Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

Just started watching the game and it appears that United have been by far the better team.

Notwithstanding the Paterson effect, but delighted Cardiff have equalised due to the number of non foul free kicks the officials awarded United in the 5 minutes or so I've watched the game.

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Records are made to be broken. Has any team as bad as Cardiff, with Neil W in charge, ever been promoted to the EPL. I doubt it. 

I very much doubt it! I’ve said it before, they’re the new Wimbledon. But still want to see them and CP doing well. Good to see an underdog doing well and they’re massively over achieving.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Just started watching the game and it appears that United have been by far the better team.

Notwithstanding the Paterson effect, but delighted Cardiff have equalised due to the number of non foul free kicks the officials awarded United in that time.

I was thinking that too. The ref, Oliver, is a Premier League ref but thought he was poor. No wonder no British refs at the World Cup.

Really tricky spell coming up for them which presumeably means that their last few games should be a bit easier.

Good that they've got a points buffer over 3rd place.

Commentators kept saying it was inevitable but I genuinely didn't see it coming. Sheffield United made them look very average tonight.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was thinking that too. The ref, Oliver, is a Premier League ref but thought he was poor. No wonder no British refs at the World Cup.

Is it the players fault, or is it the spineless match officials who allow themselves to be conned so easily and take the easy option out of sort of shrugging their shoulders.  The player conned me....

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will be interesting to see if it's a Prem ref on Friday. The first game Wolves v Cardiff earlier in the season was more like a rugby game and I don't see it being any different on Friday. 

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Commentators kept saying it was inevitable but I genuinely didn't see it coming. Sheffield United made them look very average tonight.

Tough league. Can't be on top all the time. 

Middlesbrough are in play off place with 13 defeats

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lucky tonight but not over the course of the season.

guaranteed second place now. Fulham won’t catch them

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lucky tonight but not over the course of the season.

guaranteed second place now. Fulham won’t catch them

Probably but Fulham are on a terrific run and Cardiff have a really  tough run in - 7 games left which include Wolves at home and 4 away games including Villa, Derby. I can see Cardiff dropping a lot of points.

Салатные палочки

Cardiff v Wolves live tonight on Sky Sports.  

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Cardiff v Wolves live tonight on Sky Sports.  

Huge game for them, 6 points behind Wolves with game in hand also.

Think I will stay up for this one.

Hope Paterson gets promoted. Could increase his value. I'm praying for him to pull and Andy Robertson and get a big transfer fee.

Салатные палочки
53 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hope Paterson gets promoted. Could increase his value. I'm praying for him to pull and Andy Robertson and get a big transfer fee.

Robertson looked totally within his depth the other night btw and the Liverpool fans have really taken to him.  Like Paterson, he plays with little fear and is confident in his ability.  It's encouraging that him and Paterson could be our international full-backs for a long, long time.  That is, if Paterson isn't used as a CM as he has been for Cardiff, with great effect.  

This is guff so far. 

Though Cardiff just miss a great chance.

Imagine Matt Doherty in the Premiership :D

CP playing further back than previous weeks, had a good flick on other than that anonymous.

Was thinking who I would like to win more but got the CP goggles on then remembered Colin Cameron was a wolves recruit and Christophe.

Yea thats how boring the first half was - also noticed he is no longer on long throws, Not a slight on his ability just think Warnock wants him in the box for his aerial ability.

Not lost a header tonight so far.

I think it's a decent game actually. Fairly end to end. Wolves are the better team on the eye but Cardiff get the results. 

2 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Looks to have pulled a muscle in his back clearing the ball. Hope it's not to serious 

Strange one, no tackle just cleared and pulled a muscle. Still hope Cardiff can get something out of this.

2 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Looks to have pulled a muscle in his back clearing the ball. Hope it's not to serious 

The fact he was shaking his leg as if it was a leg injury makes me think it was the gluteus medius that’s been hurt opposed to his back. The medius controls a lot of the internal rotation of the hip as a synergist(controlling the motion instead of making the motion happen) and is the highest up out of the butt muscles. Either that or herniated disc... but I’m sure he’d be in more pain in the latter case! 

So just above the glutunis maximus. Doubt he would have been able to walk off if it was herniated disc, Know a little about this at present as I have C4-C7 displacement - due to sleeping on my bloody stomach.

Салатные палочки

Nice free kick. The poor man's Lafferty.

2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

So just above the glutunis maximus. Doubt he would have been able to walk off if it was herniated disc, Know a little about this at present as I have C4-C7 displacement - due to sleeping on my bloody stomach.

Yeah highly doubt it’s the herniated disc. Then again Paterson is superhuman! Pretty positive it will be the gluteus medius! I done mine going into a squat as part of a running warm up. It didn’t give me as much pain as Paterson looked like but it was pretty bad! Went away in a couple days but at the time felt like it was a disastrous injury. 

Салатные палочки

That was unreal at the end. Glad I kept it on. 

Bazzas right boot

2 pens in injury time missed.

Big Brucey G wouldn't have a look in.

meh Cardiff awarded a penalty in the last minute of extra time Medine stepped up and telegraphed a passing shot right into the welcome arms of the Wolves keeper, awful penalty.

The_razors_edge
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

:D Warnock telling the Wolves manager "**** you" at the end.

Was a good fashioned “**** off”. Not enough of that between managers these days IMHO

Салатные палочки

Warnock :rofl:

Quite rightly pissed off at his team missing two pens and I think he indicated to him that he tried to shake his hand before he ran on the park.

2 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Warnock proving he is still a dick

So having seen his team miss two injury time penalties, both of which are penalties,  Warnock turns to shake the hand of the winning manager only to find he has completely ignored him and ran on to celebrate. 

When he eventually he remembers common courtesy and sees fit to shake the opponents hand, Warnock tells him to **** off.

Yet Warnock is somehow the dick? 

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Салатные палочки

Wolves manager looks like Tre's dad in Boyz in the Hood. 

"Gimme the motherf****** gun Tre"

It should have been ten
On 02/04/2018 at 19:54, Baillie07 said:

Was in Cardiff at the weekend for the boxing and spoke to a few guys about him, most reckon he won’t be there for long! One of their best players already! 

Can see him at Liverpool one day. No idea why and I'm probably way off lol

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

So having seen his team miss two injury time penalties, both of which are penalties,  Warnock turns to shake the hand of the winning manager only to find he has completely ignored him and ran on to celebrate. 

When he eventually he remembers common courtesy and sees fit to shake the opponents hand, Warnock tells him to **** off.

Yet Warnock is somehow the dick? 

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

This

Captain Canada

Warnock was spot on with his reaction and comments. Wolves acted like they'd just won the world cup. They've not even won the championship yet! 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

The fact he was shaking his leg as if it was a leg injury makes me think it was the gluteus medius that’s been hurt opposed to his back. The medius controls a lot of the internal rotation of the hip as a synergist(controlling the motion instead of making the motion happen) and is the highest up out of the butt muscles. Either that or herniated disc... but I’m sure he’d be in more pain in the latter case! 

So not a sore arse then?

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Wolves manager looks like Tre's dad in Boyz in the Hood. 

"Gimme the motherf****** gun Tre"

??

Any man with a dick can make a baby Tre ....