Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If EEN story is true, then this is getting all a bit annoying. The idea of recruitment this season was to find players who want to play for Hearts.

If he's been swayed at the last minute by that shite, then he can **** off there and join them.

Escobar PHM

There ia trying to get a better deal then there is talking to us three times then going across to speak to our closest rivals. Even if he leaves hibs with a decision to make and choses us it leaves a bit of a bitter taste. However I believe him even stepping foot in ER confirms he isn't coming to us. Unless the deal is done of course and he is going out of respect or whatever.

Yes it would leave a bit of doubt over his commitment if he even speaks to them. If he signs for us having done that he better be good right from the start or he'll get slaughtered.

So he is not meeting Lennon today John?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I imagine he is !

Don't worry.....i'm halfway out the door already !

If EEN story is true, then this is getting all a bit annoying. The idea of recruitment this season was to find players who want to play for Hearts.

If he's been swayed at the last minute by that shite, then he can **** off there and join them.

He's not though, the plan has always been to speak to both managers and that intention was always there. He was always meeting Lennon today and regardless or not if anything has been agreed our end he still is. I don't see the issue at all.

3 pages every 90 mins on this thread. I went for a shower and fry up and then had to trawl through 4 arguments and a slagging off!

how can people still be saying its a done deal if he is talking to Hibs today? IF he is talking to Hibs it is most definitely NOT  a done deal! end of story.

be nice for Hearts to give us some clarity too, the fact that they aren't tells me there is another party interested and they are keeping cards close to chest  which would suggest he is going to Leith for talks. personally I don't get that and he doesn't fill me with optimism even considering they low lifes! surely Mrs Lafferty will see the class difference and tell him not a chance mate! 

If lafferty signs for us then I really don't care when he signs so long as he is match fit and raring to go in time for parkhead on the 1st day of season. No danger I'm getting my knickers in a twist about whether it's the 27th or 28th of June ffs

Escobar PHM

I don't think this is far from the truth.

Maybe Levein has told him to go and talk to Hibs for a couple of hours and make a big public thing of choosing us over them ?

We are gonna look awfully stupid if he goes and signs for the Windae lickers after all this

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Or when he turns out to be completely average.

Escobar PHM

I imagine he is !

Don't worry.....i'm halfway out the door already !

Different class !!!

Yes it would leave a bit of doubt over his commitment if he even speaks to them. If he signs for us having done that he better be good right from the start or he'll get slaughtered.

If you substitute Hibs with any other team you would not be taking that view.

If he is just talking to Hibs out of courtesy because of a previous agreement then no doubt that will be made public.

Jambos4life

Maybe Levein has told him to go and talk to Hibs for a couple of hours and make a big public thing of choosing us over them ?

Legendary status already

how can people still be saying its a done deal if he is talking to Hibs today? IF he is talking to Hibs it is most definitely NOT a done deal! end of story.

be nice for Hearts to give us some clarity too, the fact that they aren't tells me there is another party interested and they are keeping cards close to chest which would suggest he is going to Leith for talks. personally I don't get that and he doesn't fill me with optimism even considering they low lifes! surely Mrs Lafferty will see the class difference and tell him not a chance mate!

I think he'll sign for us (not itk by the way). I think having MacPhee and Hughes at the club will be the clincher for us.

Might just be courtesy that he's going to speak to Hibs.

Alma Matters

Nope ... not quite sure what relevance that has though

Its just that you can be rather wittery.

3 days of talks tell me he is holding the club to ransom somewhat and making demands we aint prepared to adhere to, I would like KL at Hearts but not at any price. not at all actually.

It's quite clear people on here pretend to be ITK.

Rather strange. :lol:

Салатные палочки

Although I think Lafferty would be a good signing, as mentioned before if he is going to fud us about then tell him bye bye and use the wages/bonuses/signing on fee etc on another option.  

Is Lewis Moult still under contract at Motherwell? 

Although I think Lafferty would be a good signing, as mentioned before if he is going to fud us about then tell him bye bye and use the wages/bonuses/signing on fee etc on another option.

Is Lewis Moult still under contract at Motherwell?

Yes, a year left I think.

Escobar PHM

If you substitute Hibs with any other team you would not be taking that view.

If he is just talking to Hibs out of courtesy because of a previous agreement then no doubt that will be made public.

Not at all. I would be equally unimpressed if he drove up to Perth today to speak to St Johnstone, or any number of lesser clubs having spoken to us for 3 days. You don't leave a deal unsigned and talk to another club 'out of courtesy' you talk to them because your not 100% convinced with whats on the table and you want to see if there is better on offer. He can feckin walk down to ER any time and do the courtesy thing if he wants. Visiting with them today is far from courteous from where I'm standing.

LeylandJambo

Morning, what have we all had for breakfast?

I had some shreddies with blueberries in them. Middle Class af.

I'm lower class I just had shreddies.

I reckon that he has signed already and is not speaking to Hibs at all, this is them just trying to put a spanner in the works..

If he is speaking to Hibs then it will be out of respect to tell them that he is playing for us now.

I do not belive lafferty would want to create any bad blood or tension between himself and an NI assistant, during a time where he is trying to get in to the squad for the World Cup.

I think this signing is done and dusted and will hopefully be announced today.

What is it he thinks Hibs have that we dont. Lets compare....

Training Facilities: Riccarton versus a farm in east Lothian

Ground: A new stand and the most atmospheric stadium in Scotland versus lego land

Fans:  Our average versus their glory hunting once a decade over 10k average

Money: What exactly would the difference be 500 quid a week either way no chance we're talking thousands here 

If he did choose them I'd love to know why

Just seen big Laffs getting off the 34 on Easter Road.

It's over.

3 days of talks tell me he is holding the club to ransom somewhat and making demands we aint prepared to adhere to, I would like KL at Hearts but not at any price. not at all actually.

You want him to you don't want him in 15 words. And you want him to make a career decision to your timescale?

I'm waiting for the photo of him at Easter Road like we saw of him at Tynie.

The only way I'll believe he is speaking to them.

GorgieRules22

Totally agree, it's bordering on lunacy, some proper mental cases.

Escobar PHM

He'll have had that fecker Darren 'jambo hater' O'Dea in his ear all week as well probably

julienbrellier

THIS

Any chance someone can create a list of people talking absolute pish so we know in future. 

As for Lafferty going to see Hibs, would be a bit embarrassing if he chose that shambles of a club over us

Just so I am clear he is meeting Hearts this morning for the 4th time and then there are plans to meeting Lennon this afternoon? I'm sorry but if he is meeting us for a fourth time and plans to speak to Hibs there is no way Hearts will be happy with this! Fair enough exploring options but surely you do that at round 1. If he doesn't sign this morning and meets that prick this afternoon there is no way the signing will happen - forget all this courtesy pish - Hearts is all that should matter to him after Hearts investing so much time and effort on him...get the deal done and confirmed this morning!

He's not though, the plan has always been to speak to both managers and that intention was always there. He was always meeting Lennon today and regardless or not if anything has been agreed our end he still is. I don't see the issue at all.

He's been meeting with us for days now. If after a few days of negotioations, he still wants to discuss with our rivals to see what they've got to offer, it shows me he's not 100% committed to us.

Just a quickie lads. Are we allowed to mock on KB?

I'm hanging by a thread!

No we're not you silly poo poo head.

JyTees, on 28 Jun 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

Just a quickie lads. Are we allowed to mock on KB?

I'm hanging by a thread!

Think ya need to refrain from mocking :tiny:

3 pages every 90 mins on this thread. I went for a shower and fry up and then had to trawl through 4 arguments and a slagging off!

That's potentially a 120 minute shower!

Five to One

Just seen big Laffs getting off the 34 on Easter Road.

It's over.

I saw him too. Lennon met him at the stop with a can of Guinness and a couple of slices of soda bread. 

Five to One

Just so I am clear he is meeting Hearts this morning for the 4th time and then there are plans to meeting Lennon this afternoon? I'm sorry but if he is meeting us for a fourth time and plans to speak to Hibs there is no way Hearts will be happy with this! Fair enough exploring options but surely you do that at round 1. If he doesn't sign this morning and meets that prick this afternoon there is no way the signing will happen - forget all this courtesy pish - Hearts is all that should matter to him after Hearts investing so much time and effort on him...get the deal done and confirmed this morning!

Are both clubs and Lafferty just milking the publicity here? 

Unknown user

I once had a pint with Wayne Foster. Does that make me ITK?

I once got pished with Mike Galloway at the pub in waverley station, he was heading for England after being sold by celtic. Lonely guy but kept getting the rounds in, I liked him.

Harry Potter

think im at this stage but after 3 days , as Locky says not 100% committed to us.

Riddley Walker

"Refrain from mocking please" :rofl:

This is a done deal. I can feel it.

I guess 62 pages by 7pm tonight, 10 of them filled with :yas: etc.

Think someone previously mentioned our new away strip is due to be launched at the end of June...maybe the club are waiting to give us a Klaxon for a couple of new signings/away strip unveiling?

Ryan Jarman

No we're not you silly poo poo head.

Enjoy your warning points you fat chicken. 

Harry Potter

I once got pished with Mike Galloway at the pub in waverley station, he was heading for England after being sold by celtic. Lonely guy but kept getting the rounds in, I liked him.

Mike did a big job for us in Europe, 88, bet he was good company Smithee.

King Of The Cat Cafe

If he does meet Hibs, then regardless of who he chooses* he is going to get pelters from one set of supporters or the other at the first Derby.

* if he does sign for either, of course.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

ITK?

If you are told something in confidence, you are entitled to believe you are ITK, but if the information given is untrue or subject to change (as all transfer deals are) then you could look silly. Doesn't mean you are delusional, point scoring or a dick, just that the information was subject to change.

ITK could come in many forms, but unless from the horses moosh, in this case big Kylsie, then Chinese whispers could also affect the voracity of said information.

And what if Big Kylo had a change of heart, then being ITK is pointless.

In summary, the information is great because it creates blockbuster threads, but in these situations, vets like myself enjoy watching on, but don't really get properly moist until the scarf is oer the heed.

Whilst I'm here

Kylser

:fth:

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, the Record are reporting Lafferty will have a 4th round of talks with Hearts today.

Are both clubs and Lafferty just milking the publicity here? 

Possibly the agent is but let's be honest it's not facing Man City off against Man Utd - financially none of the clubs will break the bank and can probably offer the same amount also if it was down to money he wouldn't be here at all.....I guess the media are second guessing everything but IF he meets Lennon this afternoon and Hearts haven't confirmed the deal then I would think from a Hearts perspective it will be dead - which is a shame cause I think he would be a top, top signing - Norwich and Rangers both paid ?3m for him and there is a chance to get him for nothing here - no brainer but looks less likely with each passing hour....

I think he's just paying Lennon the courtesy of meeting him because of the NI connection. If he was after more money he's got other options. Expect him to be a Jambo.

Archived