Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Bowmans_Boot

In fact, he has been on radio shows like the now thankfully defunct Real Radio Football Phone In, and been really quite dickish towards Hearts. Now that the arse has fallen out of his managerial career, he's scuttling around trying to squeeze his way back in. He should have been told to f-off as soon as he sat down for the interview.

Yep. But we are meant to welcome our club legend (but utterly shite manager) back with open arms. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a gesture at the ownership of the club, it was directly in front of the Hearts fans to the Celtic support. Why would that be a gesture towards the owners of the club? The guy is a total snake.

:slither:

The post of a "grown man"???

:qqb006:

How about you grow a spine? ...did nasty Pressley beat his chest when playing for Celtic? Awwwwww diddums!

Jesus...get a fecking grip, whooptiedooo!

I'll also point out I'd prefer Freedman given the choice...seems a better fit.

Yep. But we are meant to welcome our club legend (but utterly shite manager) back with open arms.

It would not make me stop my DD, or give up my ST, or any other brain-trust idea like that, but I would definitely be resentful of the appointment. He's burnt his bridges and has done nothing to warrant a return in a managerial capacity. He's a complete dickhead in all honesty and I don't want a dickhead who's a shite manager anywhere near the club I spend so much time and money on.

So when Ann appoints the ledge as numero uno, will she be a snake anaw!!!

Nah, she'll still be a charmer. B)

Definite NO to Pressley.

For all those tiny minority of you vouching for him (clearly according to the polls) he was a a good player we enjoyed at the time.

However as a manager, he is a useless recycled nut job (all this bravado act) with nothing on his CV to suggest otherwise. Please make me understand how a manager who has failed at Coventry and Fleetwood is in contention to turn things around at Hearts?

Oh wait, what's even worse is we have potentially Dougie Freedman who has managed Crystal Palace (now in PL thanks to him), Bolton (not relegated thanks to him), and Forest (provided stability and developed the potentially best Scottish youngster among a few others).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is just helping the ledge get up that managerial l'adder!!!!

Hairy man speak with forked tongue.

So when Ann appoints the ledge as numero uno, will she be a snake anaw!!!

Only if she stands on the pitch beating her chest/pointing at us lot...whilst Pressley walks out the tunnel announced as the new boss.

Definite NO to Pressley.

For all those tiny minority of you vouching for him (clearly according to the polls) he was a a good player we enjoyed at the time.

However as a manager, he is a useless recycled nut job (all this bravado act) with nothing on his CV to suggest otherwise. Please make me understand how a manager who has failed at Coventry and Fleetwood is in contention to turn things around at Hearts?

Oh wait, what's even worse is we have potentially Dougie Freedman who has managed Crystal Palace (now in PL thanks to him), Bolton (not relegated thanks to him), and Forest (provided stability and developed the potentially best Scottish youngster among a few others).

Palace aren't in the Prem thanks to Dougie Freedman ffs :lol:

Palace aren't in the Prem thanks to Dougie Freedman ffs :lol:

They are indirectly. He laid the foundations and signed all the shrewd players. Holloway just made it into the playoffs on last day of season if you still remember he was struggling. Had gone with 1 win in 10 before the playoffs.

Either way their squad would have gone up that season or the next with players like, Bolasie and Murray etc

Which concerns me...maybe Freedman is better at spotting a player/acting as a scout, then he is at actually managing/setting out tactics/motivating players etc.

Which concerns me...maybe Freedman is better at spotting a player/acting as a scout, then he is at actually managing/setting out tactics/motivating players etc.

That would still make him a better manager than Pressley.

They are indirectly. He laid the foundations and signed all the shrewd players. Holloway just made it into the playoffs on last day of season if you still remember he was struggling. Had gone with 1 win in 10 before the playoffs.

Either way their squad would have gone up that season or the next with players like, Bolasie and Murray etc

I hope Dougies paying you top rate for this.

That's a bit like saying it was Nigel Pearson who won the league for Leicester. I appreciate the work done at Palace but a lot of people have to have credit for not only getting them promoted but still there and that's very minamilly down to DF.

That would still make him a better manager than Pressley.

Not disputing that, as I said earlier I'd prefer Freedman to Pressley.

At least Freedman has had some success as a Manager.

I'm hoping someone is being kept well under wraps that's superior...but probably not.

Definite NO to Pressley.

Agree with your first sentence. But you are coming across as a bit of a desperate nut job re Freedman.

Not disputing that, as I said earlier I'd prefer Freedman to Pressley.

At least Freedman has had some success as a Manager.

I'm hoping someone is being kept well under wraps that's superior...but probably not.

Could be. I think a couple of the names discussed look like decent shouts, but if there is a wee gem that we don't know about yet, that would be very good indeed. :thumbsup:

Watt-Zeefuik

The thing he did in the Celtic top doesn't bother me, perhaps because I wasn't there.

But I don't want him because in most of his career he's failed as a manager even has he's dropped down the English pyramid trying to find his level.

If he gets the job I'll back him fully.  At least unless and until he shows a penchant for Cathro-like losing.

Son Of Anarchy

In fact, he has been on radio shows like the now thankfully defunct Real Radio Football Phone In, and been really quite dickish towards Hearts. Now that the arse has fallen out of his managerial career, he's scuttling around trying to squeeze his way back in. He should have been told to f-off as soon as he sat down for the interview.

Absolutely spot on.

It wasn't a gesture at the ownership of the club, it was directly in front of the Hearts fans to the Celtic support. Why would that be a gesture towards the owners of the club? The guy is a total snake.

So much revisionism from grown men who had their fragile feelings hurt that day.

Pressley got booed out of the place every time he got near the ball, Celtic won a hard-fought game and he celebrated in front of the away fans.

He was a passionate fighter of a player, and that extended to whatever team he played for. Get over yourselves ffs.

Whether he is a good enough manager is in question, but he didn't betray hearts in any way. He stood up to Romanov and lost his job over it.

Many on here at the time were falling over themselves to claim him, Harltey and Gordon were acting in self-interest to get a move away, such were the Vlad blinkers at the time

So much revisionism from grown men who had their fragile feelings hurt that day.

Pressley got booed out of the place every time he got near the ball, Celtic won a hard-fought game and he celebrated in front of the away fans.

He was a passionate fighter of a player, and that extended to whatever team he played for. Get over yourselves ffs.

Whether he is a good enough manager is in question, but he didn't betray hearts in any way. He stood up to Romanov and lost his job over it.

Many on here at the time were falling over themselves to claim him, Harltey and Gordon were acting in self-interest to get a move away, such were the Vlad blinkers at the time

Romanov saved HMFC. That trumps Thumper and his over-inflated snidey ego. He acted like a ***** and has done a few times since.

Clerry Jambo

Romanov saved HMFC. That trumps Thumper and his over-inflated snidey ego. He acted like a ***** and has done a few times since.

......and Romanov didn't act like a *****!!!

Bowmans_Boot

It would not make me stop my DD, or give up my ST, or any other brain-trust idea like that, but I would definitely be resentful of the appointment. He's burnt his bridges and has done nothing to warrant a return in a managerial capacity. He's a complete dickhead in all honesty and I don't want a dickhead who's a shite manager anywhere near the club I spend so much time and money on.

Of course, we should continue to back the club fully. However, I would be disappointed and feel let down if he were to be appointed. And it would be short term thinking as he would have little time to win the fans over. 

Son Of Anarchy

He was applauded onto the pitch. Vlad wasn't even there that game. He's subsequently been derogatory about us. He's outdone his immense work as captain etc. He was a legend, he's now as dead as his namesake to many fans including me.

Add in the fact that wee Hibby pr1ck Strachan made him captain that day just to wind up the Hearts fans and made it even more toxic.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Can't help but wonder if Pressley had done exactly the same thing whilst playing for another team...for arguments sake Rangers, would there be the same pre-pubescent 'snake' screams anytime his name was mentioned?

Please tell me it's not grown men acting in this way?!

FFS, I couldn't care if he ran along the side of the pitch high-fiving the Celtic support whilst shaking his bare arse at us lot...if he was to come in and do well as our manager, that's all that matters (although I highly doubt it with his track record thus far in Management...even with the extenuating circumstances at the clubs he's managed before).

But there's always a first time (he could come in, and it could just click)...and for that reason, whoever the Board choose to appoint will get my support/encouragement to do well.

Personally speaking if he'd done that in any team's colours Id feel the same way. I can't speak for others though. I really dislike Jamie Walker for his current conduct.

It's concerning he was even interviewed tbh.

It's concerning that he is the only confirmed interview so far

Personally speaking if he'd done that in any team's colours Id feel the same way. I can't speak for others though. I really dislike Jamie Walker for his current conduct.

This. I find it bizarre how he is be8bg treated like a god.

For me his current antics are alot more snake like than Pressley.

Hardly desperate, more factual and how the process should work. Have you never made a mistake in life after basing things on your past experience Geoff? The last appointment didn't work out, it has ended, we move on and find a new candidate based on what the club deem the requirements and what we can afford. What is desperate about that?

If Big Elvis is the best we can afford or indeed aspire to we are Donald Ducked in afraid , his CV is nothing short of horrendous

Stephen Muddie

Uninspired. Better not get the job is all I can be bothered to express.

Folk slagged cathros interviews, understandably cos he is a total slaver. But... Can.. You.. Himagine.... How... Horrendous.... His... Hinterviews... Would... Be

I understand interviews mean nothing against results but please god if you're reading kicvkback, get this ***** to ****

I'm not a prrssley hater, yes and my tablet doesn't know his name, but such is my low regard for him as a manager I CBA even correcting typos

:muggy:

I loved him.

He was iconic for me.

I was there at Tynecastle.

He was a ****ing disgrace to us fans.

I hate him more than any other ex- player.

I'll honestly not support a Pressley team.

I'm sure the delay is down to negotiation with the NI FA.

Definite NO to Pressley.

Fairly sure EP stopped Coventry from gettting relegated despite a ten point deduction ?? You can't use it as a good trait for one but not the other.

Let's not forget he also called a Hearts a 'provincial' club and that his Scottish Cup wins at Celtic were 'a lot more satisfying that when at Hearts'

Complete snake. No way wilill I ever take him back at Hearts.

I loved him.

He was iconic for me.

He was a ******* disgrace to us fans.

:lol: behave. Michael O'Neil will quite rightly be away down South when his epic reign of NI is done. Northern Ireland are just going to let him go with 3 games left for next to nothing too :lol:

Hold up is due to holidays as was reported well before the Killie match in the media and so far that's happened.

Let's not forget he also called a Hearts a 'provincial' club and that his Scottish Cup wins at Celtic were 'a lot more satisfying that when at Hearts'

So he did :lol: I bet you ?100 to any charity here and now he never said any Scottish Cup win was more satisfying.

Bungalow Bill

I loved him.

He was iconic for me.

Agree with everything except the last point. I couldn't not support the team.

Bungalow Bill

I believe he said ?When you win it at a provincial club, the sense of achievement is far greater?.

He mistakingly referred to us as a provincial club.

16 pages on a guy who won't be the next manager...I bet Anns on her boat pishing herself at grown men getting so wound up by something that's not happened.

He's a former captain and currently plying his trade as a manager...it would be ridiculous not to at least hear what he has to say.

I loved him.

He was iconic for me.

:spoton:

Apart from the last bit

We really do have some absolute scum amongst our support. 

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

Deary deary me. Complete weirdos.

Fairly sure EP stopped Coventry from gettting relegated despite a ten point deduction ?? You can't use it as a good trait for one but not the other.

You can if Dougie pays you to

Son Of Anarchy

We really do have some absolute scum amongst our support.

"Hate" Steven Pressley.

Deary deary me. Complete weirdos.

In what way does hating an ex player equate to scum as opposed to say, idiotic?

16 pages on a guy who won't be the next manager...I bet Anns on her boat pishing herself at grown men getting so wound up by something that's not happened.

He's a former captain and currently plying his trade as a manager...it would be ridiculous not to at least hear what he has to say.

If it was that definite why even bother with interviewing him ?

Bowmans_Boot

He isnt "currently plying his trade as a manager" because he was a shite manager and no club wants him. That hopefully includes us.

Archived