Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Are you saying strikers are more valuable to a team than support strikers?

To us yes. Absolutely. We have Sammon, Johnson, Stockton and Isma.

At the moment Isma is our goalscorer. With any luck so will Stockton.

We have spent years looking for another player who can hit near to 20 or more a season. We have had good players but we haven't had a goalscorer. Someone who can create a goal out of nothing or be in the right place at the right time to finish off the tap ins that other players can't see coming.

If we're looking to fork out 5k a week on a striker I'd rather it went on someone like that rather than another good player who doesn't score goals.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?5k a week seems a lot. I'd be shocked if either club has offered him close to that. And I'm not having that he's been offered a ?2k appearance fee on top of a ?3k wage.

This is the sort of thing that happens regularly talking to different clubs.

Hibs have been a decent draw getting players I'm surprised havent gone elsewhere such a John McGinn and Andrew Shinnie.

So they do seem to offer a good package.

Lafferty could be being respectful to Neil Lennon as others have said. It is a small world and Lennon is still a key man in N.Ireland football. Its also a good signal of more peaceful times.

Soon find out.

We_are_the_Hearts

To us yes. Absolutely. We have Sammon, Johnson, Stockton and Isma.

At the moment Isma is our goalscorer. With any luck so will Stockton.

We have spent years looking for another player who can hit near to 20 or more a season. We have had good players but we haven't had a goalscorer. Someone who can create a goal out of nothing or be in the right place at the right time to finish off the tap ins that other players can't see coming.

If we're looking to fork out 5k a week on a striker I'd rather it went on someone like that rather than another good player who doesn't score goals.

Suppose it's the definition of a support striker. I always see a Hazard as greater than a Costa or Coutinho greater than a Firmino. We have defo had a lack of prolific strikers over the years. Only really Robbo and Velicka. Strikers like Adam, Bednar, Fuller, Jankauskas, Kyle and Beattie weren't prolific but brought so much to the team. Difficult one.

5k a week for a player who is more than good enough for this league, and who is a international player.

Worth it.

We will have plenty of other targets.

You think. This would be a huge slap in the puss to Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

Should Whittaker and Lafferty end up at Easter Road I'm afraid to say Hibs would continue to get one over us in recent times. That would be the reality. Hopefully this is complete speculation and we secure at least the latter but let's not pretend that if we don't finalize this deal it's anything but a huge blow given the time that's gone into it and the clear want to sign him by the management.

bringonthesevco

People seem really worried that it's taken 3 days of negotiations , I've spent longer than that discussing an ?80k per year job !!

Initial chat one day

Follow up chat and medical day 2

Final chat and formal offer made day 3

Then decision ...

You think. This would be a huge slap in the puss to Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

Should Whittaker and Lafferty end up at Easter Road I'm afraid to say Hibs would continue to get one over us in recent times. That would be the reality. Hopefully this is complete speculation and we secure at least the latter but let's not pretend that if we don't finalize this deal it's anything but a huge blow given the time that's gone into it and the clear want to sign him by the management.

It also leaves Cathro in the awkward position of going through another transfer window he got wrong.

I mean obviously to the KB faithful Cathro would still need a chance. But we were supposed to be giving him a chance to get a transfer window right.

I'm truely hopeful we sign Lafferty because I think he'll do well but also I think he will draw a few other good players to us.

Perth to Paisley

Scary amount of drivel from quite a few.

If he signs....welcome, make sure you give a toss

If he doesn't ....it's because another club offered him more money

No player is bigger than our club.

To avoid grown ups looking more daft ... it might be worth suspending the thread until the decision is made.

He's back at Tynie for talks this afternoon, needs to stop by Ainslie Park first though.

Whichever way this goes he's an absolute stick on for 1st goal at Easter Road on 25th October......

Suppose it's the definition of a support striker. I always see a Hazard as greater than a Costa or Coutinho greater than a Firmino. We have defo had a lack of prolific strikers over the years. Only really Robbo and Velicka. Strikers like Adam, Bednar, Fuller, Jankauskas, Kyle and Beattie weren't prolific but brought so much to the team. Difficult one.

I know exactly what you mean but I also get pelters for saying Nicholson and Walker do **** all for us as a team as well. Simply because they do not provide enough assists for the positions they play.

We have a massive problem with actual creativity in our team. I think only Johnson and Cowie made the list of top assists last season. I think Walker only had 3. He might have scored more goals than Hayes but Hayes had about 12 assists and 9 goals which I think amounted to a bigger impact.

We're now talking about sacrificing width with this wing backs formation. So the creativity required to unlock a defence will have to come from a more central position. Which is where I see Lafferty tucked in behind Isma.

Rudolf's Mate, on 28 Jun 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

We should put a bid in for John McGinn just to piss them off!

Yep offer Lemmon  osh+ a tube of Colgate whitener

It also leaves Cathro in the awkward position of going through another transfer window he got wrong.

I mean obviously to the KB faithful Cathro would still need a chance. But we were supposed to be giving him a chance to get a transfer window right.

I'm truely hopeful we sign Lafferty because I think he'll do well but also I think he will draw a few other good players to us.

How is it Cathro's fault if his target is not signed by the club?

Whichever way this goes he's an absolute stick on for 1st goal at Easter Road on 25th October......

It's 1/2

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

One person starts a ?5k a week rumour. Then a dozen posters assume it's accurate and start moaning about the wage.

Crazy.

Especially when the poster in question is a known slaver.

We_are_the_Hearts

I know exactly what you mean but I also get pelters for saying Nicholson and Walker do **** all for us as a team as well. Simply because they do not provide enough assists for the positions they play.

We have a massive problem with actual creativity in our team. I think only Johnson and Cowie made the list of top assists last season. I think Walker only had 3. He might have scored more goals than Hayes but Hayes had about 12 assists and 9 goals which I think amounted to a bigger impact.

We're now talking about sacrificing width with this wing backs formation. So the creativity required to unlock a defence will have to come from a more central position. Which is where I see Lafferty tucked in behind Isma.

Crying out for creativity. Hoping Martin can kick on. 

Sierra Delta

Surely he has a say in the talks?

Doubt he has a great deal of involvement in the financial details etc given he's Head Coach. More Levein and co that'll be responsible for that side of things I would've though. 

What can they be talking about?  Both sides know the script and figures involved.

Folk just making pish up IMO.

Itk poster quiet this morning

They've all posted updates as far as I can see.

Scary amount of drivel from quite a few.

If he signs....welcome, make sure you give a toss

If he doesn't ....it's because another club offered him more money

No player is bigger than our club.

To avoid grown ups looking more daft ... it might be worth suspending the thread until the decision is made.

I'm sure the minute his future is decided the mods will update the title of the thread....maybe best you just wait for that. I'm finding the drivel amusing.

Banderson just tweeted that he's speaking to Hibs this afternoon.

First it was this morning now it's this afternoon. Wtf is happening. I'm inclined to believe he is not even speaking to Hibs.

How is it Cathro's fault if his target is not signed by the club?

I don't think you could be pinning this on Cathro at all should it not happen however the reality of him rejecting us (for whatever reason) would be this is a huge blow to our planning. He is clearly a player we have targeted and aggressively pursued, a significant member of out starting 11. We need quality players and we need them soon so that there is half a chance of some continuity come the start of the league season. The fixture list is now known and we have 4 extremely tough away games to start and the pressure is on. Cathro and his team as well as the DoF are on the clock and they can't afford to be facing Aberdeen with barely a point on the board. Therefore recruitment is absolutely vital especially given the disastrous recent windows. I hope this still works out but if he ends up at Hibs along with Whittaker alarm bells will very much be ringing as to our early season prospects!

Sierra Delta

I honestly don't think he has any more information than anybody on here/Hibs.net 

He has hardly kicked a ball in last 2 year, to big a risk, move on Hearts

Looking at the Norwich City Fans Forum..they seem to be delighted to get rid of him along with Steven Whittaker who they refer to as shittaker

Honestly if after 3 days of talks with us he still wants to hear what Hibs have to say (looking after himself which I have no problem with), then we should make sure we tell him to close the door on his way out.

Would be a decent signing but no great loss.

Agreed.

First it was this morning now it's this afternoon. Wtf is happening. I'm inclined to believe he is not even speaking to Hibs.

Probably speaking to us again.

Five to One, on 28 Jun 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Yep

Barry Anderson? @BarryAnderson_ ? 15m15 minutes ago

Barry Anderson Retweeted Grant Fairbairn

Lafferty meeting Hibs today. Michael Smith close. Ashley Smith-Brown should be done by Monday. McGregor depends on severance with Hull.

Harry Potter

Not being funny , but after his carry on with us, if he does sign, which i doubt he will, not sure if i want him now.

Honestly if after 3 days of talks with us he still wants to hear what Hibs have to say (looking after himself which I have no problem with), then we should make sure we tell him to close the door on his way out.

Would be a great loss if we have no plan B

If he doesn't sign then that leaves us with days before Ireland trip to clamour to get a another striker in

I don't think you could be pinning this on Cathro at all should it not happen however the reality of him rejecting us (for whatever reason) would be this is a huge blow to our planning. He is clearly a player we have targeted and aggressively pursued, a significant member of out starting 11. We need quality players and we need them soon so that there is half a chance of some continuity come the start of the league season. The fixture list is now known and we have 4 extremely tough away games to start and the pressure is on. Cathro and his team as well as the DoF are on the clock and they can't afford to be facing Aberdeen with barely a point on the board. Therefore recruitment is absolutely vital especially given the disastrous recent windows. I hope this still works out but if he ends up at Hibs along with Whittaker alarm bells will very much be ringing as to our early season prospects!

It would be a blow, that's true. If it's down to finances that's life and we move on to other targets.

Recruitment this window is absolutely vital I agree. The players we're looking at seem to me to be good targets so hopefully we can get them over the line and start preparing for the games we've got coming up

If he doesn't sign then that leaves us with days before Ireland trip to clamour to get a another striker in

Not sure that's quite the deadline we need to meet to be honest.

TheExecutive

If Barry Anderson told me the grass is green and the sky is blue I'd go outside to check. Absolute slaver of a man who has blocked me on twitter for continually showing him up with regards to his tweets on Hearts. Absolute cretin of a man who will no doubt end up being told he isn't welcome at Tynecastle VERY soon.

Hans von Luck

Correct Gambo, no better than a robust Sandy Clark in his day. If he wants to go over their for talks I would take the offer off the table now.

Clerry Jambo

Yep

Barry Anderson? @BarryAnderson_ ? 15m15 minutes ago

Barry Anderson Retweeted Grant Fairbairn

Lafferty meeting Hibs today. Michael Smith close. Ashley Smith-Brown should be done by Monday. McGregor depends on severance with Hull.

I would put our efforts into getting the other 3 and move on for another striker

Would be a great loss if we have no plan B

Yep. Which would be exactly my concern. There is no reason to have any confidence in our recruitment given recent transfer windows so missing out on our main targets would be concerning.

Archived