colinmaroon

Clean forgot he was interviewed after burley got sacked. [emoji1]

What's the odd's on McLaren ?. [emoji4]

2d86a623fbeadf4326dd2b6724e4561f.jpg

Got a good lawyer?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man places bet..... someone call the daily record!!!! Oh wait nobody cares a jot.. oh and mclaren would be excellent imho

That disnae count it was done by an egotistical mentalist.

As it might have been with any other managers sackings...

It's not always poor performance that leads to sacking.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

What about the ex England manager?

A name that was mentioned to me earlier. I'm not ITK before anyone starts.

What about the ex England manager?

A name that was mentioned to me earlier. I'm not ITK before anyone starts.

Big Sam?

Big Sam?

Back in the day we used to drink pints of wine (amongst other things) down the Cowgate. Sam would be made very welcome I'm sure   :lol:

Back in the day we used to drink pints of wine (amongst other things) down the Cowgate. Sam would be made very welcome I'm sure :lol:

Not a preference naturally - just questioning the poster

Ps we drank wine from the bottle in my day. ?2.50 a bottle in Aberdeen....

Watt-Zeefuik

At least plane flyers wouldn't be able to say he had "no bottle..."

Haha, no I knew that! 

3fingersreid

I'm guessing a shortlist of 5 (because it's a nice number) of MacLaren, Freedman, Pressley, Boothroyd and Hartley. And that's probably wrong as the press has said there are names in the frame that haven't got out, although why they wouldn't release them I don't know. So not sure if that's to be believed.

I only didn't include Houston and O'Neill because I assume we'd need permission to speak to their employers and all that.

Not fancy Sergio then ?

J.T.F.Robertson

The Levein picture is a blatant invasion of his privacy, and bang out of order.

And a call for Budge to 'have a word in his ear' is patronising and therefore also bang out of order.

Levein has no case to answer whatsoever.

This! He likes a bet, who gives a feck!

"Ann should have a word in his lug". Give me strength.

Never Let Them Forget

Ryan giggs anyone ???

That would be a very interesting one.

Although things aren't great on the pitch at the moment i think we're quick to underestimate the calibre of managers that would be interested. We are a club massively on the up off field from the stand, training facilities, youth set up, FOH, Budge etc.

We just need to get it right on the pitch (I am pretty confident we will) and when the new manager comes in he will be backed like Cathro was with signings. It is always better for a manager to come in and take over when things on the football side are down as the only way is up.

Far too much doom and gloom on this place now a days.

Finlay James

If mclaren is appointed, it would lift the entire club in a way that we have not seen since Burley arrived over 10 years ago.

I'm very proud of what the club has achieved off the pitch since admin but recently, I feel little connection with the players or coaches. I'm hoping that mclaren would change that and give us a team to want to get behind fully.

McClarens record of 6 jobs in 7 years is a concern.

His lack of experience at working with players at our level is a concern.

The nonsense he slavers whilst commentating etc is a concern.

I don't think he's the guy for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twente

or Middlesborough might be our level? He won the league with Twente and got Boro' to the UEFA cup final?

Either would do me. He might just fly like Rodgers did, I'm for him. Hasslebank rates him highly and I rated him highly for his words.

We probably cannot do better than him. Would be massive for us I believe where the pitch matches all our other initiatives.

I was falling out of love with our Governance, now this shows proper ambition, as long as we don't break the bank. A deal with huge performance bonuses is how I would handle McClaren.

Yeah, me too. Apparently Coral are predominantly nags though.

Perhaps because of where they are located and the number of shops.

Certainly Hills are FOBTs (by a large margin - with my contribution included) first and football second.

Twente

or Middlesborough might be our level? He won the league with Twente and got Boro' to the UEFA cup final?

Either would do me. He might just fly like Rodgers did, I'm for him. Hasslebank rates him highly and I rated him highly for his words.

We probably cannot do better than him. Would be massive for us I believe where the pitch matches all our other initiatives.

I was falling out of love with our Governance, now this shows proper ambition, as long as we don't break the bank. A deal with huge performance bonuses is how I would handle McClaren.

He spent a lot of money at both clubs....particularly Boro.

His first spell at Twente was a freak season...bit like Leicester City a couple of seasons back. His second spell in Holland with Twente wasn't great and he lasted a year before being sacked again.

He may well be a 'big name' but I think he's been a manager in decline for a number of years.

We need somebody a bit more tuned into our club and our level who can re-galvanise the team and staff with the supporters.

McClaren isn't that guy imo. Little personality and little passion....he just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

His first spell at Twente was a freak season...bit like Leicester City a couple of seasons back. His second spell in Holland with Twente wasn't great and he lasted a year before being sacked again.

He may well be a 'big name' but I think he's been a manager in decline for a number of years.

We need somebody a bit more tuned into our club and our level who can re-galvanise the team and staff with the supporters.

McClaren isn't that guy imo. Little personality and little passion....he just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

No it wasn't he finished 2nd his first season then first the next at Twente

In his 2nd spell at Twente he still had 50% win record

Back to 2005

He worked at several clubs of our size and players no better than ours.

Captain America

I'd take a 'freak season'

1 Top tier league win in my lifetime is better than 0.

That's where I'm at.

He might give us a "new manager bounce" which would be very welcome but the shine would wear off quickly I fear.  I'd love to be proved wrong.

Lol

I'd hate a freak season if we won the SPL

I hope we'd sack im any manager that turned us into that sort of freak.

Buffalo Bill

So McClaren and Ranieri deserve no credit because they took unfashionable sides all the way to the Championships against massive odds?  Maybe I'm just a bit na?ve, but to me, they deserved a massive amount of credit for that achievement.

To simply dismiss it as "freak" does your argument no favours at all, imo.

This is my view. I've got a feeling McClaren would think managing here is a piece of p*** when it's anything but. Would rather have someone who feels like they have something to prove rather than someone who fancies a wee project that gets him out of the house.

This is my view. I've got a feeling McClaren would think managing here is a piece of p*** when it's anything but. Would rather have someone who feels like they have something to prove rather than someone who fancies a wee project that gets him out of the house.

Steve most definitely has a point to prove after being sacked from his last few jobs..

What would you say if your boss had a word in your ear about you posting shite on KB in your own time?

:rofl:

Seriously, anyone actually suggesting AB has a "word in Levein's ear" for having a punt needs to step back and think about what they are saying. I have read some shite on here over the years but that takes the biscuit. Absolutely ludicrous! :lol:

ford donald

We should want a younger manager, but with experience at a high level,someone who is still hungry to prove himself, it narrows the field a little

but they are available.

I've seen a few people say he spent a lot of money at Twente, is this correct? Can't imagine he did,tbh.

RustyRightPeg

I've seen a few people say he spent a lot of money at Twente, is this correct? Can't imagine he did,tbh.

At the time, going by reports he had half of Ajax's budget.

I cant even see Ajax's budget that big going by their development model!

Heres Rixxy

Out of curiosity, who does do it for you?

So Make Some Noise..

After reading Stamp's comments, I kinda want him more than Sergio now. I reckon he has the stature and bite in him to launch a rocket up our shower of sh*te and get the playing side of things in line with the positive stuff going on off the pitch.

He knows who we are, what level we're at and what cash we could give him, yet he still applied. He's clearly not driven by money and sees this as a fresh start after a crap couple of years. The big question for me is whether or not Levein's ego would cope with someone who is more qualified, experienced and achieved more in the management game than him working at the club. As per Stamp's comments, SMcL wouldnt stand for Levein poking his nose in or handing notes down from the stand!

Clean forgot he was interviewed after burley got sacked. [emoji1]

What's the odd's on McLaren ?. [emoji4]

2d86a623fbeadf4326dd2b6724e4561f.jpg

Thought his bruv would get on for him rather than the man himself having to rough it inside a turf accountants

Someone who can help with developing the club. Not really sure about McLaren but then Rodgers who struggled latterly at Liverpool is doing okay at Celtic. Maybe that is part of what attracts McLaren.

All about the good judgement of those making the decision.

I still think of McLaren being first team coach for the treble winning Man Utd team including Champions League winner.

Steve McLaren 

Middlesbrough 39%, England 50%, Twente 63%, VfL Wolfsburg    29%, Nottingham Forest 23%, Twente 48%, Derby County    54%, Newcastle United  23%, Derby County    45%. Total 42%

Brendan Rodgers           

Watford 42%, Reading  26%, Swansea City 45%, Liverpool  50%. Total      41%

Steve McLaren would be tremendous for Hearts with a better win average than Brendan Rodgers before joining Celtic.  Win average is now 78% for him at Celtic.

I still think of McLaren being first team coach for the treble winning Man Utd team including Champions League winner.

Think McClaren sees himself primarily as a coach rather than an all encompassing type. Therefore he might well be the perfect fit.

He's seemingly an outstanding coach. CL will know him through JC.

I can see him being genuinely interested in the role. Needs to be assured of budget to recruit essentials though to make us semi competitive in first instance as we're well short at the moment

Phil Stamps word is good enough for me......and it would put an end to does he interfere or not as he would walk.

A lot of clubs are pretty unstable. While I know there are questions by some about our Director of Football McLaren might appreciate coming to a stable club where he would be supported. While we can benefit from his experience at all levels of the club. The main constraint is finance but that is relative.

Fitzroy Pointon

This is beginning to look like it could actually happen !  :wow:

I hope it does.  It's not an experiment this time, its a bloody good appointment.  

Wages could be the stumbling block though.  

There's at least three undercover Hibs trolls on here trying to peddle the myth that they, as 'Hearts supporters', don't want McClaren.

Trying to sway the consensus? Or shiteing themselves at the thought of him taking over? I'd say both.

FTH.

I hope it does.  It's not an experiment this time, its a bloody good appointment.  

Im sure he has a decent idea of whats going to be offered. 

alicante jambo

There's at least three undercover Hibs trolls on here trying to peddle the myth that they, as 'Hearts supporters', don't want McClaren.

Trying to sway the consensus? Or shiteing themselves at the thought of him taking over? I'd say both.

FTH.

Has to more than that mate.The place is riddled.

RustyRightPeg

Surely he'd be aware of the drop in salary before he even pressed send providing his CV

Archived