Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

You would need to be potty to think Cardiff's manager would give an 8/10 million offer for Paterson houseroom,he is in the thick of it and knows exactly the kind of money the likes of Calum move on for.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

no it is not nonsense at all it is a fact he was offered an extension to his contact below what some of the team at that time were making, he was not a happy budgie let me tell you and he would not discuss any further contract talks. Like it or not this is what happened

Not good business.

Great that we have the sign-on clause but it would be better if he was still scoring goals for Hearts and getting prepared for a move that realises his full value. 

25 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

You would need to be potty to think Cardiff's manager would give an 8/10 million offer for Paterson houseroom,he is in the thick of it and knows exactly the kind of money the likes of Calum move on for.

I think the Cardiff manager knows exactly what he is doing. 

As a right back Pats is worth a decent wedge.

Move him forward and convert him into a Gareth Bale type right sided midfielder/attacker who scores goals and gets assists?

:wonga:

5 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Not good business.

Great that we have the sign-on clause but it would be better if he was still scoring goals for Hearts and getting prepared for a move that realises his full value. 

He's now in the biggest shop window for footballers in the world, where £20-30m is par for the course for decent (not great) players (Ake, Ayew, Bolassie, Klaasen etc etc) whereas, were he still with us we'd probably be looking at £3-4m tops. We could end up with a £3m windfall quite easily if he move to another EPL side

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Move him forward and convert him into a Gareth Bale type right sided midfielder/attacker who scores goals and gets assists?

Calum was always much better offensively than defensively. He will likely make it if played away from  rb. 

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Exactly . He’s going to go far down there hopefully. He did right by us with a sell on clause whilst wanting to further his career down south . Top man and all the best to him. Fantastic player

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

He's now in the biggest shop window for footballers in the world, where £20-30m is par for the course for decent (not great) players (Ake, Ayew, Bolassie, Klaasen etc etc) whereas, were he still with us we'd probably be looking at £3-4m tops. We could end up with a £3m windfall quite easily if he move to another EPL side

If he scores a few between now and May and Cardiff win promotion a Stoke or WBA or Newcastle will pay decent money for him in the summer. 

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he scores a few between now and May and Cardiff win promotion a Stoke or WBA or Newcastle will pay decent money for him in the summer. 

I don't know Callum - never met him ......but I get the sense he's quite a loyal lad.  I reckon if Cardiff got promoted, and Neil Warnock's still manager, he'd stay with them into the EPL.   He might move to one of the top boys e.g. Liverpool but I doubt any of them have CP on their radar at the moment.

1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I don't know Callum - never met him ......but I get the sense he's quite a loyal lad.  I reckon if Cardiff got promoted, and Neil Warnock's still manager, he'd stay with them into the EPL.   He might move to one of the top boys e.g. Liverpool but I doubt any of them have CP on their radar at the moment.

If they get promoted they need to buy premier league experience if they want to stay up. In my opinion they will sell one or two to raise additional funds. Calum fits the bill. Not sure Warnock will survive if they win promotion. Serial EPL loser. 

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If they get promoted they need to buy premier league experience if they want to stay up. In my opinion they will sell one or two to raise additional funds. Calum fits the bill. Not sure Warnock will survive if they win promotion. Serial EPL loser. 

Fair points.  Don't know the answer but I guess we all will in a few months time if they get promoted. :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I'd prefer he stays longer and performs in the EPL on the assumption it would lead to a bigger initial transfer fee for Cardiff. If he went to a Stoke in the summer for say £6m then his subsequent transfer was to Liverpool for £20m then we'd have potentially lost out on a better payout.

Half of you lot on here were gagging to slag him off most of the time when he played for us....have to laugh....

Also good to see people who are watching the Championship now because of Calum have eventually started agreeing with what was an argument against me over the past few years... The Championship is entirely average and overrated league.

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Exactly . He’s going to go far down there hopefully. He did right by us with a sell on clause whilst wanting to further his career down south . Top man and all the best to him. Fantastic player

Absolutely this! He’s a genuine, down to earth lad and deserves a top career in the game.

Edited by It should have been ten

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Half of you lot on here were gagging to slag him off most of the time when he played for us....have to laugh....

Also good to see people who are watching the Championship now because of Calum have eventually started agreeing with what was an argument against me over the past few years... The Championship is entirely average and overrated league.

I agree to an extent but Still, most teams would still beat the majority of team in the SPFL. We would be mid table IMO but with resources would massive strides under our current model. 

CP will never be a £30million player or will he play for a top 6 EPL side.

If he can continue to progress the way he is, he is a good fit for the majority of the teams out with that 6 though.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Jambo92 said:

So unhappy that he insisted on Hearts getting a sell on fee percentage.  

do you know anything at all about football ?? '' he insisted on hearts getting a sell on clause'' do me a favor ,this happens most of the time with young players, Nicholson , Walker , Paterson,'' all insisted on sell on clause'' if Smith decides to stay at ST Mirren there will be a sell on clause in that as well '' as is with a lot of transfer dealings. Not rocket science mate , I know you tried to be funny but you have no clue if you think Paterson or any other player does this because they loved the clubs they are leaving unfortunately now a days it's all about money.

I am not against the club at all as some on here think I am backing the player because I know what happened.

Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

do you know anything at all about football ?? '' he insisted on hearts getting a sell on clause'' do me a favor ,this happens most of the time with young players, Nicholson , Walker , Paterson,'' all insisted on sell on clause'' if Smith decides to stay at ST Mirren there will be a sell on clause in that as well '' as is with a lot of transfer dealings. Not rocket science mate , I know you tried to be funny but you have no clue if you think Paterson or any other player does this because they loved the clubs they are leaving unfortunately now a days it's all about money.

I am not against the club at all as some on here think I am backing the player because I know what happened.

CP signed for Cardiff on a freedom of contract and they only ever had to pay us a development fee as per the rules. CP asked for a 15% sell on clause to be put in as a thanks to Hearts. He didn't have to. Cardiff didn't have to agree. Hearts had no position to insist on it.

2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

CP signed for Cardiff on a freedom of contract and they only ever had to pay us a development fee as per the rules. CP asked for a 15% sell on clause to be put in as a thanks to Hearts. He didn't have to. Cardiff didn't have to agree. Hearts had no position to insist on it.

This was my understanding of the situation. Is this not the case? 

7 minutes ago, tamflogel said:

This was my understanding of the situation. Is this not the case? 

According to maroonnicky no, but CL, CP and Cardiff have all said differently and I know who I believe!

Guest Paul Allen
55 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If he can continue to progress the way he is, he is a good fit for the majority of the teams out with that 6 though.

I disagree, I think CP has the potential to play at the same level as Andy Robertson.

35 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Crikey! I don't proclaim to be a footballing master but feel like I have a pretty good grasp about the game.  As other posters have mention and also a link to article suggesting that Paterson insisted on the clause, Hearts weren't entitled to it.  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reason-callum-paterson-chose-cardiff-13152773

Don't really understand the rest of your post but can you explain in a bit more detail what Hearts have done to upset Callum?  The way I see it we developed him into a Scottish national team player, gave him game time which gives him experience way beyond his years, and when he got a serious injury we offered him a deal to stay without knowing how he would recover.  I think Paterson has done pretty well out of us and quite rightly felt our loyalty should be rewarded with a sell on clause should he develop into the player we all believe he will.  

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I disagree on your first line.  He's a 20 goal a season midfielder now playing in a team that should make the play offs, if he can stay there and help keep them in the league for a season then which scoring 15+ then teams will easily want to buy that for £30M+.  A bit obvious, but goals win you games and winning games keeps you in the multi billion pound league.

maroonnicky63
Just now, E6 Inc said:

no player has to agree to a sell on if they don't want to

maroonnicky63
Just now, Jambo92 said:

Crikey! I don't proclaim to be a footballing master but feel like I have a pretty good grasp about the game.  As other posters have mention and also a link to article suggesting that Paterson insisted on the clause, Hearts weren't entitled to it.  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reason-callum-paterson-chose-cardiff-13152773

Don't really understand the rest of your post but can you explain in a bit more detail what Hearts have done to upset Callum?  The way I see it we developed him into a Scottish national team player, gave him game time which gives him experience way beyond his years, and when he got a serious injury we offered him a deal to stay without knowing how he would recover.  I think Paterson has done pretty well out of us and quite rightly felt our loyalty should be rewarded with a sell on clause should he develop into the player we all believe he will.  

oh dear , ok lets just leave it there then I think. I was sticking up for Paterson because he done nothing wrong and some seem to think on here that he should have signed a contract. If Paterson was deemed not good enough do you think Hearts would have still given him a contact ,NO they would have dumped him because that's the way football is, it works both ways . Best of luck to him

8 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

no player has to agree to a sell on if they don't want to

So he did ask for it then contrary to what you said earlier. You're having a mare here. 

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So he did ask for it then contrary to what you said earlier. You're having a mare here. 

Oof isnt he just!

26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

An absolute stinker. You could say he's making a 'big show' of himself. I often wonder where that poster went. Constantly claiming to know the intricacies of the young players contract dealings. Arguing with everyone about young players. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

maroonnicky63
Just now, Rudy T said:

Ahh Rudy been expecting you I didn't think you would understand ,so lets go back to primary, The club that the player is leaving can ask for it to be added or the player can, but it is by no means a legal requirement , the buying club or the club that the player is going to has to agree to this. I don't believe for a minute that Paterson would have any issues with it.

I take it you are one of the fans who always supported him and knew he would make it big because there are loads on here jumping on that bandwagon.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

An absolute stinker. You could say he's making a 'big show' of himself. I often wonder where that poster went. Constantly claiming to know the intricacies of the young players contract dealings. Arguing with everyone about young players. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

ahh here they all come another one who who knew Paterson would make it , well done. I have read some of your nonsense as well mr negative.

3 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Ahh Rudy been expecting you I didn't think you would understand ,so lets go back to primary, The club that the player is leaving can ask for it to be added or the player can, but it is by no means a legal requirement , the buying club or the club that the player is going to has to agree to this. I don't believe for a minute that Paterson would have any issues with it.

I take it you are one of the fans who always supported him and knew he would make it big because there are loads on here jumping on that bandwagon.

You are now arguing with yourself. You stated that our players always have sell on clauses as an argument against posters saying Callum went out of his way to get it added as a thank you to Hearts. Now you are saying it isn't always added, so Callum did ask fort it to be added. You seriously need to take a wee break and decide what side of your argument you are on 

43 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

oh dear , ok lets just leave it there then I think. I was sticking up for Paterson because he done nothing wrong and some seem to think on here that he should have signed a contract. If Paterson was deemed not good enough do you think Hearts would have still given him a contact ,NO they would have dumped him because that's the way football is, it works both ways . Best of luck to him

Honestly don't know what point you're trying to make, Hearts obviously wanted to keep him, offered him contract(s), one after he was seriously injured.  Paterson turned them down as he wanted to try and progress his career and left with best wishes.  Paterson went above what he was entitled to do by telling Cardiff to insert a sell on fee.  

4 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

ahh here they all come another one who who knew Paterson would make it , well done. I have read some of your nonsense as well mr negative.

It was widely stated (by Warnock as well) that Paterson insisted on a sell on clause.  

9 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Sorry - what? I'm Mr Negative, but i knew Paterson would make it? Which is it? (Just an FYI - I am one of the most positive people about Hearts you will ever meet. You learn not to get to down when you have to sit on 5 hour train journey's home after a defeat.)

Also - what is my opinion on if he would make it or not got to do with you having a mare about a sell on clause? Put the keyboard down pal, you are having an absolute shocker.

He did insist, he didn't, he had no control, everyone get's one, he insisted, people are know it alls, people are negative. Maybe it's you. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

maroonnicky63
Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

Sorry - what? I'm Mr Negative, but i knew Paterson would make it? Which is it? (Just an FYI - I am one of the most positive people about Hearts you will ever meet. You learn not to get to down when you have to sit on 5 hour train journey's home after a defeat.)

Also - what is my opinion on if he would make it or not got to do with you having a mare about a sell on clause? Put the keyboard down pal, you are having an absolute shocker.

He did insist, he didn't, he had no control, everyone get's one, he insisted, people are know it alls, people are negative. Maybe it's you. 

I feel so hurt

maroonnicky63
Just now, Jocam2325 said:

It was widely stated (by Warnock as well) that Paterson insisted on a sell on clause.  

valid point 

maroonnicky63
Just now, XB52 said:

You are now arguing with yourself. You stated that our players always have sell on clauses as an argument against posters saying Callum went out of his way to get it added as a thank you to Hearts. Now you are saying it isn't always added, so Callum did ask fort it to be added. You seriously need to take a wee break and decide what side of your argument you are on 

well if I am arguing with myself I am having a very intelligent conversation at last today

21 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

well if I am arguing with myself I am having a very intelligent conversation at last today

Since you have such insight into the life's of Walker, Nicholson etc. what's our sell on clause for Jamie should he fulfill his early promise at Wigan?

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

In my opinion he's already a better player than Robertson and will get better and better.  Robertson's done ok for himself.

I said years ago that CP had all that was needed to go as far as Bale. Looking at him the last couple of games, looks like I might be right. Things can go wrong of course, as Callum well knows, but we could be quids in soon

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Definitely the big show . You can tell by the punctuation . Spaces before and after full stops/commas etc.  .

maroonnicky63
Just now, XB52 said:

I said years ago that CP had all that was needed to go as far as Bale. Looking at him the last couple of games, looks like I might be right. Things can go wrong of course, as Callum well knows, but we could be quids in soon

oh yeh I remember that and looks like you could be spot on

maroonnicky63
Just now, Jambo92 said:

Since you have such insight into the life's of Walker, Nicholson etc. what's our sell on clause for Jamie should he fulfill his early promise at Wigan?

oh you wouldn't be interested Jambo92 as I talk nonsense

If he can work hard as F and turn himself into a massive unit then who knows how far he can go, he's certainly on the right path to being sensational and his start for Cardiff couldn't have gone better for him, and us!