Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Agree with this. Commercially, if we can get him on reasonable wages it would be a real win for the 'business' side of the club. Regardless of his somewhat hot/cold record of late, he would be someone that can motivate a group of players at this level, no doubt. Still my number one for the job but i'd take freedman if this fell through. Wouldn't touch Pressley or Hartley with the hibs job!

Money spinner!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambo-in-furness

High profile and has to be taken seriously if he really is interested but does he really fit what we require? I'm not so sure.

What I'd suggest we're looking for is a guy who can work with a limited budget, promote youth players, install a style of play throughout the club which will yield results in the Scottish league, have a network of contacts to bring in bargains who can be standouts in this league, a motivator and have a basic knowledge of the Scottish game...beyond the old firm, be able to work with and improve or current squad and work with the coaches we have and ready them for management.

I don't think McClaren could do all of that. He's managed at a high level with some of the best players in England. I think like many of his jobs he'd have a short term impact which would soon fade and he'd get frustrated at the skill level he was working with and unable to increase that by much. I won't be gutted if he doesn't come tbh.

You've got the wrong forum buddy, your post makes far too much sense and logic to be on here.

Probably true, so why just list the cons ?

because someone implied he didn't have any cons. I was being helpful

If we did go for McClaren even for a year or 18 months do you think we would get a better deal for our player assets? If an English club is sniffing around Walker or Djoum and offered 500k. If he said no they are worth 5 mill it's more likely to be taken notice of than some of the other candidates quoted.

I've been leaning towards DF for a couple of weeks and Schtevie boy throwing his hat back in the ring doesn't change that. From the pretty limited information we have Freedman seems to be the best fit (assuming he stays consistent with his methods).

Same. Initially i was bowled over by Shteve being interested but its started to seem like he's using us to get another gig. Moreover the story about Petrie and that Steve guy that was at west brown (totally forgot his name) kinda sticks in my throat a bit. McClaren would be very expensive potentially redirecting wages from the team to him.

DF will be cheaper and he has a pretty impressive record so far and Burkes comments about him seem to be very positive.

As much as I think SMc would be a fantastic appointment, I've yet to see a single quote from him in any of the news reports linking him to the job.

That has me worried.

You would think that with all the speculation, someone would have asked him directly, and received some form of specific answer...

In fairness the report I read said they asked him specifically about Hearts job and he refused to answer regarding this.

Only seemed to have quotes about wanting back into management in general.

I think this one is unlikely to happen.

So he's open to an offer?

He didn't apply for the job?

Job offers tend to come after applications and more often than not interviews.

Job offers tend to come after applications and more often than not interviews.

Do you think he has applied tho?

Do you think he has applied tho?

One article said he had 'expressed interest' but he isn't talking about it one way or the other. Just says he is unemployed and available.

well without our price range

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well, without our price range... what? Finish the sentence.

Well, without our price range... what? Finish the sentence.

He's no finished, he's only 56

Francis Albert

Outwith

Good and very useful Scottish word. Maybe Kimosavi is not a native Scots speaker. I am sure Steve would pick up the usage in no time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Operation chat to Steve underway.

Which language? Sure Brewer's were singing we hate Villa more than you

Going for Dutch. He's gone into the Chairmans box........insert ooh er here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:oohmatron:

Maybe a reason hes not going to be our next manager???

:oohmatron:

Maybe a reason hes not going to be our next manager???

Wish I still had emoticons......can't go wrong with a Kenny Williams....oh matron!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wish I still had emoticons......can't go wrong with a Kenny Williams....oh matron!

Easy to do. Colon and the name of the emoticon and another colon. Jkb would be a dull place without an emoticon.

My favourite

:fth:

Any excuse

Toxteth O'Grady

So he's open to an offer?

He didn't apply for the job?

he didn't apply , he was asked if he was interested but it didn't go any further. Mike Phelan was also asked

Funny, people saying they don't want Steve Mcclaren are like fat basement dwellers saying which supermodels they wouldn't shag.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Funny, people saying they don't want Steve Mcclaren are like fat basement dwellers saying which supermodels they wouldn't shag.

But.

What if you genuinely prefer fat *****?

:D

I'm really torn. McClaren could be an expensive disaster OR he could be a roaring success. Such is his managerial career its hard to make a confident guess.

Freedman IMO has a crystal clear track record of developing youngsters and seems to be saying the right things. 

If there is any possible way of making it happen, I'd like McClaren to come in and fix the squad with Freedman as the assistant with a view of taking over at the end of the season. Doubt either of them would go for it but hey, don't ask don't get :D

Glad I don't have to make the decision :P

Unknown user

Damaris Goddrie, she looks like some Egyptian dude

Archived