The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jack D and coke

He was still our most likely source of an equaliser on Saturday and may turn things around if the transfer window leaves him here. I am in the reject a poor offer camp.

Absolutely reject a poor offer.

The Huns have plenty previous for this kind of shit too offering shitpence, unsettling players then forcing you to sell for under market value. Let him rot if they don't pony up. If walker can't be professional enough to his job then that's his problem.

Wee wank.

Can't wait to get rid of him. His behaviour and form have been disgraceful in the past few months. Why have we continued to play him? This season he has missed a sitter against Peterhead, touched the ball about twice the whole time he was on the park at Ibrox and sold the second goal at Motherwell on Saturday.

Take whatever they are offering and get him to out of the club.

Skivingatwork

Little rat hasn't tried a leg for months and can't remember his last good game. He's disgraced himself with his behaviour and is well suited to the shameless mob he so desperately wants to join.

The Huns have plenty previous for this kind of shit too offering shitpence, unsettling players then forcing you to sell for under market value. Let him rot if they don't pony up. If walker can't be professional enough to his job then that's his problem.

Wee wank.

Absolutely correct. Fek im.

Wee wank.

Spot on. That was the trademark way of doing business by the old club. Looks like the zombie club have taken up the mantel and are trying to do their business in the same way.

The Treasurer

If we back down now and accept whatever sevco decide to chuck our way (and whatever terms they choose) it sends a dangerous message to any other player that fancies a move.

Just down tools and the club will take what they can for you even if it's way below your actual value.

So for me, we wait until a bid comes in that matches our valuation or we leave him to rot until he realises that his career is fast going down the toilet unless he starts behaving like a professional football player

So there's been no bid then? Thursday lunchtime one will come in. Accepted and we will get a couple of players released down South or in Holland probably.

i wish jj was my dad

If we back down now and accept whatever sevco decide to chuck our way (and whatever terms they choose) it sends a dangerous message to any other player that fancies a move.

Just down tools and the club will take what they can for you even if it's way below your actual value.

So for me, we wait until a bid comes in that matches our valuation or we leave him to rot until he realises that his career is fast going down the toilet unless he starts behaving like a professional football player

That's how I see it but the wee rat seems he'll bent on working his ticket. I've never wished ill on somebody who left us even those who left a bad taste in the mouth but I honestly hope he is at Cowdenbeath before much longer

Willie Wallace. May e not in such an odious way, but her certainly stopped putting the effort in and was dropped.

Beat me to it !

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope he stays - good player.

Stinking attitude though. He will have to change that radically if he is still any use to us.

I agree !

Good player once in a blue moon and injury prone.

Anything over 600k is good business.

What's the betting he downs tools at Ibrox as well when the going gets tough.

Just look at other players who jumped ship to them. I couldn't even tell you if Temps is still around Castle Greyskull.

doctor jambo

Walker has just messed himself professionally

Seems utterly unable to perform

He still has an entire YEAR on his contract, yet has chucked it

Walker has just messed himself professionally

Seems utterly unable to perform

He still has an entire YEAR on his contract, yet has chucked it

A year is a long time in football, if Walker has not tried a leg or played regular football by June 2018, there is absolutely no chance Sevco will touch him ...and why would they.

Walker has acted like a fool all through this sorry saga

Special Agent Dale Cooper

We cant accept a derisory offer now, as it shows to all and sundry that if you down tools, you win.  

Tynecastlesmychurch

It's amazing that Walkers even been turned in the first place! For starters their not actually that interested in him. If they were they wouldn't be pissing around with bids of 300k and 400k. Secondly they keep referring to Walker as a left winger. First of all he's a number 10. But even so he's spent most of his Hearts career out wide right! Not only that... but they're a basket case! Seriously they're the laughing stock of Scottish football a title once proudly held by that wee team the other side of Edinburgh. If Walker goes. Along with McLean from Aberdeen they'll both be squad players at best.

Just look at other players who jumped ship to them. I couldn't even tell you if Temps is still around Castle Greyskull.

He is at Hamilton.

A year is a long time in football, if Walker has not tried a leg or played regular football by June 2018, there is absolutely no chance Sevco will touch him ...and why would they.

Walker has acted like a fool all through this sorry saga

Every chance that the manager who wants him won't be there in June 18

Another reason why he really needs to buckle down re-evaluate the situation, maybe dump his agent and re negotiate a new contract with minimum sell on clause.

At this moment his career is only heading one way

Happy to see the back of him. Had some good spells with us. But attitude and fitness issues mean I would be very happy to get any cash for him.

Goodbye...  :thumbsdown: 

Sorry not sure if this has been covered but would we be due a development fee(?400,000) if he left on a free next summer?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry not sure if this has been covered but would we be due a development fee(?400,000) if he left on a free next summer?

No we would not.

It has & we're not.

24 is too old to get a development fee apparently.

Is it too logical to think that if Rangers do bid ?600k, we take it, go and offer Motherwell ?400-500k for Cadden?

I know that's not normally our style, but we need someone who can create, and the boy might be an investment.

I see that Sevco have started using their press friends to this end. The "No bid unless Hearts reduce their asking price" stories have started to appear. I expect that to continue into tomorrow. New club same old blackmail.

This is a no win situation, walker has made sure of that, let's accept anything north of ?500k and buy a replacement, hopefully the youngster's coming through will be more principalled young men

upgotheheads

This is a no win situation, walker has made sure of that, let's accept anything north of ?500k and buy a replacement, hopefully the youngster's coming through will be more principalled young men

500k or over and i would sell...assuming all cash is upfront.

Lesser of two evils to sell

Nope.

500k is worth it to send a message to agents, players and other clubs that they can't take the p15h with us.

Nope.

500k is worth it to send a message to agents, players and other clubs that they can't take the p15h with us.

This is correct.

Also, do players just get a piss lip on and expect a move when it suits them? Just dont try a leg and their saviours will come for them?

Feck that!

We let him go cjeap and a precident is set. We need to show all that we wont roll over to any player or any club.

He can rot and go for nowt next year for me.

500k or over and i would sell...assuming all cash is upfront.

Lesser of two evils to sell

No. Nothing less than 800000 and most of it up front.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Nope.

This. We cannot be seen to be weak at the negotiating table or with the actions of want away footballers.

Stinking attitude though. He will have to change that radically if he is still any use to us.

And yet still the most creative player at the weekend.

Take any reasonable offer from them I say. They're the only interested party and only club a lad of limited intellect wants to play for.

Get it done today so we can move onwards with players who want to play for the club

His attitude is unprofessional and an absolute disgrace

BobbyJenkins

?500k up front and ?250k add ons... using my Champ Manager credentials to determine that figure but sounds about right...

In fairness, up til a couple of days ago our managerial situation was even more tenuous.

Who knows, maybe he will see things differently with CL.

Undisclosed fee, end of today.

Suspect you'll not be far wrong

It's a tragic signing from a Rangers perspective as it illustrates they're light years behind Celtic.

Any deal is a good deal for Hearts now as we'll get zero from him between now and January

letsalldothebeattie

If they are to bid one last time then they better fork out the right money. I know folk saying just accept this bid regardless and move him on, I understand that but that's just saying we will cave to them whenever. Stand strong and get what we deserve for Walker or they can get to feck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no fresh bid though...

I'd love it if HMFC came out and told us all what any/all previous bids amounted to and the payment schedule, along with any attached conditions. I realise that the bid/s have no doubt been made 'in commercial confidence' but, having told Sevco at the outset that the price was ?1m (at least), any offers made by them since should, IMO, be made public as they've clearly failed meet our asking price. 

Take the money and reinvest in the squad. Keeping JW against his will is doing us no favours whatsoever. He's lost interested and isn't producing consistently....keeping him for the remainder of the season is no real use to us. I'd rather we had players who helped us get results and keep the supporters happy.

If they are to bid one last time then they better fork out the right money. I know folk saying just accept this bid regardless and move him on, I understand that but that's just saying we will cave to them whenever. Stand strong and get what we deserve for Walker or they can get to feck

It's different when the player is determined to go. More so when they're the type we're dealing with here

Any deal is a good deal by cob tomorrow. Hopefully sooner to allow replacements to arrive

AB will be very aware that money needs spending in next 36 hours or so

We're very short

Take the money and reinvest in the squad. Keeping JW against his will is doing us no favours whatsoever. He's lost interested and isn't producing consistently....keeping him for the remainder of the season is no real use to us. I'd rather we had players who helped us get results and keep the supporters happy.

Exactly. Could allow us to sign theIkea of Cadden, albeit unlikely. We wouldn't be able to do that if Walker isn't moved on for a fee

Keeping him any longer will do nobody any favours

He'll get some abuse when he comes back to Tynecastle that's for sure

Captain Canada

He's hardly putting himself in the shop window though is he? If I was a manager looking at him, his attitude would have made me think twice.

Ach well **** it at least if he stays we'll get 400 grand for him next summer.

Is this a piss take or are you serious?

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived