Game of Thrones season 7

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

66 mins is the leak I watched and didn't appear to miss anything.

If the final two episodes top that one, then platinum TV will be on offer.

From The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad now this, the last 20 years has, in my humble, pissed over the movie industry.

I ken, apples and oranges, but still. 'TV' reigns supreme.

There is only one episode to go after the latest leak.

That was an amazing episode, really hope the final episode is "accidently" released early again.

Add in Vikings, The Tudors, House Of Cards and the telly in recent times has been utterly unreal.

Thought Vikings was gash.

Get on Black Sails. Right up there with game of thrones for me.

Captain Sausage

Thought Vikings was gash.

Get on Black Sails. Right up there with game of thrones for me.

And it's got Billy Bones aka Dickon.

Thought black sails totally ran out of steam in the last season though.

Finally got the watch the leaked episode spoilers to follow

Felt it was inevitable that the white walkers were going to get a dragon at some point. They'll need a big dragonglass arrow to kill it.

North Berwick Jambo

I just caught up with this thread after work, instantly found the next one online and had to watch it straight away. Epic :)

Is it a convenience the two best episodes of the series have been leaked?

I hope not. Cant be arsed waiting 2 weeks on the last one TBH...

Riddley Walker

Is it a convenience the two best episodes of the series have been leaked?

Apparently after the first one leaked HBO had their highest ever GOT viewing figures when it actually aired.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Apparently after the first one leaked HBO had their highest ever GOT viewing figures when it actually aired.

If that is true expect the last episode to leak next week.

That's what I'm hoping for, however, by keeping everyone waiting until Monday, and everyone talking about how desperate they are to see it, I don't think it will be leaked and they'll still get super high viewing figures.

That's what I'm hoping for, however, by keeping everyone waiting until Monday, and everyone talking about how desperate they are to see it, I don't think it will be leaked and they'll still get super high viewing figures.

Say What Again

Like Jon Snow, I know nothing of these things, but I find it bizarre they got their biggest ever viewing figures for and episode loads of folk had already seen.

Wouldn't more folk tune in to watch something they hadn't seen?

Oh I've watched the leaked version so I can't wait to watch it again... as opposed to... meh, not fussy if I watch this episode I've not watched yet :lol:

Not saying it's not true before anyone posts a link, I just struggle to see the logic in how the most folk ever watch an airing that's already benn viewed all around the world.

Snacks a bit of 'oh yeah so you hacked us leaked it? Well guess what? It worked in our favour so na na nana nah' :lol:

I think it's more that some people only watch it on catch-up most weeks instead of watching it "live" broadcast.

One it's been leaked, they are more likely to watch the airing as they don't want to be exposed to potential spoilers by waiting to see it on catch up services as they normally would.

Ergo, more viewing figures for the first legal showing.

Riddley Walker

Like Jon Snow, I know nothing of these things, but I find it bizarre they got their biggest ever viewing figures for and episode loads of folk had already seen.

Oh I've watched the leaked version so I can't wait to watch it again... as opposed to... meh, not fussy if I watch this episode I've not watched yet :lol:

Not saying it's not true before anyone posts a link, I just struggle to see the logic in how the most folk ever watch an airing that's already benn viewed all around the world.

Snacks a bit of 'oh yeah so you hacked us leaked it? Well guess what? It worked in our favour so na na nana nah' :lol:

To be honest I reckon most folk who torrent it or stream it will be doing it anyway and the folk that pay extra to have HBO or Sky Atlantic probably don't watch stuff illegally, generally speaking.

Riddley Walker

And here:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-4-ratings-spoils-of-war-most-watched-ever-a7884111.html%3Famp&ved=0ahUKEwiE5b3CrOHVAhVCQpoKHdPCDYYQFgglMAA&usg=AFQjCNHWsQwzasuyJDCExR00J3yMO5CMRw&ampcf=1

To be honest I reckon most folk who torrent it or stream it will be doing it anyway and the folk that pay extra to have HBO or Sky Atlantic probably don't watch stuff illegally, generally speaking.

I'd agree with this.. The best episodes have been leaked.. 

If you watch it legally you would still do so but you would know it's a fantastic episode coming up because you would have heard about it so you'd make sure to tune in.

On the other hand if you watch it illegally it doesn't really affect HBO when you watch it because you'd have done it illegally anyway.. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Buckled and watched the leaked episode. Amazing stuff. Will post again once in morning it's aired on HBO/Sky!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Good points:

• Tormund and Hound dialogue. fan service but good
  • Dragons vs wights.
  • wight Viserion

Bad points:

• Gendry being able to run back to Eastwactch, a raven being sent to Dragonstone, Dany receiving said raven, considering it, and flying all the way beyond the wall in the time it took for a lake to refreeze in sub zero temperatures. I have long given up on getting too annoyed with the time travel some characters can do but this week took the biscuit
  • No confirmation which dragon was killed and reanimated. According to users on the internet it was Viserion.
  • Could the dragons not have gone for the Night King and white walkers? I suppose the explanation is they were focused on saving the avengers/suicide squad and would have gone for the NK/WW next but after Viserion was taken down the priority was to get the F out of there
  • Nameless "red shirt" wildlings there merely for the purpose to die whilst all the named characters survived the wight attack (Thoros, maybe the least important of the crew, dying by previous wounds coupled with freezing). I appreciate Jon has plot armour but the rest I would have thought were quite expendable and although I think he is a great character it felt a bit of a sell out when Thormund was brought back from the brink.
  • Benjen/Coldhands reintroduced merely to be tied up as a loose end. A better ending would have been Rhaegal coming back for Jon and foreshadowing the R+L=J reveal, which I really do hope Bran tells Jon about next week
  • Sansa and Arya. zzzzzzzz

Next week's preview seems to suggest the focus will be on the summit at Kings Landing.

Good points:

• Tormund and Hound dialogue. fan service but good
  • Dragons vs wights.
  • wight Viserion

Bad points:

• Gendry being able to run back to Eastwactch, a raven being sent to Dragonstone, Dany receiving said raven, considering it, and flying all the way beyond the wall in the time it took for a lake to refreeze in sub zero temperatures. I have long given up on getting too annoyed with the time travel some characters can do but this week took the biscuit
  • No confirmation which dragon was killed and reanimated. According to users on the internet it was Viserion.
  • Could the dragons not have gone for the Night King and white walkers? I suppose the explanation is they were focused on saving the avengers/suicide squad and would have gone for the NK/WW next but after Viserion was taken down the priority was to get the F out of there
  • Nameless "red shirt" wildlings there merely for the purpose to die whilst all the named characters survived the wight attack (Thoros, maybe the least important of the crew, dying by previous wounds coupled with freezing). I appreciate Jon has plot armour but the rest I would have thought were quite expendable and although I think he is a great character it felt a bit of a sell out when Thormund was brought back from the brink.
  • Benjen/Coldhands reintroduced merely to be tied up as a loose end. A better ending would have been Rhaegal coming back for Jon and foreshadowing the R+L=J reveal, which I really do hope Bran tells Jon about next week
  • Sansa and Arya. zzzzzzzz

Next week's preview seems to suggest the focus will be on the summit at Kings Landing.

I agree with the time travelling being ridiculous. However, I think we were supposed to believe that they were trapped on the lake for between 48-72 hours (which is still a stretch for the Gendry/Raven/Dragons travel time). We see them go through at least one sleep cycle and if we assume they had food/water in their packs etc. I reckon the Wights didn't attack because they weren't sure if they ice would hold or not which is why it took the rock throwing to make them start to attack. I also think this is why when they did they did it in dribs and drabs and not as a whole horde). I also have a theory that the Night King is a greenseer like Bran and knew that there would be Dragons coming (would explain why they had the ice javelins ready etc.)  IF this is all true, then the writing is pretty poor in getting this across as it would only really take a couple of lines of dialogue. 

I didn't even realise they had never confirmed which dragon actually died. That again is poor writing. 

Benjen saving Jon in my mind works. He mentioned previously that he was tracking the movements of the Wight army so it makes sense that he was close by. Also, when we first see him he mentions that he was ordered by the 3 eyed raven to go get Bran. Therefore, it could be that Bran (now being the 3ER) order Benjen to save Jon. Again, this could have been better explained with better writing. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I agree with the time travelling being ridiculous. However, I think we were supposed to believe that they were trapped on the lake for between 48-72 hours (which is still a stretch for the Gendry/Raven/Dragons travel time). We see them go through at least one sleep cycle and if we assume they had food/water in their packs etc. I reckon the Wights didn't attack because they weren't sure if they ice would hold or not which is why it took the rock throwing to make them start to attack. I also think this is why when they did they did it in dribs and drabs and not as a whole horde). I also have a theory that the Night King is a greenseer like Bran and knew that there would be Dragons coming (would explain why they had the ice javelins ready etc.)  IF this is all true, then the writing is pretty poor in getting this across as it would only really take a couple of lines of dialogue. 

I didn't even realise they had never confirmed which dragon actually died. That again is poor writing. 

Benjen saving Jon in my mind works. He mentioned previously that he was tracking the movements of the Wight army so it makes sense that he was close by. Also, when we first see him he mentions that he was ordered by the 3 eyed raven to go get Bran. Therefore, it could be that Bran (now being the 3ER) order Benjen to save Jon. Again, this could have been better explained with better writing. 

I have a feeling Bran is just going to tell Jon a lot next week and tie up a lot of loose ends (hopefully).

Agree that NK might be greenseer, eg some of the wights kept trying to steal back the wight prisoner. One wight isn't that important and the NK has happily used his army sparingly in the past, so that must have been because he knew the prisoner had some value to Jon et al.

I wonder whether the wight being taken beyond the wall might affect the magic which holds the wall (the furthest one has been has been castle black) or unViserion will be used to breach the wall for the army of the dead

I have a feeling Bran is just going to tell Jon a lot next week and tie up a lot of loose ends (hopefully).

Agree that NK might be greenseer, eg some of the wights kept trying to steal back the wight prisoner. One wight isn't that important and the NK has happily used his army sparingly in the past, so that must have been because he knew the prisoner had some value to Jon et al.

I wonder whether the wight being taken beyond the wall might affect the magic which holds the wall (the furthest one has been has been castle black) or unViserion will be used to breach the wall for the army of the dead

In season/book 1 Wights were beyond the wall (just) when two reanimate and attack at Castle Black. I imagine it will be fine just to move the plot. The season will finish with unViserion blasting the wall down and the Wights marching through it. There is supposed to be some magic to stop the White Walkers from proceeding beyond the Wall but I imagine the mark the Night King put on Bran will come back into play to nullify this.

Unpatiently awaiting season finale leak....

I'd be surprised if it did happen though, last weeks leak built up a good bit of publicity so I reckon they will make sure to build antipication for the finale

Mac_fae_Gillie

Spoilers all over the web last week made this a predictable episode, even guessed the fate of that big dead dude,

Only thing hanging was Arya's motives/actions towards Sansa thought she gone pshyco but.....spoiler...

Gonna stay as web free for 7 days from now...

I'm still not sure why they didn't just use that massive hammer to keep breaking up the ice and stop it freezing over.

It's getting a bit ridiculous in terms of how certain characters survive. Jon isn't very clever either and constantly let's his followers die by his poor choices.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm still not sure why they didn't just use that massive hammer to keep breaking up the ice and stop it freezing over.

Aye I thought that aswell.

I am going to overlook some of the flaws in the story and say I really enjoyed that episode.
Some of the chat between Tormund and the Hound was brilliant to start with. The fight scenes and Dany saving the day also right up there. The final scenes with Danearys and Jon was also quality and the Dragon being turned......wow
Cant wait to see where we are going with this next week.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I have no idea what will happen in the final episode but I think we'll see the end of Littlefinger. His time is surely up.

You kind of have to suspend your belief in a show that's got dragons, zombies and folk who get killed but get brought back from the dead. Said before that the fewer episodes in this season have led to scenes getting squashed, giving the sense that things are happening more quickly than they ought to.

I have no idea what will happen in the final episode but I think we'll see the end of Littlefinger. His time is surely up.

I don't truely believe this but in a sick GRR Martin sort of satisfactory way it would almost be fitting he ends up on the ironthorne.

I say this because he is the only one truely playing 'the game of thrones'

He's came from nothing and has wormed his way up. Good character

I don't truely believe this but in a sick GRR Martin sort of satisfactory way it would almost be fitting he ends up on the ironthorne.

it does look like they are building up his attempts to drive a wedge between Sansa, Arya (and Brienne to an extent) and he is winning. But both sisters have learned so much I have to suspect they will (perhaps off-screen) have figured him out and Arya will put a face on to con him and then despatch him...bloody hope so anyway, just to see his face when he's been out "fingered", so to speak.

it does look like they are building up his attempts to drive a wedge between Sansa, Arya (and Brienne to an extent) and he is winning. But both sisters have learned so much I have to suspect they will (perhaps off-screen) have figured him out and Arya will put a face on to con him and then despatch him...bloody hope so anyway, just to see his face when he's been out "fingered", so to speak.

When Sansa found Anya's faces, Anya did say she could become her, or words to that effect, so you never know.

Darth Sidious

Wish Martin would finally finish book 6.  Remember this is not Martin writing these episodes its Benioff and Weiss, they only know the end and not how to get there.  Cant wait to see what Martin does differently and with the characters the show rejected/ignored.

Great episode though.  Cleganebowl 2017 next week?

Or is he?  Perhaps he's taught Sansa too well.

I think this too. A few seasons before someone mentioned to little finger 'you would burn it all down to be king of the ashes'

A few times this seris comments have been made 'you dont want to be a queen of ashes'.

Ive always thought in martins twisted mind in the end everyone is destroyed with littlefinger happily sitting on the iron throne with only ashes to rule over.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Must have missed this, but which Dragon was killed?  Did anybody mention it's name.

Anyway just about the last thing the living needed, a zombie Dragon.

It shouldn't spit fire anymore, as it's breath should be icy cold and freeze everybody with it's breath.

At least that's what I'd have it doing.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Littlefinger has been reduced to a bit of a spare part/stalker this season. D&D have struggled with what to do with Littlefinger, as well as Varys. Ever since they ran out of GRRM material they have struggled with the political Machiavellian storylines, don't get me wrong they're brilliant at pulling off big battles and scenes like BoB, Loot train, Sept explosion, and this week's ice lake battle, but the dialogue and character interactions isn't half as good as the early seasons when it was all taken from Martin's source material

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Must have missed this, but which Dragon was killed?  Did anybody mention it's name.

Anyway just about the last thing the living needed, a zombie Dragon.

It shouldn't spit fire anymore, as it's breath should be icy cold and freeze everybody with it's breath.

At least that's what I'd have it doing.

It was Viserion, although it wasn't mentioned in the show or even on inside the episode but some eagle eyed people have figured it out based on his colouring (he was the more obvious one to die as Jon's true parentage might lead to him riding on the back of Rhaegal who is named after his father).

I am baffled why they show didn't make it clear maybe even by Daenerys shouting his name. I even had to watch it back to make sure Rhaegal wasn't hurt because at the end when Dany is looking out from Eastwatch we only see Drogo (I think) circling around

Archived