The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Special Agent Dale Cooper

It seems Rangers aren't coming back for JW unless we drop the price. Pity.

Is that not how bids work? They bid then we either accept or reject. Bizarre from Rangers.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard Nottingham forrest had made an offer. I hope it is true only to stop him going to The Rangers.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I heard Nottingham forrest had made an offer. I hope it is true only to stop him going to The Rangers.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

He probably won't want to go there though.

Skivingatwork

It's amazing what the offer of an extra zero on the end of his weekly wage might do.

Spot on. That was the trademark way of doing business by the old club. Looks like the zombie club have taken up the mantel and are trying to do their business in the same way.

It's a shame that so much of our support seem to want to give them what they want.

The Treasurer

Take any reasonable offer from them I say. They're the only interested party and only club a lad of limited intellect wants to play for.

Get it done today so we can move onwards with players who want to play for the club

His attitude is unprofessional and an absolute disgrace

Trouble is they won't make anything like a "reasonable" offer.

I'm not part of the any deals a good deal crowd. I really think we should stick to our guns here and make a statement. If Rangers want him that badly then they know the asking price. If they fail to meet it then so be it.

Walker will need to then knuckle down or impact his own career

And yet still the most creative player at the weekend.

Yes, his two bits of creativity were better than anything else but, that's more of an indictment of the rest than any praise for Walker. 

Apart from those he did nowt and cost us a goal.

As I've said, this is all part of the filthy game the Uglies play along with their lickspittle press.

As I was typing that favourite derogatory word "lickspittle," I had a picture in my mind of the lizard tongue of McCoist.

Urgh!!!

If he had a brain he would, far more notice from English clubs if you do well at a decent Championship or League 1 side.  Plus is Nottingham not quite a nice old town?

We just need to get him out the door. Any offer is now a reasonable offer

It's make or break time for Walker. He's no longer a youngster and not even close to getting a national cap something that he should be aspiring to. Unless he commits himself 100% then he should be kept training with under 20's and not played in any capacity at the club for rest of season.

It's make or break time for Walker. He's no longer a youngster and not even close to getting a national cap something that he should be aspiring to. Unless he commits himself 100% then he should be kept training with under 20's and not played in any capacity at the club for rest of season.

I was in the Walker for Scotland camp but realistically Scotland can't afford the rest of the team working their nuts off in the hope Jamie pings in a screamer.

If Calum McGregor can't get in then for now anyway, Jamie has zero chance.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

They clearly have no intention of making a fresh offer, reasonable or not, which is why they've had this story planted in the media rather than to quietly approach Hearts to see if they can reach a compromise deal. They and their poodle media have built up pressure on Hearts* to sell at a bargain price and now they are playing to their own support to be able to blame Hearts for their own inability to make a 'marquee' signing. Their end-game was always gong to be this, with no increased offer, just anti-Hearts propaganda to hide the fact from their own support that they couldn't afford Jamie Walker, not even on the never never! Their only chance of signing him, and I'm not certain they still want to, is if Hearts are so sick of him** that they will be glad to get rid of him, at any price.

Would be nice to see the reaction if Hearts were to publicly announce they'd accept a reduced amount on the condition it was paid, in full, up front, or ?1m in instalments!

*not suggesting Hearts are feeling that pressure.

**not suggesting Hearts are sick of him.

The Treasurer

We just need to get him out the door. Any offer is now a reasonable offer

So you think accepting say ?300k for a player worth over ?1m (when he plays) is reasonable.

If he gets his move then no doubt he'll start trying again, therefore strengthening a team we can realistically challenge.

If he stays, if he has any professionalism at all, then he will knuckle down and be the player we know he can be.

Chucking him to one of our nearest competitors for buttons is not good business.

This is where I do miss Romanov telling them in no uncertain terms , to their face and in the press ,to pay the asking price or **** off.

Another Templeton on the cards with him methinks.

Shame if that's the case. Personally I'd leave him out of the squad all together if he's in the huff. Rangers can have him for the deveopment fee next year.

Of course if his form dips Rangers may lose interest.

They don't seem to rate him very highly as it is.

Plus if other players do well might not need him.

Loan him out to Cowdenbeath for the season. He's like being a man down anyway so won't be missed.

Wtf should Cowdenbeath suffer?

What did they do wrong?

Shame if that's the case. Personally I'd leave him out of the squad all together if he's in the huff. Rangers can have him for the deveopment fee next year.

The one thing I will say about Levein is he will be ruthless and take no prisoners here - much as Gary McSwegan found out to his cost.

I anticipate Walker will be made to train with the youth team, and be ordered to attend all matches and sit in the stand.

I have no sympathy for him!

So you think accepting say ?300k for a player worth over ?1m (when he plays) is reasonable.

If he gets his move then no doubt he'll start trying again, therefore strengthening a team we can realistically challenge.

If he stays, if he has any professionalism at all, then he will knuckle down and be the player we know he can be.

Chucking him to one of our nearest competitors for buttons is not good business.

A player is only really worth what someone will pay for him.

We either get a reasonable amount of money and lose a player who isn't exactly firing on all cylinders and use the money to bring in a player or three or have that same player going through the motions for the next 8 months and getting no cash.

There is no point in cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I will say about Levein is he will be ruthless and take no prisoners here - much as Gary McSwegan found out to his cost.

I anticipate Walker will be made to train with the youth team, and be ordered to attend all matches and sit in the stand.

It will probably suit Walker to to that counting down the days to January.

Sitting him in the stand for a year, paying him a wage for a year for nil return, having him walk for nothing at the end of it. That's good business ?

We've clearly lost the battle with Walker. Take whats on the table (if there is still something on the table) and get rid of the wee arsehole.

It will probably suit Walker to to that counting down the days to January.

He can sign a pre-contract in January, however he is contracted to Hearts until May 2018

Lucille's Thirsty

I bet those cheeky ****ers won't even up their bid from the one that was last rejected, their arrogance will make sure of it they'll be hoping late in the window we'll suddenly panick and take anything.

Guaranteed.

I bet those cheeky ****ers won't even up their bid from the one that was last rejected, their arrogance will make sure of it they'll be hoping late in the window we'll suddenly panick and take anything.

Guaranteed.

If the tables were turned...

Would you want us to pay more than we'd probably have to ?

I wouldn't. Rangers are playing it smart in the knowledge the player is trying to force our hand.

Sitting him in the stand for a year, paying him a wage for a year for nil return, having him walk for nothing at the end of it. That's good business ?

We've clearly lost the battle with Walker. Take whats on the table (if there is still something on the table) and get rid of the wee arsehole.

There is no right way to go here unfortunately.  As I said I expect Craig Levein to take a "**** You!" stance and make the "wee arsehole's" life a misery!

And I would fully support Levein in this if he did!!

He can sign a pre-contract in January, however he is contracted to Hearts until May 2018

Correct, then he will have his way, a contract with Rangers with no risk of getting injured prior to it. 

There is no right way to go here unfortunately.  As I said I expect Craig Levein to take a "**** You!" stance and make the "wee arsehole's" life a misery!

And I would fully support Levein in this if he did!!

The right way to go would be to get him off the wage bill, out the playing squad and sell him now so hopefully someone can come in.  All the other options are costing us needed money. 

If the tables were turned...

Would you want us to pay more than we'd probably have to ?

I wouldn't. Rangers are playing it smart in the knowledge the player is trying to force our hand.

TBF if the tables were turned the weegie media would be up in arms about our derisory offer for one of the "stars of the Scottish game".

Instead it'll be our fault for holding him back "let the laddie follow his dream" you heartless *******s.

I say **** him don't set a precedent for others to emulate.

If he showed half the character that Hartley showed after his Celtic transfer disappointment he'd earn a better move than those tramps.

I really hope he does go just so we don't have to read any more pish about a development fee !  :facepalm:

Sell him for ?700K (in instalments if need be) but with a hefty sell-on clause, in case he does find that brain cell again.

As things stand his 'match' effort is dragging the mood down, and ? like a bad apple ? we are better off rid of him.

He's a disgrace to the club.

I'd far rather see a young, committed player promoted from the academy to take his place in the first team.

Constant effort over occasional talent every time.

He's assuming the Sevco manager in 2018 will want him - or that they won't be in admin again. Either way it's a gamble by JW and his agent.

Reckon he could turn out like Craig Sibbald wondering why no club seems to want to sign him.

If he goes before tomorrow night it had better be cash up front.

The right way to go would be to get him off the wage bill, out the playing squad and sell him now so hopefully someone can come in.  All the other options are costing us needed money. 

the pitence  they've offered in instalments are no good for replacing him, finishing above sevco instead of strengthening them would increase prize money, he can train on his own if he ain't gonna knuckle down. I see minimal costs from making him sit it out for a year with the better chance to increase revenue

the pitence they've offered in instalments are no good for replacing him, finishing above sevco instead of strengthening them would increase prize money, he can train on his own if he ain't gonna knuckle down. I see minimal costs from making him sit it out for a year with the better chance to increase revenue

Aren't most sizeable transfer fees paid in instalments ?

Also..

The difference in prize money between 2nd and 5th is not all that huge I don't think.

Correct, then he will have his way, a contract with Rangers with no risk of getting injured prior to it.

Rangers manager next summer, whoever he is, won't be interested in a player that hasn't kicked a ball for a year. Walker is facing a career defining decision. He either apologises and signs a new deal and tries to get the fans back on his side or he faces time out waiting for a deal at Ibrox with no idea if they will want him in a years time or not. Hope he is giving his agent a hard time because he has managed it very badly. It's a shame. He never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box but he has certainly allowed the wrong people to influence him.

the pitence  they've offered in instalments are no good for replacing him, finishing above sevco instead of strengthening them would increase prize money, he can train on his own if he ain't gonna knuckle down. I see minimal costs from making him sit it out for a year with the better chance to increase revenue

Whilst I would usually agree, this is last chance Saloon to get any money for a player who has downed tools for the best part of 10 months. We won't finish above Rangers with them having Walker or not.  Replacing him right now would help us finish above others though. 

Dalstonjambo

We won't get a development fee for Walker he is too old.

It's honestly brought up on here about 3 times a day.

The last time Jamie Walker put in a ?1m performance?

IMO, probably Hearts 4 Rangers 1 (February).

Beginning to think he's just shite and over rated.

Remind me , what happened with Macsweegan ?

Winston Ingram

The last time Jamie Walker put in a ?1m performance?

IMO, probably Hearts 4 Rangers 1 (February).

Beginning to think he's just shite and over rated.

Walker's problem (well one of them) is that he isn't particularly fit at the best of times. Given his recent approach, it's going to take him a long time to get back to anything approaching his best. Silly boy.

Winston Ingram

Remind me , what happened with Macsweegan ?

Refused to go to Motherwell when club were cutting costs. Levein was adamant the move wouldn't have cost GM a penny. We may have been after one of their players, can't remember.

Anyway.. McSwegan ended up training on his own. Completely cut adrift.

More players pick up serious injuries at training than they do in competitive games

JW has dodgy knees already

Make no mistake CL will make him report for training every day from now till next May, and every home game too I'd imagine.

He breeches his contract and he will be fined.

More players pick up serious injuries at training than they do in competitive games

JW has dodgy knees already

Make no mistake CL will make him report for training every day from now till next May, and every home game too I'd imagine.

He breeches his contract and he will be fined.

I genuinely don't think that will bother him.  His signing on fee that he will get will sweeten it for him. 

In the case of this particular player with his attitude, work rate and desperation to play for der Hun, I'd take whatever they are believed to have offered - c. ?600k. He's worthless to us and his performances if retained will become more tragic if that's possible.

His antics are frankly a disgrace. He sought out Pedro athe full time at Ibrox.

He needs emptied now because that type create a negative environment

It's about getting what we can for a player with an attitude which is a disgrace to his profession

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived