Game of Thrones season 7

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best season by a mile now they've had to ramp it up. The scenes with Jon/Dany are great.

Preferred last weeks to this though in all honesty. Maybe I expected too much on the strength of previous episodes and reading the 'wow' posts on here from those who watched in advance.

Had a bit too much Hollywood blockbuster type thing going on for me at the end. I actually wanted Bronn to die (and I like him) as how he survived the carnage of the battle, to cheat death at the last minute - twice - make it to the weapon and take down the dragon in a one on one, then dive out the way at the last second to cheat death again, THEN mount his horse and save the hero from certain death with seconds to spare. That's a Tom Cruise movie or a James Bond.

I never once thought either him or Jaime would kop it tonight, and thats not what has set GoT aside from everything else on TV previously.

That's got me worried that Bronn dies saving Jamie. After getting all that heroism in one episode and whingeing about his reward, it would be typical that he goes and does something unselfish in the end. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

How could I forget THAT episode, ffs!

Cheers, Dunks.

To be fair none of the Starks seem to have remembered him

kingantti1874

That's got me worried that Bronn dies saving Jamie. After getting all that heroism in one episode and whingeing about his reward, it would be typical that he goes and does something unselfish in the end.

One fan theory suggest Jamie is the Prince that was promised and will be the one to kill cersei..in the last 2 episodes you see his attitude towards her change especially now he knows tyrion didn't kill joff

KineticBeat

One fan theory suggest Jamie is the Prince that was promised and will be the one to kill cersei..in the last 2 episodes you see his attitude towards her change especially now he knows tyrion didn't kill joff

Don't know if he is the prince that was promised but it is pretty much nailed on that he will kill Cersei just before he dies himself. 

Cersei has a prophecy that she will be killed by her younger brother. She always thought this was Tyrion, but Jamie is also her younger brother. There's also a line about them entering the world together and exiting it together.

So yeah I think he lives. I've heard a theory where he is captured by Dany and she just wants to kill him. However, Tyrion betrays Dany and lets Jamie escape (this would be the betrayal for love in Dany's prophecy). 

The preview for the next episode (titled Eastwatch) also looks glorious!

Don't know if he is the prince that was promised but it is pretty much nailed on that he will kill Cersei just before he dies himself. 

Cersei has a prophecy that she will be killed by her younger brother. She always thought this was Tyrion, but Jamie is also her younger brother. There's also a line about them entering the world together and exiting it together.

So yeah I think he lives. I've heard a theory where he is captured by Dany and she just wants to kill him. However, Tyrion betrays Dany and lets Jamie escape (this would be the betrayal for love in Dany's prophecy). 

Next weeks trailer does look good. The scene with Jon and the dragon will be interesting, I wonder if it will realise that he's one of them (or half at least)

If Jamie was to die in the most recent episode they would have burned him to a crisp. Not sink under the weight of his armour.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The Volonqar

KineticBeat

Next weeks trailer does look good. The scene with Jon and the dragon will be interesting, I wonder if it will realise that he's one of them (or half at least)

I expected that would happen. However, a mate has a theory that Drogon will be aggressive towards Jon and Rhaegal will swoop in and defend Jon from Drogon. This will set up Jon to end up riding Rhaegal in the future (who is named after his Dad remember). 

Now if that doesn't happen, I'll be disappointed.

The Volonqar

That's the word I couldn't remember!

I expected that would happen. However, a mate has a theory that Drogon will be aggressive towards Jon and Rhaegal will swoop in and defend Jon from Drogon. This will set up Jon to end up riding Rhaegal in the future (who is named after his Dad remember). 

Now if that doesn't happen, I'll be disappointed.

That's the word I couldn't remember!

There not that much made of Jon's warg ability in the series, but in the future books (if they are ever published) I wouldn't be surprised to Jon physically taking control of Rhaegal

Say What Again

Episode 5 hacked and a ransom demanded to prevent its release. A detailed script summary, along with emails from the CEO have apparently been posted online as proof.

The hackers say they've hacked 17 companies previously and only 3 have failed to pay the ransom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-script-summary-leaks-hbo-hack-pirated-plot-spoilers-a7881871.html

Episode 4 was amazing.  I had to wait until Tuesday before watching it, but managed to do so without reading anything about it.

I'm expecting Bran to take control of one of the dragons - always though that was what was meant when he was told he would never walk, but he would fly.

Episode 4 had the highest viewing figures so far in the US, so I doubt they'll be too worried about the hack.

Was good advertising for them, with the amount of "wow" reactions from those who watched the leaked episode!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

More of a fallout/build up episode this week

Potentially huge reveal made by Gilly when she was reading the scrolls

I won't go into detail but I felt a lot of stuff was rushed in this episode to prepare/set up next episode.

In the past a lot of the story's would be more developed.

Still enjoyed it but feel it raised a few questions. I'll wait until it's been on tonight before going into detail

What's the point in Cersei being pregnant?

And what long game is Little Finger playing?

Next week's episode is going to be so. ****ing. good. 

Huge reveal by Gilly which has all kind of implications but she wasn't listened too. 

I have a couple of theories about Cersei's pregnancy:

1) she isn't actually pregnant and is only saying she is to keep Jamie on side

2) she's pregnant, it's not Jamie's, when it is born without blond hair and blue eyes he will know and reject Cersei like he does in the books 

3) she's pregnant, she gives birth to a Dwarf and dies during childbirth. This makes her a) die like her mother, B) be killed by Jamie (he made her pregnant), c) be killed by Tyrion (her dwarf son). 

Littlefinger is doing what littlefinger does. Creating chaos in order to try and gain more power from it.

Totally. Would mean Jon isn't actuall a b*****d and ahead of danerys for the throne

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The last scene was reminiscent of the exbendables

This. I'm loving the new beyond the wall squad.

Ironic that the squad going up against the undead are Jon and Beric who have died and come back, the Hound has come very close to death, and Jorah has previously been afflicted with a terminal disease. Think Jon's "we're still breathing" line was a bit of nod to this.

Davos to Gendry "I thought you might still be rowing" :lol:

Gilly's reveal is absolutely titanic. It's revealed to us but not the characters clearly.

If succession of the throne is legitimate male heirs before female, Jon is heir to the Iron Throne and not Daenerys.

Massive revelation to be done so subtley.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Quiet episode but setting things up for the last 2.. huge coming together of characters in the north... and who will do who in Winterfell hate littlefinger but he is such a huge part can't see him dying soon(ok yep remember Sean Bean)

As said above Gilly has in effect given us the 1 true King....

only 2 dead by fire feeling cheated.

alwaysthereinspirit

Gilly's reveal is absolutely titanic. It's revealed to us but not the characters clearly.

If succession of the throne is legitimate male heirs before female, Jon is heir to the Iron Throne and not Daenerys.

Massive revelation to be done so subtley.

The petting of the dragon was also a strange scene for it to mean nothing. The dragon knew.

I enjoyed the episode but felt it was rushed. There were a few things that just didn't add up for me

Tyrian going to kings landing to meet Jamie. The meeting seemed like that should have been a massive scene but wasn't.

The whole going north of the wall to find a white walker to bring to kings landing. Cersie will not give a **** about this yet no one made that point that while they are doing that Cersie will be scheming to harm danearys and the dragons.

Surely Tyrion would have pointed this out. No one seemed to question this whole plan potentially not being a good idea.

Then John and the squad meeting the hound and Beric Dundarion. John didn't question what they were doing. The last time John saw the Hound he was a Lanaster henchman but just seemed to accept them without asking anything.

There were plenty good bits in it but I feel certain things could have been done better. It's a real setup episode though so hopefully next week is a beauty

Placid Casual

The whole going north of the wall to find a white walker to bring to kings landing. Cersie will not give a **** about this yet no one made that point that while they are doing that Cersie will be scheming to harm danearys and the dragons. Surely Tyrion would have pointed this out. No one seemed to question this whole plan potentially not being a good idea.

I agree, this didn't make sense to me either. I enjoyed the episode though. Davos has some great lines.

Stewie Griffin

I enjoyed the episode but felt it was rushed. There were a few things that just didn't add up for me

Tyrian going to kings landing to meet Jamie. The meeting seemed like that should have been a massive scene but wasn't.

The whole going north of the wall to find a white walker to bring to kings landing. Cersie will not give a **** about this yet no one made that point that while they are doing that Cersie will be scheming to harm danearys and the dragons.

Surely Tyrion would have pointed this out. No one seemed to question this whole plan potentially not being a good idea.

Then John and the squad meeting the hound and Beric Dundarion. John didn't question what they were doing. The last time John saw the Hound he was a Lanaster henchman but just seemed to accept them without asking anything.

There were plenty good bits in it but I feel certain things could have been done better. It's a real setup episode though so hopefully next week is a beauty

I might have missed it but was it winterfell or castle black they all met as if it was winterfell then surely Arya would have wanted to see both the hound and the lad who's Roberts ******* at some point before they all set up off

I might have missed it but was it winterfell or castle black they all met as if it was winterfell then surely Arya would have wanted to see both the hound and the lad who's Roberts ******* at some point before they all set up off

It was Eastwatch.

"What's an annulment?"

Oh ya f*cker, that's it pretty much confirmed!

Targaryen blood may also explain how John was able to rub Drogon's neb without being chomped (and how Tyrion was able to get close enough to unchain the other two dragons earlier on in Mereen)

jamboinglasgow

I dont think they will reveal it privately to her, they will do it publicly (there is a shot in the trailers which looks like it is in the dragon pit in kings landing where someone comes out of a box but the sun obscures who they are.) Which means the people of Kings Landing see a White Waker. Cersi can dismiss it if it was just to her, but a whole city now frightened about what is coming changes it for her whether she likes it or not.

I love Gilly with one line has probably given the most explosive line in the whole series and Sam is preoccupied about something else.

Targaryen blood may also explain how John was able to rub Drogon's neb without being chomped (and how Tyrion was able to get close enough to unchain the other two dragons earlier on in Mereen)

We already knew Jon was a Targaryen. the latest Ep just confirms that he is actually now ahead of Dany as heir to the throne.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The plan seemed to be to take a wight hostage and show it to Cersei etc, there wasn't any mention of taking a white walker. Doing the latter would be more worth it but far more dangerous. Showing a wight wouldn't be that shocking, Cersei already has an unDead bodyguard in Ser Robert Strong/Gregor Clegane

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Tyrion wanted a meeting with Jamie. Except...how did he know Jamie was even still alive?

as well as teleporting they also seem to have whatsapp in Westeros now. Ravens only involvedwhen it suits the plot :lol:

Tyrion wanted a meeting with Jamie. Except...how did he know Jamie was even still alive?

Bronn arranged the meeting so would have told him Jamie was still alive.

AlphonseCapone

Not sure about the communication thing but Dragonstone isn't that far from Kings Landing.

Bronn arranged the meeting so would have told him Jamie was still alive.

Bronn being the one who pushed Jamie into the lake and presumably sank with him?

Bronn being the one who pushed Jamie into the lake and presumably sank with him?

Right enough. We'll just need to accept this one I think.

I reckon Jorah will become the Whyte / living dead they end up taking back. He will then serve his purpose of serving Dany. Just a thought..

Archived