Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Had a quick skim of a number of other threads and didn't see his name mentioned. Have heard on good authority from someone who has long been a reliable source of info that he has applied and is very interested in being our Head Coach. he is currently unemployed and lives in the north of England so there is no compensation and he is located very well. Clearly he has earned huge amounts of money in his career and whilst he wouldn't work for hee haw he is well aware that we can't offer the kind of money he would command down south. 

Of course he has had some serious ups and downs throughout his managerial career but I mean c'mon his experience and knowledge of the game is top drawer and his contact list for players will be phenomenal. 

Anyway, just throwing it out there. I have no idea whether Hearts would be seriously considering him as a possibility and compensation may still be a huge stumbling block as might be his want to bring in his own staff. What I will say is it just goes to show the level of people attracted to our club, to Edinburgh, to our stadium and the fantastic facilities at Riccarton and of course to our fanbase. Makes a mockery of our decision to blood young and inexperienced coaches. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

We're not going to be blooding a young coach this time..

I choose Paulo.. Sadly I don't think it'll happen

The wally with the brolly no thanks...i wonder if he would put a fake Scottish accent on.

Actually thats harsh he has had some very good success as well as failure.

Been a bucket load of moronic idiotic experienced managers/head coaches that are prepared to work under Craig Levein.

I want the coach/manager that hasnt applied and won't go near us with a barge pole as long as Levein is still in charge of EVERYTHING.

The wally with the brolly no thanks...i wonder if he would put a fake Scottish accent on.

Lol, ridiculous to dismiss him due to his England record. Has had a phenomenal career and would be a huge name for Hearts to attract.

Lol, ridiculous to dismiss him due to his England record. Has had a phenomenal career and would be a huge name for Hearts to attract.

True i did correct my post.

He seems to have two extremes. He either does really well, or he does terribly.

If he is genuinely interested though, it says a lot about the standing of the club.

No thanks, I still cringe at the phoney Dutch accent.

Won the Dutch Championship with Twente for the first time in their History!!!  He can put on a fake Scottish accent as much as he wants if he takes us to the title! 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Yes please!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Still Paulo for me. 

I think Mcclaren would be off down south as soon as some shitey job like Bolton opens up.

Elias Henry Furst

Anyone saying no to this is clueless, quite frankly.

A brilliant coach.

Not that I think for a minute it'd ever happen.

Won the Dutch Championship with Twente for the first time in their History!!! He can put on a fake Scottish accent as much as he wants if he takes us to the title!

He could put on a fake Scottish accent if he so desires Mr H, don't think he would be able to take us to a title though, IMO of course.

That uefa cup run was my favourite of any team in recent times. Incredible scenes. He would be a brilliant signing.

He could put on a fake Scottish accent if he so desires Mr H, don't think he would be able to take us to a title though, IMO of course.

Haha indeed but was just pointing out he has a track record of winning with a serious underdog!  A cup or two would suffice!

Imagine how clueless you must be to want Sergio before McClaren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruyff Turn

Hard to say how I feel about this one given how he has been treated in the English media.

His coaching experience and knowledge is immense however.

Won the League Cup with Boro and got them to the UEFA cup final.

Won the Eredivisie with FC Twente

If this is true it makes you wonder the calibre of some of the other coaches interested.

John mcCartney

i fancy lennon isnt going to be getting it all his way this season

hmfc can pull out a big one if it aims that way,no doubt

lets do it hearts ,you have a few more seats to fill in this new era of ours..........top dogs once more with a pedigree manager

Tennant's  6's

That's a left field name.

By all accounts he's a well respected coach, just not a great manager but he would command respect for the level of player in this country.

Still hope it O'Neil but wouldn't mind Housten

Haha indeed but was just pointing out he has a track record of winning with a serious underdog!  A cup or two would suffice!

Agreed, I think he would motivate what players we have at the moment.

Cruyff Turn

Imagine how clueless you must be to want Sergio before McClaren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, all misty eyed sentimental pish if the likes of McClaren have thrown their hat into the ring.

Cruyff Turn

Surely we can't afford what he'd be looking for.

If it's true he will know we are a fan funded club and a club in Scotland with limited resources.

Maybe just wants a good job in football away from the English press.

So Make Some Noise..

I wouldn't take him being on sky bet as any indication, they have David Obua at 33/1 as our next head coach.. WTF?  :uhoh2:

I thought it was strange his name popped up on skybet out of nowhere.

22/1!  Would be a phenomenal appointment.  If the odds start dropping, I'll start .

If true and going by all the names to date linked, he's top of the list.

Would be a "coooo"!

It must be noted too that managers don't apply for jobs to price themselves out. Or shouldn't. They should be well gen'd up on the financial clout of the club they are applying to.

Surely we can't afford what he'd be looking for.

As I said in my OP its clearly the first thought in terms of a stumbling block. However this is a very very rich man. He has been paid off a number of times and has managed several English clubs who will have paid him vast sums of money. Never mind he was the national coach on what was probably a ludicrous salary and a huge pay off. I very much doubt money is his be all and ends all nowadays. He has 3 kids and is based in northern England so Edinburgh is probably very attractive to him. Definitely a guy who loves football and possibly thinks the Hearts job is somewhere he won't be under the same level of scrutiny (like at Twente) and he can coach and enjoy managing a club of our size.

Who knows but again one of the main points here is that Hearts are a very attractive proposition especially to those out of work! 

What a list of folk for the job...... The club regeneration has really caught the imagination of potential managers. Mrs Budge saying that an "experienced" manager was required has really set the heather afire...

PaulHartley10

22/1! Would be a phenomenal appointment. If the odds start dropping, I'll start ######.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it but clearly someone has had a punt for him to be added!

A quick google throws up 2.5 million pay off from England, 1.7 million for 8 months work at Newcastle, "huge payoff from Derby" etc etc.

If he's interested in Hearts it ain't for the money!

Fly the Saltire

Every unemployed waster puts their name forward for every vacancy in order to increase their profile for any possible job.

It was running joke that Stuart Baxter put his name forward for every Scottish job going but fair doos to him, he is now  the current head coach of both South African club SuperSport United and the South Africa national team

I wouldn't take him being on sky bet as any indication, they have David Obua at 33/1 as our next head coach.. WTF?  :uhoh2:

I think all the 33/1 bets are pretty much for chuckles or publicity.  Presumably they hope the papers run stories about them having Obua or McInnes, or it gives them cover to pay the papers to run stories.  

Also 33/1 is the highest odds you'll get for any living person, so anyone not on the list is also technically 33/1 .  I am 33/1 to be next head coach, for example.

So Make Some Noise..

I think all the 33/1 bets are pretty much for chuckles or publicity.  Presumably they hope the papers run stories about them having Obua or McInnes, or it gives them cover to pay the papers to run stories.  

Also 33/1 is the highest odds you'll get for any living person, so anyone not on the list is also technically 33/1 .  I am 33/1 to be next head coach, for example.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for explaining, just found it a bit random! 

Why do English championship clubs and higher not have him, hard to believe we could be in for him with the money and reputation he has earned at other clubs.

Archived