manager. Manager's looking to either resurrect their career or managers who have kept their team in the SPL with a small budget, the bargain basement ?250k to ?400k a year bucket of managers if you will. All of them would potentially be around the same cost wise, with perhaps Freedman slightly more expensive, however that is purely speculation ...  there is a lot of that goes on in here isn't there?

Well, he's got a lot of 'passion'

Steven_Pressley_1238214a.jpg

image.jpg

_42449775_celtic2.jpg

Shame he's a horrific manager.

He can GTF!

Archived