Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Bowmans_Boot

16 pages on a guy who won't be the next manager...I bet Anns on her boat pishing herself at grown men getting so wound up by something that's not happened.

He's a former captain and currently plying his trade as a manager...it would be ridiculous not to at least hear what he has to say.

He isnt "currently plying his trade as a manager" because he was a shite manager and no club wants him. That hopefully includes us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really do have some absolute scum amongst our support.

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

Deary deary me. Complete weirdos.

Stay classy son.

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

I struggle to hate him but he's had every opportunity to apologise to the fans. Whether it was directed at the board or not he could very easily have said before now that if the Hearts fans were offended he apologises and it wasn't aimed at them. If people still wanted to hate him then that's pretty sad behaviour. If he comes out with it now it'll appear disingenuous.

Add in he's absolutely pap at being a football manager...it doesn't bode well!

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

Are you saying some Hearts fans are Scum for hating SP ??

:cornette:

Pressley gets the gig and has a bad start.. a poor run.. loses to Hibs.

What ****ing chance will he have?

He isnt "currently plying his trade as a manager" because he was a shite manager and no club wants him. That hopefully includes us.

I'm pretty sure if he's asked his job he'll say he's a Football Manager albeit one out of work. Keep your boots on Bowman I absolutely do not want him as manager thankfully I'm sure he won't be!

Bowmans_Boot

I'm pretty sure if he's asked his job he'll say he's a Football Manager albeit one out of work. Keep your boots on Bowman I absolutely do not want him as manager thankfully I'm sure he won't be!

Fingers crossed!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Scum for hating someone who has shown utter contempt towards Hearts on more than one occasion? Deary fecking me.

Scum are the ones who hired a plane.

Get it right

Son Of Anarchy

Scum for hating someone who has shown utter contempt towards Hearts on more than one occasion? Deary fecking me.

Scum are the ones who hired a plane.

Get it right

Scum are the ***** he was pumping his chest in front of.

PaulHartley10

Directed at the owners my arse. I was stood at the front of N1 and he looked me in the eye with his thumping of the Celtic badge.

It definitely ruined my memories of him as a young kid watching his passion in numerous derbies, lifting the cup and when I was stood at the front watching him raise his arm away in Basel.

He'd get my full support as any manager will, but there are far too many better candidates out there.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Directed at the owners my arse. I was stood at the front of N1 and he looked me in the eye with his thumping of the Celtic badge.

It definitely ruined my memories of him as a young kid watching his passion in numerous derbies, lifting the cup and when I was stood at the front watching him raise his arm away in Basel.

He'd get my full support as any manager will, but there are far too many better candidates out there.

Anyone suggesting otherwise either weren't at the game or just a down right liar.

Best ignored.

"He looked me in the eye". Oh no, how have you survived since then?!!!

Talk about snowflakes. Jesus Christ, we have some cockwombles in our support.

Let's not forget he also called a Hearts a 'provincial' club and that his Scottish Cup wins at Celtic were 'a lot more satisfying that when at Hearts'

Can you post a link to the quote from SP about the last part of your sentence? I'd like to read it myself for context.

Childish posts like this just don't really add any value. What's the point? If it's comedy value, it isn't really that good.

Can you post a link to the quote from SP about the last part of your sentence? I'd like to read it myself for context.

Must be out there somewhere, remembering watching it and thinking what a dick,

Aye. Unlike "snake".

To be honest, another poor response. Put it down to a bad night, get to bed early and try again tomorrow.

Aye. Unlike "snake".

Erm... yes. Anyone copying Donald Trump's banter is a ****ing simpleton. Pointing out that Pressley is a snake is just truth bombs.

To be honest, another poor response. Put it down to a bad night, get to bed early and try again tomorrow.

Hahaha. You and your ilk will never learn. 

Hahaha. You and your ilk will never learn.

Never learn? If you're meant to be the teacher, then you're probably right. Unless the lesson is how to be a complete simpleton.

Never learn? If you're meant to be the teacher, then you're probably right. Unless the lesson is how to be a complete simpleton.

Sure. I'm the simple one. Hahahaha.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sure. I'm the simple one. Hahahaha.

You are if you believe he's good enough to be the manager of HMFC.

MacDonald Jardine

Aye and you're right up there.

Have you read the thread?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PaulHartley10

Clearly not aimed at the owners if he was giving it the big one to N1.

He probably doesn't even realise it's an issue but us fans are a fickle bunch.

You are if you believe he's good enough to be the manager of HMFC.

I didn't get involved in that part of the debate Geoffrey my man. I was 'simply' calling out the scumbags in our support who "hate" Steven Pressley. On balance I don't believe its the right time for Elvis and I hope to God its not Hartley (another legend) either who is even less suitable in my opinion.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh, and I still say his convincing the ref to overturn a Hearts penalty when playing for Falkirk was far worse than any chest thumping.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I didn't get involved in that part of the debate Geoffrey my man. I was 'simply' calling out the scumbags in our support who "hate" Steven Pressley. On balance I don't believe its the right time for Elvis and I hope to God its not Hartley (another legend) either who is even less suitable in my opinion.

Cool.

I would add that "simple" should be used that want Pressley appointed for a "seethefest". They might as well call for Rix to come back if that's the case.

Captain Canada

I love how facts go out the window when discussing Elvis. Aye, worst manager ever. Falkirk are in the same division now as when he left, Coventry are one league down and Fleetwood are in the same division.

Coventry had points deductions while he was in charge, sold their top scorer and played their home games in a different town. He resigned from Fleetwood Town and wasn't sacked as some would have you believe.

It's pretty sad that people aren't willing to get behind whoever the new manager is. I've no idea if he'll get the job or not, but if he does, I'll support the club in exactly the same way regardless.

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

Just like the post from another poster, absolutely no need whatsoever to call fellow supporters scum, some people have a different opinion from you, just accept it. To think someone referred to you as the best poster on this site.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I love how facts go out the window when discussing Elvis. Aye, worst manager ever. Falkirk are in the same division now as when he left, Coventry are one league down and Fleetwood are in the same division.

Coventry had points deductions while he was in charge, sold their top scorer and played their home games in a different town. He resigned from Fleetwood Town and wasn't sacked as some would have you believe.

It's pretty sad that people aren't willing to get behind whoever the new manager is. I've no idea if he'll get the job or not, but if he does, I'll support the club in exactly the same way regardless.

Er, he took Falkirk down. In addition, no one said he's the worst ever manager (it would be hard to beat Cathro in that one). People are saying his past record isn't good enough.

Put it this way. Had he never played for Hearts, would you want a manager with his record?

Good post m8. I've absolutely nothing against Elvis at all but I would prefer Freedman over him.

If he gets the job though, and I think he's got a good chance, then I'll be right behind him and the club and giving my support as always.

Just like the post from another poster, absolutely no need whatsoever to call fellow supporters scum, some people have a different opinion from you, just accept it. To think someone referred to you as the best poster on this site.

No issue with others having a different viewpoint. But I'll always stand up for a legendary Hearts figure like Steven Presley when he's being spoken of in the manner some of these alleged 'supporters' do way sooner than I'd be worried about offending them.

They are nothing to Hearts in comparison to the likes of Pressley, Mackay and dare I say it Craig Levein who are all treated appallingly by some on this site. Fortunately the greater support are not indicative of these halfwits. 

No issue with others having a different viewpoint. But I'll always stand up for a legendary Hearts figure like Steven Presley when he's being spoken of in the manner some of these alleged 'supporters' do way sooner than I'd be worried about offending them.

They are nothing to Hearts in comparison to the likes of Pressley, Mackay and dare I say it Craig Levein who are all treated appallingly by some on this site. Fortunately the greater support are not indicative of these halfwits.

Love Big Craig. Pressley remains a shite manager and a snake though.

Hearts First

The Snake told all and sundry he was finished with Scottish football when he was working in England. Now, after being a complete failure down south, he thinks he can slither into the managers seat at Tynecastle? Typical Snake behaviour.

Got to say, although some of your language is a little strong, I wholeheartedly agree.

Mckay in particular. I've always been baffled why our record appearance holder and dyed in the wool Hearts man is treated with such disdain by some on here.

The Snake told all and sundry he was finished with Scottish football when he was working in England. Now, after being a complete failure down south, he thinks he can slither into the managers seat at Tynecastle? Typical Snake behaviour.

Was it Fleetwood who had better facilities than anyone in Scotland. I forget...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Got to say, although some of your language is a little strong, I wholeheartedly agree.

Mckay in particular. I've always been baffled why our record appearance holder and dyed in the wool Hearts man is treated with such disdain by some on here.

Disdain for Gary Mackay is due to his knee-jerk articles. As an example, see his Jon Daly comments earlier this week.

Hearts First

Was it Fleetwood who had better facilities than anyone in Scotland. I forget...

Aye. That rings a bell.

Disdain for Gary Mackay is due to his knee-jerk articles. As an example, see his Jon Daly comments earlier this week.

Disdain for having an opinion that's different to others?

That, to me, is utterly ridiculous.

Big part of that would be his innuendos about Craig Levein not playing in the last league game of 86, because he was a bottler. Or maybe his monkey impression to a black Hibs player. Who knows. Doubt it's anything more cryptic than that.

Son Of Anarchy

I agree. Imagine spelling his name wrong eh? ;)

The silence coming out off Tynecastle is rather amusing as usual.

JKB just can't cope.

I agree. Imagine spelling his name wrong eh? ;)

Haha. Yip, it's one I never seem to get right.

Captain Canada

Er, he took Falkirk down. In addition, no one said he's the worst ever manager (it would be hard to beat Cathro in that one). People are saying his past record isn't good enough.

Put it this way. Had he never played for Hearts, would you want a manager with his record?

Falkirk are not a top flight team. And their record since proves they were punching above their weight.

In an ideal world I'd like us to have a manager with a great track record but none of the names mentioned so far really do. I'd prefer someone like Elvis who at least has managed in different countries than gambling on another rookie like we've done with the last two appointments.

Elvis isn't my first choice for the job but if he gets it then I'll be pleased we have a guy who is desperate to win every game and knows what the club and fans expect.

Lots of people want Sergio back but his recent record is absolutely abysmal.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Disdain for having an opinion that's different to others?

That, to me, is utterly ridiculous.

I was using that as an example. The point being that Gary Mackay is hardly mentioned on here unless it is (i) an article from the EEN or (ii) his relationship with Craig Levein.

As a big Hearts fans of the 80's-90's Geoff and someone who is intelligent enough to know way better I'm surprised you would use such a 'nothing' example as why the shit said about Gary Mackay could be justifiable. Gary Mackay getting paid a few quid (which is literally all it will be) to contribute some soundbites is hardly worthy of some of the disgraceful comment about him on this site. 

Archived