Game of Thrones season 7

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Say What Again

One of the reviews I've just read brings up a decent point. Did the Lannister army manage to take Highgarden in a matter of hours?

They didn't have the benefit of a sneaky cave back entrance and would have had to have laid siege to the castle. Surely the Tyrell army could hold this place for more than a few hours? You'd think days, if not weeks! 

I know they have to move the story along, but one of the biggest families in Westeros, and the army that helped swing the Battle of Blackwater Bay, obliterated in a matter of mins on their home turf :lol:

597f47a6232dfa4b008b4731-1334-1000.jpg

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

One of the reviews I've just read brings up a decent point. Did the Lannister army manage to take Highgarden in a matter of hours?

They didn't have the benefit of a sneaky cave back entrance and would have had to have laid siege to the castle. Surely the Tyrell army could hold this place for more than a few hours? You'd think days, if not weeks! 

I know they have to move the story along, but one of the biggest families in Westeros, and the army that helped swing the Battle of Blackwater Bay, obliterated in a matter of mins on their home turf :lol:

It is a bit ridiculous that the biggest house army in Westeros was obliterated and couldn't hold onto a castle for very long. Lady Olenna remarks that they were never the best at fighting but their numbers surely counted.. or did they.. when people referred to the Tyrell army perhaps they meant the reach army and once Tarly (who was always the real reason behind the Reach's strength) and some other minor houses (not including those that stayed with Stannis and were wiped out at blackwater/North) defected over to the Lannisters, maybe the Tyrells didn't have many numbers left.

strange that Tarly's sigil and the sigils of others weren't there, just the lannister colours and sigil. The show is very inconsistent in this regard

KineticBeat

Yep that seems to have been what happened. Jamie seems to have gotten out of bed, taken Highgarden and be expected back in Kings Landing with the gold within 14 days. 

I can handle Euron teleporting around the seas of Westeros at inhumane speed but this was a bit of a stretch. The Tyrell armies would have been weakened by Tarly's backstab but there is no way you'd take somewhere like Highgarden without a very long seige. Especially since Highgarden is supposed to have enough grain to feed the entire realm. Even one line about having men on the inside would have explained it all enough. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Yep that seems to have been what happened. Jamie seems to have gotten out of bed, taken Highgarden and be expected back in Kings Landing with the gold within 14 days. 

I can handle Euron teleporting around the seas of Westeros at inhumane speed but this was a bit of a stretch. The Tyrell armies would have been weakened by Tarly's backstab but there is no way you'd take somewhere like Highgarden without a very long seige. Especially since Highgarden is supposed to have enough grain to feed the entire realm. Even one line about having men on the inside would have explained it all enough. 

To be fair it isn't confirmed how long it took for the Lannisters to take over Highgarden it just cuts straight to the end

But the timelines are all over the place and I think to enjoy the show one has to ignore the fact it takes some people an episode to get from one end of the country to the other and for others half a season :lol: I think the showrunners have said scenes aren't happening all the same time/real time etc, so if Jorah shows up at Dragonstone next episode that means he left Oldtown weeks ago maybe even whilst Jon was on route to Dragonstone

KineticBeat

To be fair it isn't confirmed how long it took for the Lannisters to take over Highgarden it just cuts straight to the end

But the timelines are all over the place and I think to enjoy the show one has to ignore the fact it takes some people an episode to get from one end of the country to the other and for others half a season :lol: I think the showrunners have said scenes aren't happening all the same time/real time etc, so if Jorah shows up at Dragonstone next episode that means he left Oldtown weeks ago maybe even whilst Jon was on route to Dragonstone

It kind of is. Cersei leaves Jamie in bed to talk to the Iron Bank. She tells them she'd be able to pay them back in 14 days (with the gold from Highgarden). That means the show expects Jamie to travel to Highgarden, take it, and return to King's Landing within that time period. Which is a stretch. 

I understand that's how the show is operating and has done for a while. Slightly better writing would make it easier on themselves at points. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

It kind of is. Cersei leaves Jamie in bed to talk to the Iron Bank. She tells them she'd be able to pay them back in 14 days (with the gold from Highgarden). That means the show expects Jamie to travel to Highgarden, take it, and return to King's Landing within that time period. Which is a stretch. 

I understand that's how the show is operating and has done for a while. Slightly better writing would make it easier on themselves at points. 

I know, in that circumstance they could have done it one episode but made the stated timeline bigger

An episode of Bronn and Jaime ****ing Lannister on their travels would have been entertaining

It can get confusing!

Doesn't help with a constant "Which one's Littlefinger?" "Which one's Euron Grayjoy?" in my lug......

Mac_fae_Gillie

In the 1st episode Cersi manages to swing some Tyrell Lords to her side..  So the Tyrells were not as strong as they once were. Plus in then comes to an experienced force vs a city guard + a few more.

In the 1st episode Cersi manages to swing some Tyrell Lords to her side..  So the Tyrells were not as strong as they once were. Plus in then comes to an experienced force vs a city guard + a few more.

Yes the strength of the tarly army was taken from the Tyrells but I also said the same thing to my wife. How did high garden fall so easily? Its a huge castle on a rock.  

- not struck on Euron. (Or is it just the actor?) I get he is meant to be a madman but he's almost comical. For example imagine Ramsay Bolton giving Jamie the jibes about cersei, he'd be sinister as hell and mean it.

Totally agree with this. In the books he is very dark and I had expected him to be a bit less comical.

Really enjoyed the episode but I am not buying him as a baddy in the way Joffrey/Ramsey were. They were brilliantly played

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Totally agree with this. In the books he is very dark and I had expected him to be a bit less comical.

Really enjoyed the episode but I am not buying him as a baddy in the way Joffrey/Ramsey were. They were brilliantly played

They've merged Victarion and Euron and come up with something a bit too comical

Placid Casual

There are rumours that we may have to wait until 2019 for the final season

I don't mind them taking their time to get the ending it (or we!) deserves.

Placid Casual

Enjoyed that episode, especially the end. "He always was a *****" [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There were some great lines in this episode but that made me laugh out loud.

"That was Joffrey?s sword wasn?t it? Not that he ever used it. What did he call it?"

"Widow?s Wail."

"He really was a *****, wasn?t he."

:lol:

Looking forward to some dragon damage next week!

Cersie's on a roll this season, knocking off her enemies right and left.  It won't surprise me if she kills one or two of them with the giant crossbow.

Placid Casual

Cersie's on a roll this season, knocking off her enemies right and left. It won't surprise me if she kills one or two of them with the giant crossbow.

Yes I think one of them will be taken out by that crossbow.

Wouldn't like to be the person that fired it though!

Will Jon Snow be a dragon rider? And Tyrion for that matter ...

Earlier books had much more of Jon's warg ability. It's almost been forgotten in the series. They are missing a trick if Jon doesn't litteraly take control of a dragon

KineticBeat

If Jon ends up becoming a drsgon rider, Viserion will die and Jon will end up riding Rhaegal, the Dragon named after his da

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It is a bit ridiculous that the biggest house army in Westeros was obliterated and couldn't hold onto a castle for very long. Lady Olenna remarks that they were never the best at fighting but their numbers surely counted.. or did they.. when people referred to the Tyrell army perhaps they meant the reach army and once Tarly (who was always the real reason behind the Reach's strength) and some other minor houses (not including those that stayed with Stannis and were wiped out at blackwater/North) defected over to the Lannisters, maybe the Tyrells didn't have many numbers left.

strange that Tarly's sigil and the sigils of others weren't there, just the lannister colours and sigil. The show is very inconsistent in this regard

I thought it was a bit odd as well. However, if the Tyrell army had already left to besiege Kings Landing - as was the original plan - then you could understand how easy it was.  

I suspect that we'll never hear of the Tyrell army again and we're to assume that they got wiped out then though. 

Jambo-Jimbo

If Jon ends up becoming a drsgon rider, Viserion will die and Jon will end up riding Rhaegal, the Dragon named after his da

:oohmatron:

I'd have thought he'd be more interested in the dragon's mother.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

one incest storyline is enough even for GoT

Must be a safe bet he gives his aunt one

Jambo-Jimbo

one incest storyline is enough even for GoT

Ah, but Jon doesn't know that Daenerys is his Aunt, and besides all the best dynasties were founded upon incest.

Placid Casual

Ah, but Jon doesn't know that Daenerys is his Aunt, and besides all the best dynasties were founded upon incest.

I thought Bran would send a raven as soon as he learned that Jon was at Dragonstone.

"MATE, DINNIE FIRE INTAE HER. SHE'S YER DA'S SISTER."

Or something like that.

Say What Again

I thought Bran would send a raven as soon as he learned that Jon was at Dragonstone.

"MATE, DINNIE FIRE INTAE HER. SHE'S YER DA'S SISTER."

Or something like that.

I'm not so sure he would.

The wee weirdo seemed pretty happy telling his sister he'd watched her get pumped on her wedding night.

:clumshot:

Placid Casual

Very true, bang out of order that was.

I think Sansa's "WTF??" face will also be seen when she meets Arya.

If Jon Snow has sex with his aunt Daenerys, will that make him a Hibs supporter?  :wink:

bajthejambo

I'm not so sure he would.

The wee weirdo seemed pretty happy telling his sister he'd watched her get pumped on her wedding night.

:clumshot:

I found that strange too. "You looked Beautiful".

It's just as well he's paralysed from the waist down, the dirty ******* pervert.

I agree with this, she made a point of telling Jon that they were named after her brothers. I don't think it will be this series though. I think it'll be part of the full ending, I think it'll be a wee teaser this series where it shows that the dragons won't hurt him. A big like Tyrion last series/2 series ago.

GoT needs some fresh puntang pie. Lena Headey bores me now and her nude scenes are done with body doubles (cause she's a flat chested hag with shite tattoo's).

Seen enough Emilia Clarke now too, yawn.

Say What Again

GoT needs some fresh puntang pie. Lena Headey bores me now and her nude scenes are done with body doubles (cause she's a flat chested hag with shite tattoo's).

Arya?

See Melissandre telling Varys that they both need to die in a foreign country or something.

Bit of foreshadowing I think. Poor Varys, I like him.

Sure I read Emilia Clarke is a double too. It's a clause in her contract. Not that we've seen much of her recently.

Sure I read Emilia Clarke is a double too. It's a clause in her contract. Not that we've seen much of her recently.

Was her at the start series 1 and 2 but then I'm sure a clause was put in so she didn't have to anymore

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Was her at the start series 1 and 2 but then I'm sure a clause was put in so she didn't have to anymore

she said in the papers last year she didn't use a body double for the dosh Kaleen burning down scene

kingantti1874

His aunt? Is it not his half sister.. Thought They have the same dad..?

William H. Bonney

Definitely his aunt

Her dad was aerys the mad king, his dad is rhaegar the mad kings son

They've merged Victarion and Euron and come up with something a bit too comical

Kinda pissed me off how they turned Euron into some all killing murderous insane Terminator. I'm also pissed at him for not waiting 10 more minutes so we got to see the two dirties Yara and Ellaria going at it. :( 

Lena Heady is fit man, don't let her portrayal of that monster Cersei throw you off! 

As for seeing too much of Emilia Clarke... :cornette:

Archived