Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't know many football players like Callum. Wholehearted and a physical phenomenon. Its hard to know what position is his best if any, but every team needs a bundle of commitment like his.

I didn't think we would miss him as much as we have, but it was kind of obvious we would. Players with that much energy and will to win are 1 in a million and probably more valuable than a player with greater skill. Good luck Callum

36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think we negotiated anything, he was a free agent I think. It was inserted at his request as a thanks to Hearts IIRC 

This is my re collection as well , top man .

I spoke to his cousin at a wedding the day before he was transferred, he hadn't seen him for a few months and didn't know if he would be staying at Hearts . 

I'm sure he will be a Scotland regular as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Other players did ok today. Walker 2nd half debut off the bench in a win, and Ashley Smith-Brown lives! Played the full game in a dramatic late win at Charlton

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, EmbraCraig said:

Was he actually playing right back today? Seems to be a bit of a utility man for them just now, but I guess he did the same for us for a few years.

Was right wing back but roamed a fair amount and was a proper handful. Looked quality.

3 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Warnock knows how to get the best out of Dr Funk. Incidentally I saw him (Warnock) chatting to both Hastings brothers, Ieuan Evans and a goat (not kidding) outside the supermarket a few days ago.

I presume the goat was joined by 14 others to play for Scotland yesterday.

The boy has it, determination, willpower and skill to make it at a high level, I really hope he succeeds and becomes one of Scotland’s best!.....and we get a massive fee when he moves for some silly money ?

Edited by Goggzt87
Misspelled

peebles jambo
15 hours ago, Barasa said:

Just watched the highlights on Channel 5, he was absolutely brilliant. Typically brave header for his goal and 2 fantastic crosses (one cross-shot admittedly) for his two assists. Warnock specifically mentions him in his post-match interview too, said no one deserved more praise than Paterson for the win. 

He had a stormer today

Portable Badger
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I presume the goat was joined by 14 others to play for Scotland yesterday.

:laugh:

sad thing is I'm watching my son in an SRU U16 Development Squad session in London as I type.  Even the coaches were joking this morning that if anyone showed any more promise today they could find themselves playing in the next 6 Nations match !!        Still reckon the goat would get a game based on yesterday's performance ;)

21 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Keeps performing like this won’t belong until he gets another move to one of the bigger clubs. 

Which is what we need for that glorious sell on clause to activate :)

£15m pls

Guest Paul Allen

Just watched the Cardiff highlights from yesterday. A man of the match performance from Paterson. A goal and two assists. Easily good enough to go on and play for a bigger Premier League club if he keeps up this level of consistency. ??

From my earlier link from a CCFC forum.

"I read earlier Patterson in 9 starts has 5 goals and 4 assists. Pretty tidy that"

CP is not the most stylish player, but his physique & determination make up for it and make him a very effectual player to have in your team.

Cardiff fans are now realising what they have signed here.

They like to "double T" his name too. :smile:

2 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Just watched the Cardiff highlights from yesterday. A man of the match performance from Paterson. A goal and two assists. Easily good enough to go on and play for a bigger Premier League club if he keeps up this level of consistency. ??

Let's be honest, this was never in doubt. Great to see how quickly he's got over his injury and settled in. The kind of wholehearted player every manager wants and he has more skill and ability than people in Scotland gave him credit for. He should have been capped far earlier. Brilliant ambassador for our youth system too.

Салатные палочки

Most definitely will be called up again with these performances but where does he play? Seems to have found his feet comfortably in midfield. 

Captain Canada

He's doing really well down there. Underrated player by many during his time with us. 

Would love to see him in the top flight next season. He deserves every success because of his attitude and work ethic. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

"I read earlier Patterson in 9 starts has 5 goals and 4 assists. Pretty tidy that"

CP is not the most stylish player, but his physique & determination make up for it and make him a very effectual player to have in your team.

Cardiff might be partly at fault for that

'Patterson' on team sheet when he first played for U23s though they quickly changed it when informed

Edited by Mikey1874

N Lincs Jambo

According to the CCFC Forum poll he was their MOTM yesterday by a good margin. Their fans seem to be pretty happy with their "investment". Just hope he does get an 8 figure move in the not too distant future.

There's a thread about him on .net and even they like this ex yam.  Bit concerned though that we might score a load of poapy if he gets a big transfer.

15% of £40m.

Lovely jubbly.

9 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

He's doing really well down there. Underrated player by many during his time with us. 

Would love to see him in the top flight next season. He deserves every success because of his attitude and work ethic. 

Under rated .

Mate there was some on here slated him.

As I was for saying he would go far in the game by some.

Wished I could find some of the stuff posted

1 hour ago, jake said:

Under rated .

Mate there was some on here slated him.

As I was for saying he would go far in the game by some.

Wished I could find some of the stuff posted

i remember one poster (cant remember who though) always slated him saying poor touch no ability etc. IIRC they might have also said he would not play at a higher level than us.

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i remember one poster (cant remember who though) always slated him saying poor touch no ability etc. IIRC they might have also said he would not play at a higher level than us.

I remember one particular poster who always dropped the "he's never a football player" line whenever he was mentioned.

Not sure if he's posted on this thread yet so I won't name him.

Bazzas right boot

I always said lower half epl, top half championship.

He might surpus that, doing really well.

If Cardiff don't get promoted, Can see him getting a move upwards sooner rather than later.

Well done Callum.

14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I remember one particular poster who always dropped the "he's never a football player" line whenever he was mentioned.

Go on Cos, take one for the team and name the fecker :lol:

It will just be a yellow, a bit like when you whack the winner after he has a couple of good touches.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

My thoughts as well.

Not technically the best, but very effective and his finishing just seems to be getting better!

Looking forward to seeing him at the Den on Friday night. Rated him highly from the first ball he kicked for Hearts. Unlike others I think he has loads of style and class. :pleased:

13 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

As soon as he was injured our form slid really badly

Told you everything you needed to know

He will be an 8-figure transfer in the not too distant

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

It will just be a yellow, a bit like when you whack the winner after he has a couple of good touches.

Aye come on.

Name him

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

How people thought he had no footballing ability baffled me. He was constantly doing stepovers, rabonas, scoring overhead kicks. One of the best I’ve ever seen in maroon.

Portable Badger

I was down in Wales for the International and the biggest indicator how much much they love him already at Cardiff was my mate's Father-in-Law (CC ST) bought me a treble Single Malt for, in his words, 'stealing the boy off us'. If you knew Lou you'd know that is far from normal behaviour as he's a tight shite!!

Said they can't believe they got him for nothing and weren't expecting anything since he 'only played in Scotland'.  He was saying they've already had several of the lower EPL scouts coming to the games reportedly looking at a couple of CC players - CP being one of them.

How it'll work - Cadriff will sell him for £8M to Southampton who will then sell him to Liverpool for £80M.

I hope he asks for another sell on clause to ensure a further contribution to the FoH!!  He'd be a total club legend!

maroonnicky63
On 6/7/2017 at 13:46, OmiyaHearts said:

He should have signed a contract and got us a decent fee. A very selfish decision.

I couldn't care how his career goes now.

typical garbage. The fault lies with Hearts no one else they had an opportunity to sign the lad and didn't take it because they penny pinched.If they had offered Callum what they are paying the likes of Berra, Naysmith and Laferty he would have signed and then moved on for a decent fee.Great player and he done nothing wrong

HEARTS FOREVER
29 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

typical garbage. The fault lies with Hearts no one else they had an opportunity to sign the lad and didn't take it because they penny pinched.If they had offered Callum what they are paying the likes of Berra, Naysmith and Laferty he would have signed and then moved on for a decent fee.Great player and he done nothing wrong

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. He had no intention of staying and made it very clear.

maroonnicky63
Just now, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. He had no intention of staying and made it very clear.

no it is not nonsense at all it is a fact he was offered an extension to his contact below what some of the team at that time were making, he was not a happy budgie let me tell you and he would not discuss any further contract talks. Like it or not this is what happened

5 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

no it is not nonsense at all it is a fact he was offered an extension to his contact below what some of the team at that time were making, he was not a happy budgie let me tell you and he would not discuss any further contract talks. Like it or not this is what happened

SOOOOOOO angry that he insisted on a sell on % as a thankyou, when he didn't need to

wish more of our players were so pissed off they did this

57 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Both your post and the one quoted are garbage. CP made it clear he wanted to go south to enhance his career, but he insisted on a sell on clause so we will benefit when he gets his big money move. No blame to Hearts or CP

13 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Total made up nonsense, but you crack on if it makes you feel better to have yet another rant at our club

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Total made up nonsense, but you crack on if it makes you feel better to have yet another rant at our club

So unhappy that he insisted on Hearts getting a sell on fee percentage.  

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

How it'll work - Cadriff will sell him for £8M to Southampton who will then sell him to Liverpool for £80M.

I hope he asks for another sell on clause to ensure a further contribution to the FoH!!  He'd be a total club legend!

yip knowing our luck this is exactly how it will pan out. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, XB52 said:

Both your post and the one quoted are garbage. CP made it clear he wanted to go south to enhance his career, but he insisted on a sell on clause so we will benefit when he gets his big money move. No blame to Hearts or CP

what a load of tosh but you believe what you want 

maroonnicky63
Just now, XB52 said:

I don't make things up pal but you can crack on and believe what you want

2 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

He also made it very clear he wanted a sell on clause put in the contract to make Hearts benefit financially.

No qualms about him not signing a new contract with us because the offer was well below clowns like Sammon and Osh were on.

He was the best player at the club by a long way and should have been offered a much better contract than he was.

We now know how much we are missing him and has a made a cracking start to his career down south and he will go very far because he has the will and desire to do so.

Good luck to the lad.

On 05/02/2018 at 02:32, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

:laugh:

sad thing is I'm watching my son in an SRU U16 Development Squad session in London as I type.  Even the coaches were joking this morning that if anyone showed any more promise today they could find themselves playing in the next 6 Nations match !!        Still reckon the goat would get a game based on yesterday's performance ;)

Thats brilliant.  Best of luck to your son.

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thats brilliant.  Best of luck to your son.

Many thanks.  He's doing very well but doubt he'll quite get his cap at U16s this year.  Hopefully in a year or two at 17/18s

11 hours ago, milky_26 said:

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm almost certain the poster you guys are referring to has a name that sounds like Rob Sheldon...

Had a "discussion" on CP's many talents with him on a thread a few years ago, and it's safe to say he was gibbering complete shite - no touch, skill, ability etc.

Quickly pegged him there and then as an utter slaver and when he was all over the "attrtitional football" thread the other week it was plain to see he still had no clue.