The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Tennant's  6's

Could Hearts fine him if the coaching staff truly believe that he's not trying and is trying to avoid injury, in order to preserve himself for his 'dream' move?

Or would Fraser Wishart be all over that?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Hearts fine him if the coaching staff truly believe that he's not trying and is trying to avoid injury, in order to preserve himself for his 'dream' move?

Or would Fraser Wishart be all over that?

No. All they can do is sit him on his arse.

Going nowhere for now apparently. Probably bugger off for f all in January.

But will be sitting on his lazy backside till at least June 2018

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I can't believe people on here don't understand the situation and still seem to be in the "just take whatever we are offered to get him out" camp.

Putting it in a different light -

If you were selling your car for ?10k and needed the cash to buy a replacement car, would you accept an offer of ?6k paid in three installments of ?2k over three years? No you wouldn't, as you wouldn't have enough cash to buy a suitable replacement so you would hang out for a better deal or you would keep the car.

Hearts have the upper hand here and unless we get a better offer or the lump sum payment is better then nothing should change. I wonder at what point Jamie will realise he has been played by rangers and his agent who are both messing with his career for their own greedy gains. CL will not be bullied by dummy spitting players or their agents and he has proven this in the past, so if rangers don't value him very highly and he won't put in a shift until he leaves then beast him in training every day and make him sit in the stands at weekends, he will soon become a forgotten has been as a result of his own greed and poor judgement.

I can't believe people on here don't understand the situation and still seem to be in the "just take whatever we are offered to get him out" camp.

If you were selling your car for ?10k and needed the cash to buy a replacement car, would you accept an offer of ?6k paid in three installments of ?2k over three years? No you wouldn't, as you wouldn't have enough cash to buy a suitable replacement so you would hang out for a better deal or you would keep the car.

Hearts have the upper hand here and unless we get a better offer or the lump sum payment is better then nothing should change. I wonder at what point Jamie will realise he has been played by rangers and his agent who are both messing with his career for their own greedy gains. CL will not be bullied by dummy spitting players or their agents and he has proven this in the past, so if rangers don't value him very highly and he won't put in a shift until he leaves then beast him in training every day and make him sit in the stands at weekends, he will soon become a forgotten has been as a result of his own greed and poor judgement.

Not really a comparison unless you're car was getting scrapped after a year. In which case you might take the 2k rather than feck all.

FM mode here.

Take 350k upfront 300k to be paid in the next 6 months in instalments of 50k per month at 7.5% interest per month.

100k after 50 appearances and a 10% sell on fee.

Total of 772k plus a sell on could bring us to the million mark.

For me, that would be a fair compromise.

I admire your confidence in Rangers ability to pay this

All payments will be spread over 4 years of his contract

We will not be able to invest this money on a better replacement, be left to shuffle around a bargain basement type of signings

EEN running story The Rangers will make one last bid, which will fall short of our ?1m valuation.

If me, I'd send quick email stating "don't bother".

I think an English team might well take the risk of ?1m, its peanuts to them.....and would best result for us.

He'd have to agree to go and he seemingly wants to keep his family up here in Scotland so that idea would be a non starter.

Buaben was replacing Randall which was needed as we weren't controlling the middle of the park at all. Whether Moore did better than Walker would have is different debate.

christ that sums up how bad we are

we brought on buaben as we wanted to control a match

PRINCE BUABEN!!!!!!!

mull that over for a minute

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

His sister (I assume) doesn't appear to have a very high opinion of Hearts fans...

tweets today calling us rodents and "guffy ******* b******s"

If that is the level of intelligence from the family, I am not surprised that he hasn't been mentally strong enough or professional enough to not handle this situation.

Sister eh? Lochend quotes there. Probably spends Saturday night polishing his boaby.

maroonlegions

Sister eh? Lochend quotes there. Probably spends Saturday night polishing his boaby.

?10 for a pic.  FTH.

I admire your confidence in Rangers ability to pay this

All payments will be spread over 4 years of his contract

We will not be able to invest this money on a better replacement, be left to shuffle around a bargain basement type of signings

Simply don't sell him if they aren't willing to pay good money upfront. It would have to be something to reinvest immediately into the squad otherwise it's really not worth a sook.

If Rangers don't pay it comes down to JW and hes left with two options.

Give his all for the season and get us into Europe.

Or if he's going to give 50% we just remove him from the picture completely and he doesn't play at all.

Him and his agent have created all of this mess. If he acted in the right manner and made himself hard to get then it would have forced Rangers into paying the money for him or possibly risk losing him to someone else but his and his agents actions have put us in an unenviable position.

Bazzas right boot

Reserve team and a development fee next season will do.

Lol, yip.

Fill in the corners of the stand with the money.

Is it true Hearts took Jamie out of his family home to get him away from wester Hailes? Heard he was brought up by another family in Balerno at the agreement of his family to give him the best chance?

The player has the upper hand

To use your example it's like having a 10 grand car that in 5 months can be signed away for nothing and at present isn't running particularly well

We don't have the upper hand

We risk losing an asset for nothing

Their last bid was 300k plus installments - not worth it until there is at least 600k up front

Not even that

'Add ons' like he gets 20 Scotland caps and wins the Europa League

Holt has done diddly squat at them and would do nothing but

diddly square here again. no thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I disagree. Has been one of their most consistent players the last two years. I'm shocked he's been dropped tbh.

The player has the upper hand

To use your example it's like having a 10 grand car that in 5 months can be signed away for nothing and at present isn't running particularly well

We don't have the upper hand

We risk losing an asset for nothing

Understand the sentiment

But its not just about getting or missing out on a fee

Its about how we are seen as a club in transfer negotiations. Do we want to be a soft touch so every time there is a player they want they can just unsettle him and get him on cheap. Cos it won't just be Walker.

Its about standing up and getting value. Miss out on a few hundred thousand but gain long term.

Is it true Hearts took Jamie out of his family home to get him away from wester Hailes? Heard he was brought up by another family in Balerno at the agreement of his family to give him the best chance?

No he lived with his dad in sighthill.

Ibrahim Tall

If he had a brain he would, far more notice from English clubs if you do well at a decent Championship or League 1 side. Plus is Nottingham not quite a nice old town?

So is Seville but by accounts he wasn't interested at all even when Real Betis were rumoured to be interested.

Walker seems to be the type of Scot that wouldn't ever leave the country no matter the opportunity or challenge tbh, it's easier and safer to take the blue/green pound.

So is Seville but by accounts he wasn't interested at all even when Real Betis were rumoured to be interested.

Walker seems to be the type of Scot that wouldn't ever leave the country no matter the opportunity or challenge tbh, it's easier and safer to take the blue/green pound.

Carries on like this and it'll be the blue Brazil pound he'll be getting!

Hearts of Vladland

No he lived with his dad in sighthill.

Murrayburn. He went to Forresters and stay in Murrayburn with his dad till he started playing for the first team, he has moved now though.

Understand the sentiment

But its not just about getting or missing out on a fee

Its about how we are seen as a club in transfer negotiations. Do we want to be a soft touch so every time there is a player they want they can just unsettle him and get him on cheap. Cos it won't just be Walker.

Its about standing up and getting value. Miss out on a few hundred thousand but gain long term.

This. It's a difficult one. Yes, you'd miss out on xthousands this time but if you're seen to capitulate, you'll risk seeing a pattern develop not just with other clubs but also agents. Maybe even our own players. As we've seen, it affects even players with family connections to the club, long term academy kids who get to first team, have their names sung by thousands and are especially adored by the younger supporters - even THEY can find it in themselves/or be convinced to turn rogue and shit on the club who gave them their start in football.

Long term you might lose a whole lot more than just whatever loose change Rangers manage to scrape off the bottom of their handbags this time around. That said, if they offer more than we can realistically afford to turn down then it's difficult decision time. I'm glad it's not me making that call. Very frustrating.

Hootsman saying no further bid coming, and they'll come for him in January to pre-sign him.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/rangers-won-t-meet-hearts-asking-price-for-jamie-walker-reports-1-4546034 

Ah right. Hope Hearts ensure that he has absolutely no game time right up to next May. Seems pretty obvious from his performances at the tail end of last season and what we have seen so far this term that he has no intention of bursting a gut for us.

It's also sad that some people think you can just say "got to do what's best for family eh" and it absolves you of any responsibility for any sort of shady conduct. Like some sort of one size fits all get out of jail free card type thing.

He's playing for one of the country's biggest clubs. He's paid well, they even offered to pay him more. He's been nurtured and developed from a kid with talent into a first team regular and someone with a chance of playing for his country at some point. Kids get his name on their shirts. They queue to speak to him. Supporters sing his name. Just grow up, get a backbone, stop letting your agent agitate via the media and erode any goodwill you built up, and do the right bloody thing, Jamie. You're hardly being sent down the salt mines every day ffs.

grumpyespana

But will be sitting on his lazy backside till at least June 2018

It all depends if we need the money personally I would have him train and play with the under twenties until he came to his senses but he has downed tools for a while now.

It's also sad that some people think you can just say "got to do what's best for family eh" and it absolves you of any responsibility for any sort of shady conduct. Like some sort of one size fits all get out of jail free card type thing.

He's playing for one of the country's biggest clubs. He's paid well, they even offered to pay him more. He's been nurtured and developed from a kid with talent into a first team regular and someone with a chance of playing for his country at some point. Kids get his name on their shirts. They queue to speak to him. Supporters sing his name. Just grow up, get a backbone, stop letting your agent agitate via the media and erode any goodwill you built up, and do the right bloody thing, Jamie. You're hardly being sent down the salt mines every day ffs.

Thing is if he knuckled down and started to play he could actually do the right thing by his family and make serious cash down south.

What he's actually done is put his future at risk which in no way helps his family. He's been led down this path by an agent who clearly doesn't give a shit about Walkers career only how he can cash in on him right now.

Said it before and I stand by it. If Rangers don't sign him he will never play for a bigger club than Hearts for the rest of his career.

This notion that we should try and play hardball so as to prove some point is completely ludicrous and self defeating. We don't have others players they want and likely won't have for some time. Celtic might not be interested in a Hearts player again for many years such is the financial divide and the market they can shop.

Hearts need money to turnaround our own squad such is its many deficiencies and keeping a player who chucked it months ago when we can bring in the money to sign one or two hungry players is an absolute no brainer. Walker should be punted as soon as we can get rid of him.

Hmm, interesting. It's a toughie consdering there's nothing on the website.

Nobody seems to know! I'll stick with my gut, we'll get a development fee.

This notion that we should try and play hardball so as to prove some point is completely ludicrous and self defeating. We don't have others players they want and likely won't have for some time. Celtic might not be interested in a Hearts player again for many years such is the financial divide and the market they can shop.

Hearts need money to turnaround our own squad such is its many deficiencies and keeping a player who chucked it months ago when we can bring in the money to sign one or two hungry players is an absolute no brainer. Walker should be punted as soon as we can get rid of him.

It can work

Eg Man Utd have De Gea. Years of standing up to Real Madrid the club who can sign any player they want or at least used to.

Nobody wants him though. That's the problem. Not even sure the huns have 300k never mind a 1m....They'll bide their time get him for nothing and pay him half what they should be...then sit him on the bench.

Geoff the Mince

The Huns have bid ?400k but we are better waiting

Until end of the season . . . 500 k development fee .

This patter is stinking now.

Where did you hear that?

It can work

Eg Man Utd have De Gea. Years of standing up to Real Madrid the club who can sign any player they want or at least used to.

De Gea is a world class playing for a top 5 club in the world. Walker is a nobody.

De Gea is a world class playing for a top 5 club in the world. Walker is a nobody.

In terms of size and power Real Madrid are just like Rangers

Nobody wants him though. That's the problem. Not even sure the huns have 300k never mind a 1m....They'll bide their time get him for nothing and pay him half what they should be...then sit him on the bench.

I want what's best for Hearts. I don't give two hoots what Rangers will do or try to do. In my opinion we should take whatever we can get now as we need funds to sign players who want to play for us and learn from the mess this has become.

I think you overestimate how much Rantic give any shits about Hearts. Cutting of our nose to spite ourselves only hurts us, certainly not them.

I think you overestimate how much Rantic give any shits about Hearts. Cutting of our nose to spite ourselves only hurts us, certainly not them.

So my point was about the ongoing relationship

You be happy to repeat this every 6 months?

Say Harry Cochrane comes in and does well and its another ?300k bid in January. Meanwhile he loses form and we're standing in his way. And on and on it goes.

And all the promising youngsters are away.

You have to stand up to people.

Aye course they are. Those stars on the Rangers top represent Champions league wins now?

I want what's best for Hearts. I don't give two hoots what Rangers will do or try to do. In my opinion we should take whatever we can get now as we need funds to sign players who want to play for us and learn from the mess this has become.

So do I, but what can we do if no one bids or more to the point some one other than Rangers do, if he doesnt want to go, we can't shift him. He can see out the year if he wants. Unless we go cap in hand to Rangers and say you can have him for 100k I honestly don't see then coming back.

So my point was about the ongoing relationship

You be happy to repeat this every 6 months?

Say Harry Cochrane comes in and does well and its another ?300k bid in January. Meanwhile he loses form and we're standing in his way. And on and on it goes.

And all the promising youngsters are away.

You have to stand up to people.

We won't have players they want would be my prediction so suspect it's a moot point.

Alternatively we could actually work on signing the correct young players to good contracts thus making Rangers a completely impossible destination. If we bring through anyone of quality they will be priced out and have to look to move to clubs down south. I'm not in the least bit bothered about them signing Walker as I strongly suspect most of his best football is already behind him and he'll do nothing for them. The entire situation has been badly handled.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

It will probably suit Walker to to that counting down the days to January.

Except that all he'll get in January, at best, is a contract with another club, starting at the end of this season. 

Unless that other club wants to buy him in the January window, of course....

Great post . Even if moving on there is a way to do it and make sure you look after the club that looked after you .

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived