Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Dave McCreery's knee

We'll either have a good player if he signs for us, or a new figure for our vitriol if he signs for them. Win/win?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

Why would our DoF take any grief if a signing target with no connection to the club joined a rival for more money? We've had twenty years of spending money we didn't have and it didn't end well. That's why we have a wage ceiling.

We have a turnover over ?2m in excess of Hibs at the last set of accounts. A huge chunk of any incoming transfer money they get goes elsewhere than the club so they don't have a massive 'war chest' Also from what I gather we have burst our supposed wage ceiling 3 times in the last year. Once for Berra, Once for Goncalves, Once for Walker (although he turned it down) We should not be losing players to Hibs on financial grounds. Not ever.

Captain America

The club could be waiting to announce it as Kyle arrives at Easter Road.

Kyle shakes hand with Lennon all caught on Sky Sports News cameras just as the Hearts song starts to play and Levein comes running in with the signed contract in a money in the bank briefcase.

#Scenes

kingantti1874

Doesn't feel like this will result in a positive outcome.. As pointed out hibs can offer him a slab of the Cummings cash..

Next season - when the income from the new stand starts to bear fruit we wont face these kind of challenges form Aberdeen or hibs..

Five to One

We have a turnover over ?2m in excess of Hibs at the last set of accounts. A huge chunk of any incoming transfer money they get goes elsewhere than the club so they don't have a massive 'war chest' We should not be losing players to Hibs on financial grounds. Not ever.

Surely the stand is a variable this season though? 

Jambos4life

Him picking them over us seems far fetched to me tbh, we have McPhee and Hughes plus supposedly we have signed that Irish defender all connected with the Ireland team, plus I don't see hibs having more to offer as we have freed up loads of wages with players leaving including Paterson fee and apparently walker going

Jambo 4 Ever

I'm not sure I can handle another day of JiH's questions [emoji23]

Put me on ignore then if you don't like my posts, as I have done with others

Please refrain from mocking

Rudolf's Mate

Put me on ignore then if you don't like my posts.

Mate I find it amusing. Don't take it personally. Just give others a chance [emoji3]

Gorgie_Rules

Imagine a footballer trying to get the best deal. Mental times.

There ia trying to get a better deal then there is talking to us three times then going across to speak to our closest rivals. Even if he leaves hibs with a decision to make and choses us it leaves a bit of a bitter taste. However I believe him even stepping foot in ER confirms he isn't coming to us. Unless the deal is done of course and he is going out of respect or whatever.

Him picking them over us seems far fetched to me tbh, we have McPhee and Hughes plus supposedly we have signed that Irish defender all connected with the Ireland team, plus I don't see hibs having more to offer as we have freed up loads of wages with players leaving including Paterson fee and apparently walker going

They want revenge for bikey :lol:

I think Mcphee will be the thing that swings it for us.

(A Feeling, and not ITK before 'whaurs tha proof' posts)

We are gonna look awfully stupid if he goes and signs for the Windae lickers after all this

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

We are gonna look awfully stupid if he goes and signs for the Windae lickers after all this

This

But would be quite funnny too

Riddley Walker

This

But would be quite funnny too

Would definitely be funny if you were a Hibs fan.

Jambos4life

Think levein will know of all people we won't accept defeat from them of any shape or form this year so he will Be doing all he can

Jambof3tornado

Heard Lafferty is just winding pumpedmysister.net up by claiming he's going to talk to hibs.

PHM already.

Todays the day.

Jambos4life

First derby goal celebration like rudi telling them to gtf, the best hearts celebration ever... miss rudi

Jambo 4 Ever

Again, it goes back to my earlier point.

He owes us nothing. Where people get the notion that as soon as players walk through the doors at Tynecastle, and see pictures of Bobby Walker & John Robertson on the wall, and hear about our win in the Tennant's 6's once upon a time, that it should be enough.

We either offer a competitive package, or we don't. If he wants to go to them & sign for them...fair enough...next...!

He owes them nothing too. They're professional footballers lead around by the ****** by their agents.

Money. Not loyalty or sound bites.

Money. End of.

But he is actually considering slightly more money to play for them instead of playing for us, working with his national team's assistant manager - doesn't really sit well with me to be honest. He's clearly made plenty of money as well

John Findlay

Stop panicking. Lafferty is now a jambo. Pant wetters

eon here make me cringe

Unknown user

See this Please Refrain From Mocking pish? No! What makes you special? Everyone else has to deal with the pish being ripped like a grown up

If you can't deal with a forum and how people react to you, maybe you need to have a look at why so many react to you in such a way.

Get a bloody grip and stop expecting the world to amend it's behaviour to suit you, it's bloody pathetic to be quite honest.

Alma Matters

Thanks for your update...

What does your source make of the rumours he is speaking to Hibs/Lennon today before making a final decision? (As per evening news)

And if it is just a verbal agreement at this stage, could this turn into another Gilks mess?

Are you female by any chance? (No offence to any females reading)...

Rudolf's Mate

If these ***** nab him from under our noses I expect to see bids going in for Dybala and Higuain :seething:

Stop panicking. Lafferty is now a jambo. Pant wetters

eon here make me cringe

So he is not meeting Lennon today John?

Jambo 4 Ever

Are you female by any chance? (No offence to any females reading)...

Nope ... not quite sure what relevance that has though

If that EEN article is to be believed that he is talking to Lennon today and no deal has been signed with Hearts yet then safe to say he isn't coming to us.

Anything but.

Morning, what have we all had for breakfast?

I had some shreddies with blueberries in them. Middle Class af.

A bag of Walkers salt and vinegar. Raring to go.

gorgie rd eh11

Why? If they offer more money than we are willing to offer then so be it. That's how it works.

It's not a Berra scenario where there's a personal reason for moving & taking a wage cut.

There's not a Europe scenario.

There's not a moving to Edinburgh dilemma.

There's not really a first choice & you'll get in the NI team, as he'll be first choice for Hibs.

History means nothing.

That leaves money, most likely.

I've not got an issue with it. If he goes to them, then I'd rather we've been working behind the scenes on another target and not wasting nearly a week on one person.

Which I'm sure would be the case.

This is where I'm at but I do believe having Austin here and being part of the NI set up should be a factor.

Unless Kyle is worried about being too close to that set up. Perhaps he only wants to be seen on the pitch.

Escobar PHM

Surely the stand is a variable this season though?

Yes, but we also have to fill it when its finished so that's a delicate balancing act in itself

giphy.gif

sweating3.jpg

If today is anything like that day over Macho Grande, I don't think any of us will ever get over it.....

Levein & Gardiner - Right, that's 5pm, let's call It a day there.

Lafferty & Agent - Aye, fair enough, it's been a long day. Back here tomorrow around 10 bells?

Levein & Gardiner - Sounds good to us. See you tomorrow. Oh, who's phoning Dazjambo to keep him up to speed...?

Why do you have to be such a dick ?

The poster in question is just telling us what he has been told.

My view is KL is probably just being courteous to Lennon after agreeing to speak to him previously. I believe those who are saying deal has been done with Hearts.

If that is not the case it's not the end of the world imo

It might just have been a sweetner, especially when going against teams like hibs.

I doubt 3 qualifying rounds of Europe would influence his decision any more than signing for the tean who he feels has the best chance if finishing high up the table.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

See this Please Refrain From Mocking pish? No! What makes you special? Everyone else has to deal with the pish being ripped like a grown up

If you can't deal with a forum and how people react to you, maybe you need to have a look at why so many react to you in such a way.

Get a bloody grip and stop expecting the world to amend it's behaviour to suit you, it's bloody pathetic to be quite honest.

:bravo:

Best of the almost 2000 posts to date.

Now. I spy with my little eye.....................................

Ryan Jarman

Calm down lads, I came into 51 e-mails in my mailbox at work. Its a sign, a narrative arc, written in the starts he'll sign for us today. FTH.

I know it's not really the mature approach but even if it's just a courtesy chat with Lennon today it leaves me less enthusiastic about the signing

I'd much rather there was still bad blood from their rangers/celtic days with a player eager to get one up on popcorn teeth and the leith vermin

hmfc_liam06

It's not a Berra scenario where there's a personal reason for moving & taking a wage cut.

There's not a Europe scenario.

There's not a moving to Edinburgh dilemma.

There's not really a first choice & you'll get in the NI team, as he'll be first choice for Hibs.

History means nothing.

That leaves money, most likely.

I've not got an issue with it. If he goes to them, then I'd rather we've been working behind the scenes on another target and not wasting nearly a week on one person.

Which I'm sure would be the case.

You should have posted these as questions.

Disappointed in you Mr President.

I would have said that it was time after the second meeting. If it needed a third meeting to convince him to come to Tynecastle then it was one too many meetings for me.

If he is indeed meeting Hibs today then the deal should be taken off the table.

This is where I'm at but I do believe having Austin here and being part of the NI set up should be a factor.

Unless Kyle is worried about being too close to that set up. Perhaps he only wants to be seen on the pitch.

Interesting that Michael O'Neill, the Northern Ireland Manager is backing him joining us. His time at Easter Road must have really soured him of the vermin.

The guy is clearly dicking us about and trying to use both teams to get the best offer

You mean he's learned of interest from two different teams and wants to speak to both before making a decision?

I'm stunned beyond belief.

My view is KL is probably just being courteous to Lennon after agreeing to speak to him previously. I believe those who are saying deal has been done with Hearts.

I don't think this is far from the truth.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why is Kuala Lumpar in agreement to speak with Lennon? Is he heading off to Malaysia?

Samuel Camazzola

I feel the big klaxon is getting an oil and polish before be wheeled out.

In the meantime, does someone have the Braveheart 'Hold!' gif?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Does anyone know if the Irish do their talking before breakfast or after breakfast?

Not sure, but if knee capping is anything to go by, breakfast, lunch and supper will all be taken first

I suggest you grow up. If you leave yourself open to mocking people will mock.

Archived