The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

That Alves bloke has won a European Championship and played for Porto, Zenit, Fenerbache and in Serie A past year. The high of Jamie's career is a Scotland u21 appearance 4 years ago.

True, but sevco are still spunking money around so if they want to wave oodles of cash in front of prospective signings it would appear they can do so.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12k. :laugh:

Those days are long gone at Sevco he'll get 5 if he's lucky. They're not going to throw daft money at a player no one else wants, whos already rejected us and who's made it pretty clear he's scared of leaving Central Scotland. Hes shat on himself big time with his antics.

Honestly, this sevco patter is chronic. You can believe they don't or can't afford to pay upwards of 10/11/12k a week in wages if you like because you hate Rangers, that's your choice. I have a very close friend who know plays for Rangers and he earns circa 12k a week after bonuses etc. Walker will be looking at around 7k to 9k basic wage and anywhere in the region of 12k to 14k after bonus and appearances etc. He will also be looking at a new house bought and paid for from rangers. A free car and maybe even a house and or car for his family. He'll be playing in front of 52k a week plus massive away followings. I dislike Rangers and their sneaky ways as much as the next person but am not bitter enough to believe there is some sort of dooms day scenario around the corner for Rangers and I can't really hate Walker for wanting to earn the amounts of money he could at Rangers. He's handled himself terribly and that hurts us but if you where in a job and someone offered you a better life, would you be giving 100%? My gripe with Walker is he must surely feel a bit worthless considering his "team" won't and or don't value him enough to meet his valuation. They've spent millions and foreign nobodies but won't go pay 750k for the player they want above all others. He must feel slightly silly knowing he's potentially going to have hang around and be in limbo for a few months. When Rangers do offer him pre contract terms, what if they reduce their offer cause lets be honest, they have nothing to lose. They might offer him reduced terms cause they know he will be desperate. That annoys me more than pretending that rangers can't offer massive wages. They where paying Barton more than 20k a week last season.

Ibrahim Tall

True, but sevco are still spunking money around so if they want to wave oodles of cash in front of prospective signings it would appear they can do so.

They can when necessary but their not stupid enough to do it if they don't have too. He'll get same wages as the likes of O'Halloran or Holt are getting which isn't a great deal better than we'd be offering.

heartsfc_fan

Just overheard a boy at work it's ?500k the offer plus either one of Holt, Joe Dodoo or Bates (? Whoever he is).

I like Holt but can't see it happening - don't think Levein rated him previously, he would be a good addition to our current midfield though.

Just overheard a boy at work it's ?500k the offer plus either one of Holt, Joe Dodoo or Bates (? Whoever he is).

Dodoo????

**** that, he's shite absolutely shite.

Holt has proved he's a championship player at best.

Bates I've no idea about.

young centre half who's career is circling the drain at 20.

Don't think any of the management rated Holt, certainly didn't like his attitude when leaving and certainly will not do business with his agent. Think that ones a non-starter.

julienbrellier

to be honest. 500k plus Holt isn?t too bad.  Take Holt, buy Cadden for 350k and pocket the rest

Ibrahim Tall

Honestly, this sevco patter is chronic. You can believe they don't or can't afford to pay upwards of 10/11/12k a week in wages if you like because you hate Rangers, that's your choice. I have a very close friend who know plays for Rangers and he earns circa 12k a week after bonuses etc. Walker will be looking at around 7k to 9k basic wage and anywhere in the region of 12k to 14k after bonus and appearances etc. He will also be looking at a new house bought and paid for from rangers. A free car and maybe even a house and or car for his family. He'll be playing in front of 52k a week plus massive away followings. I dislike Rangers and their sneaky ways as much as the next person but am not bitter enough to believe there is some sort of dooms day scenario around the corner for Rangers and I can't really hate Walker for wanting to earn the amounts of money he could at Rangers. He's handled himself terribly and that hurts us but if you where in a job and someone offered you a better life, would you be giving 100%? My gripe with Walker is he must surely feel a bit worthless considering his "team" won't and or don't value him enough to meet his valuation. They've spent millions and foreign nobodies but won't go pay 750k for the player they want above all others. He must feel slightly silly knowing he's potentially going to have hang around and be in limbo for a few months. When Rangers do offer him pre contract terms, what if they reduce their offer cause lets be honest, they have nothing to lose. They might offer him reduced terms cause they know he will be desperate. That annoys me more than pretending that rangers can't offer massive wages. They where paying Barton more than 20k a week last season.

Did I say can't? They're still paying Alves and Kranjcar for starters silly money I said the days of paying the likes of Walker that money are over. In the past no marks like Bob Malcolm were still making 10/15k because of sheer stupidity and arrogance, those days are done. They can still afford to pay big money when necessary but their not going to spunk a fortune on a mid 20's non-capped Scot that Celtic or down south aren't interested in.

Holt wasn't good enough two years ago. What's he done in the meantime to be good enough now? He can't get a start for one of our main rivals.

heartsfc_fan

Holt I might take. Offload Buaben to make room for him and bid ?400k on Cadden to replace Walker. Adding to Milinkovic hopefully finalising things that improves our attacking options.

I'd love us to take Lee Wallace plus a few hundred grand.

We need a LB. It would complete our defence, Wallace,Berra,Souttar,M.Smith, McLaughlin GK would be one of the best we've had in a long time.

I'd take holt in a heartbeat, definitely an upgrade on our current midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our midfield has seriously been overlooked for two years.  There has been zero investment and currently it is worse than when we were in the championship. Holt improves it simply so I would take, Dodoo also I would take, he's done well with the limited minutes he's had on the pitch at Rangers. He's also got some pace and could play wide which makes him more appealing.

to be honest. 500k plus Holt isn?t too bad. Take Holt, buy Cadden for 350k and pocket the rest

Motherwell just knocked back ?450k for Cadden from Oxford, he won't be signing for us this summer.

Holt I might take. Offload Buaben to make room for him and bid ?400k on Cadden to replace Walker. Adding to Milinkovic hopefully finalising things that improves our attacking options.

Motherwell have turned down 450k from Oxford for Cardden.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Cadden is not gonna happen, out of our price range as motherwell have just rejected 500k+ from oxford, they have also just had a financial kicker from the sell on clause from marvin johnson. No need to sell for a cut price.

Well turned down ?450k from down south.

I'd take holt in a heartbeat, definitely an upgrade on our current midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which player will volunteer for a huge drop in wages ?

i wish jj was my dad

Our midfield has seriously been overlooked for two years.  There has been zero investment and currently it is worse than when we were in the championship. Holt improves it simply so I would take, Dodoo also I would take, he's done well with the limited minutes he's had on the pitch at Rangers. He's also got some pace and could play wide which makes him more appealing.

Don't agree with this.  Cowie, Djoum and Kitchen were all brought in during our first season back and all have a decent pedigree.  I think Cowie and Djoum should be a cracking partnership but Djoum hasn't kicked his own arse since he returned from the African Nations and we insist on playing Cowie wide which for me is bonkers.

Dodoo has looked handy in some of his games. Utterly abysmal in others.

Bates no ****ing way.

Holt. Let's be honest he is a Casper footballer. You're never ever winning a midfield battle with him there.

He'll show up when you're on top and score a goal but he won't win you the battle first.

?350k plus Lee Wallace would be a good bit of business. Almost enough cash to get Moult or Cadden I'd think.

Motherwell want ?750K plus for Moult and would rather let him run down his contract than take less. They turned down ?350K from Aberdeen.

They will also be getting ?750K for the sale of Marvin Johnson if the transfer from Oxford to Middlesboro goes ahead.

Sadly for us, Oxford are sniffing about Cadden so they'll have a few bob to spend if it goes through.

Holt, Dodoo or David Bates + ?500k for Walker.

**** right off

No thanks. We don't want their duds.

Holt wasn't good enough two years ago. What's he done in the meantime to be good enough now? He can't get a start for one of our main rivals.

Two years ago he was a young still developing young player who was perhaps a tad mpatient and also posibbly badly advised. Depite his size he wasn't afraid to get stuck in and had a very goo? touch and an eye for a pass. Given that Paul Pogba is probably not available, and Pirlo has hung up his boots, would be happy to see Jason come home.

Clerry Jambo

Dodoo has looked handy in some of his games. Utterly abysmal in others.

Bates no ******* way.

Holt. Let's be honest he is a Casper footballer. You're never ever winning a midfield battle with him there.

He'll show up when you're on top and score a goal but he won't win you the battle first.

Spot on mate dont want or need Holt

Walter Bishop

Ryan Hardie, Lee Hodson, David Bates,Jason Holt, Joe Doodoo all being mentioned on Twitter!

Wouldnt take any of them.

I'd love us to take Lee Wallace plus a few hundred grand.

We need a LB. It would complete our defence, Wallace,Berra,Souttar,M.Smith, McLaughlin GK would be one of the best we've had in a long time.

Can't disagree with that though I would happily take Jason Holt as part of the deal also.

Two years ago he was a young still developing young player who was perhaps a tad mpatient and also posibbly badly advised. Depite his size he wasn't afraid to get stuck in and had a very goo? touch and an eye for a pass. Given that Paul Pogba is probably not available, and Pirlo has hung up his boots, would be happy to see Jason come home.

Just because we can't afford the best players in the world doesn't mean we should just bash on and sign players who aren't good enough for us.

What does this even mean?

STV Sport?Verified account @STVSport  6m6 minutes ago

More

Jamie Walker update: Talks are ongoing between Rangers and Hearts but no concrete offer has been made yet 23f3.png1f440.pnghttps://buff.ly/2vM8L4y 

I wouldn't accept concrete for him anyway, unless we're allowed to tie the concrete to Malaury Martin and chuck over the new bridge.

scott herbertson

He's a good player on his day but thinks he's way better than he is

Mark my words he will go the same way as lots of other players that join rangers or Celtic.

Will play a few games then drop to the bench before leaving 12-18 months later

When did he say how good he thought he was? If not, how can you tell?

I wouldn't be surprised by the rest of what you say but if he goes to a decent club (esp European) then he is an excellent prospect if the injury is clear

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived