• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three point behind Wolves at this rate......

If we win this then its another massive game away to Derby on Sunday, who are in fairly shite form. South Wales derby will hopefully be making an EPL comeback.....

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've reached the point of really looking forward to Cardiff's games.  Really hope CP can avoid injuries and maintain his form.  Being a key part of a championship winning side or just a promotion side would be massive for him.

Me too. The Championship is the most exciting league this season with Cardiff, Aston Villa, Wolves and Fulham competing for the two automatic promotion spots.

Paterson and Warnock are doing great for Cardiff and they play a fast aggressive game that is good to watch.

6 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Three point behind Wolves at this rate......

If we win this then its another massive game away to Derby on Sunday, who are in fairly shite form. South Wales derby will hopefully be making an EPL comeback.....

7 points in front of Aston Villa for automatic promotion place if Villa continue to lose tonight. 

Just read on BBC Sol Bamba also scored.

Maybe the Championship isn’t that good afterall. 

It should have been ten
17 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

And some on here claim that Walker was a better player!!

:4_1_72:

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Just read on BBC Sol Bamba also scored.

Maybe the Championship isn’t that good afterall. 

Half volley on the turn.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Better view of the goal

Thanks for sharing Mikey.

Looking good for a nice chunk of a sell-on fee.

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Could end up as our record sale at this rate.

With a 15% sell on clause, he'll need to go for £60m to equal the £9m for Craig Gordon.

How long is his contract at Cardiff and if it runs out and he moves on...

That's it? 

Placid Casual
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

With a 15% sell on clause, he'll need to go for £60m to equal the £9m for Craig Gordon.

Could happen. Lacazette went to Arsenal for £55 million!

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Scores his second tonight!

Eh? Third goal was Zohore....unless you think its very sunny down in Cardiff? 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Its zohore that got the third wasn’t it ?

Yes my mistake, or should say Skybet they had it down as Paterson but have just updated it

Edited by Tiger

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, The Brow said:

You're terrible, Muriel! :biglaugh:

Paterson assist, though?

The Internet
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Bargain. 

Portable Badger
20 minutes ago, The Brow said:

:laugh:  veritable heatwave !!!

Fantastic night for Cardiff.  My phone had Brentford as pretty warm favourites so they must be no mugs.

Really pleased for them.

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You're terrible, Muriel! :biglaugh:

Paterson assist, though?

even warmer...Junoir Hoilett 

7pts clear in second and Man Utd getting rimmed by Sevilla Europa League FC. 

What a night. 

7 minutes ago, The Brow said:

even warmer...Junoir Hoilett 

7pts clear in second and Man Utd getting rimmed by Sevilla Europa League FC. 

What a night. 

Killie win would top it off for me.  I like Killie Mitch bit can't stand ISTL.  And I don't want Aberdeen winning anything.

Have to say Cardiff are not one of the better teams I've seen in the championship this year but the table doesn't lie. 

Clark Griswold
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Killie win would top it off for me.  I like Killie Mitch bit can't stand ISTL.  And I don't want Aberdeen winning anything.

1-1

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Have to say Cardiff are not one of the better teams I've seen in the championship this year but the table doesn't lie. 

They remind me of the old Wimbledon. Not the most pleasing on the eye but seems to be a good fit for CP. Sol Bamba’s goal was a worldly though!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Hes doing very well as he is a tailor made Warnock player. Thats not to say he isnt superb, but he is 100%, the most Championship player I can think off. 

Be very interesting to see how his more limited technique does in the EPL and whether his physical gifts, which make him a standout in the Championship, make him a good EPL player where he would definitely find playing centre midfield more troubling. 

Sol Bambas goal was an absolute screamer............

I agree reference Patterson, but his first time finishing is actually really good.

Both feet, head.

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Hes doing very well as he is a tailor made Warnock player. Thats not to say he isnt superb, but he is 100%, the most Championship player I can think off. 

Be very interesting to see how his more limited technique does in the EPL and whether his physical gifts, which make him a standout in the Championship, make him a good EPL player where he would definitely find playing centre midfield more troubling. 

You're right in saying Paterson is not the most technically gifted but he's an absolute machine and has a will to win that even most Premier League players would struggle to match. 

He seems to have taken on the CM role with ease at Cardiff (having never played there before) so no reason why he couldn't do it at a higher level. 

And outside the top 6 or 7, there's not many midfielder in the Premier League who I'd look at and think they were streets ahead of Paterson. In fact in the bottom half there's a fair amount of bang average journeyman midfielders. 

I watch Arsenal a fair bit and they don't have anyone who would come close to matching Paterson's physicality and ability in the air. 

5 minutes ago, Barasa said:

You're right in saying Paterson is not the most technically gifted but he's an absolute machine and has a will to win that even most Premier League players would struggle to match. 

He seems to have taken on the CM role with ease at Cardiff (having never played there before) so no reason why he couldn't do it at a higher level. 

And outside the top 6 or 7, there's not many midfielder in the Premier League who I'd look at and think they were streets ahead of Paterson. In fact in the bottom half there's a fair amount of bang average journeyman midfielders. 

I watch Arsenal a fair bit and they don't have anyone who would come close to matching Paterson's physicality and ability in the air. 

Think he would revel in a team like Burnley or Stoke. Hopefully incoming bids of £15-£20 Mill after he takes the Premier League by storm....

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Better view of the goal

I miss him so much 

:sob:

I should be getting over it by now but I’m just not. I still miss him so badly and he hasn’t actually played for us in aaaaages now. Pleased he’s doing well, of course, but it still feels like a sore one.

?

13 hours ago, The Brow said:

He is still a young lad - pretty sure his technique will be improving from when he was at Hearts.

maroonnicky63
Just now, redm said:

I should be getting over it by now but I’m just not. I still miss him so badly and he hasn’t actually played for us in aaaaages now. Pleased he’s doing well, of course, but it still feels like a sore one.

?

but but but according to some on here he was shite wasn't he. ha ha just love this the noise is deafening from the nupties on here they have gone AWOL or pretended they said he was brilliant

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

but but but according to some on here he was shite wasn't he. ha ha just love this the noise is deafening from the nupties on here they have gone AWOL or pretended they said he was brilliant

He did get a bit of a hard time for a while. I remember that.

I also remember people coming to all sorts of odd and twisted conclusions about a perceived "attitude problem". He got the "omg he's arrogant!" treatment. Always the first port of call for critics who don't have much to go on. :laugh: 

14 hours ago, The Brow said:

I'm not saying you're wrong because who can tell, but, there were many Hearts supporters who doubted how he would suit the English Championship.  It looks as though he has adapted fairly well and is still young enough to improve further.  He seems to have the drive and ambition to do so.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I seem to remember most of the criticism being that he couldn't defend, not that he was shite. 

This. And interestingly Neil Warnock agrees.

Arthur Morgan

I think if Andy Robertson can get into the Liverpool team then I see no reason why Paterson can't make it in the EPL. Paterson is 23, Robertson has just turned 24.

Edited by Joel Miller

21 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

But believes he has the attributes to be a very good centre half later in his career.

Will be interesting where his next move will be.

Can't see him scurrying back up to Scotland before half a season was out like Cummings.

At times this season, he would have pulled Celtic out of a hole in some of their games they have dropped points but if anything, I don't think they would touch him as they would have to give us 15%.

And Warnock said he really liked Rangers and wants them to win in Scotland.  Aye Neil.  Wait until they put an offer in wanting him on loan until they sell him when they will pay the transfer fee out of the sale proceeds.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

But believes he has the attributes to be a very good centre half later in his career.

I’d have to agree. He’s going to have to move back at some point and I don’t think he has the passing range for a good holding midfielder so a ‘no nonsense’ type CH would be a probability. 

I suspect he’ll do a Berra and come back here towards the end of his career.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’d have to agree. He’s going to have to move back at some point and I don’t think he has the passing range for a good holding midfielder so a ‘no nonsense’ type CH would be a probability. 

I suspect he’ll do a Berra and come back here towards the end of his career.

He doesn't have the same roots that Berra has up here. He was brought up in London for starters and doesn't have any kids up here. However, his affinity for us might persuade to come back up one day. Would love to see that daft sod in a Hearts jersey again one day.

The White Cockade

Always loved the big man

was the most important player in our team

was gutted when he left

but remember me and others saying he had to play further forward as he was wasted at full back and getting shot down in flames

by those who said nah right back was his position

the boy can play just about anywhere but anybody with his strength, aerial ability and goal scoring potential has to be playing

midfield or even further forward and like Warnock could see him at centre half later in his career

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

He agrees for the time being in respect to him playing full back (as opposed to wing back).

As I've said before don't be surprised if Warnock gives him a few run outs at centre half though. I have heard this numerous times since he arrived at Cardiff and Warnock even stated it publicly yesterday.