Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Heard they were offering him 5k a week

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If that's true I think it will be more than we are prepared to offer

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's been in talks with us for days then still wants to go talk to them we should tell him to bolt.

It shows it's all about the money no matter how small because I can't see how they can pay much more than us.

This. It's not difficult. You get an offer, you like or dislike it. If you like it you sign, if not you walk away. It's becoming a joke now for a player that comes with baggage. Time to move on before any further embarrassment.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I can understand people's frustrations but the club will have done everything possible to have persuaded him to sign. My feeling is that, after three days of talks, if he's now off to speak to Hibs then he'll go there if they simply offer him more money. 

Perhaps this particular deal has come too early for us. We have a new stand to build and fund and maybe, just maybe this season we'll be watching our operating costs more closely.

Agreed, Lafferty would be a decent signing, of that I have little doubt, however solvency and the long term future of the club is of far greater importance.

Hibs have recently come into a substantial amount of money, and do not presently have an expensive stand to build, so it stands to reason they would be able to offer an improved offer to Lafferty.

Que sera sera.

Escobar PHM

Heard they were offering him 5k a week

Not helpful to be guessing at stuff you couldn't possibly know mate.

GorgieBoysAreInTown

I can't think what the reaction would be if this was someone pretty decent meeting both clubs.

Would I still take him? Absolutely.

Setting aside who the player is for a moment. We should never be losing players to them in a straight fight and its bloody embarrassing if we do it this week or any other week.

The player himself ? I'd like him, or at least someone of that standard. If its not him I hope we have a plan B for a similar standard of striker that we can switch to fairly quickly.

Absolutely! Building a new stand or not.

Dr. Bapswent

Which part of 'weighing up your options before you commit to a decision' are people struggling with?

Seems sensible to me.

Only reason to be upset is if he doesn't pick Hearts and then the question about why should be asked, other than that, there is nothing to be concerned about.

Bad Religion

I think he will sign as per Daz's posts. We would have heard by now had it fallen through. 

Westendjambo

A number of folk on here claiming it's a done deal. With the press reporting he's now talking with hibs I'd expected an early claxon from us this morning if it was indeed a done deal.

I'm saying no deal!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

No deal

Gimme an H...

Abderdeen have bid 250k Stevie May too

I Like their signing strategy they must go about their business and get their men in

I like it too. It's the way I wish Hearts would go about it but never seem to. Every transfer window there seems to be a long drawn out and public process which enables other teams to interfere. We got lucky with Bjorn (not a fan, I just mean the deal eventually went through) but that could have went either way and we'd have ended up without him. Oshinawa was drawn out too and he has proved to be a complete diddy.

If the shite can offer this boy 5k a week then good luck to them. I'd imagine our wage structure can stretch to around 4k p/w. I'm biased but even trying to look at it from a non-biased point of view, you would take 1k p/w less to play for Hearts of them wouldn't you?

fabienleclerq

Even if he doesn't sign the standard of player we are chasing lets us know the club mean business. Once the new stand is up and FoH is going towards the clubs running we will be blowing Aberdeen out the water and Hibs won't be anywhere near our targets.

downunder jambo

This. It's not difficult. You get an offer, you like or dislike it. If you like it you sign, if not you walk away. It's becoming a joke now for a player that comes with baggage. Time to move on before any further embarrassment.

I agree. Time to move on to plan B, or C, D or...........

I'm having to hold in my 10am Jobby because of the suspense.

There's no signal in the bogs :(

I like it too. It's the way I wish Hearts would go about it but never seem to. Every transfer window there seems to be a long drawn out and public process which enables other teams to interfere. We got lucky with Bjorn (not a fan, I just mean the deal eventually went through) but that could have went either way and we'd have ended up without him. Oshinawa was drawn out too and he has proved to be a complete diddy.

If the shite can offer this boy 5k a week then good luck to them. I'd imagine our wage structure can stretch to around 4k p/w. I'm biased but even trying to look at it from a non-biased point of view, you would take 1k p/w less to play for Hearts of them wouldn't you?

Nope, not a chance.

Westendjambo

Exactly.

Even if Hibs can afford to pay more, it's only likely to be an extra ?500 a week or so (pulled that number out my arse, but it's not going to be 1k a week more), which would make a difference to any of us but to a football player that's had a few decent pay days in his time, I can't see making a blind bit of difference.

Hopefully this meeting is just a courtesy thing as we seem to have thrown all our eggs in his basket in the hope that he signs, meanwhile Aberdeen have got Greg Stewart in while we've been dicked around by this streak of piss.

A major signing on fee could be the difference. After all hes not going to make anywhere near what he did at Norwich. Imo the signing on fee will be the difference if he is speaking to both clubs

maroonlegions

Don't shoot the messenger but...

Apparently Lennon made a verbal offer over the phone which trumped ours. The reason he's heading down the San Giro this afternoon.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's an offer worth staining your career over.

Most PHM  nerves :28:  on here are hanging by a thread and you post the term "apparently"  in your post.  :laugh4:

Dave McCreery's knee

If he is indeed meeting hibs today then he clearly wants to hear what they have to say, or is using it to pressurise hearts into a better deal. Either way, I don't buy this "just speaking to Lennon out of courtesy". The deal probably was very close earlier this week and signing for us was seen as imminent but certainly seems to be in the balance now.

Elias Henry Furst

Mags the cleaner has been ordered to dust off the klaxon is what my source is telling me ;)

Double signing will be announced today :thumbsup:

Without turning all JIH...

How confident are you of that being the case?

Even if he doesn't sign the standard of player we are chasing lets us know the club mean business. Once the new stand is up and FoH is going towards the clubs running we will be blowing Aberdeen out the water and Hibs won't be anywhere near our targets.

See the problem with this is, how long do we dick around? If it's another 2 or 3 seasons you can guarantee the income will be nowhere near what it is at present. Empty seats don't bring in any cash.

Nookie Bear

I like it too. It's the way I wish Hearts would go about it but never seem to. Every transfer window there seems to be a long drawn out and public process which enables other teams to interfere. We got lucky with Bjorn (not a fan, I just mean the deal eventually went through) but that could have went either way and we'd have ended up without him. Oshinawa was drawn out too and he has proved to be a complete diddy.

You would take ?50k less per year to sign for a club you have no affiliation with?

Anything but.

If he speaks to Lennon there is no way he is signing for Hearts . The wages will roughly be the same but Hibs will throw in a signing on fee from the Cummings cash which is probably what Latterty is looking for .

Not ITK just basic common sense .

Most PHM  nerves :28:  on here are hanging by a thread and you post the term "apparently"  in your post.  :laugh4:

Well I wasn't tapping the call so can't state it as fact.

You not got some copying and pasting to get on with?

William H. Bonney

I think lafferty is trolling hibs. Just as he gets out of the car at Easter road to meet Lennon, cathro will appear from nowhere and the scarf above the head will be at the home of hibs.

Just to piss then off.

TheExecutive

Without turning all JIH...

How confident are you of that being the case?

Barring any last minute changes of heart then KL and MS will be Hearts players today.

Not helpful to be guessing at stuff you couldn't possibly know mate.

I am not guessing thats what I was told by a hobo mate and chose to share with you. Could and probably would be absolute horse tollies who knows I am not ITK

See the problem with this is, how long do we dick around? If it's another 2 or 3 seasons you can guarantee the income will be nowhere near what it is at present. Empty seats don't bring in any cash.

Absolutely this. Whilst I certainly don't advocate going overboard with the budget, there is a balance where you need to speculate to accumulate somewhat. Better performances on the park and better results with better players will lead to more ST sales next year. Another poor season however...

ramrod, on 28 Jun 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

If he speaks to Lennon there is no way he is signing for Hearts . The wages will roughly be the same but Hibs will throw in a signing on fee from the Cummings cash which is probably what Latterty is looking for .

Not ITK just basic common sense .

Depends what they got up front for him plus they still giving 500k back to Farmer each year

...a bit disco

I am not guessing thats what I was told by a hobo mate and chose to share with you. Could and probably would be absolute horse tollies who knows I am not ITK

Someone posted on the EEN comments that we offered 3k plus 2k appearance or whatever, them a straight 5k basic.

Again, potentially horse toleys.

zoltan socrates

Can anyone see the crackheads potentially being able to pay the wages of both laffing boy and jermaine pennant? I cant, even with discount tyres and exhaust cards as part of their deal,

Lafferty, im convinced, is coming to us, there is a deliberate motion by the management, or certain parts thereof, to have NI players in the camp, good for the club, good for NI qualification attempts, as someone mentioned earlier this is likely laffertys, and others, only and perhaps last chance to qualify for a wc, playing together regularly helps that im sure

Couple that with the apparent dislike lafferty and yellowstone national teeth have for each other, i cant see him not coming

Announcement at 4pm i reckon

Elias Henry Furst

Barring any last minute changes of heart then KL and MS will be Hearts players today.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Jambo 4 Ever

I agree. Time to move on to plan B, or C, D or...........

Agree too... just hope we have been working on plan B or C

I reckon this will drag out to the end of the week along with the RB. Whats the delay with him? Is he talking to Lennon too? Unless they want to announce both at the same time which is what I'm guessing. I'm signing off for the day maybe even the week

Someone posted on the EEN comments that we offered 3k plus 2k appearance or whatever, them a straight 5k basic.

Again, potentially horse toleys.

That person is correct.

Hagar the Horrible

What ever team he signs for he will be a cult hero, for chosing one over the others rivals?  if he goes to Hibs, it will be because they offer more money, Athough we should be better payers, our valuation of him wont warrant a bidding war between us and the hobos not in his case, so if hibs offer a better deal, let him go,  other players I would be fuming about.

However! Hibs will lord it over us if he signs for them though, and thats what bothers me...admitedly, but so does a bidding war with them, the days of spending over the odds have gone, and we could end up with is with Hibs doing this with every target?  call their bluff?   If we were to offer ?10k pw  and Hibs ?11k and he comes back to us to see if we have a counter offer? GTF we should offer ?8k,  he gets left with rotting at ER or comes to us with tail betweet his legs.

TyphoonJambo

What time is today's 3pm presser today?

Malcolm Tucker

AND NOTTS FLIES INTO THE THREAD WITH SOME LAST DITCH ITK CHAT.

You couldn't script this! Great scenes.

Escobar PHM

That person is correct.

Nut sorry. You cant possibly have that kind of intimate knowledge this morning on a deal you've professed to have no knowledge of up to now.

With respect, stop talking shite and making an arse of yourself

Independence

Do we want any player who is unsure if they want to join us? I don't!!! If. , big if, he is talking to H1b5 we should shut the door now!

Ryan Jarman

An hour ahead here in Belgium - Signed

**** sake, posters in Aus & NZ could have given us a heads up hours ago

:seething: 

TypoonJambo, on 28 Jun 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

What time is today's 3pm presser today?

Put it to bed Hearts,move on to target Two.

Thats a bold statement!

Archived