Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's potentially a 120 minute shower!

That is the amount of time Lafferty will have to spend in the shower if he goes anywhere near Easter Road.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juanjo, on 28 Jun 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, the Record are reporting Lafferty will have a 4th round of talks with Hearts today.

Maybe/not  mentioned

Unknown user

Mike did a big job for us in Europe, 88, bet he was good company Smithee.

He was actually pretty down, leaving a big club for Leicester IIRC because he wasn't good enough, he seemed really happy to sit with someone with positive memories. I liked the big man in maroon but honestly, who saw that celtic move coming??

I'm waiting for the photo of him at Easter Road like we saw of him at Tynie.

Good point, just wondering if Hibs have actually commented on this matter, I have not seen any can someone advise please?

Without saying too much I saw communications from HMFC regarding an announcement yesterday.

I am pretty surprised there was nothing yesterday as it was fairly definate or so it appeared.

I am surprised Lafferty is talking to them but if he is (I'm not sure he is tbh) then I actually don't want him now.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

LAFFERTYAll I am asking for is a little bit more money!

BUDGEWe have made our final offer, take it or leave it. There is no magic money tree to draw from!

LEVEINErm Boss, Mr Lafferty has intimated he may go and discuss terms with Hibernian at 10.30am

BUDGESod it, there is 2 billion euro in the I.F.A. account to be distributed as you wish...

Just a quickie lads. Are we allowed to mock on KB?

I'm hanging by a thread!

It seems not unfortunately.

Nookie Bear

What is it he thinks Hibs have that we dont. Lets compare....

Training Facilities: Riccarton versus a farm in east Lothian

Ground: A new stand and the most atmospheric stadium in Scotland versus lego land

Fans:  Our average versus their glory hunting once a decade over 10k average

Money: What exactly would the difference be 500 quid a week either way no chance we're talking thousands here 

If he did choose them I'd love to know why

Maybe Lafferty sees Cathro, then sees Lennon...and then has to make his mind up as to which manager he would prefer to play for.

Anyway, this is just like any other person looking for a new job. If you have two potential offers then you need to weight them up on your own terms...this is just business and I am sure Levein understands that.

I once got pished with Mike Galloway at the pub in waverley station, he was heading for England after being sold by celtic. Lonely guy but kept getting the rounds in, I liked him.

Top Top piss artist - Came to an end of season trophy award night, grabbed the mike and started singing the Hearts Song - cleared the place of Hobos.

Anybody any idea what he is doing now.  Don't think he is at Eyemouth Utd anymore

Hibsnet has gone from abusing Lafferty to making out he will be a welcome addition to the team. Be interesting to see what's said this evening.

Malcolm Tucker

I think if he'd signed, like one or two posters are saying, he'd have been announced by now. Seems like some duff info has been passed on.

If he talks to Hibs, then the deal is off IMO.

Maybe Lafferty sees Cathro, then sees Lennon...and then has to make his mind up as to which manager he would prefer to play for.

This is my concern. Sees Lennon, a fellow northern Irish hot-head who he sees some of himself in and possibly has some warped respect for, or Cathro, possibly sitting in the corner* while Levein and Macphee give him the hard sell.

*Not itk, Cathro may have been sat at the top table giving it large about how we do our work.

Hibsnet has gone from abusing Lafferty to making out he will be a welcome addition to the team. Be interesting to see what's said this evening.

To be fair it will be the same on here if they out coup us

Aye I wisny bothered anyway he only scored 5 goals in 3 years

He is troublemaker blah blah blah

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just so I am clear he is meeting Hearts this morning for the 4th time and then there are plans to meeting Lennon this afternoon? I'm sorry but if he is meeting us for a fourth time and plans to speak to Hibs there is no way Hearts will be happy with this! Fair enough exploring options but surely you do that at round 1. If he doesn't sign this morning and meets that prick this afternoon there is no way the signing will happen - forget all this courtesy pish - Hearts is all that should matter to him after Hearts investing so much time and effort on him...get the deal done and confirmed this morning!

Up till yesterday I was cool about the situation, I appreciate negotiations can at times be complex, but if KL has not signed for Hearts after 4 days of talks, we should walk away

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I cant wait for our next transfer saga. Can you imagine Allan McGregor thread for example Mind you Jamie Walker will be relieved, even Cathro himself.

Harry Potter

Anyway, this is just like any other person looking for a new job. If you have two potential offers then you need to weight them up on your own terms...this is just business and I am sure Levein understands that.

Its dragging on a bit though NB.

That's potentially a 120 minute shower!

Had some 'intimate' augmentation to do with a razor...what can ye do eh?

millerjames398

He was actually pretty down, leaving a big club for Leicester IIRC because he wasn't good enough, he seemed really happy to sit with someone with positive memories. I liked the big man in maroon but honestly, who saw that celtic move coming??

Remember feeling absolutely gutted when my dad came in on a Thursday night telling me he had moved to that lot,incidently my dad knew his dad shug from his army days said he was a good footballer as well trials at sheff Utd I think, apart from all the euro goals 88/89 I remember him getting the winner v Aberdeen at tynecastle as well when Aberdeen were decent side.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thought Police

So my update this morning says deal is done and the club are waiting to announce it. I do not know what the hold up is. However as all my posts in this thread say. A deal has been done. And whilst i had no reason to doubt that this morning i feel more confident than ever that he IS a hearts player.

Now i can see JJ has other info but i don't know where that has come from and i respect he may also have people itk. Different stories go to different people etc etc. Its not about point scoring or anything as JKB likes to make it out to be. I believe the deal is done and i still stick to that conclusion. The announcment i dont know what the hold up is but it may well be a double signing or due to a formal players death yesterday etc. The club are busy during the off season and prioties will no doubt be on other things also happening at the club right now. But my word is he is a hearts player and i have no doubt the club will say the same in due course.

The hold up is that he's off to speak to Hibs, which the papers said on Monday was happening this week. Despite this, you and others have gone on about how he's agreed terms and signed a contract which is absolute nonsense.

My opinion is - if he's spent four days talking to us, only to go speak to Hibs - something is wrong. If we couldn't come to an agreement and he's toddled off to speak to other clubs fair play. But the fact it's Hibs may suggest he won't be coming back after our offer.

I can't see why he has seemingly neither signed nor spoken to them already - it's been dragging on days now. Could we have given an ultimatum? Sign or talk to that lot - no going back if you do?

Malcolm Tucker

Yeah, I'm calling it.

He hasn't signed, and won't sign for Hearts.

NOT ITK.

Don't shoot the messenger but...

Apparently Lennon made a verbal offer over the phone which trumped ours. The reason he's heading down the San Giro this afternoon.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's an offer worth staining your career over.

TheExecutive

Mags the cleaner has been ordered to dust off the klaxon is what my source is telling me ;)

Double signing will be announced today :thumbsup:

Nookie Bear

Well, it's been a few days of talks but we are talking about decisions for a job that pays a six-figure annual sum.

In any other line of business we would be talking weeks of negotiations.

There's far too many respectable members on here putting their necks out to state that he is our player for it to not be true for me.

The problem is, is he even a decent player for the team?

Jambo 4 Ever

It's not a Berra scenario where there's a personal reason for moving & taking a wage cut.

There's not a Europe scenario.

There's not a moving to Edinburgh dilemma.

There's not really a first choice & you'll get in the NI team, as he'll be first choice for Hibs.

History means nothing.

That leaves money, most likely.

I've not got an issue with it. If he goes to them, then I'd rather we've been working behind the scenes on another target and not wasting nearly a week on one person.

Which I'm sure would be the case.

This is my concern though.... what if we haven't got a back up plan?

And it turns into another Gilks situation, where we just make do with what we have because we have spent all our time and effort on one player?

Hope this isn't the case ofcourse

kimosavi, on 28 Jun 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

To be fair it will be the same on here if they out coup us

Aye I wisny bothered anyway he only scored 5 goals in 3 years

He is troublemaker blah blah blah

tbh I aint fussed if he signs or not..if he does then welcome aboard ,if he doesn't we move on

I doubt it will come down to money to be honest it's not as if us or Hibs will pay him anything near to what he has been used to

His name is

A number of folk on here claiming it's a done deal. With the press reporting he's now talking with hibs I'd expected an early claxon from us this morning if it was indeed a done deal.

I'm saying no deal!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Салатные палочки

Apparently Lennon made a verbal offer over the phone which trumped ours. The reason he's heading down the San Giro this afternoon.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's an offer worth staining your career over.

Slightly worrying if this is the case but no player is bigger than the club.  He would be a big influence on them, they will lord it over us for a while if he chooses them, but we can't let someone who goes where the biggest wedge is hold us to ransom.  

Use the money wisely elsewhere Hearts.

The whole saga is becoming bloody annoying now.  

...a bit disco

Never forget that header v Celtic at Tynie.

tbh I aint fussed if he signs or not..if he does then welcome aboard ,if he doesn't we move on

I wouldn't be overly fussed either, I've always regarded him as a bit of a huddie...but not to them!

Gimme an H...

I doubt it will come down to money to be honest it's not as if us or Hibs will pay him anything near to what he has been used to

Exactly.

Even if Hibs can afford to pay more, it's only likely to be an extra ?500 a week or so (pulled that number out my arse, but it's not going to be 1k a week more), which would make a difference to any of us but to a football player that's had a few decent pay days in his time, I can't see making a blind bit of difference.

Hopefully this meeting is just a courtesy thing as we seem to have thrown all our eggs in his basket in the hope that he signs, meanwhile Aberdeen have got Greg Stewart in while we've been dicked around by this streak of piss.

Samuel Camazzola

Not buying it. How would this be known?

If he's moving to Scotland, he's signing for Hearts. Just be patient.

If he's been in talks with us for days then still wants to go talk to them we should tell him to bolt.

It shows it's all about the money no matter how small because I can't see how they can pay much more than us.

Exactly.

Even if Hibs can afford to pay more, it's only likely to be an extra ?500 a week or so (pulled that number out my arse, but it's not going to be 1k a week more), which would make a difference to any of us but to a football player that's had a few decent pay days in his time, I can't see making a blind bit of difference.

Hopefully this meeting is just a courtesy thing as we seem to have thrown all our eggs in his basket in the hope that he signs, meanwhile Aberdeen have got Greg Stewart in while we've been dicked around by this streak of piss.

Heard they were offering him 5k a week

JyTees, on 28 Jun 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

I wouldn't be overly fussed either, I've always regarded him as a bit of a huddie...but not to them!

Unless he was hopeless..if it was them

Buffalo Bill

I can understand people's frustrations but the club will have done everything possible to have persuaded him to sign. My feeling is that, after three days of talks, if he's now off to speak to Hibs then he'll go there if they simply offer him more money. 

Perhaps this particular deal has come too early for us. We have a new stand to build and fund and maybe, just maybe this season we'll be watching our operating costs more closely.

Are folk really that desperate to convince folk they're "ITK"?

More than one poster saying "it's a done deal!", "announcement today", "actually it's changed. Announcement is now tomorrow!"

It's turned in to an absolute embarrassment.

tynietigers

By 5pm tonight when the scarf is above head :) everybody will be wondering what all the fuss was about. And his opening line will be Hearts was always first choice and I spoke to h1b5 out of respect ;)

Rudolf's Mate

I can understand people's frustrations but the club will have done everything possible to have persuaded him to sign. My feeling is that, after three days of talks, if he's now off to speak to Hibs then he'll go there if they simply offer him more money.

Perhaps this particular deal has come too early for us. We have a new stand to build and fund and maybe, just maybe this season we'll be watching our operating costs more closely.

Unfortunately it's looking that way isn't it.

Bungalow Bill

Could we have offered a basic plus appearance fee (which seems reasonable to me) and Hibs have offered an equal combined amount as the basic (funded by the Cummings cash and lower average wage bill)?

This is assuming Hibs have actually spoken to him. Who knows though.

I was still fairly confident yesterday but I'm getting a bit nervous now. Still it won't be the end of the world, we move on to the next target.

Exactly.

Abderdeen have bid 250k Stevie May too

I Like their signing strategy they must go about their business and get their men in

Escobar PHM

Setting aside who the player is for a moment. We should never be losing players to them in a straight fight and its bloody embarrassing if we do it this week or any other week.

The player himself ? I'd like him, or at least someone of that standard. If its not him I hope we have a plan B for a similar standard of striker that we can switch to fairly quickly.

I think as a club we should have set the clock on this for yesterday morning. We're going to look bloody stupid talking to this erse for nearly a week and losing him to a 2 hour meeting with Lennon.

Archived