The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

The right way to go would be to get him off the wage bill, out the playing squad and sell him now so hopefully someone can come in.  All the other options are costing us needed money. 

I know - it's just a no win situation for Hearts here!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Refused to go to Motherwell when club were cutting costs. Levein was adamant the move wouldn't have cost GM a penny. We may have been after one of their players, can't remember.

Anyway.. McSwegan ended up training on his own. Completely cut adrift.

Around that time there were issues with some contracts

Darren Jackson signed around same time as McSwegan was put out in cold to avoid triggering clause in contract guaranteeing another year after certain appearances. Big cost cutting at time.

More players pick up serious injuries at training than they do in competitive games

JW has dodgy knees already

Make no mistake CL will make him report for training every day from now till next May, and every home game too I'd imagine.

He breeches his contract and he will be fined.

And every away game.  Make him travel up in the bus, only to freeze his nuts off in the Dingwall stand!!

Around that time there were issues with some contracts

Darren Jackson signed around same time as McSwegan was put out in cold to avoid triggering clause in contract guaranteeing another year after certain appearances. Big cost cutting at time.

Levein certainly put McSwegan out in the cold - but I thought JJ signed Darren Jackson?

If we spend the money on another solid player who we would have under contract for a longer period I'd be happy accepting whatever would facilitate that.

If 600k got Cadden for example I'd do that. Effectively swapping Walker for someone with value who wants to be here.

If we just fritter the money away on wages for free agents then I'm less keen and would favour sending out a message.

If we spend the money on another solid player who we would have under contract for a longer period I'd be happy accepting whatever would facilitate that.

If 600k got Cadden for example I'd do that. Effectively swapping Walker for someone with value who wants to be here.

If we just fritter the money away on wages for free agents then I'm less keen and would favour sending out a message.

We would still have to find money to fritter on wages for any bought player as well. I doubt we can afford to buy anyone for more than a nominal fee, just like most other teams in our league.  

Surely this must make the squad and coaching staff uneasy about his situation and it would just be better for the Club not to have him there and causing unnecessary discontent.  Some players he will be pally with, but others probably want him to GTF

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

I think its time for him to leave, he doesn't want to be here we just cant let another one of our talented young players leave for free. 800k-1m for a very inconsistent player for me is a good deal. Ideal if we don't have to sell to Rangers.

Just offer him to them for 750k, 500k up front and be done, he's no good to us and the money would go to signing 2 good players who want to play for us.

Hes deffinately a hearts fan!!

Not acting like one though. If he played hard to get and worked hard for the team no doubt Rangers would have paid up.

I've heard he's gone.

rangers have no money, it will be in instalments if its them, there will be no money to buy a replacement so all you'se going on about cadden are living in cloud cuckoo

Seymour M Hersh

Just offer him to them for 750k, 500k up front and be done, he's no good to us and the money would go to signing 2 good players who want to play for us.

They'd see that as desperation and offer 50% (if that) over a couple of years. Nope for me unless they come up with our valuation or very close to it and pay every penny up front they can **** off. And as for Walker he needs to realise sharpish that his football career at the top level in Scotland could be over unless he gets rid of the petted lip and buckles down and works hard.

A proper Hearts fan wouldn't behave the way he has, showing disrespect to the club and the fans. It's the Rangers way to unsettle players in this way, but the player has to play along. Sadly, Jamie has. I thought better of him.

Ultimately, he has a family, and no doubt will be offered better terms at Rangers. I can see why his head is turned, but the manner in which Rangers, Jamie and his agent, have tried to engineer this move stinks. Ultimately his agent acts on his instructions, so that's not a kop out.

I've heard he's gone.

rangers have no money, it will be in instalments if its them, there will be no money to buy a replacement so all you'se going on about cadden are living in cloud cuckoo

I wonder if there is interest from elsewhere.

As for Sevco, no money, no sale. Simple as that.

Jambo 4 Ever

Funny way of showing it!

IF he is a hearts fan, why is acting the way he is?

Surely he would be more than happy to keep playing well for the team he supposedly supports... even if he did want to leave to make more money elsewhere

I've heard he's gone.

I've heard the opposite this morning.  There will be no more bids for him unless Hearts go back to huns dropping their valuation to something more agreeable.  Source is rangers end. 

buzzbomb1958

Walker is a big headed overrated little shit,I dont care if we get nothing more than 650k for him now because of the damage he is doing around him,just get the little shit gone from this club he doesn't deserve to wear our colours,if he want's to wear a second hand blue top so be it I'll kick his arse all the way up the M8 scumbag

Funny way of showing it!

Surely he would be more than happy to keep playing well for the team he supposedly supports... even if he did want to leave to make more money elsewhere

In football you have to put your personal support aside to match your professional ambition.  If Walker after spending all the years he has at the club feels he has been let down whilst at the same time all his mates he came through with have all gone I can see his position.  I want whats best for the club and not Walker though so I'm with the clubs decision on this.

Jambo 4 Ever

In football you have to put your personal support aside to match your professional ambition. If Walker after spending all the years he has at the club feels he has been let down whilst at the same time all his mates he came through with have all gone I can see his position. I want whats best for the club and not Walker though so I'm with the clubs decision on this.

Yeh fair enough to an extent... but why does he have to act the way he is...

And he is should also be showing more respect to the fans - we pay good money my to watch him play, etc

A proper Hearts fan wouldn't behave the way he has, showing disrespect to the club and the fans. It's the Rangers way to unsettle players in this way, but the player has to play along. Sadly, Jamie has. I thought better of him.

Ultimately, he has a family, and no doubt will be offered better terms at Rangers. I can see why his head is turned, but the manner in which Rangers, Jamie and his agent, have tried to engineer this move stinks. Ultimately his agent acts on his instructions, so that's not a kop out.

agents act on their own behalf, their into making dosh, he stays he makes nothing, it's in the agents best interest to create transfers, it's the business their in.

Jambo 4 Ever

agents act on their own behalf, their into making dosh, he stays he makes nothing, it's in the agents best interest to create transfers, it's the business their in.

Who's his agent?

Hopefully we stay clear of any players he looks after,going forward

Riddley Walker

Ffs let's just let him rot in the U20s and get the cash next year, we'll only lose a couple hundred thousand if we reject 6/700,000.

Ffs let's just let him rot in the U20s and get the cash next year, we'll only lose a couple hundred thousand if we reject 6/700,000.

Not true I'm afraid

i wish jj was my dad

If the club can afford to take the hit I'd rather the wee rat was doing groundsman duties for the remainder of his contract

The player pays the agent. The player can change the agent if he's not happy with the way he's touting him around at the expense of the club he 'loves'.

It's plainly obvious that his performances are seriously being affected throughout all this head turning debacle ... unfortunately teams like rankers have all the arrogance in the world .. they seem to think they just need to whistle through the press and the sheepdug will come running

You can appreciate that most players if they have talent and young families want to make as much money as possible from a short career but it wasn't that long ago that Jamie was getting interest from teams like Celta Vigo

He might at least show some ambition put his obvious talent on show consistently each week and get a move to a bigger club in a better league rather than toddle off down the M8 motorway to that shower of shite .. if that's the pinnacle of his ambition then let him go, get as much as we can for him and use the money to fill positions required in the team with players who want to be here

Good player but mentally needs major major work if he wants to go to the very top

Jambo 4 Ever

The player pays the agent. The player can change the agent if he's not happy with the way he's touting him around at the expense of the club he 'loves'.

Interesting

So if he genuinely supports hearts, he could do this

No way on earth should we go cap in hand back to the Orcs. If they come back with a semi-decent offer, but I'd never give them the satisfaction of unsettling the player and then having his club beg them to sign them for below their valuation.

is there an agent out there willing to sit around on a small retainer ? if they aren't all out hoaring their clients about their in the wrong game

No way on earth should we go cap in hand back to the Orcs. If they come back with a semi-decent offer, but I'd never give them the satisfaction of unsettling the player and then having his club beg them to sign them for below their valuation.

I don't think Levein would do so either so I reckon we have the unfortunate situation of our best player not wanting to be here and losing out on some cash to replace him.  If it bodes well for the future then fair enough, short term we lose out all round. 

Quite amazing how many on here would do just that.

JW is a selfish, gutless, mediocre to average player.

Not a knee-jerk, just what I've seen over the last 4 years. He has the Heart of a mouse and his attitude is quite obviously horrendous.

It's no surprise to me we are stuck with him, I'd cut our losses and accept anything at this stage to get him off the books.

The amount of interest in him shown by other clubs tells it's own story.

What bit is most people missing here. Der Hun have no intention of paying anything like that up front.

Mainly because they don't have it and also because they have successfully unsettled the player.

If an English club offered us a better deal, JW would probably reject it.

So says a poster who is not responsible for the finances of the club

We need to get over this macho nonsense of standing firm and look at what is best for our club

The money received could boost the team and the squad and if that means the team improves by even 1% without walker compared to with walker then we should make the deal

Angry Haggis

Come back with a Semi. 

:jjyay: 

Winston Ingram

Levein certainly put McSwegan out in the cold - but I thought JJ signed Darren Jackson?

He did. As Mikey rightly points out, by the time Levein came in there was major cost cutting... Jackson was another to be "left out" as extra appearances would have triggered a new deal.

Hampden Demolition

Wish people would stop going on about a development fee. We won't be due one next summer as he is too old!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

From this to "I've heard there will be no more bids"

:jj:

Indeed. Freedman's a certainty to be our manager too...

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

What bit is most people missing here. Der Hun have no intention of paying anything like that up front.

Mainly because they don't have it and also because they have successfully unsettled the player.

If an English club offered us a better deal, JW would probably reject it.

Unfortunately the alternative is he offers nothing for an entire season and leaves for nothing in July.

Unless he's suddenly going to give 100% for this year and become an essential player for us.

I'd prefer we got something now rather than nothing.

Funny way of showing it!

Loving your cut and paste approach to posting on this subject.  And I can't be alone in appreciating the irony of you questioning the team Walker 'reportedly' supports.

It's the second time today you've indicated that there will be a development fee. 

Can you not get it into your thick noggin that there will be NO DEVELOPMENT FEE...

The Treasurer

Sitting him in the stand for a year, paying him a wage for a year for nil return, having him walk for nothing at the end of it. That's good business ?

We've clearly lost the battle with Walker. Take whats on the table (if there is still something on the table) and get rid of the wee arsehole.

So the next time one of the bigot twins want one of our players they just need to put in a shitty bid, tell the player to down tools, then wait a couple of months, then all sorted.

Strengthening one of our nearest competitors on the cheap is worse then letting him rot for a year IMO

From this to "I've heard there will be no more bids"

:jj:

I was guessing the first part.  Second is info that's been given.  Sorry for not clearing that up. 

So the next time one of the bigot twins want one of our players they just need to put in a shitty bid, tell the player to down tools, then wait a couple of months, then all sorted.

Strengthening one of our nearest competitors on the cheap is worse then letting him rot for a year IMO

The next time they could easily just do the same again.  Especially if they think the club are acting crap. 

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived