Game of Thrones season 7

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Solid catch up type season opener. Should see sime real action next week

Arya :wub:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slow start. Don't feel any of the families or characters really got anywhere that they weren't already at the end of last season. A few minor exceptions to that obviously.

Slow start. Don't feel any of the families or characters really got anywhere that they weren't already at the end of last season. A few minor exceptions to that obviously.

Apart from the Freys....

Solid start to the season i thought.

Brilliant opening scene after that mostly just setting things up for the coming weeks.

I am very much looking forward to what lies ahead though.

It looks like Samwell Tarly is going to be the unlikely saviour of civilisation. 

And in a possible dramatic plot twist, Daenerys has stated that she needs to marry in order to gain an ally, and we all know that Cersei will do anything to maintain her power, and she's sitting on the Iron Throne all by her lonesome, so could they possibly .... ?

If I was a writer, I know what I would do. :wink:

Very impressed with the opener. I won't give anything away though until everyone has caught up.

Riddley Walker

Shame that whiny ginger dick never got a sword rammed through his neck

This.

Also, the first scene :yas:

Very impressed with the opener. I won't give anything away though until everyone has caught up.

Boobage?

marshallschunkychicken

I have to admit I was a bit gutted to see who I saw walking in the army of the white walkers just after the initial credits ran... :(

I have to admit I was a bit gutted to see who I saw walking in the army of the white walkers just after the initial credits ran... :(

you and me both buddy, I was annoyed at myself though, really should have seen that coming [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that Mag the Mighty or just some random giants?

I don't think Arya can survive the show tbh. How long will the faceless men allow her to carry on killing who she pleases with their training?

That confused me. Ramsay killed him after he broke in to Winterfell castle, so not sure how that works. I was expecting Hodor to be a White Walker, not Wun Wun.

That confused me. Ramsay killed him after he broke in to Winterfell castle, so not sure how that works. I was expecting Hodor to be a White Walker, not Wun Wun.

It can't possibly be Wun Wun. Winterfell is quite far south of the wall.

It could be Mag the Mighty who died trying to take the wall (unlikely as he probably would have had his body burned after he died in the path under the wall) Dongo (died after being set on fire by burning pitch oil)  or the other giant(s) we saw at that battle of Castle Black and at the scene when John Snow first meets Mance Rayder.

Random other giants IMO.

Riddley Walker

Decent opener, though the Sheeran appearance set a new level in cringe.

Absolutely horrendous decision by the producers to let this happen.

:spoton:

"It's a new song"

:seething:

Half expected the whiny ginge to wink at the camera after that line.

Delighted to say I had no idea he was in it until this thread. Ginger one I assume?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Agreed, it was horrible. To have him make a daft wee joke about it was even worse. :lol:

A good episode apart from that though. I'm loving Arya's revenge rampage, wonder if she'll manage to get anywhere near Cersei?

Placid Casual

Absolutely horrendous decision by the producers to let this happen.

This.

Sheeran ? an unnecessary, irritating distraction. In Westeros, and come to think of it, in real life.

Jambof3tornado

He got shot in the eye as he fell, when the dead giant walks by does he not only have 1 blue eye??

He got shot in the eye as he fell, when the dead giant walks by does he not only have 1 blue eye??

I'd need to watch it again to be sure but I didn't notice that.

How did the dead giant body get from Winterfell, through the wall and then join up with the rest of the dead army?

Jambof3tornado

I'd need to watch it again to be sure but I didn't notice that.

How did the dead giant body get from Winterfell, through the wall and then join up with the rest of the dead army?

Dont know but sure he only had 1 blue eye and that matches up to the one felled in winterfell.

Yeah that's what I thought. It did focus on his eye for some reason, so probably trying to **** us over in some way.

Folk moaning about Ed Sheeran, is Conor McGregor not rumoured to be next?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Yeah that's what I thought. It did focus on his eye for some reason, so probably trying to **** us over in some way.

Folk moaning about Ed Sheeran, is Conor McGregor not rumoured to be next?

What? Wtf is this? Personally hope McGregor is in it and we get to see him tortured. Prick of a man.

Wun Wun got shot in the right eye, which is the one that the giant Wight still has so I doubt it's going to be him. Maybe shooting giants in the eye is just an efficient way to kill them :lol:

Angry Haggis

This.

Sheeran ? an unnecessary, irritating distraction. In Westeros, and come to think of it, in real life.

This.

indianajones

So is it supposed to be Wun Wun?

Wun Wun died in winterfell didn't he?

I assumed it was one of his mates that died in an earlier season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Darth Sidious

Listening to Cast of Kings Podcast this morning on way to work.  They seem to think that the White Walkers were walking through grass and were bringing the winter storm.  They think Bran was seeing the future as there is no grass until you are well past Winterfell and the Twins.

They also said it wasnt Wun Wun as it was opposite eye.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Agree the sheeran cameo was cheap and gimmicky

The coldplay drummer cameo at the red wedding was at least subtle in that hey had a Frey hat on, not as recognisable etc.

Sheerans was just cheesy

Rumours of Mcgregor being an ironborn for a cameo as well

Not sure why D&D see the need to cheapen the show with pish like this

Agree the sheeran cameo was cheap and gimmicky

The coldplay drummer cameo at the red wedding was at least subtle in that hey had a Frey hat on, not as recognisable etc.

Sheerans was just cheesy

Rumours of Mcgregor being an ironborn for a cameo as well

Not sure why D&D see the need to cheapen the show with pish like this

Think at least one of the members of metal band Mastodon has also appeared as a white walker.

Sigor ros played at joffreys wedding. They like having musicians cameo

They could use Mick Jagger as a white walker.  Not much make-up required.

North Berwick Jambo

So episode two should be available to watch online in under an hours time :)

Wow.  Spoiler alert.

This episode is awesome!

The ending?  Wow.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Great episode

Highlights:

• Missandei's diddies
  • Viking battle at the end
  • fewer sand snakes
  • Jon doing a Ned on Littlefinger
  • Nymeria. We haven't seen a direwolf since Summer died in the Hodor episode

Lowlights

• Dany's rushed dialogue with Varys, Dornish and Olenna. The scenes were good in themselves it just felt a bit after the event i.e. felt like the showrunners wanted the big ending to last season with Dany seen at ful strength with her new allies, and only now weeks/months later she turns to Varys with a "So, WTF was with trying to assassinate me in s1?". Also Tyrion seemed less outraged with the Dornish killing his niece who he loved than he did with Theon last year for making fun of him for being short and allegedly killing the stark boys
  • Jaime's story arc. The theory about him being the Valonqar seems to be gone and he is just Cersei's lapdog now. Not sure what worse she can do that would make Jaime consider taking her out

Great episode this week. Back to decent standard.

Tense things coming going by the ending.

North Berwick Jambo

Good episode, great end :)

Craig Gordons Gloves

That scene with Jorah and Samwell.

Boak. Pure boak. 

Archived