Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Son Of Anarchy

what like his last 6 clubs he last one something like 11 years ago i think ? :verysmug:

Wrong.

Sorry already pointed out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

sorry I stand corrected 

I'll only accept your apology if your play a cover version of Leo Sayer's "When I Need You" at the next gig.

scott herbertson

I have no great reason but just don't fancy him for the job. I was delighted when he got the England job and mocked my pals down here because I was sure he was going to fail. They're going to laugh at me if he gets the Hearts gig. My feelings about him aren't rationale, just gut.

I agree money wouldn't be a problem for him. I think he loves football and likes the limelight, and that would be enough.

Perfectly happy to be proved wrong but I'm hoping for O'Neil, Freedman or Archibald, all of whom I think would inspire the fans more i the medium term.

scott herbertson

I'll only accept your apology if your play a cover version of Leo Sayer's "When I Need You" at the next gig.

Surely "you make me feel like dancing"

Rick Grimes

:lol:

It's 3 weeks but yes its going to be tight. Although I do worry that Ann is away next week....if she leaves CL in charge who knows what will happen...he might just go mad in the market while she's no looking!

I think we'll have a new keeper next week though.

Where is Ann off to? If it is on a jolly jaunt then surely the current situation at the club calls for her to be postponing until things fixed and set in stone. I know everyone needs a break, but its surely all hands on deck - she's the 'main man'!  

Very little time and a lot to do, as previously mentioned Jack & pals are just not good enough.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill is fairly hanging his colours to the Shhteve mast.

It's almost like he knows someone who maybe or maybe not have some inside info.

Nah, I'm not on here to try and be seen to back the winning horse. Three days ago I was wanting Paulo Sergio.

If it's Freedman, Houston, Sergio, Hartley or anyone else given the job then I would argue for or against depending on how I see it in that moment.

There's no doubt McClaren has a mixed CV but I'm backing him because I think it would be fun to see it happen and that he is a very high profile case. I think he's a good couch who could do a good job but being honest, mostly because it would be interesting.

Nah, I'm not on here to try and be seen to back the winning horse. Three days ago I was wanting Paulo Sergio.

If it's Freedman, Houston, Sergio, Hartley or anyone else given the job then I would argue for or against depending on how I see it in that moment.

There's no doubt McClaren has a mixed CV but I'm backing him because I think it would be fun to see it happen and that he is a very high profile case. I think he's a good couch who could do a good job but being honest, mostly because it would be interesting.

I was being less than serious.

I would be dancing in the streets of Burton if Shteve was appointed.

I would prefer him as a coach rather than couch though!!

Buffalo Bill

I was being less than serious.

I know, but I didn't respond to it then it looks like I'm ignoring you! 

And if I joke with my response then it looks like you're onto something!

Cruyff Turn

I don't think wages will be an issue at all. If Schteve is interested in this job it would be for football reasons.

The only problem I foresee is that he's a good coach, not a miracle worker and with the days rapidly ticking by until the window slams shut we are 5-6 players away from a competitive squad. GK, 2XCM, 2xWingers minimum. Massive expectations would come with a name like his and you know how fickle and impatient our support can be.

If he comes here he needs the players as well.

I know, but I didn't respond to it then it looks like I'm ignoring you!

And if I joke with my response then it looks like you're onto something!

No problem.

I'm never onto anything!!

Buffalo Bill

I don't think wages will be an issue at all. If Schteve is interested in this job it would be for football reasons.

The only problem I foresee is that he's a good coach, not a miracle worker and with the days rapidly ticking by until the window slams shut we are 5-6 players away from a competitive squad. GK, 2XCM, 2xWingers minimum. Massive expectations would come with a name like his and you know how fickle and impatient our support can be.

If he comes here he needs the players as well.

I think that no matter who comes in and when, we should NOW be trying to sign the right players when they are available whether it's today, tomorrow or Aug 31st.

Put it this way, I'd rather Craig Levein sighed a new goalie now, than McClaren or someone missing out on his own target come the end of the month. 

And if we sign a couple of players in needed positions before the new HC comes in, then that's two less for him to worry about when he's drawing up a list of his own targets.

Lucille's Thirsty

Let's skip the flirting and foreplay. Shteve is a BOSS!

Penetration.

:lol:

Threw up.

Worst part is... I'm probably more attractive than every lassie you've been close to.

I'm pretty damn handsome. B)

And yet he is nowhere near the worst that accolade falls to Kevin Keegan

Wouldn't agree with that, Keegan at least qualified for a tournament.

Wouldn't agree with that, Keegan at least qualified for a tournament.

38% win record is pretty much the lowest there is

I think that no matter who comes in and when, we should NOW be trying to sign the right players when they are available whether it's today, tomorrow or Aug 31st.

Put it this way, I'd rather Craig Levein sighed a new goalie now, than McClaren or someone missing out on his own target come the end of the month. 

And if we sign a couple of players in needed positions before the new HC comes in, then that's two less for him to worry about when he's drawing up a list of his own targets.

:2thumbsup:

Not sure if mentioned but he was at Tynie today.

I'm surprised it's not all over Twitter/JKB that someone so high profile turns up in Edinburgh for a job interview.

ScottieMac17

I wouldn't be displeased if we got him but i wouldn't say i would pick him. I do like the sound of Freedman though.

wattie exploited

:taz:

Worst part is... I'm probably more attractive than every lassie you've been close to.

I'm pretty damn handsome. B)

Incredibly modest with it.

RustyRightPeg

I'm surprised it's not all over Twitter/JKB that someone so high profile turns up in Edinburgh for a job interview.

Some things can be kept quiet though, even today with all of the technology and social media feeds available.

Still Paulo for me.

I think Mcclaren would be off down south as soon as some shitey job like Bolton opens up.

Is that not the same for most managers?

Ferryjambo99

Apologies if mentioned on any other threads but the sun says he's snubbed the job in Israel and is still interested in the job

Unknown user

Apologies if mentioned on any other threads but the sun says he's snubbed the job in Israel and is still interested in the job

Any quotes in the story? Not sure how I feel about that now.

Any quotes in the story? Not sure how I feel about that now.

STEVE McCLAREN has insisted he is STILL interested in being Hearts boss.

The former England boss has performed a shock U-turn and snubbed a coaching consultant?s role with Maccabi Tel Aviv alongside sporting director Jordi Cruyff.

the hugely experienced 56- year-old is back in the running for the Tynecastle vacancy.

Sir Alex Ferguson?s former Manchester United No 2 told SunSport: ?I am not committed to going anywhere.

?I?m still an out of work manager looking to get back into the game.

?I?m open-minded as regards any offers that come my way.?

If they flew to somewhere..lets say Greece for example and spoke to someone at a club who happened to be there then the media may not get wind of the story

Jesus wept. I can't keep up. Can't we just have Cathro back? Then I could at least know what to expect for the season ahead.

Archived