The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

It's the second time today you've indicated that there will be a development fee. 

Can you not get it into your thick noggin that there will be NO DEVELOPMENT FEE...

It's clear trolling now. 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AllyjamboDerbyshire

Aren't most sizeable transfer fees paid in instalments ?

Also..

The difference in prize money between 2nd and 5th is not all that huge I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 'sizable' is a bit of an exaggeration when discussing what TRFC have offered for Walker, and instalment deals usually come about when the asking price is being met, or an offer is made much closer to it than the one TRFC are making. In other words, when a fee is agreed that suits both parties, the seller might be happy to receive the payment in instalments, otherwise it's a knock-down price paid in a way that provides no advantage to the seller. As to the difference in prize money, it has to be remembered that TRFC's idea of a fair deal would leave Hearts waiting for 2 seasons before receiving the full amount, so, at least two season's prize money to be taken into account, as well as the acceptance of bully boy tactics reminiscent of that other club that played out of Ibrox!

I was guessing the first part. Second is info that's been given. Sorry for not clearing that up.

Aye okay mate.

We would still have to find money to fritter on wages for any bought player as well. I doubt we can afford to buy anyone for more than a nominal fee, just like most other teams in our league.

If what we are told is true then we have money available for a signing or two and we would also have Walkers wage to spend.

The transfer fee could be used entirely on a transfer fee without effecting what we had to spend on wages.

The Old Tolbooth

500k plus Jason Holt would be a good deal

Wouldn't be a bad shout that as we're crying out for a central midfielder. 

Riddley Walker

It's the second time today you've indicated that there will be a development fee.

Can you not get it into your thick noggin that there will be NO DEVELOPMENT FEE...

Why not? Why so angry?

Holt has done diddly squat at them and would do nothing but

diddly square here again. no thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Why not? Why so angry?

To answer the second question, because this question has been answered in every Walker thread on a weekly basis all summer, including once earlier today in this very thread.

To answer the first question, because he'll be 24 and too old to receive a development fee.

The Future's Maroon

EEN running story The Rangers will make one last bid, which will fall short of our ?1m valuation.

If me, I'd send quick email stating "don't bother".

I think an English team might well take the risk of ?1m, its peanuts to them.....and would best result for us.

I think an English team might well take the risk of ?1m, its peanuts to them.....and would best result for us.

No chance.

Why bother chucking away money when Rangers aren't.

Riddley Walker

To answer the second question, because this question has been answered in every Walker thread on a weekly basis all summer, including once earlier today in this very thread.

To answer the first question, because he'll be 24 and too old to receive a development fee.

All semantics mate, as long as we get at least 2 or 3 hundred thousand for him next year I don't really care.

Can we no just make the wee rat train with the under 20's now and forget all about him.

Totally bored with it all.

Can we no just make the wee rat train with the under 20's now and forget all about him.

this , enough is enough 

I'd take this. Was one of there better players last year .. this from the mouths of a few rangers fans. Lost his place this year due to jack signing and rossiter back from injury and dorrans signing . Would help get a problem position filled and some extra cash if able to use it to add further to squad

Westendjambo

Not acting like one though. If he played hard to get and worked hard for the team no doubt Rangers would have paid up.

I can see that but he still supported hearts as a boy before he came through the academy and during. Hes at the club at the moment abd clearly wants to move on, doesnt mean hes not or wasnt a fan of HMFC, thats all im saying.

The Future's Maroon

That's cos they don't have it, their ?600k bid...apparently they only offered half of that upfront.

HillmanHearts

Nah !

Jason's a nice tidy wee ball player and decent when things are going well.

But he's not what we need right now.

We need spark, energy and fight in midfield, and some pace outside. 

Would love it if he did a Peter Odemwingie and was filmed by Sky trying to get into Ibrox to sign a non existent deal tomorrow night.

There is no chance having let Holt go that we will take him back.

What about Wallace?

Wallace is one of their best players. Not a hope in hell.

Winston Ingram

Wallace is one of their best players. Not a hope in hell.

Not so sure about that. Or at least not so sure about him being regarded as such.

Just offer him to them for 750k, 500k up front and be done, he's no good to us and the money would go to signing 2 good players who want to play for us.

Nah. I want the full amount up front from that lot.

Seymour M Hersh

Why let him upset the U20's? On his own would be my choice.

All semantics mate, as long as we get at least 2 or 3 hundred thousand for him next year I don't really care.

19789999.jpg

If you genuinely are not a troll then you might want to go find the other half of your brain.

buckhind jambo

Em yes, if the club want to make any money on him that's how it works. If not, he walks away for free. Better to sell now than have him half-hearted about being with the club and just waiting to sign a pre-contract at Ibrox in January. 

Nottingham Forest won't be able to match what Hibs want for McGinn so may yet come in with a better bid for Walker than The Rangers.

For once it would be good to stick a two fingers salute up to sevco and tell them feck off, HMFC are not bowing down to your cheap tactics, time after time we have let players go to them for peanuts, bugger off let him play with our kids if his attitude is wrong!!

Riddley Walker

19789999.jpg

If you genuinely are not a troll then you might want to go find the other half of your brain.

It's all about opinions, this game.

My opinion is we'll getting 250/300gs MINIMUM if he runs down his contract.

For once it would be good to stick a two fingers salute up to sevco and tell them feck off, HMFC are not bowing down to your cheap tactics, time after time we have let players go to them for peanuts, bugger off let him play with our kids if his attitude is wrong!!

As a matter if interest have we ever sold a player to them who improved after going there? Been thinking about it and even big Slim and Davie Weir were better when they were here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need players in ASAP. If selling Walker to Rangers funds that then so be it, as unpalatable as that may be. Not strengthening the team right now would be a disaster.

When is it the window SLAMS shut?

31st/1st/6pm/11pm, is it the same in England and Scotland, is it the same for Europe (allowing for time differences)?

Johnny Two Pies

He's not worth more than about ?700k. If we are being offered anything like that take it and bring someone in who is willing to earn his wages. I doubt we can afford Moult or Cadden, but Morgan of St Mirren is probably on our price bracket and looks a player.

Oxford looking at Cadden.

Has he the required O grades?

His sister (I assume) doesn't appear to have a very high opinion of Hearts fans...

tweets today calling us rodents and "guffy ****ing b******s"

If that is the level of intelligence from the family, I am not surprised that he hasn't been mentally strong enough or professional enough to not handle this situation.

kingantti1874

EEN running story The Rangers will make one last bid, which will fall short of our ?1m valuation.

If me, I'd send quick email stating "don't bother".

He doesnt want to play in England.. He will sit it out for his move to Sevco

Nah. I want the full amount up front from that lot.

Can not see that happening.... Got a feeling some undisclosed deal will be done behind closed doors. Avoiding Hearts looking like they have accepted part payment, and Rangers coming over as skint...

The stadium condition appears to be central in Rangers attentions, going by forums etc.....

Agree its best to move him on, but any late deal has to be worthwhile and suit our balance sheet and allow us time to replace him and strengthen. If its a fair bid, great, but I predict a last minute bid that is derisory, and doesn't give us time to spend whatever we make.

In that circumstance, Walker can go on loan to Falkirk, Inverness or the like for the season, so somebody else keeps him fit and we can recall him if Zanatta picks up an injury. Feck him and feck the Huns.

I see Hearts have a massive Cup game against St Mirren on Sat. Expect a blockbusting performance from Walker.

Tennant's  6's

He doesnt want to play in England.. He will sit it out for his move to Sevco

He's probably not fit/ quick/ athletic enough for the Championship. That's a brutal league, two games a wk all season.

He's got no ambition.

Typical of a lot of Scots footballers, thinking that the old firm is the be all & end all. He's got as much chance of winning something with Hearts as he does with them

The headline figure is one thing and the actual cash in hand another.

I want him to stay but only if he is happy to and what always has to be taken account of is the monies we might receive for finishing higher in the league with him against what you might be able to bring in without him

There is no straightforward answer and a lot would depend on what we can get for the money we might receive.

Will he knuckle down and play for a better move ?

Said it all along Walker has screwed his career with his nonsense. Never mind being worth less too nothing to Hearts he will not get paid any more than we offered him as an out of contract player nor will he get a signing on fee.

He either sorts himself out and signs his contract...which CL will make sure is on reduced terms or he'll be ending up at a club of lesser stature than Hearts.

He should also be sacking that agent of his.

That's cos they don't have it, their ?600k bid...apparently they only offered half of that upfront.

FM mode here.

Take 350k upfront 300k to be paid in the next 6 months in instalments of 50k per month at 7.5% interest per month.

100k after 50 appearances and a 10% sell on fee.

Total of 772k plus a sell on could bring us to the million mark.

For me, that would be a fair compromise.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived