• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He Who Cannot Be Named
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I said years ago that CP had all that was needed to go as far as Bale. Looking at him the last couple of games, looks like I might be right. Things can go wrong of course, as Callum well knows, but we could be quids in soon

Have a quiet word with yourself mate.

3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Ahh Rudy been expecting you I didn't think you would understand ,so lets go back to primary, The club that the player is leaving can ask for it to be added or the player can, but it is by no means a legal requirement , the buying club or the club that the player is going to has to agree to this. I don't believe for a minute that Paterson would have any issues with it.

I take it you are one of the fans who always supported him and knew he would make it big because there are loads on here jumping on that bandwagon.

Sorry man you've lost me. You said he didn't ask for it and took us all to football school.....you then said he did ask for it....I think you need a wee lie down. I'm unsure what Patersons potential or otherwise has to do with your ramblings...nor do I care. He saw out his contract and move on we may benefit from that further. Good luck to the lad. See you on the next player thread...when you can reveal exclusively maybes aye maybes naw!

maroonnicky63
Just now, Rudy T said:

Sorry man you've lost me. You said he didn't ask for it and took us all to football school.....you then said he did ask for it....I think you need a wee lie down. I'm unsure what Patersons potential or otherwise has to do with your ramblings...nor do I care. He saw out his contract and move on we may benefit from that further. Good luck to the lad. See you on the next player thread...when you can reveal exclusively maybes aye maybes naw!

is that you Kenny ??

6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

CP will never be a £30million player or will he play for a top 6 EPL side.

If he can continue to progress the way he is, he is a good fit for the majority of the teams out with that 6 though.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I said years ago that CP had all that was needed to go as far as Bale. Looking at him the last couple of games, looks like I might be right. Things can go wrong of course, as Callum well knows, but we could be quids in soon

Callum's asset is his enthusiasm and workrate. It's a good education where he is just now.

I believe he does have potential to play at a high level. Football does change and he might benefit from a move to more direct football that has started a bit in opposition to passing teams to death.

He might for example emerge as a goal-scoring no nonsense centre half say like John Terry. 

Edited by Mikey1874

I see him ending up somewhere like Stoke or Newcastle. In the inflated market down south he could easily move for ~£12M, which would be a tidy £1.8M for us :-)

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Definitely the big show . You can tell by the punctuation . Spaces before and after full stops/commas etc.  .

You don't leave spaces after a sentence. ;)

RustyRightPeg
16 hours ago, Armageddon said:

If he can work hard as F and turn himself into a massive unit then who knows how far he can go, he's certainly on the right path to being sensational and his start for Cardiff couldn't have gone better for him, and us!

He already is a massive unit. Watching him against Man City he was out jumping Kompany and Otamendi comfortably for headers and was going toe to toe with Fernandinho in the middle of the park on a physical basis.

The technical side of his game requires work, but he's in the best place to develop this at present.

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Callum's asset is his enthusiasm and workrate. It's a good education where he is just now.

I believe he does have potential to play at a high level. Football does change and he might benefit from a move to more direct football that has started a bit in opposition to passing teams to death.

He might for example emerge as a goal-scoring no nonsense centre half say like John Terry. 

One thing I've noticed about callum over the years is that while he's great at heading in an attacking sense, he's not reliable enough on the defensive side. When he gets it right, he really gets it right, but I've seen him beaten at corners more times than I'm comfortable with. He's not a central defender.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

I think Paterson has potential to do well but I think saying he can go on to reach Bale's level is a tad too far.

Quite. He's still a long way from world class.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

International caps will add to any value.

nowhere near bale, thats just silly.

I have never said he is near to Bale quality, just that he has everything going for him to one day perhaps get to somewhere like his level. So many things can go wrong that he may never get there but I believe he could

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I have never said he is near to Bale quality, just that he has everything going for him to one day perhaps get to somewhere like his level. So many things can go wrong that he may never get there but I believe he could

Never in a million years will he achieve what bale has but he could be the best scottish player in a generation.

50 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Never in a million years will he achieve what bale has but he could be the best scottish player in a generation.

I'llsettle for that?

On 06/02/2018 at 12:28, Armageddon said:

I disagree on your first line.  He's a 20 goal a season midfielder now playing in a team that should make the play offs, if he can stay there and help keep them in the league for a season then which scoring 15+ then teams will easily want to buy that for £30M+.  A bit obvious, but goals win you games and winning games keeps you in the multi billion pound league.

I think he'll at best move for 20 million. I think he's an excellent player but his versatility may prevent him getting a really expensive move.

He's not for example a 20 goal a season midfielder as you state so it isn't quite as cut and dry. He may become one but right now he's not there.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Really impressed with his start. He's clearly not Bale and I don't think he's anywhere near as technically skillful as Andrew Robertson, but strong, athletic, 10 to 15 goals from midfield, and up and down the pitch like he's motorized - teams in the bottom half of EPL would pay 10 to 15 mil for that without even thinking. He's gonna make us 2m one day. Boy deserves a statue for that sell on clause. 

1 minute ago, poultry said:

Could be if he goes for millions.

Indeed I believe Levein decided on slightly less up front in the hope that it would pay off in the longer term. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

Indeed I believe Levein decided on slightly less up front in the hope that it would pay off in the longer term. 

He was out out of contract, so no transfer fee. Hearts were not party to any negotiations because as he wasn’t a Hearts player it was nothing to do with them. CP insisted on sell on clause, feck all to do with CL.

As well as having bags of ability, Callum has the athleticism and physique to be a huge success in England or abroad. He’s going to go for huge money in the not too distant future provided he avoids injury.

Surely some on here aint comparing CP to Bale

CP is a cracking player and will go onto do well in the game but he aint no Real Madrid prospect

Bazzas right boot
On 06/02/2018 at 15:01, XB52 said:

Not sure do will end up at Madrid.

He'll do well, but i Think you've taken it too far?

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, jambo1961 said:

CP is a cracking player and will go onto do well in the game but he aint no Real Madrid prospect

Folk taking things too far, again.

All good fun tho. 

RustyRightPeg
33 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

He's more of a swiss army knife for them. He's played near enough everywhere for them this year already

20 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was out out of contract, so no transfer fee. Hearts were not party to any negotiations because as he wasn’t a Hearts player it was nothing to do with them. CP insisted on sell on clause, feck all to do with CL.

We could still have negotiated on the compensation fee though.

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

Always been the same Neil yet most on here think he's the future Scotland right back!

He's the current Scotland right back, or was when fit. Versatile I think is the word.

Some of us knew........:whistling:  and wouldn't you know it, praise for Robbie too! 

On 12/23/2014 at 16:28, Hendricks said:

Haha great decision by Robbie given the injuries. Paterson has the enthusiasm, attitude and ability to play wherever he is asked. He won't be a right back as his career develops, nor will he be a striker but it says everything for his versatility that he can be played in both places. Has all the attributes to be a modern midfielder and thats where he will end up.

56 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We weren't part of the negotiations, it was nothing to do with Hearts. Callum was a free agent and free to sign with who he liked but he asked for a sell on clause.

Always felt Callum is more suited as a forward. I've never felt that we made the most of his attributes playing him as a defender but even then he scored loads from set pieces.

Imo in the crazy England market he's worth £5m based on what he's already done and that will only increase if he keeps it up.

International exposure also important.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Always felt Callum is more suited as a forward. I've never felt that we made the most of his attributes playing him as a defender but even then he scored loads from set pieces.

you maybe right but don't know if you remember this but when Hearts played Callum up front he took some terrible abuse on here. Saying that it only proves that some players take longer to show their ability/ maturity on the pitch and we as fans should give them the time to do that, we are to quick to judge and think if a player does not show quality by the time they are around 20 they wont make it, Some young players develop early and some take a wee bit longer.

maroonnicky63
Just now, jambo1961 said:

Correct he will go on to have a great career hopefully some just get carried away on here

59 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Imo in the crazy England market he's worth £5m based on what he's already done and that will only increase if he keeps it up.

International exposure also important.

Not really. Look at the amount of money Ross McCormack has went for and hardly had any caps!

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

you maybe right but don't know if you remember this but when Hearts played Callum up front he took some terrible abuse on here. Saying that it only proves that some players take longer to show their ability/ maturity on the pitch and we as fans should give them the time to do that, we are to quick to judge and think if a player does not show quality by the time they are around 20 they wont make it, Some young players develop early and some take a wee bit longer.

I do indeed remember. Callum Paterson was 18 years old when he was hoist up front on his tod. He's a completely different proposition now than he was then. 

If he works on his runs and finishing 1v1, he's got every other attribute you'd want in a Centre Forward imo. 

On 2/7/2018 at 19:30, Fozzyonthefence said:

Thought we got circa £400k?

Just checked - maybe not.

Edited by graygo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Agree with Warnock. He isn't a right back. I'm not sure what he is, but as I said last weekend, every team should have one. Nail down 10 positions and just let Callum run around :lol:

Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thought we got circa £400k?

Just checked - maybe not.

Think we got a development fee didn’t we? Definitely no transfer fee  though as he was out of contract.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How? It’s not a figure that’s agreed between the two clubs. The figure is set in stone.

52 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How? It’s not a figure that’s agreed between the two clubs. The figure is set in stone.

It's not, it's an agreement between two clubs which can result in a tribunal should an agreement not be reached.

See - Holt, Telfer, McGinn etc.

1 hour ago, jambo1961 said:

Like Warnock will be ragin

Maybe tongue in cheek or CP would not  be playing

Warnock has a great sense of humour. Whenever he’s on talksport it’s a must listen. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I'm almost certain it was Callum himself that demanded the 15% sell on fee from Cardiff.