Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im sure that will be a factor. Lochend cockends trying to be funny

:cornette:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They hadn't a clue what he was talking about anyway.

The Stanley Unwin of football management.

Brilliant! Stanley Unwin was easier to understand though.

So people are claiming he's 'too easy to take the piss out of' now?

I'd rather have a guy who stands with a brolly in the rain and puts on daft accents than an alcoholic wife beater

Ffs. They can't all be as cool as Sergio or Robbie! [emoji41]

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Perhaps the people who have doubts about McClaren might be Hearts fans with a different point of view, no?

Perhaps.

Who that's applied have a managerial record like McLaren's?

We could do a lot worse is what I'm thinking.

Perhaps.

No one on here will know who has all applied for the job though.

Perhaps.

This. Starting to think I'll be disappointed if someone else gets the job.

Lucille's Thirsty

No one on here will know who has all applied for the job though.

Correct.

Of the ones mentioned he's by far the outstanding candidate?

Really? Are they?

Every H1b5 friend I have are texting me "are you really wanting the 'Wally with the Brolly'?

They're all having a good old chuckle- and putting on false Dutch accents!

He may be hugely qualified and a name coup but be braced with the easy piss taking.

They're running scared mate.

McClaren v Lennon......no contest....!

Lucille's Thirsty

This. Starting to think I'll be disappointed if someone else gets the job.

If McLaren has applied then that should be that I mean you interview potential candidates but as a club of our size we shouldn't be turning down a ex England manager.

Even if he hasn't pulled up any trees in last few years.

Lucille's Thirsty

I know what did Lennon do down in England.

:lol:

blackrebel1978

Mclaren would be a fantastic appointment. High profile manager, tons of experience, bound to have fantastic contacts. Doesn't matter if he has been sacked from other clubs as I have heard people mention, what manager hasn't? Jose Mourinho been sacked twice by Chelsea. Will be disappointed if Mclaren wants this job and doesnt get it. Also want to hear him try a Scottish accent like another poster mentioned.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So people are claiming he's 'too easy to take the piss out of' now?

I'd rather have a guy who stands with a brolly in the rain and puts on daft accents than an alcoholic wife beater

:wow:

:gok:

Deserves 2 :lol:

Ryan Jarman

Lennon's stock was so low down south he had to come back to Scotland to take over Hibs in The Championship. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Lennon's stock was so low down south he had to come back to Scotland to take over Hibs in The Championship.

Came back with his tail tucked between his legs and took the first job that came.

Lucille's Thirsty

will be gutted if its no him

Disappointed?

I will give the new manager all the support in the world as long as it's not Daly,Fox or McPhee.

I will go as far as to say (not knowing all who have applied) we will look silly if we give the job to some one else esp if SM really wants it. He is minted so salary will not be the be all and end all, plus a beautiful city and huge potential to unlock.

If McLaren has applied then that should be that I mean you interview potential candidates but as a club of our size we shouldn't be turning down a ex England manager.

Even if he hasn't pulled up any trees in last few years.

That's a pretty simplistic view though. While he may be the most high profile and experienced candidate that doesn't necessarily make him the best fit for Hearts. For example what would his transfer policy be, his views on the squad, his OTE etc. Not saying he's not a fit but the club have to get this right assuming he's coming in on a minimum 2 year deal sacking managers is not a cheap business.

Ah I'll say it again, McClaren is the outstanding candidate here, anyone saying otherwise is aff their bonce.

Walter Kidd

McLaren would be an outstanding appointment.  Unsure of delay in announcing him, that he might be too expensive for our tastes.

McLaren would be an outstanding appointment. Unsure of delay in announcing him, that he might be too expensive for our tastes.

just doing things properly I would expect.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The interview process here will be portfolio and presentation followed by tours and dinner. I feel sure each person is going to be given a good chance to present a case.

Budget though. Its not our ally

wattie exploited

I hope it does.  It's not an experiment this time, its a bloody good appointment.  

Wages could be the stumbling block though.  

don,t think so he is a millionaire  so money will not be a problem 

McLaren would be an outstanding appointment.  Unsure of delay in announcing him, that he might be too expensive for our tastes.

I assume we have made some tentative phone calls this week to a some of the players on the short list. I guess Hearts have a few room booked at Dalmohoy next week and will invite them for a look around.

Ah I'll say it again, McClaren is the outstanding candidate here, anyone saying otherwise is aff their bonce.

And I'll reply to you again as I did last night.

You are spot on.

He is head and shoulders above the rest and we should all be sitting with fingers crossed that he gets the job.

So todays excuse is people are getting the piss taken out of them.

Keep up the good work kickback.

So todays excuse is people are getting the piss taken out of them.

Keep up the good work kickback.

Correct.

Ex-England manager or Peter Houston??

Wait, let me ponder over that one..

The interview process here will be portfolio and presentation followed by tours and dinner. I feel sure each person is going to be given a good chance to present a case.

Budget though. Its not our ally

Not sure how I feel about this one ... I worked with one of the candidates at the end of last year on his presentation. Wouldn't be too disappointed if he got it but of course, it would all be down to me if he did get the position ;)

I was speaking to Andrew Davies of Ross County in January, we were talking a while about the clubs he'd played for in England, asked out of curiosity who the best manager was that he had played under, his answer before I'd even finished my question was Steve McClaren. He couldn't praise him enough.

Mclaren would want to be the head honcho when it comes to the team.Style of play,formations etc.He'd also want his own assistants imo and this may prove to be the ideals which in the end means he won't be manager.Hope i'm wrong and a compromise is met.

I think it can go wrong for managers for lots of different reasons.

Just because of Derby or Newcastle doesn't mean McLaren still isn't a top coach.

Just had a wee look at Vermin.net.

Apart from slagging McClaren one of the idiots reckons that Berra would be their 5th choice centre back :rolleyes:

Phil D. Corners

I was chatting to an English mate last night who is knowledgeable about football. I.e. I respect his opinion.

His view on McClaren was that he is a poor manger but a great coach. He said his weekness was day to day stuff and identifying good players. When I told him we had a DoF and chief scout he had a big smile and said that would really work for in his favour.

So he in now pretty positive and excited about him potentially coming to Hearts setup.

Positive.

Exactly.

Neil Lennon. The tube without the toothpaste.

I think it can go wrong for managers for lots of different reasons.

Just because of Derby or Newcastle doesn't mean McLaren still isn't a top coach.

You missed out Wolfsburg, England and Nottingham Forest...

Cruyff Turn

From what I've read about McClaren is that he is a 'coach' not a tactician or a motivator. Bobby Robson was similar in that respect.

He doesn't usually have his 'own' staff although given his skill set is on the training field and coaching players to do certain things on the park, we would possibly need someone in there that is a motivator and another who is more of an analyst (Macphee?).

I was speaking to Andrew Davies of Ross County in January, we were talking a while about the clubs he'd played for in England, asked out of curiosity who the best manager was that he had played under, his answer before I'd even finished my question was Steve McClaren. He couldn't praise him enough.

Could do worse than sign that lad too btw

August Landmesser

Exactly.

Neil Lennon. The tube without the toothpaste.

:rofl: brilliant!

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

RustyRightPeg

Could do worse than sign that lad too btw

Agreed. Old fashioned CB.

From what I've read about McClaren is that he is a 'coach' not a tactician or a motivator. Bobby Robson was similar in that respect.

He doesn't usually have his 'own' staff although given his skill set is on the training field and coaching players to do certain things on the park, we would possibly need someone in there that is a motivator and another who is more of an analyst (Macphee?).

So.He can't motivate or do the tactical side of the game?.He is however a coach?.That's Cathro.I'm puzzled.

Not sure how I feel about this one ... I worked with one of the candidates at the end of last year on his presentation. Wouldn't be too disappointed if he got it but of course, it would all be down to me if he did get the position ;)

Come on then are you going to give any clues as to who this might be?

Come on then are you going to give any clues as to who this might be?

Somebody that recently done his badges I'd say.

Archived