Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Bbc where bigging hearts and McLaren up on the show last night and had Dougie Freedman almost rimming Levein. Utter paranoia.

Whats paranoia? The rimming or the media's hobby of laughing it up when Hearts slip on their own banana skin?

I have seen enough of it down the decades to know that they love to kick any potential challenger to their Glasgow darlings. Thats both off & on the park news.

Cant have Hearts getting positive news now can we.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats paranoia? The rimming or the media's hobby of laughing it up when Hearts slip on their own banana skin?

I have seen enough of it down the decades to know that they love to kick any potential challenger to their Glasgow darlings. Thats both off & on the park news.

Cant have Hearts getting positive news now can we.

I can't remember them turning on Aberdeen much when they split the old firm last season and made both cup finals nor when they gave them a run for their money under Deila. McInnes stays, positive all round. Budge gets all the praise in the world. On the pitch they sadly have a point but aye, paranoia. Sell out crowds they love too.

I can't remember them turning on Aberdeen much when they split the old firm last season and made both cup finals nor when they gave them a run for their money under Deila. McInnes stays, positive all round. Budge gets all the praise in the world. On the pitch they sadly have a point but aye, paranoia. Sell out crowds they love too.

The media is full of sheep fans!

The Levein picture is a blatant invasion of his privacy, and bang out of order.

And a call for Budge to 'have a word in his ear' is patronising and therefore also bang out of order.

Levein has no case to answer whatsoever.

Next week, a bearded man in a cloak, trilby & dark glasses, wanders into Coral's and places a sizeable bet.

Stay tuned for more.

Terry Pratchett?

What would you say if your boss had a word in your ear about you posting shite on KB in your own time?

:rofl:

Thanks to mobile phones having cameras it's a craze tbh. But I agree there's a difference in asking for a selfie & taking a sly snap of someone without their consent.

Somebody should have a word in their ear.

What would you say if your boss had a word in your ear about you posting shite on KB in your own time?

:gok:   :bravo:

I just don't get why this would even be considered a terrible thing? As long as he's not betting on anything he has any influence over, who cares? In fact, I once tried to place a football bet on Hearts at the Coral on Shandwick place and the boy behind the counter didn't have a scooby. He said we don't normally do many football bets, we are more aimed at racing.

I find that surprising.

Bookies main source of income is FOBTs. Second is football betting.

Do you think he did a good job at England, Wolfsburg, Forest or Newcastle?

How did JJ do at Bradford? or Levein at Leicester

Geoff Kilpatrick

Does not compute. Who would employ Question in Hamilton when you hear his questions in an interview?

Thanks to mobile phones having cameras it's a craze tbh. But I agree there's a difference in asking for a selfie & taking a sly snap of someone without their consent.

Yeah mate. That's pretty much how I see it too. Wasn't saying you were being creepy by the way. :thumbsup:

I find that surprising.

Yeah, me too. Apparently Coral are predominantly nags though.

Steve McClaren is quite simply the outstanding candidate so far.

Anyone saying different is off their bonce.

I find that surprising.

Just had a look at their site online however, and it goes straight to the football odds... so maybe the boy was yanking my chain in the shop! :lol:

He would be able to attract big names to the club. Also a good manager. I just don't think we could afford his salary nor do I think he'd work under levein. Imagine that the former England and Scotland manager at the helms.

On sacked managers.....

We sacked Burley

Just saying.

That disnae count it was done by an egotistical mentalist.

Tokyo Drifter

Can't stand Steve McLaren generally but I have to admit I think he's the guy for us: a wealth of experience, still got loads to offer, clearly likes and is impressed by the club (he was at the 2-0 Rangers game, Robbie's last) and I doubt there's a single player in the whole squad who has ever worked with a manager of his standing. Hopefully they would respond to that and perform accordingly. I'm guessing his continental contacts are pretty good too, having worked at Wolfsburg (albeit briefly) and at FC Twente. Can't see a better candidate. Sorry, Edgar.

Does he have a preferred number two that follows him around!

I know McPhee will stay but this level of manager normally does have a tried and trusted assistant

Paul Simpson. Springs to mind but not sure

i wish jj was my dad

Fair point of course, but all the more reason for the Director of Football and board member of Heart of Midlothian FC to maintain a public profile that doesn't suggest he spends a chunk of his out of office time in the bookies.

You really are quite creepy. Seek help.

Benny Factor

Would he not need a job first before he could have a boss???? :)

Factually incorrect, he is not

Same agency however, one that has had a number of hearts players on its books over the years. Heard tonight that the agency in question is the main reason McLaren is even in the equation.

Can't stand Steve McLaren generally but I have to admit I think he's the guy for us: a wealth of experience, still got loads to offer, clearly likes and is impressed by the club (he was at the 2-0 Rangers game, Robbie's last) and I doubt there's a single player in the whole squad who has ever worked with a manager of his standing. Hopefully they would respond to that and perform accordingly. I'm guessing his continental contacts are pretty good too, having worked at Wolfsburg (albeit briefly) and at FC Twente. Can't see a better candidate. Sorry, Edgar.

Aaron Hughes played under Kenny Dalglish and Ruud Gullit. Five European Cups between them and Dalglish won the league as manager with two different teams.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Clean forgot he was interviewed after burley got sacked. [emoji1]

What's the odd's on McLaren ?. [emoji4]2d86a623fbeadf4326dd2b6724e4561f.jpg

Looks like the Coral bookies in Rosyth, on the Kincardine Road. Seen him in there a few times.

I know players can't bet on games but what is the rule on chairmen/DOF etc?

He may be betting on the regnal name of the next Holy Father.

Aye and he also might have been betting on Kilmarnock to have over 2.5 corners

Aye and he also might have been betting on Kilmarnock to have over 2.5 corners

He could have but I reckon his beloved SFA may have noticed his hiding in plain sight plan.

He's having a wee punt on himself dropping to under 15 stone before he gets the HMFC gig.

He'll lose.

Aaron Hughes played under Kenny Dalglish and Ruud Gullit. Five European Cups between them and Dalglish won the league as manager with two different teams.

There's also Randall who's played under Klopp. And Sammon...bizarrley under McClaren himself

Steve McClaren is quite simply the outstanding candidate so far.

Anyone saying different is off their bonce.

This does not happen often but, I totally agree with this post.

McClaren is head and shoulders above the other applicants.

For me it's between McLaren and Freedman.

Assuming we can afford the salaries of course.

If we can't afford them then it would be someone like Houston but we must have someone with good experience this time.

For the record people who take and post pictures without the subjects consent are weird and should be arrested imo of course.

Fraggle1990

Can't believe Leveins been getting grief about being in the bookies. People will genuinely moan about anything.

Can't believe Leveins been getting grief about being in the bookies. People will genuinely moan about anything.

Only getting grief from two posters. One who agreed with the other.

For me it's between McLaren and Freedman.

Assuming we can afford the salaries of course.

If we can't afford them then it would be someone like Houston but we must have someone with good experience this time.

For the record people who take and post pictures without the subjects consent are weird and should be arrested imo of course.

I'm guessing a shortlist of 5 (because it's a nice number) of MacLaren, Freedman, Pressley, Boothroyd and Hartley. And that's probably wrong as the press has said there are names in the frame that haven't got out, although why they wouldn't release them I don't know. So not sure if that's to be believed.

I only didn't include Houston and O'Neill because I assume we'd need permission to speak to their employers and all that. 

Fraggle1990

Only getting grief from two posters. One who agreed with the other.

Actually been getting alot from facebook and also other threads but since seeing picture pop up here I thought I would mention it.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm guessing a shortlist of 5 (because it's a nice number) of MacLaren, Freedman, Pressley, Boothroyd and Hartley. And that's probably wrong as the press has said there are names in the frame that haven't got out, although why they wouldn't release them I don't know. So not sure if that's to be believed.

I only didn't include Houston and O'Neill because I assume we'd need permission to speak to their employers and all that. 

Maybe they're in jobs at the moment and are seeing if we are interested.

Actually been getting alot from facebook and also other threads but since seeing picture pop up here I thought I would mention it.

No worries. People with an issue with Levein will continue to have sly digs.

No worries. People with an issue with Levein will continue to have sly digs.

Notts do you know anything about the new head coach as you seemed reliable with signings

Maybe they're in jobs at the moment and are seeing if we are interested.

Yeah, I mean if the press know these names they would surely write about it. If they just know there are "names" being considered that could be anyone.

WheatfieldWarrior

Well, Cowie worked with Levein at Scotland....

What are the odds on that!  :laugh4:  :laugh4:

Archived