The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

The Treasurer

What does this even mean?

Jamie Walker update: Talks are ongoing between Rangers and Hearts but no concrete offer has been made yet 23f3.png1f440.pnghttps://buff.ly/2vM8L4y 

It's like someone going into a Rolls Royce showroom, telling the salesman they are really interested in the cars on sale, but only having enough for a Lada in their pocket

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

I wouldn't accept concrete for him anyway, unless we're allowed to tie the concrete to Malaury Martin and chuck over the new bridge.

Perhaps we forgot to order the concrete too and are in the market for some?

...a bit disco

Master Bates would be good. Great end product.

Nah.

He's finished. A spent force.

We've asked Rangers for money plus Danny Wilson

Why? We don't need centre halfs we need midfielders and wide attackers.

Or an attacking left back if one is going.

Harry Forrester still available?

Strange one. We must be collecting centre halfs unless Levein wants to push Souttar into midfield.

Holt is better than our existing offers in midfield.. We should have taken o'halloran

if Holt and 500k is correct. He would immediately improve our cm and we get a good deal.

...a bit disco

Strange one. We must be collecting centre halfs unless Levein wants to push Souttar into midfield.

Or, it's for the new 7-3-0 formation we'll be playing this season.

Just because we can't afford the best players in the world doesn't mean we should just bash on and sign players who aren't good enough for us.

Think personally Jason Holt would be good enough for us, as do many on here, although of course others don't. All down to opinions.

As we all know Craig loves a selection of Centre Halves.......

Wilson can play left back??

Can do but he offers nothing in an attacking sense and when he does go forward he gets caught out as he cant get back quickly enough.

Remember kids. This guy is as In-The-Know as an EEN staffer.

Inside The SPFL? @AgentScotland 18m18 minutes ago

More

Rangers now offering Hearts ?500,000 and any of Jason Holt, Joe Dodoo or David Bates as makeweights for Jamie Walker.

So for arguably our best player we wanted ?1m & they offer ?500k + one of 3 of their unwanted surplus players.

On that basis they value all 3 of their surplus players at ?500k each, wow!their arrogance knows no bounds

heartsfc_fan

I wouldn't have him ahead of Berra or Souttar. Unless it's left back as Smith-Brown has been crocked and Grzelak is questionable.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I always though Holt was too lightweight for central midfield however he was playing with other lightweight players such as Gomis and Buaben back then. If he was allowed to dictate play and have stronger players covering he might just be a more useful player now. I would take O'Hallaron or Wallace before him though. 

kingantti1874

Apparently Oxford only offered 170k up front for Cadden.. If we get 500k we should offer the rump of it for Cadden.

I'd be happy with Holt or Wilson as well

If we lost Walker and got in callachan, Holt, Cadden, malinovic it would be a good days work

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Walker for cash and our choice of Catholic referee for duration of the contract. Nothing less

I'd accept ?500k plus O'Halloran, assuming loan deal can be cancelled.

Or ?650 plus Holt.

I'd also want a sell-on clause because if Walker fulfills his potential he might get a move south or to Spain for ?2-3m.

Are we looking at Moult as well as Cadden?

Not surprised we are trying to do a deal as he is a distraction Levein wants rid of. Intrigued by the make weight offers though, are these guys not on more than our top wage?

We've went back to the table with Rangers. Desperate times mean desperate measures. Cheerio Jamie.

It's not desperate, it's just sensible. Doesn't want to be here so we need to move him on

young centre half who's career is circling the drain at 20.

Young CH signed from RR, who played in the last 6 games of last season, the SC SF against Celtic, both games against Progres and then nothing.    Now superfluous due the arrival of Alves and Cardosa.. 

Walker for cash and our choice of Catholic referee for duration of the contract. Nothing less

EH?  Dont get it.  Catholic referee for what?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

EH?  Dont get it.  Catholic referee for what?

The referee is usually Rangers 12th man. That kind of ref might not be? How is Stavanger, haven't been for a while

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wilson can play left back??

His distribution wasn't the best at times but he was a good leader and a threat at set pieces. Something Craig might find attractive. 

The referee is usually Rangers 12th man. That kind of ref might not be? How is Stavanger, haven't been for a while

Ah ok.  I can think of a certain Catholic referee i would rather not have though.  Yeah it is not too bad apart from the weather.  Nice place to live. 

Greedy_Jambo

I'd take Wilson as a left back but not centre back. Overrated in that position. Obviously been found out at Rangers as well.

Ford Prentice

Back to 3-4-3?

As for Holt. He isn't nearly as good a player as Walker but he'd be a much, much better player for us than Walker over the next year; because Walker won't try a leg and hasn't done for months.

Holt plus cash what I've heard

But is it cash up front or their usual deferred payments over an eternity.

fraz the postie

I always thought Holt was a little slow in moving the ball on .

I'm not sure if i would want Wilson back either,again a tad slow.

Let's see what happens ,good if we get shot of Walker IF he doesn't want to stay here.

I'd take Wilson as a left back but not centre back. Overrated in that position. Obviously been found out at Rangers as well.

Poor centre half...even worse left back

kingantti1874

Holt's not good enough.

But he's better than what we have.. And probably most of the league outside of Glasgow and the sheep

If I had my pick of Rangers players I'd go for Wallace, which isn't happening.

Realistically, Wilson would be a better option than Holt for me as the LB position is still a problem. What does Holt offer that Cowie or Bauben don't? He's probably a better option than Martin on performances so far but Holt doesn't do enough good things for me. He's a tidy midfielder but that's about it.

Strange days when none of us can think of any Rangers players that would improve us! Dorrans, that's about it.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived