So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

Reading all sorts from all over about this now

Levein forcing Walker out with a shite contract offer?

I want to see behind the curtain. Too many rumours...

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgaro Gomis

Achieved what he wanted though.

Possibly, although I'm not convinced it was a fishing attempt!

the general

Looks like a player being forced out after knocking back a risible new contract.

exactly back to the vlad old days

after all the great PR we generated post admin we haven't half gone backwards recently

A massive loss when he goes. That we have so many fans that can't see that is both sad and confirmation of how little most of our support know about anything.

He's taken undeserved flak all season about tracking back. And this has got into the brain of many Hearts fans.

I heard Willie Miller speak about Aberdeen on Saturday and he supported Hayes and McGinn saying you can't expect them to always be back defending. They are there to attack and create as their most potent threat....the team is set up to deal with play breaking down.

I've said this in defence of Walker all season. Of course there's sometimes he can get back but that depends on the flow of the game or how quickly or slowly teams attack.

In fact, if people shifted a bit from their unstinting view for a minute because they need to stand by their point, Walker was excellent tracking back in the last two home games of the season. You could see it was alot out of frustration too.

See people saying he's not good enough, have you noticed all of those around him weren't good enough and have been punted?

We should not be selling our best player. Just 12 months ago Jamie distanced himself from a move to Spain saying he wanted to stay. If he wants to go it's because of Cathro or Levein, or both.

Going by the recruitment of the last 12 months, we wont get a better replacement

Club-killer Levein at it again. Sadly the old cow won't get rid of him.

07467df265658d4ac3d3147d32ec8266.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is a money thing on BOTH sides. Walker can earn more elsewhere (even if it's at a club not nearly as attractive as Hearts should be). And our DoF can't afford not to bring in a transfer fee given both the mess he has made of other expiring contracts and the amount of dough he's pished up against a wall signing keek and paying some of them off.

Mike Tyson

Possibly, although I'm not convinced it was a fishing attempt!

Definitely wasn't mate. Fed up of the two of them. The turnover has been an embarrassment, and it's clear that Levein is a poison. Budge is enabling him when she should be emptying him.

There's a shortfall of cash to cover for the new stand. We have one sellable asset just now that would probably cover that shortfall.

Surely no one can be surprised by this development. How did you think they were gonna raise the money for the shortfall??

As far as I have been told and I believe it, Jamie Walker Has Never asked to leave the club. In otherwards he's been told if an acceptable offer comes in It's the clubs intention to accept it. Whether he wants to go or not. Now of course he could dig his heels in and sit right till the summer next year or even a pre contract in January where he will earn more cash, but with Levein has now heaped all the pressure on Jamie by stating he wants to leave. Be interesting to see how it plays out. If I was Jamie I'd sit tight till next season and **** Leveins plan right up, he may however get a good offer from a decent club which may appeal to him.

The Comedian

Did Levein say any of that though? Either tell the whole story or say nothing and keep matters private. 

If someone is sniffing about him and offer ?1.5M then I would bite there hand off. He can be brilliant but to many games pass him by for me. That money can then be reinvested in the team I am more than happy for him to go.

If someone is sniffing about him and offer ?1.5M then I would bite there hand off. He can be brilliant but to many games pass him by for me. That money can then be reinvested in the team I am more than happy for him to go.

Lol. ?1.5 million. We'd take less than a 3rd of that.

As far as I have been told and I believe it, Jamie Walker Has Never asked to leave the club. In otherwards he's been told if an acceptable offer comes in It's the clubs intention to accept it. Whether he wants to go or not. Now of course he could dig his heels in and sit right till the summer next year or even a pre contract in January where he will earn more cash, but with Levein has now heaped all the pressure on Jamie by stating he wants to leave. Be interesting to see how it plays out. If I was Jamie I'd sit tight till next season and **** Leveins plan right up, he may however get a good offer from a decent club.

As far as I have been told and I believe it, Jamie Walker has said he'd like to speak to any clubs if anyone shows an interest.

There's a shortfall of cash to cover for the new stand. We have one sellable asset just now that would probably cover that shortfall.

Surely no one can be surprised by this development. How did you think they were gonna raise the money for the shortfall??

As far as I have been told and I believe it, Jamie Walker Has Never asked to leave the club. In otherwards he's been told if an acceptable offer comes in It's the clubs intention to accept it. Whether he wants to go or not. Now of course he could dig his heels in and sit right till the summer next year or even a pre contract in January where he will earn more cash, but with Levein has now heaped all the pressure on Jamie by stating he wants to leave. Be interesting to see how it plays out. If I was Jamie I'd sit tight till next season and **** Leveins plan right up, he may however get a good offer from a decent club.

Again, hard to believe alot of stuff just now but if this is true it's a bit naughty, bit skullduggery by Levein.

Ernie Eskilsson

We can't slag Walker for wanting to better himself and at the same time celebrate the return of Berra who did exactly that.

What worries me is the turnover of players and the loss of the Scottish core of the club. Losing Paterson, Walker and Nicholson is a huge blow to the identity of the club. It makes me wonder about the impact of Levein's ego. It makes me wonder about his man management. It makes me wonder if he understands the importance of having a happy, motivated team all working for each other.

His announcement re Walker smacks of an attempt to deflect the blame for yet another disappointment in an absolute shambles of a season.

Rubbish.

Really?! You think anyone is going to pay ?1.5 million for a Hearts player whose contract is up in a year and who can speak to other clubs in January. Unless we have something lined up in China there's not a hope of us getting that sort of fee. And like I said above the last thing Levein will want is for his contract to run down like Paterson and especially after the hundreds of thousands he has wasted on gash signings.

So CL tells a blatant lie in a Presser . Something which can be refuted easily by Jamie . Or it's true . Given his onfield demeanor recently inc a deliberate red card which it it?

Ps I am no fan of CL and would wish a fully committed JW to stay .

We can't slag Walker for wanting to better himself and at the same time celebrate the return of Berra who did exactly that.

What worries me is the turnover of players and the loss of the Scottish core of the club. Losing Paterson, Walker and Nicholson is a huge blow to the identity of the club. It makes me wonder about the impact of Levein's ego. It makes me wonder about his man management. It makes me wonder if he understands the importance of having a happy, motivated team all working for each other.

His announcement re Walker smacks of an attempt to deflect the blame for yet another disappointment in an absolute shambles of a season.

Levein has already stated that they've got the transfer policy wrong in the last couple of years and he wants the club to have a strong Scottish core.

maroonnicky63

I think there is a decent chance a deal is well on way to being agreed.

Just cos it's been announced today he wants to leave doesn't mean it's just happened.

We're more likely just trying to control the news.

Oh my god, save me

Again, hard to believe alot of stuff just now but if this is true it's a bit naughty, bit skullduggery by Levein.

Happens in football clubs all over the world mate. It's not an unusual situation. Clubs sometimes need money to survive and send emails round saying such and such a player is available without the player even knowing, A bid comes in and the player has a decision to make . That's how it works. I find it a wee bit unusual coming out saying it in public tho.

Levein has already stated that they've got the transfer policy wrong in the last couple of years and he wants the club to have a strong Scottish core.

Levein also said the best bit of business we'd do is keep a hold of Sam Nicholson...

maroonedinoz

I have no problem with any player leaving, provided he is replaced by a better one.

I'm just not sure we can afford a better player than Walker on what it appears we are prepared to pay.

Bazzas right boot

Club-killer Levein at it again. Sadly the old cow won't get rid of him.

Dear god. Worst comment I've read on here.

Bull's-eye

So, in summary.

JW wants away and is being helped out the door, he said he wanted to look for another club but he didn't.

Levein is to blame because he has a big ego, the club needs the money, he's recruited dross and generally he's a big jobby.

Cathro is to blame because he's clueless, recruited dross and generally a wee jobby.

Is that about it so far ?

Levein told Walker he wouldn't make it at a bigger club than hearts when Walker refused to sign a new deal at ?100 extra a month.

I heard the same, apparently we offered both Jamie and Sam pitiful salary increases.

The Treasurer

I've no idea what the real truth is in this story. Whether he's asked for a move, been offered a poor deal or what.

If however he has indicated he wants to leave then it is in the club's best interest to move him on sooner rather than later, therefore maximizing any fee we would receive.

Personally I hope it's all pish and he wants to stay and be part of the future of our club

The Secret Footballer said that if a player is sold without asking for a transfer the selling club pay up his contract, he the gets a signing on fee and normally a higher wage. If you ask for a transfer you don't get the pay off. Robbie Keane seemingly has made a fortune this way.

Could be the issue here about the did he ask for a transfer or not.

So, in summary.

JW wants away and is being helped out the door, he said he wanted to look for another club but he didn't.

Levein is to blame because he has a big ego, the club needs the money, he's recruited dross and generally he's a big jobby.

Cathro is to blame because he's clueless, recruited dross and generally a wee jobby.

Main stand facade will be inferior glass now

John Findlay

Players come and players go. Nature of the beast.

Thank you and all the best in the future Jamie Walker.

Will I personally lose any sleep over his going? No.

maroonnicky63

As the old saying goes '' not going to say told you so but told you so'' I said this months ago that he would go this summer and he was not a happy budgie but I got pelters for it. Trying to pay for the stand and try and keep players financially happy is a step to far especially the way our wage structure is.

Walker would jump at the chance to move to Rangers and good luck to him he always done his best for us no matter what some have said on here. We haven't seen the best of him yet which is a pity he will get better and better and make Rangers a much better team

maroonnicky63

I heard the same, apparently we offered both Jamie and Sam pitiful salary increases.

Paterson as well but yes spot on

The regime certainly do have a history of saying one thing in a post season press conference then the opposite happening.

Billy King

Alexander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, in summary.

Little vermin boy out to play again I see...

As the old saying goes '' not going to say told you so but told you so'' I said this months ago that he would go this summer and he was not a happy budgie but I got pelters for it. Trying to pay for the stand and try and keep players financially happy is a step to far especially the way our wage structure is.

Walker would jump at the chance to move to Rangers and good luck to him he always done his best for us no matter what some have said on here. We haven't seen the best of him yet which is a pity he will get better and better and make Rangers a much better team

Good luck to him...if he goes to Rangers? Is that what you're saying?

THERE is a problem here and it's not Jamie Walker ... The man is poison to the core what sort of person would come out with this sort of stuff to a player .

I'm in your camp.

I'm amazed at the number of people who know what salaries are being offered...more leaks than Trump's America

Players come and players go. Nature of the beast.

Thank you and all the best in the future Jamie Walker.

Will I personally lose any sleep over his going? No.

He's our second best player behind the one that's buggering off for sod all almost. People should be alarmed.

maroonnicky63

Good luck to him...if he goes to Rangers? Is that what you're saying?

yes, I would be surprised if he goes elsewhere but I agree with you best of luck to him

I'm amazed at the number of people who know what salaries are being offered...more leaks than Trump's America

You could have said three weeks ago...

"I'm amazed of the number of people who know Jamie or inside the club and know he wants to leave..."

it's my understanding his face doesn't fit any more.

Armadale Jambo

Hmmm, good player...not great player.  If Walker isn't happy he needs to go.

This is one of the biggest summers I can ever remember for us and if CL and IC don't get their finger out and get some decent 25+ signings, we could have a big fight on our hands to get into the top 6 next season.

Berra in - Walker oot.  Not a huge issue for me

John Findlay

He's our second best player behind the one that's buggering off for sod all almost. People should be alarmed.

Why?

Hearts will be here long after Jamie Walker hangs his boots up.

You could have said three weeks ago...

"I'm amazed of the number of people who know Jamie or inside the club and know he wants to leave..."

it's my understanding his face doesn't fit any more.

I also could have said that I am amazed at the number of people who hide behind interweb pseudonyms and just make things up .

Ps my name is Wilson

I also could have said that I am amazed at the number of people who hide behind interweb pseudonyms and just make things up .

Ps my name is Wilson

That's amazing that you're amazed, Wilson.

Why?

Hearts will be here long after Jamie Walker hangs his boots up.

The running of the footballing side of things is majorly alarming at the moment. Leveins even admitted a change of strategy, **** knows where it's heading. He's effectively said his strategy has failed, wants a Scottish backbone now but hung our homegrown player out to dry. For what? To deflect the attention?

"we want a Scottish core"

Goodbye Paterson, Nicholson and Walker.

Worst start to the transfer window, again we are giving ourselves a mammoth task of rebuilding

"we want a Scottish core"

Goodbye Paterson, Nicholson and Walker.

Worst start to the transfer window, again we are giving ourselves a mammoth task of rebuilding

These 3 players wanted to leave so we aren't 'giving ourselves' a mammoth task of rebuilding

Archived