• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't football frustrating.  We've built Paterson up to being twice the player Bale is and now he turns out to be rubbish.  Lucky to get a game for Alloa.

I'm the biggest offender.

Not seen much English championship football but expected the standard to be a lot better than this. Cardiff look particularly awful, and not just for that strip.

stirlingshirejambo

He’s been plying centre forward last 15  had one headed off line 

Edited by stirlingshirejambo

Paterson actually did OK. Strange seeing him playing as an attacking central midfielder and then up front at the end. Looked better as the game went on.

He won a lot of headers including one that was cleared off the line and could have won it in injury time with a good burst of speed to get into the box before shooting wide.

The overall quality was poor. Cardiff should have won it and would have but for a shocking refereeing decision. Cardiff player fouled on edge of box, ref plays advantage and then inexplicably blows whistle just as they scored and called it back for the free kick.

3 hours ago, Rattatooi said:

Not seen much English championship football but expected the standard to be a lot better than this. Cardiff look particularly awful, and not just for that strip.

Watching from the outside I almost always find even non-Hearts SPFL games more watchable than a Championship game. The tsunamis of money at the EPL level have inflated everyone's expectations of quality in the EFL but IMO the league setup lends itself to a kind of war of attrition over the course of the season.

Be nice if the SPFL had people in charge of it who thought the same...

2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Paterson actually did OK. Strange seeing him playing as an attacking central midfielder and then up front at the end. Looked better as the game went on.

He won a lot of headers including one that was cleared off the line and could have won it in injury time with a good burst of speed to get into the box before shooting wide.

The overall quality was poor. Cardiff should have won it and would have but for a shocking refereeing decision. Cardiff player fouled on edge of box, ref plays advantage and then inexplicably blows whistle just as they scored and called it back for the free kick.

You see in flashes that there is a decent standard of player though, I thought Millwall's goal was really well taken.

Portable Badger
9 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Watching from the outside I almost always find even non-Hearts SPFL games more watchable than a Championship game. The tsunamis of money at the EPL level have inflated everyone's expectations of quality in the EFL but IMO the league setup lends itself to a kind of war of attrition over the course of the season.

Be nice if the SPFL had people in charge of it who thought the same...

What you can only envy about the leagues down south is they way they are professionally marketed, hyped and presented.  They create the perception of a professional, fantastic league inspite of the actual standard of football played.

Home game for Cardiff tomorrow.  Hot favourites.  Let's hope Callum plays better.

I thought there was done inane rule that no-one was allowed to play on CL nights.  Clearly not.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Home game for Cardiff tomorrow.  Hot favourites.  Let's hope Callum plays better.

I thought there was done inane rule that no-one was allowed to play on CL nights.  Clearly not.

The rules changed last season. Common sense prevailed at last so TV can show games at the same time now

Edited by 1971fozzy

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The rule was that games could not be televised live at the same time as the CL (we’ve twice played Hibs in cup replays when CL games were on, that’s why they weren’t on tv). 

No idea if the rule has changed or if their game is live on tv tomorrow night. Was thinking I’ll watch Man City game tomorrow but then remembered it will be on BT.

Stephen Muddie
On 10/02/2018 at 10:16, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

What you can only envy about the leagues down south is they way they are professionally marketed, hyped and presented.  They create the perception of a professional, fantastic league inspite of the actual standard of football played.

+1 the power of moneyed marketing 

18 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The rule was that games could not be televised live at the same time as the CL (we’ve twice played Hibs in cup replays when CL games were on, that’s why they weren’t on tv). 

No idea if the rule has changed or if their game is live on tv tomorrow night. Was thinking I’ll watch Man City game tomorrow but then remembered it will be on BT.

The Cardiff game is not on tv

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:16, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Not only has Big Arrogant Fallilalliwell and his PA, Dumbcaster not sold Scottish Football, they have denigrated it!

"No use without both the Uglies playing each other 4 times a season in the League and," if the balls are warmed up properly, "in both Cup Finals."

That's why Regan had to go!  There was enough warming of the balls for the Scottish Cup. 

You can see that the problem has been rectified in the latest Scottish Cup draw.

Portable Badger
10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Not only has Big Arrogant Fallilalliwell and his PA, Dumbcaster not sold Scottish Football, they have denigrated it!

"No use without both the Uglies playing each other 4 times a season in the League and," if the balls are warmed up properly, "in both Cup Finals."

That's why Regan had to go!  There was enough warming of the balls for the Scottish Cup. 

You can see that the problem has been rectified in the latest Scottish Cup draw.

Agree they had to go - just hope the Tache et al see they have to go themselves !!  Some effing chance that twat resigning !!!   Whatever happens has to be radical and isn't afraid to railroad the Uglies !!!

On 2/10/2018 at 10:16, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I envy the way the EPL is run and marketed , bizarrely via the FA and not the EFL.  Unlike the circumstances in Scotland where the SFA has done nothing but destroy the integrity of Scottish football over the Rangers scandal and subsequent shoe horning of the new club. 

Portable Badger
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I envy the way the EPL is run and marketed , bizarrely via the FA and not the EFL.  Unlike the circumstances in Scotland where the SFA has done nothing but destroy the integrity of Scottish football over the Rangers scandal and subsequent shoe horning of the new club. 

Agree & other fine examples of horrendous leadership & management

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Cardiff doing well.  Hope CP is starring.

According to BBC match report, it was his long throws causing all the bother. Cardiff scored from one of them.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

According to BBC match report, it was his long throws causing all the bother. Cardiff scored from one of them.

Sounds like a Warnock tactic.

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Another skill.  He's like Supergran.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Another skill.  He's like Supergran.

Could just imagine 1 of his goal celebrations to this song.

scott herbertson

Just thinking about the new striker thread. Calum probably has a better goals per game ratio than 90% of those mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cardiff fan reacts to the news

Same reaction I had when he left us :(

:sob: the pain will never heal

It should have been ten
On 14/02/2018 at 08:10, superjack said:

Could just imagine 1 of his goal celebrations to this song.

Class programme, loved it :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
The Internet

Sky just showed the goal, looked like he was gearing up for a mad celebration but it was criminally cut off before he did it.

The guys just warming up for the big time. He will eventually earn us a packet.  Gawn yir sell big man.

John mcCartney

low shot or summat

passing expectations for me,the lad is doing fakn superb

would be a superb story if callum moves on after cardiff and lands a massive fee for his services

Some player for them. 

Seems to have found a new lease of life being played further forward. Though he is so good I think he can play and score from any position 

Shank said no
2 minutes ago, kila said:

To think it's been 15 months since we last saw him in maroon

Callum's goals have been a big loss for us as we are very dependant on Lafferty . 

August Landmesser

Five goals and six assists so far this season, and Cardiff narrowing the gap to Wolves at the top.

:wonga:

21 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Five goals and six assists so far this season, and Cardiff narrowing the gap to Wolves at the top.

I noticed that.  I thought Wolves were out of reach but far from it.  Lose to Leeds tomorrow and Cardiff are breathing down their necks.

Captain Canada

Looks like he was taken off injured. Hopefully just a precaution. He was a doubt to start tonight apparently. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

The guy on Sky said 6th goal tonight. Also had one disallowed for offside. Warnock may just have found his best position.