Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The guy on Sky said 6th goal tonight. Also had one disallowed for offside. Warnock may just have found his best position.

Oh yeah, 5 plus this one. God I miss him...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence

He’s a huge loss to us and epitomises everything we currently don’t have in our side, enthusiasm, commitment, athleticism, energy, goals and effective at both ends of the pitch.

Saint Jambo
8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Oh yeah, 5 plus this one. God I miss him...

Any idea how many games he has started this season?

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Any idea how many games he has started this season?

I think he's played around 20, not sure how many starts though. I saw a couple of stats that I think said he'd played 1200-odd minutes, and a goal every 257mins. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I think he's played around 20, not sure how many starts though. I saw a couple of stats that I think said he'd played 1200-odd minutes, and a goal every 257mins. 

So, if correct, that’s better than a goal every 3 games. Pretty impressive. Would be good to see what he can achieve in a full season but will be much tougher if in the Premier league next season.

Love him. There was never any doubt he'd do well at Cardiff and at current level I think he could get into any team outside the top 5 in the EPL. Just look at how well Robertson is doing at Liverpool. 

Played 14 (and 7 as sub) and scored 6

boys going places for sure. Let’s hope it’s under contract.

delighted for him

5 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Love him. There was never any doubt he'd do well at Cardiff and at current level I think he could get into any team outside the top 5 in the EPL. Just look at how well Robertson is doing at Liverpool. 

Nail on the head. He’s worth a punt for many an EPL side I would think. 

The Future's Maroon

Good stuff, good on him (especially after the injury he had) and even better he is going to make us a few million soon.

It’s only about 13 months since ***** on here were telling us we were better off with Struna :rolleyes2:

Just loves football and I love watching him. He isn't the most technically gifted player but his presence, passion and physique more than make up for that.  He has a knack of getting in the right place at the the right time which can't be taught IMO. 

My 8 year old has been doing that dance for his own goal celebration (and just in general) for weeks! It's called "the floss" apparently.

:laugh:

33 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It’s only about 13 months since ***** on here were telling us we were better off with Struna :rolleyes2:

Yes, and some of the people round about me were moaning about his attitude because he was moaning at everyone whether it was the opposition, the referee or even his own team mates.

I loved that attitude and I don't think we would have lost or drawn some of the games this season if he had been around to mump and moan and get that wee bit extra out of the people around him.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The guy on Sky said 6th goal tonight. Also had one disallowed for offside. Warnock may just have found his best position.

Well defending was always his weak point,nothing new there.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

On 30/11/2017 at 19:59, Marvin said:

Couldn't see one started so here goes....

Going for a 2-0 win for the Famous. Lafferty and Berra to score for the boys in maroon. 

I think his sell on clause just went up another notch... 

The Internet
8 hours ago, Peebo said:

And not long before that we were going to be better off with Liam Smith. People don't have a clue. 

I find it sad when a third tier Welsh club can take its pick of Scottish players especially from a city the size of Edinburgh, but with the continued growth of Edinburgh we can only become bigger and speed the day when we consistently challenge in Scotland and have the financial muscle to fend off minor clubs from our better players. 

3 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I find it sad when a third tier Welsh club can take its pick of Scottish players especially from a city the size of Edinburgh, but with the continued growth of Edinburgh we can only become bigger and speed the day when we consistently challenge in Scotland and have the financial muscle to fend off minor clubs from our better players. 

Cardiff are 2nd in the championship. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, alanbauld said:

Sorry you have lost me there ,they are 2nd in the championship and a very good side who will be paying Paterson way more than we ever could

maroonnicky63
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And not long before that we were going to be better off with Liam Smith. People don't have a clue. 

I agree,Yet the ones who used to come on here slating this young lad are suddenly saying how wonderful he is, don't you just love it when a young player shuts them up, brilliant

Gavsy Van Gaverson
34 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

:cornette:

13 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I agree,Yet the ones who used to come on here slating this young lad are suddenly saying how wonderful he is, don't you just love it when a young player shuts them up, brilliant

Two face trolls sadly plague this board. 

9 hours ago, pablo said:

My 8 year old has been doing that dance for his own goal celebration (and just in general) for weeks! It's called "the floss" apparently.

:laugh:

Difference is his arms move faster than CP?

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully Cardiff don't go up.

Some prem team then buys him, he's more likley to go if Cardiff don't go up I reckon.

Sorry Cardiff fans.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hopefully Cardiff don't go up.

Some prem team then buys him, he's more likley to go if Cardiff don't go up I reckon.

Sorry Cardiff fans.

If they get promoted, he'd get a season in the EPL and still have a year left on his contract afterwards.

Then some insane £90m offer comes in, and 15% comes our way!

Miss him

:sob:

Pretty sure he was standing next to me at the Motherwell game on Sunday. Cap on with a scarf trying to hide his face so no one would recognise him :lol: 

By the light
12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seem to remember John McGlynn playing him there and getting slaughtered for it :th_wink1:

John McGlynn, a man ahead of his time.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Major factor in the absence of the doom mongers' criticism - he doesn't play for Hearts any more.

It's bad enough when a player is on the bench, injured, dropped - "He should be playing" and, all of a sudden, if said player gets a game, "He's rubbish!  It's all Levein's fault!"

Same with players from other teams, UNTIL they come to Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kila said:

If they get promoted, he'd get a season in the EPL and still have a year left on his contract afterwards.

Then some insane £90m offer comes in, and 15% comes our way!

Maybe, more likley he'd stay then get relegated tho.

Could go either way.

Cardiff stay down.

Move to Everton or the likes for £15m give or take would do me!

5 hours ago, By the light said:

Seem to remember John McGlynn playing him there and getting slaughtered for it :th_wink1:

McGlynn didnt play him as a central midfielder....he played him up top as a striker with back to goal....

You may be getting muddled with Gowser who he played as a midfielder box to box....

5 hours ago, By the light said:

You're right, we'll soon be seeing Pep Guardiola and Co dressed in track suits shirts and ties.

Callum is going places that's for sure. 

He'll end up at a Bournemouth or a Burnley to test the waters, but I reckon he's got what it takes!

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

McGlynn didnt play him as a central midfielder....he played him up top as a striker with back to goal....

You may be getting muddled with Gowser who he played as a midfielder box to box....

Never central midfield. Started out right side of midfield including v Liverpool.

3fingersreid

Absolutely delighted for the guy , hope he goes on to have a fantastic career . 

Terrific chance for Cardiff to really improve their position at the weekend, particularly if Wolves lose or draw tonight.

Cardiff are home to Birmingham and Wolves are away to Villa.

Hope CP is fit.